• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOSS!
Due the small amount of submissions it would be a top 2 instead.
  1. Freezer​
  2. DIO​
Both stages would be added!

While I wanted to have a more wide division between playable character jobs, considering that I will probably don't be around for the next day I want to give a big job.
JOB #20 - SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM THE 80's
This job is supposed to be similar to the previous one of 60s-70s but with only one decade since is from this point that there are a lot more of franchises where to catch. Remind that for the moment we are not allowing double dips since they would have their own jobs.

JOB #21 - SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM MECHA SERIES
It could be figurines or manga artworks any of the two work. You can post up to 4 of each.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  1. All Might
  2. DIO
Job #20: Ranma Saotome (Ramna 1/2)
Ranma Saotome.jpg

Ranma Saotome is a teenage boy who's been trained in martial arts since early chilhood. One day, on a training journey, Ranma and his father Genma accidentally fall into cursed springs that cause any who fall into them to assume the form of whatever drowned in them in ancient times when splashed with cold water. Genma turns into a panda, while Ranma...turns into a teenage girl. Luckily, Ranma can revert back to a boy when splashed with hot water, but nonetheless he wishes to rid himself of the curse while many an obstacle interferes with it.

I know I kinda made Lupin a stance fighter, but I was thinking Ranma, being a practitioner of the Musabetsu Kakutō Ryū (無差別格闘流) or "Anything-Goes" style, would be a more traditional stance fighter, with each of his forms assuming a different stance (M!Ranma would play like Marshall Law from Tekken while F!Ranma would play like Pai Chan from Virtua Fighter), while also being able to call upon his father Genma (in his panda form) for some moves. Since Ranma 1/2 is a comedy series, Ranma could also have some pretty amusing interactions with the rest of the cast (especially with Goku, since the OG Dragon Ball was based on Journey to the West).

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. DIO
2. Frieza

Job #20: Guts (Berserk)

E5D032D5-9CCC-4869-A311-4CB65F378E9B.png

Guts is the main protagonist of the late Kentaro Miura’s 1989 dark fantasy magnum opus, Berserk. A former mercenary for the Band of the Hawk who has lead a life of hardship and tragedy, Guts now travels from place to place seeking revenge and getting involved with the horrors of Berserk’s world. His primary weapon of choice is the Dragon Slayer, a massive slab of iron that some might say is too big to even be called a sword.

If we’re aiming to include some of manga’s most iconic and influential faces, we have to represent Berserk in here somewhere. The series has been going strong since it’s debut 33 years ago and has inspired many other dark fantasy works. And just speaking personally, Berserk has always been a strong favorite of mine. Despite its gritty exterior, Berserk is one of the most rich, mature, and heartful stories I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing in any medium. Guts himself is one of my favorite manga protagonists of all time, not just because he’s a Cool Guy With A Big Sword but because of his nuances and gradual development as a character. But while we’re on the subject of Guts’ Big Sword, I can see him being one of the slow-moving heavy-hitters of the roster, with a lot of big sword swings. The Dragon Slayer isn’t the only tool Guts has at his disposal, as he’s also got a cannon arm, crossbow, and bombs to work with.

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. Frieza
2. All Might

Job #20: Kenshiro (Fist of The North Star)
Anime Debut: "God or Devil!? The Mightiest Man Who Appears in Hell." (October 11th, 1984)

Kenshiro is the main character of Fist of The North Star, he is the 64th and most successful of the "Hokuto Shin Ken" style. He fights off bad guys by using this fight style, resulting in one of the bad guys part's exploding after he battles them. He also uses this style to heal people or change their behavior. With his "Hokuto Shin Ken" powers and martial arts skills, Kenshiro is ready to tell the opponents that they're already dead.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Frieza
2. Za Warudo vamipire

Job 20:Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)

images (2).jpeg

Seiya is the protagonist from Saint Seiya,he is the bronze knight that will fight against 12 gold knights based on horoscope

Seiya appears in some Shonen Jump crossover games as Jump Ultimate Stars,J-Stars Victory Vs. And Jump Force,so he can appears in more one Anime fighting game crossover

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
1. Frieza
2. Za Warudo vamipire

Job 20:San (Princess Mononoke)

View attachment 364890

While some are submiting characters originated by Manga,i will submit a character originated by a movie,so let's go

San is the main character from a 1997 movie from Studio Ghibli called Princess Mononoke,she is woman that was "adopted" by the wolf godness Moro when she was a baby.

Well,it's very rare a studio ghibli rep on crossover,studio ghibli movies are very popular but none of these movies have an official crossover,i wanted to put totoro because he's the mascot of the company,but i think San makes more sense
We’re doing characters from the 80’s.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
1.Frieza
2.Dio

Job #20: Tetsuo Shima (Akira)

The main antagonist of Akira, an manga that led to one of the most influential and anime films back in the 80s. Tetsuo himself could have a moveset that allows him to use his psychic powers

D

Deleted member

1. Freeza
2. Dio

Motoko_Kusanagi_SAC.jpg

The Major

While some may think of Ghost in the Shell more as a 90s series. The manga first debuted in 1989. A Cyberpunk series that defined the genre. The series stars Major Motoko Kusanagi, a cyborg will fights crimnals, including hackers who wish to control her. This series has a media empire.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Freeza
2. DIO

Ippo Makunouchi (Hajime No Ippo) [1989]

Ippo is the main character of Hajime No Ippo, a famous series by Joji Morikawa that is still going to this day.

Ippo is a high schooler who was inspired to become a boxer.

Figures
Amuro Ray (Gundam)
Ranka Lee (Macross)
Lelouch (Code Geass)
Guy (Gaogaigar)

(Do figures disconfirm characters?)

Manga

From the Gundam Wing Manga

From Pluto

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #20: Tsubasa Oozora (Captain Tsubasa)

1670769419943.png

Captain Tsubasa is a manga that ran from 1981-1988 and it is one of the best-selling manga series of all time. It focuses on the titular Tsubasa as he heads his soccer club and dreams of heading FIFA's Japanese team and going to the World Cup. From there, it's all sports anime shenanigans and wild special moves, which has translated into a ton of videogames, anime adaptations, and more. I think having a soccer-playing fighter could be a blast, especially with the potential for moves like this:

By the way, during my research I realized how huge the pool was for 1980s characters. If anyone's struggling for ideas or wants some to consider for the future, check out this small list I compiled while deciding who to submit:

Doctor Slump, Urusei Yatsura, The Wizard of Oz OVAs, Queen Millennia, Space Adventure Cobra, Magical Princess Minky Momo, Macross, Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Cat's Eye, Golgo 13 (specifically the first anime adaptation), Kinnikuman, Sherlock Hound, Voltron, Zeta Gundam, Vampire Hunter D, Laputa: Castle In The Sky, Maison Ikkoku, Saint Seiya, Violence Jack, Bubblegum Crisis, City Hunter, Kimagure Orange Road, Neo Tokyo, Robot Carnival, Wicked City, Appleseed, GunBuster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, My Neighbor Totoro, Patlabor, Sakigake!! Otokojuku, Jushin Liger, Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (manga), Dragon Ball, Dirty Pair (manga), You're Under Arrest!, Magic Kaito, Ah! My Goddess

And that's just a handful! I was really struggling, though cut out a few since we had just done a mecha round. I'd love to put forward VOTOMS or Patlabor in the future though.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm going to do my quick submission without too much context but votations would probably start later in the day.

NAUSICAA

One of the first films made by Miyazaki. Nausicaa is the princess of the people of the Valley of Wind, she has some knowledge in the use of weapons but her main tool is this winged device that she uses to fly.​

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!

My own votes are:
  1. Guts​
  2. Nausicaa​
  3. Tsubasa​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
First for all I would want to inform that since this day the jobs wouldn't be by day since I looked that it's better give more time between jobs, the amount of time would variate depending of the current jobs at the moment. Also until we reach the number of 25 characters there it would be 3 winners by job so expect three new characters this time and in other rounds!

Now for jobs:
JOB #21 (Cont.) - SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM MECHA ANIME!
Our collectables are chibi figurines and manga panels so you can add from any of the both a maximum of 4 nominations for each type of collectable.

JOB #22 - SUBMIT STAGES FROM A MOVIE!
It could be from any anime movie, thought it should be movie original so, for example, even if there is a Boku no Hero movie there it couldn't be any stage from that movie unless there it was one created specifically for the film. I know that it's quite obtuse but I wanted to bring some variety.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. TESTUOOO!
2. Guts
3. Ranma

Job #22: The Catbus (My Neighbor Totoro)
Anime Debut: My Neighbor Totoro (April 16th, 1988)

Representing one of Studio Ghibli's most popular movies, The Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro takes the fighters on a tour! The stage layout could have the fighters on the roof of the Catbus itself, while it dashes by through scenes through the movie, such as the tree-growing sequence or the iconic bus stop scene. Once it enters a new scene, The Catbus will stop for a while and a recreation of that scene will play out in the background, once the scene is finished, The Catbus will start running again until it stops in a new scene again, and so forth.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My stage submission would be Agartha from the film Children Who Chases Lost Voices, is one of my favorite movies and the backgrounds are beautiful like most works of Makoto Shinkai (the same guy who did Your Name), the stage would be kinda similar to the stage Japan of Guilty Gear Xrd now that I think.

Also if there are stage transitions, maybe we could descend to the crater and find Vimana!

The votations would also end soon!

D

Deleted member

Kamille Bidan (Zeta Gundam)
Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing)
Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kaworu Nagisa (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Zoro (One Peice)
Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
Dio Brando (Jojo)
Inspector Zenigata (Lupin)

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for the lateness but I had a surgery of my wisdom teeths and required some repose. but I'm finally here!

HERE IT COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!
1671124875077.png
1671124911743.png
1671125021036.png

Guts, Ranma and Kenshiro joins the battle!
1671124813915.png

Also, I noticed that I missed to tell who won the Boss round of the previous time, so...

HERE IT COMES A MIGHTY WARRIOR!
1671125552966.png

FRIEZA is the new boss!​
1671125596044.png
Now we have a votation for stages, go and vote HERE for your favorite stage, and there it would also be a votation about what it should be the direction of the thread, vote HERE!

JOB #22 - HOW SHOULD THE STORY MODE WORK?
While I was waiting for have more characters, considering that we already have listed the Story Mode in the game I want to ask about what ideas do you all have for it?

JOB #23 - SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM AN 80's SERIES!
Just like the previous mecha job, submit either figurines or panels from an 80 anime/manga!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #22: Story Mode

Countless worlds have been destroyed, only for them to be reborn into one new world, with everyone's memories of their original worlds replaced with those of the new reality. Only precious few, heroes and villains alike, were able to retain their true memories and now find themselves in a world ruled by a group who calls themselves the Paradox Pantheon. Now, the four heroes who retain their memories of the old world-Goku, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy and Naruto-fight different heroes and villains to stop the Paradox Pantheon and restore the worlds to their former selves.

Similar to J-Stars Victory Vs., the story would be split between the four characters.
  • Goku's story
  • Astro Boy's story
  • Sailor Moon's story
  • Naruto's story
Each character playable here would fight and recruit different characters and each story would end with a particular boss (for example, Goku's story would end with Frieza and Astro Boy's story would end with Pluto). Completing all four of these unlocks the Last Story, where you fight the four previous bosses and then the final boss.

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #23:
1. Kaneda (AKIRA)
2. Tsubasa (Captain Tsubasa)
3. Arale (Dr. Slump)
4. Sherlock Hound (Sherlock Hound)
5. Priscilla Asagari (Bubblegum Crisis)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
All the submitted content would be added! And while both polls are tied at the moment, at least in terms of stages I will add both The Bathhub and The Catbus! It would take a little longer to have a veredict about the other poll so if you didn't voted yet remind to do it!

The format of the Story Mode would be the one submitted by Perkilator Perkilator as well as the premise, we would have more jobs related to this mode when the roster expands. Today I have only one job.

JOB #23 - SUBMIT A COMPANY FOR THE NEXT CHARACTER JOB!
Very similar to the job about genres but this time focusing on the creators, it could be either an animation company (examples are Toei, Sunrise, Gainax, Trigger, Ghibli, etc) or a manga publisher (Shueisha, Kodansha, Shogakukan, etc).

D

Deleted member

Studio Bones
View attachment 365211
One of japanese anime studios that brought the animated adaptations of MHA, Fullmetal Alchemist, Mob Psycho 100, Soul Eater and etc.

It would be cool to include a character that was animated by studio bones (like Deku or Edward for typical example) in the anime fighting game roster.
Bones don't actually own most of those ips. Not sure if we're just doing this by ownership or not.

I'll submit soon

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My own submission is the Gangan Comics, this is an imprint owned by Square Enix (that if you didn't knew, they don't only do games), between the more knowed series of the imprint are Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Akame Ga Kill!, Durarara!!, Vanitas no Carte, Black Butler and more! I think they have some good variety apart of certain characters that I think not only me would like to see here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

triggeranime.png

Studio Trigger

A animation studio that has risen to prominence in the last few years. Kill La Kill, Gurran Laggan, Little Witch Academia, BNA. Their shows are extremely stylish and would make for some amazing fighting game characters. Heck, you could probably make a whole game from their cool characters

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sunrise/Bandai-Namco Filmworks

1671299398294.png

Creator of many mech series' (yes, we just had a mecha round, but), Cowboy Bebop, Tiger & Bunny, Love Live, and more, to say nothing of the tons of series they worked on and contributed to. Sunrise has a huge roster that isn't just Gundam, and it's something I've dug deep into to make my own Vs. Capcom roster. It's an awesome company with a killer lineup of great characters and series' to draw from.

Top Bottom