• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
LUFFY D. MONKEY MOVESET
Special Skill: Busoshoku Haki
The Haki is the spiritual energy from One Piece, while all people have Haki only a few are able to use it. The Haki can be used in different ways with three in particular being the Haohshouku Haki (the ability to use your own will against others), Kenbunshuku Haki (an extrasensorial perception) and the Busoshoku Haki, a technique that creates an invisble armor to increase one's endurance and strength.

Using the Special button allows Luffy to enhance his arms and legs with Haki, Luffy can stall up to 3 levels of Haki that increase his strength and also gives him superarmor in certain attacks, when Luffy is damaged enough or he attacks too many times this armor dissappears requiring to wait for a cooldown to use the Haki again.

For the moveset I had some inspiration in Duo Lon's moveset in The King of Fighters XIII where some command normals are also treated has special moves.

MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
Gomu Gomu no Pistol​
6 or 4 + X​
Luffy stretches his arm very fast to punch the opponent, when you use backwards instead of forwards the move works has an anti-air with Luffy punching diagonal upwards.
Air Gomu Gomu no Pistol​
8, 9, 6, 3 or 2 + X (Midair)​
Like the ground version but with more options for attack.
Gomu Gomu no Rocket​
236 + X​
Luffy stretches his arms grabbing the floor and taking an impulse to go forwards at high speed like a slingshot.
Gomu Gomu no Balloon​
214 + X​
Luffy inflates his belly just like a ballon knocking the near opponents and deflecting certain projectiles.
Gomu Gomu no Axe​
623 + X​
Luffy jumps and attacks with his leg stretching it high into the air and the crash down into the ground.
Gomu Gomu no Gatling
Assist Button​
Luffy appears and attacks with a barrage of punches.
Gear 2nd
(Lvl. 1)​
214 + XX​
Luffy adopts a stance and his skin goes redish while vapor goes around him, in this state Luffy is faster and stronger for a limited aount of time, enhancing his specials into "Jet" variants this technique can be used along the Haki to maximize Luffy's damage. Luffy also gains a new special move that finishes the install called Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk that can be used pressing 236 + Special Button.
Gomu Gomu no Gigant Pistol
(Lvl. 2)​
236 + XX​
Luffy use the Gear 3 to increase his arm into a enormeous size, then he delivers a huge fullscreen blow that ignores defense.
Gomu Gomu no Kong Organ
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed​
Using the Boundman version of the Gear 4, Luffy compress both fists into his arms moving them horizontally in a rapid fashion, with the afterimages giving the impression of two extra pairs of arms being materialized, before releasing a flurry of continuous heavy punches finishing with a huge Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun
Drums of Liberation
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed
(Gear 2nd Active)
(Spoilers of the Manga) Luffy does a sweep kick, and if it connects, he leaps into the air. Silhouetted against a full moon that appears for the purposes of this super, he transforms into his Gear 5th state. Laughing uncontrollably, Luffy grabs the downed opponent and spins them over his head like a propeller (no matter how implausible that may be) before slamming them into the ground. Luffy leaps up into the clouds, which split apart to reveal that he's grown to the size of a giant. He stomps on the opponent in his giant state, causing the ground around them to shatter and ending the super.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE IT COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!
1672177537051.png
1672177583656.png

The winners of this round are Ryuko Matoi, Atsuko Kagari and Panty & Stocking!
1672177303696.png

Ryuko and Akko aren't a surprise for me but Panty and Stocking where something that I didn't expected, the votations where being close with Kamina and Luluco very close behind but they reached the victory in the end, maybe the news about the next season boosted their popularity! Anyway still good news to have them in.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOB #29 - NOMINATE A STAGE FROM STUDIO TRIGGER!
Now that we already have the characters it's time to go to the stages, any stage from any series is welcome.

By the way I aren't extremely sure but this could be the last job until January 1st since between the timelapse of today and 29th I will go to a rural place where I wouldn't be able to use Smashboards but expect that maybe I would be able to do 1 job more before that, I just wanted to notify it.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #29: Sucyworld (Little Witch Academia)
Anime Debut: "Sleeping Sucy/Akko's Adventures in Sucyworld" (February 26th, 2017)

Sucyworld is the dream world of Sucy herself, as seen in the Little Witch Academia episode "Sleeping Sucy" (Also known as "Akko's Adventures in Sucyworld"), in the episode, Akko goes into Sucyworld to wake up Sucy, meeting variations of her along the way. The stage will have cameos from the variants of Sucy that appeared in the episode watching the fight, such as Alpaca Sucy or Entertainer Sucy. you could also see the theater from the episode, as well as Dragon Sucy from the climax of same episode appear in the background.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
something came into my mind

if i had a nickel for every time i submit an edgy teenager,dressed in black and have power coming from another being who helps them to be fighters from fake fighting game,i get two nickels,which isn't much but it's weird that happened twice.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Anima City (BNA: Brand New Animal)
1672199314441.png

The stage takes place on a crosswalk in the city, covered in signs parodying real-life brands, just like in the background of the series and as seen in the OP:

Shirou Ogami, Marie Itami, Nina Flip, Gram Grandma, and various members of the Bears baseball team cameo in the background. If Michiru doesn't end up as a playable character, she can also be a cameo.

D

Deleted member

Honnojiacademy.jpg

Honnōji Academy (Kill La Kill)
Takes place on the school. Theres a middle section and then two higher parts. Characters from the show cameo

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My submission is Luna Nova Magical Academy, there it would be various students and teachers in the background like Akko's friends Lotte and Sucy, Diana, Amanda (most likel riding her broom), Miss Ursula between others. The moon with the star shaped sign would also be visible.
I'm also working on movesets for the newcomers (starting with Ryuko) alongside a pair of other characters.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, in the end I did have time for at least say that we will start to vote for the stages, thought there it wouldn't be jobs until the next year (probably between Jan 2nd-3rd).

VOTE FOR YOUR 2 FAVORITE STAGES!
SUCYWORLD
Nominated by
Owen23 Owen23
ANIMA CITY
Nominated by
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
DAI-GURREN
Nominated by
cashregister9 cashregister9
HONNOJI ACADEMY
Nominated by
@Darkonedagger
LUNA NOVA MAGICAL ACADEMY
Nominated by me

My own votes:
  1. Honnoji Academy
  2. Luna Nova

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright alright, sorry for keep you waiting, I hope all you people had a great New Year's Eve!, today is the day to restart jobs and this time is a very special character job but first would like to say that our new stages are Honnoji Academy and Luna Nova!

JOB #30 - SUBMIT A VILLAIN
A lot of franchise have villains, some of them are very iconic, even some of them could be the most popular characters in their series, so this is the time to have some of them here! Now there it is a thing, I was considering still not having the permission to submit reps from an already repped franchise since there it would be a specific job for that, buuuuut I know that some of the coolest and most famous villains in anime and manga are from the series that are already repped so I want to say that the next character job would be exclusively for double reps, both for villains and heroes alike so don't worry for it!

D

Deleted member

Slightly confused by the wording. Can we submit double ups or can't we? Sorry

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Slightly confused by the wording. Can we submit double ups or can't we? Sorry
I'm also sorry, I try to not use translator but I'm still quite a novice in the language, what I wanted to say is that the double ups wouldn't be allowed in this job since the next job would be focused on them, probably would be better just say it like that but I end messing it up, sorry again for the confusion.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #30: Sir Crocodile (One Piece)
Manga Debut: "Instinct" (March 6th, 2000)
Anime Debut: "Critical Counterattack! Usopp's Quick Wit and Kaenboshi!" (August 19th, 2001)

Being one of One Piece's most popular villain's, Crocodile is the former president of Baroque Works and the antagonist of the Arabasta arc. He was also one of the 7 Warlords of the Sea before he tried to take over Arabasta and got defeated by Luffy. He later returns in the Impel Down and Marineford arcs to join in the war that happens in both arcs, followed by him in the New World saga forming the Cross Guild with Dracule.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
"WRYYYYY!!!"

Job 30:Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Dio Brando is the main villain from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:Stardust Crusaders, he is adopted brother of the first JoJo: Jonathan Joestar and he becomes a vampire because the stone mask,after of 100 years, Dio returns but having Jonathan's body and a stand called The World.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Light & Ryuk (Death Note)

Iconic series that should probably be represented in some way, Moveset may be a challenge but between both characters there is probably a decent and unique way to do it.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #30: New Villain Rep - Tetsuo Shima

• Series: Akira
  • Original Publisher: Kodansha
  • First Appearance:
    • Manga - Chapter 1 (December 20th, 1982)
    • Anime - Akira (film; July 16th, 1988)
Tetsuo Shima is the deuteragonist-turned-main antagonist of the manga franchise Akira, which was created by Katsuhiro Otomo and published in 1982, and it's famous 1988 anime film adaptation. He is a mentally unstable delinquent, who used to be a member of The Capsules, a motorcycle biker gang consisting of fellow teenagers led by his former best friend, Shōtarō Kaneda (main character/protagonist and the originator of a bike slide trope), until a near-collision accident with Takashi made him end up being experimented by the Japanese military government in their attempt to replicate powerful abilities of a child-like psychic named Akira, escaping their laboratory and going into a destructive rampage while trying to find and awaken Akira himself, with Kaneda joining forces with a resistance/military group in attempt to stop him from doing so before it's too late. (does that sound familiar, fellow Pokemon/Final Fantasy fans?)

I'm letting my post from Cash's old anime thread to tell the influence/impact section of this write-up (admittedly took from Tetsuo's own, which I also submitted back then in a 1980's job; I'm about to go to my job soon, so I didn't have much time writing everything over again).

Both the manga and anime are so influential to the point that they have inspired multiple creations throughout years such as Fist of the North Star, Ghost in the Shell, Battle Angel Alita, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid & Snatcher, Half-Life, Cyberpunk 2077 (with Kaneda's bike), etc. and even Star Wars itself (prequel trilogy and Clone Wars). SNK even created a character named K9999 for The King of Fighters (there you go, Robotto!), who resembles Tetsuo and Nozomu Sasaki voicing him to the point Toho apparently sued them. The former even has a English imprint by Marvel Comics themselves back in 1988 to coincidence with the film's release. There's also a upcoming anime series, which works as a continuation to the original film written by Otomo himself and animated by Bandai Namco Filmworks (formerly named Sunrise, which was known for various creations/adaptations such as Gundam, City Hunter, Inuyasha, Sapce Runaway Ideon, Code Geass and Cowboy Bebop).
Considering that K9999/Krohnen McDougall, from SNK's flagship fighting game franchise The King of Fighters, was straight up inspired by him (to the point a former was replaced with Nameless before he returned to XV in a new latter identity), it probably would make sense to use his moveset as basis for Tetsuo's own, with some adjustments and additions explained below.

As shown in both the manga and anime film, Tetsuo is a quite powerful fighter with versatile uses of his psychic abilities, being able to utilize telekinesis to grab/throw objects and people, fly/levitate in the air, fire energy beam projectiles, teleport around, read people's minds (likely for a counter or debuff move), summon out lightning bolts & telekinetic barriers that reflect projectiles. He can also transform his deformed arm into a long tentacle to attack opponents at long ranges (perhaps we'll have his mutations as a Special Skilll?), shooting short-ranged bursts above him or air wave projectiles that travel across the ground, and for his Level 3 Super, maybe cause up a huge nuclear-like explosion by teaming up with Akira as described here, like in the anime film's finale.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zero.(CODE.GEASS).full.2421821.png

Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Calling him a villian might be a bit of a stretch really. He's the protagnist of his series. But he takes on villainous actions during the series annf is listed as a villian online. If it doesn't count I'll swap it out.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)

Esdeath is one of a well-known anime villain in the 2010s from Akame Ga Kill. She is a sadist, she is an expert in torture and loves to inflict it upon others all while being the most powerful warrior in the Empire. Her moveset could consist her using her creating ice from nothingness to attack. While also pulling stuff from her melee or sword comat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job #30: Sir Crocodile (One Piece)
Manga Debut: "Instinct" (March 6th, 2000)
Anime Debut: "Critical Counterattack! Usopp's Quick Wit and Kaenboshi!" (August 19th, 2001)

Being one of One Piece's most popular villain's, Crocodile is the former president of Baroque Works and the antagonist of the Arabasta arc. He was also one of the 7 Warlords of the Sea before he tried to take over Arabasta and got defeated by Luffy. He later returns in the Impel Down and Marineford arcs to join in the war that happens in both arcs, followed by him in the New World saga forming the Cross Guild with Dracule.
"WRYYYYY!!!"

Job 30:Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Dio Brando is the main villain from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:Stardust Crusaders, he is adopted brother of the first JoJo: Jonathan Joestar and he becomes a vampire because the stone mask,after of 100 years, Dio returns but having Jonathan's body and a stand called The World.
I think it has to be a villian from a series not in the game yet.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sorry the lateness, but I'm here again! I'm going to submit Ains Ooal Gown from Overlord, he is technically the plot villain even if he has his own antagonist but I think that it is inevitable add that type of characters in this job, at least he definitively has the look of a villain.
I will finish the job in a few hours unless someone else wants to participate.
I think it has to be a villian from a series not in the game yet.
Since there are only 2 submissions of this type and since the other guys didn't replied their intentions of change it I will allow it only this once, but would try to separate the second rep job in the case that any of them wins.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sorry again, but I forget my dentist appointment. But here are the options!
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!
  1. Tetsuo
  2. Lelouch
  3. Esdeath
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOB #31 - SUBMIT A SECOND STAGE FROM ANY FRANCHISE
Note that the job talks about a second stage, so it must be a new place from a franchise that already has one stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom