• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anthinus combo can be broken.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I hadn't really thought about it until now, is everyone aware of this? There is a way for the opponent to defend against it if they are able to guess it is coming. I'd rather not post it here where anyone can see it. I think it is a secret that should stay with sonic mains. If you don't know and you need to know, then message me on aim or yahoo. My sn for both is magnificentmarth.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
isnt anithus combo just dash attack to spring uair? with them landing on the spring? everyone knows it can be broken, easily. inherent characteristics of the combo make it EASY to break. hitting the spring gets rid of all lag. you can jump or multihit aerial(fair, yoshi dair, **** like that) out of it.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
isnt anithus combo just dash attack to spring uair? with them landing on the spring? everyone knows it can be broken, easily. inherent characteristics of the combo make it EASY to break. hitting the spring gets rid of all lag. you can jump or multihit aerial(fair, yoshi dair, **** like that) out of it.

:093:
This.

I was killed by a Snake uair by sprining him up into the air on respawn.
It's in my Morningstar videos from November I think.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yeah its a rather disappointing because unlike Sonic, your opponent is capable of attacking throughout the time they bounce off the spring.
it really relies on how your opponent behaves on reaction and most will just Uair you.

You can also just DI up then double jump or attack and you'll hit Sonic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think magnum made the thread this way so that that stuff wouldnt get out to our enemies...
like i said we all knew that, but you werent supposed to let everyone else know...

either way, inherent qualities of it do make it harder to get out of, and theres already a counter-counter for anyone that tries to get out of it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
well, it can be 'broken' at two points: dash attack (20+ frame opening) and spring

9__9; which is kind of why I don't use it.

Trillion

Smash Ace
None of you have mentioned, the method of breaking this that I was talking about. what I am referring to could actually get us killed by our own combo.

Top Bottom