• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti vs Ally - Gauntlet - October 3rd

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Mindgames have come a long way.

Edit: In round 3, I heard some dude talkin' about Smash going downhill cause of how Brawl turned out. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"The next one will either be worse, or just as bad cause he clearly stated that he didn't want this game to be competitive."

That's outrageous. Look at Melee, it turned out to be a great competitive game not because of Nintendo, but the community. Even if Sakurai didn't want Smash to be solely for the competitive crowd, I think his point is that they're not making games so that they can be represented as something completely different than intended.

Brawl is way better than how Melee was before the current generation. Nintendo simply took the way they saw Smash Bros. (excluding us) and improved on it, and I don't have any problems with that. The game is still very competitive and has a large fanbase.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol ally used that grab release bs on me in some FRIENDLIES!. rofl

Nice job anti. you still ****. ilu more than anyone hur. : )

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Edit: In round 3, I heard some dude talkin' about Smash going downhill cause of how Brawl turned out. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

"The next one will either be worse, or just as bad cause he clearly stated that he didn't want this game to be competitive."

That's outrageous. Look at Melee, it turned out to be a great competitive game not because of Nintendo, but the community. Even if Sakurai didn't want Smash to be solely for the competitive crowd, I think his point is that they're not making games so that they can be represented as something completely different than intended.

Brawl is way better than how Melee was before the current generation. Nintendo simply took the way they saw Smash Bros. (excluding us) and improved on it, and I don't have any problems with that. The game is still very competitive and has a large fanbase.
ROFL. Sorry, nope.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
Mindgames have come a long way.

i Seriously Laughed at that if brawl sucks so much then Why is he at a Brawl Tournament.

etecoon

Smash Hero

That's outrageous. Look at Melee, it turned out to be a great competitive game not because of Nintendo, but the community.
that was an accident but it was before sakurai was actively attempting to destroy competitiveness(he probably didn't think it was necessary before). the next smash will likely be an even more broken piece of **** than brawl was. the guy in the video was completely right, sakurai hates us.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
please don't make this a melee vs. brawl thread. if you argue with me on that you won't win. =D

amazing up smash but: Carmen Kinsley>Anti

Top Bottom