• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Vampire Weekend - The Kids Don't Stand A Chance (Chromeo Remix)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Alright, so I'm using this now with notepad. Now I just need a list of the names for the ingame NTSC-U song titles so I can ctrl+F them and replace them.

The word "overworld" isn't found in the songs.db. ;_;

So far, the only way to edit a title in Menu_en.pac is to decompress it, edit it in a hex editor and then re-compress it? We cannot change the length of those titles yet, correct?

Edit: Longest song title= "I Tamper With Evidence At The Murder Site Of Odin"

Dantarion

Smash Champion
sinister, the file name you are talking about is menu2/mu_menumain.pac. Right now the way you mentioned is the only way, but its the same format as info.pac, I already made a mod of ALSTT that can handle this file.

Also, anyone using the hexing method for now, the file is loaded from pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac due to a bug in the FPC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90F6DJ1JFa8

Ah, yes. Thank you for the clarification. I've just gotten so used to shortening the name if the file, most people in the know have an idea what I mean.

I assume the reason you've yet to release an update to your ALSTT is bug testing?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No, its just lazyness.
I have too many apps that need updating, and I'm working on Brawl+, and I have real life johns, like school, work, gf, etc.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hey uhh...do the custom song titles work on wifi? ><

Alphatron

Smash Champion
With the advent of brawlbox and you already being busy, I don't expect to see this anytime soon. But the upgrade to this that can edit the text in the My Music menu, is it stable?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't believe this got answered earlier, but my app only stays open for a split second, displays a bit of text but immediately closes. I've also gotten it to where it displays for 30 seconds with a blank screen, but then does the same thing. I opened songs.db in notepad ++, then changed the titles to match my custom songs, but the app has never worked for me. Help, please?!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
did it make a info.pac? If not theres something wrong with your Song.db. Trying adding a bunch of random songs inside the Dantarions song maker. Change the names for the songs on the SD card, and export it. That's what i do.

And my longest song is: THrough the Fire and the Flames - Dragon Force

Dantarion

Smash Champion
BTW Guys, you can open song.db in notepad++, and copy/paste it into BrawlBox's msbin editor and have custom titles that way. Yeah, thats right, BrawlBox can now do what this program does :D

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
BTW Guys, you can open song.db in notepad++, and copy/paste it into BrawlBox's msbin editor and have custom titles that way. Yeah, thats right, BrawlBox can now do what this program does :D
Would you mind telling me how to get BrawlBox?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
did it make a info.pac? If not theres something wrong with your Song.db. Trying adding a bunch of random songs inside the Dantarions song maker. Change the names for the songs on the SD card, and export it. That's what i do.

And my longest song is: THrough the Fire and the Flames - Dragon Force
I made it, saved it in Notepad ++, then tried the app and it didn't work at all. I know length isn't the problem...any chance I could get a quick answer on this (as in, within the next hour or two)?
I know I have Phantom Wings 3.5.1, as that was required for the initial music hacks, and the music plays fine.

I would like to remind everybody who attempts to edit mu_menumain.pac's music list manually to remember to compress Brawlbox's saved file afterward, as it seems to leave it uncompressed after saving. The script for compression is as follows:

ntcompress -l -o <output file> -A4 <input file> (without the <>)

I suggest hitting Shift-RightMouseButton to open a command box in your current working window.

I couldn't figure out the songs.db approach, so I simply opened up info.pac in a seperate Brawlbox window and copy/pasted the titles one at a time. Not more than 5 minutes worth of work. :)
For those of you who want custom music names in my music, you have to place mu_menumain.pac in:

app/RSBE/pfmenu2

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Copying the title one by one isn't even necessary. Just export the msbin file from your edited info.pac into mu_menumain. That's what my friend did and it works like a charm for him.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
if the mu_menu.pac thing loads from pfmenu2, then does that mean I have:

pf/pfmenu2

or

pf/menu2

or do I rename my original pf folder to pfmenu2?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
i'm thinking that the poster forgot a slash, and it's just pf/menu2
oh okay, thanks. Though I could have sworn I'd seen someone else also say it was pfmenu2... well I don't know. But I guess I'll have to try both...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I would like to remind everybody who attempts to edit mu_menumain.pac's music list manually to remember to compress Brawlbox's saved file afterward, as it seems to leave it uncompressed after saving. The script for compression is as follows:

ntcompress -l -o <output file> -A4 <input file> (without the <>)

I suggest hitting Shift-RightMouseButton to open a command box in your current working window.

I couldn't figure out the songs.db approach, so I simply opened up info.pac in a seperate Brawlbox window and copy/pasted the titles one at a time. Not more than 5 minutes worth of work. :)
For those of you who want custom music names in my music, you have to place mu_menumain.pac in:

app/RSBE/pfmenu2
So...I edited the info.pac in BrawlBox and renamed everything correctly, saved it, made sure it saved the changes by reopening it, and then put it in info2 in the correct spot. Where did you guys get the mu_menumain.pac from? It wasn't in the ALSTT, unless that was the editmeinfo.pac, or whatever it was called...

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I edit the info.pac or mu_menumain.pac and put them on my SD card my wii always freezes after the loading symbol. Me no likey the loud BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZPPPPPP noise. I'm pretty sure I put them in the right folder.

private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac
private/wii/APP/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac

Dantarion

Smash Champion
youre probably editing them wrong or have a weird songs.db.

Use BrawlBox to edit info.pac and mu_menumain.pac from now on, its easier.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
It goes in RSBE.
Okay, THANK YOU.

so the tool is basically obsolete now, huh? Well, it accomplished what it had to...

So...I edited the info.pac in BrawlBox and renamed everything correctly, saved it, made sure it saved the changes by reopening it, and then put it in info2 in the correct spot. Where did you guys get the mu_menumain.pac from? It wasn't in the ALSTT, unless that was the editmeinfo.pac, or whatever it was called...
I got mine from the online data base of brawl files.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice

Actually I do use BrawlBox. I edited the info.pac and saved it. I also exported the msbin with the song titles in it (miscdata[140])and opened the mu_menumain.pac in BrawlBox and replaced miscdata[7] with miscdata[140]. When i saved it it compressed and i took out the _en and i put the mu_menumain.pac in pfmenu2.

Can anybody whose gotten this to work tell me how they did it, its driving me insane :psycho:
Thanks

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If you're using "Save As", save it as a pcs file or else brawlbox will uncompress it and it will be too big.

Besides, this program supplied us with Any Length titles, didn't it? Brawlbox supports any length titles as well without the file size increase?

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
If you're using "Save As", save it as a pcs file or else brawlbox will uncompress it and it will be too big.
Well I did that, and I made sure it was compressed, and when I started up the game it didn't freeze, but no music titles were changed in My Music or at the beginning of a match...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Just a random question, is it okay to save the file as a .pcs? Will the Phantom Wings file loader read that and not get mad?

Yeah, I get the same buzzing noise as you Olimario. Try compressing the actual saved .pac file because my guess is that your .pac info is 1,240KB or so, right? It has to be like 390KB. And yes, when you save it as a .pcs it doesn't seem to do anything in terms of changing names at all. I'm going to try to compress mine now with ntcompress as someone mentioned that earlier in the thread.

EDIT : Help please >_> I can't seem to figure out how to use ntcompress, and saving the files as a .pac end up in a file that is much too large and freezes the Wii with a loud buzzing, saving it as a .pcs results in an unreadable file (thus changing nothing), and saving it as a .pcs and then renaming it .pac just freezes the Wii (but without the really loud buzzing). Any assistance?

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I get the same buzzing noise as you Olimario. Try compressing the actual saved .pac file because my guess is that your .pac info is 1,240KB or so, right? It has to be like 390KB.
You mean the info.pac? Yeah it's 392 KB. If you meant the mu_menumain.pac it was 4.06 MB.
If it wouldn't be too much trouble could anyone who got this working post how they did it step by step? It would be appreciated for people like me who can't seem to get this right.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I get a blank screen after the strap loader when trying to load the mu_menu and info.pac...

info.pac is no pf/info2/info.pac

mu_menumain is in pf/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac

what happened? :(

I used Brawlbox, if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom