• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcer: Male or Female?

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Male/Female: If only one can be had, then male, purely to keep with tradition. Otherwise, having the other gender as an option would be nice.

DJ Professor K from Jet Set Radio:Even though I've never played the game, just from your quotes, SSJ4Kazuki, I want to see that as an optional announcer.

Chuck Norris: Bad annoying1359. Bad. No Chuck Norris for you.

Unlocking characters as announcers: That would take alot of voice acting... but it's amusing enough; when the characters speak, of course. Though Pikachu would be funny, if annoying after the first ten seconds...

General Greevious: Sweet. Probably wont happen, but sweet.

Other announcer voices: That would be sweet. Like what they did with the Risk PS2 game... imagine a Sean Connery announcer voice. That would be halarious.

magar

Banned via Administration
Off-Topic :WTF's going on w/Chuck Norris
On-Topic :I say let the characters speak for themselfs

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Zook said:
I've never played "sonic adveenture 2 battle" before. Does it star Egor or something...?

But, In Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle), yes, you could customise the voice options with all of the characters. That may happen in Brawl, although it seems unlikely that Pichu or Yoshi will become the announcer any time soon.
Yeah nice idea. you could set the voice to default men, default women and choose from every other characters voice. Yeah but don't expect pikachu, kirby or link to talk cause they never do.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Cashed said:
We need a Pikachu announcer, that way all we ever hear is different sequences of pi, ka and chu.

edit: If Nintendo hires the Perfect Dark Zero announcer I will not buy this game. :|

i've never heard that anouncer or played the game can you fill me in on what i've missed?

(the game being perfect dark zero

also i think a robot anouncer would be really cool or like the steven hawkings thing where it's all mono. like in the song satisfaction by benny benassi or however you spell it

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Character announcers: Remember, although completely mute characters such as Link certainly can't make the announcer position, Pikachu can still spout it's name intelligibly, yoshi can make random yoshiesque sounds, and so on. I can see some characters (like the afore mentioned) as bonuses, and maybe a few others like Snake, but beyond the base male and maybe extra female, that'll probably be it.

Off topic with Chuck Norris: I assure you, you don't want to know.

UnholySauce

Smash Rookie
The announcer should totally be Homestar Runner. I can hear it now: "Classic. Adventure. ALL-STAAAAAR! Options?"

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
UnholySauce said:
The announcer should totally be Homestar Runner. I can hear it now: "Classic. Adventure. ALL-STAAAAAR! Options?"

lol or like SB he'd be like "WHAT THE CRAP!" instead of the crowd cheering and stuff on recoveries

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
"he'd be like "WHAT THE CRAP!" ": While a more "animated" voice would be interesting, don't hold your breath on the "WHAT THE CRAP" business. The fact that this game (as of its newest edition) is rated Teen is generally moot; the game still is trying to be appealing to a younger audience. In short, don't expect anything that could be seen as offencive.

Paranoid_Android 's Idea: Slider = nice.

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
Azukki said:
Good idea, but what about kirby, and the other ones who never talk? They'd need voice actors then. Have bowser, donkey kong, and kirby even had voice actors that actually speak? what does pit sound like? etc.
Well, Bowser talks in Super Mario Sunshine and Dk had a voice is the old DK cartoon...

Iron_Chef_Sakai

Banned via Administration
Kereokacola said:
Question. Would you rather have the new announcer for Brawl be a male or a female? Or how about both? I think it would be neat to have the choice in the options menu to choose whether or not you want a male or female voice to announce... practically and virtually everything in the game.

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing a female for a change. But another thing that would be cool, is if the characters themselves would announce their own names after selecting them. Please express your opinions/and or ideas regarding... this matter.
i want this to be the announcer

http://www.animaxis.com/images/products/131627.jpg

woooot

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
LINK! PIT! METAKNIGHT! ZERO SUIT SAMUS! READY? GO! AAAAND WE'RE OFF!!! ZERO SUIT SAMUS GRABS PIT WHILE METAKNIGHT AND LINK DUEL ON THE SIDE! WHOAH! NICE SPIN! NO NEED TO WORRY, METAKNIGHT'S GOT IT COVERED! MEANWHILE, PIT'S FEATHERING SAMUS LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW! WAIT! IS THAT A SMASHER EMBLEM? HOLY ****!! EVERYONE RUNS AT IT!! OH WAIT LINK'S GOT IT!! RUN AWAY OH GOD NO METAKNIGHT NOOOOOOO!!! THE BLOOD!! PLAYER 2 DE-FEA-TED!!

One can only dream...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
The current one fits in it well. also if you want commentary to that surely people at tournaments could do it, if they didn't I'd happily fill in for them, I don't mind doing commentaries :D

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
Problem is, for commentaries the same guy would have to record over 1000 phrases. Oh, and Yoda? how can he mess up one word sentences?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
put the syllables in the wrong place or just extend some bits, ie GO! becomes Go, you must. Ready... becomes Be prepared, you should. and for syllables you could do like g-ame, the this games winner is bits would be funny though, a winner, bowser is

ciRius j0Qr

Smash Journeyman
San Juan, Puerto Rico {Estudio en RUM so M mepuede
Baron_54 said:
Problem is, for commentaries the same guy would have to record over 1000 phrases. Oh, and Yoda? how can he mess up one word sentences?
OK fine
But how about for smashing it could be all right
I mean they have Snake , What is he going to use, Guns comme onn
Yoda with his awsome figthing style

Edit:
I think this is getting out of topic

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
be a bit easy wouldn't it? *fox runs at yoda, short hops and tries to dair into waveshine combo. Yoda predicts it all, lifts fox off his feet with the force before repeatedly smashing his face into the floor whilst screeching "NO WAVESHINE FOR YOU!" before flinging him off the edge of the stage.*

Who cares if were a little off track, it's not like many people post stuff at this time anyway :D

ciRius j0Qr

Smash Journeyman
San Juan, Puerto Rico {Estudio en RUM so M mepuede
Inferno_blaze said:
be a bit easy wouldn't it? *fox runs at yoda, short hops and tries to dair into waveshine combo. Yoda predicts it all, lifts fox off his feet with the force before repeatedly smashing his face into the floor whilst screeching "NO WAVESHINE FOR YOU!" before flinging him off the edge of the stage.*

Who cares if were a little off track, it's not like many people post stuff at this time anyway :D
Game designers would have to work that out
in the movies he did those "telekenetics" moves on emergencies
He can do it as a special

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
This whole talk about anouncers reminds me of all the possibilities where it could go wrong. Such as Marvel vs Capcom's "Let's go crazy!" or even Street Figher Alpha 3's announcer. OMG :laugh:

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
ciRius j0Qr said:
Yeah
Its going to be a perfume annuncing voice
And for a smashing game

Think about it
Were we not talking about Smash Bros, I'd be inclined to claim you were on some sort of strange hallucinogen. I'm fairly certain that a female announcer in fighting games is not a new concept; how do you think the idea for this thread came to be?
ciRius j0Qr said:
Perfect, announcer we have
Change, we should not
As options, all the ideas should be

Yoda for ssbb
jejejejejeje
Exactly. 'Cept the Yoda part just confuses me. Lets not and let anyone who wants him to just fantasize it instead.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
It is an interesting topic, and it would be nice to have the option to choose but female voices are usually used for games that require the hero to take directions ffrom female voices because males respond better to female voices guiding them rather than a male voice barking at them in intense situations. Reason: most gamers are guys. examples: Timesplitters3, Halo series.

It sucks when you have to hear "Warning, death is imminent" constantly being barked from the male voice in your mech suit or whatever. The female voice makes it sound more like a suggestion, or a guideline rather than a cold fact you are already aware of.

overall, I think it would be cool to have a choice between which announcer voice there was.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yes but would you really want a suggestive voice? "Well you could fight.... I guess, if you wanted to" Doesn't really work. Plus you're not completely right about that responding thing, why do yo uthink in the army the leaders are alwasy really harsh? Because the en have to respond immediately and know what they're doing. I prefer the anouncer as it is. It's not like they're maent to be guiding you through anything in this game anyway.

Woops didn't realise you meant that a female voice WOULDN'T suit this game, I get what you're saying, just need to read better.

SilverLight

Smash Apprentice
How about a half-naked girl holding up the scores...¬_¬

Stick with the current announcer, I like his style.

Or the Mortal Kombat guy.
"Flawless victory."

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
TT_TT All these ideas are lame. Current announcer ftw, they kept him from SSB64 to Melee,
but ALL the voice acting in Melee was of better quality. Specially Marth. His voice is awesome.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Exactly; I'd rather have some amusing in game comments then crowds all the time... but they'd have to come up with alot of random sayings, or it might get boring and annoying very, very quickly.

Top Bottom