• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #23: TMS Entertainment

One of the oldest anime studios, and most notably for making anime (plus cartoons too) such as Lupin the 3rd, Case Closed, Hamtaro, Sherlock Hound, and more, TMS has a large library of characters from their works that'll be great to make way for fighters.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Job 23: MAPPA
Perhaps one of the most famous modern anime studios recently. MAPPA is known for all of their hard work on Attack on Titan (season 4), Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Dorohedoro, The God of High School, upcoming second season of Vinland Saga, and even a upcoming third season of One Punch Man. They have alot of anime to choose favorites from. There has been jokes on them on how much anime they have to produce and I think they deserve a rep for the effort alone into the content they create.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
LET'S START THE VOTATIONS!
Has always, vote for your 3 favorites!
1671466555613.png

Nominated by
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Nominated by Perkilator Perkilator
1671466641336.png

Nominated by me
1671466699407.png

Nominated by @Darkonedagger
1671466819841.png

Nominated by Flyboy Flyboy

Nominated by Owen23 Owen23
1671466943894.png

Nominated by
nirvanafan nirvanafan

Nominated by
Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
1671467246410.png

Nominated by cashregister9 cashregister9

1. Trigger (I love Trigger, I didn't submitted Trigger only because I was sure somebody else would do it)
  2. Gangan Comics (self vote)
  3. Sunrise (Definitvely interesed in what Sunrise could give, and hey, even if they don't only do mechs it would still be cool have more of them!)
I also considered a lot Dengeki, I loved Fighting Climax and there are some characters that I think would be very cool to see here. Ghibli and MAPPA where also in my mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOB #24 - NOMINATE A STAGE FROM AN UNREPPED FRANCHISE!
While we already have various stages from franchises that aren't in the game, I think a pair more wouldn't hurt. Any franchise that doesn't have a character already counts. Don't worry, you can still submit characters from those series in the future!

JOB #25 - SUBMIT MINIGAMES/BONUS STAGES!
I forget this job completely, we have bonus stages listed in the arcade mode yet we don't have any of them at the moment so let's change that! The minigame doesn't need to actually require to mantain the regular gameplay, it could even be a completely different genre! Thought of course it should be short enough to fit has bonus stages.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Trigger
Ghibli
MAPPA

Job 24: Royal Palace of East Gorteau (Hunter x Hunter)

The same location where the Hunters invaded to stop the Chimera Ants. This stage would mostly take outside of the buildings and fighting within the backyard of the palace.

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. Trigger
2. Bones
3. Sunrise

Job #24: Ouran Academy (Ouran High School Host Club)
Anime Debut: "Starting Today, You Are a Host!" (April 4th, 2006)

Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are rich to spend their time here, at none other than the Ouran Academy. But now the Ouran Academy is now a battleground for the fighters to fight on, just think it as a stage that represents the Shoujo genre of anime. As the match goes on, you can see cameos from the host club from Music Room #3 and other characters from the show like Renge and Ritsu cheering you on.

D

Deleted member

1. Ghibli
2. Trigger
3. Sunrise

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Haikyuu.jpg

Anime_SlamDunkEndingSong.jpg

Fighterz Ball
Like Tekken Ball from Tekken 3. Players must use their attacks to score points. The type of Ball game may vary, though the basic principle is the same and its simply an ascetic chnage. I was thinking this may be a good way to cameo some sports anime.

key_art_galaxy_express_999.jpg

Galaxy Express 999
From the classic anime of the same name. Takes place on top of a train floating through space.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm thinking in movesets for the Mazinger Z and Kenshiro but for the moment here it is my own version of:

JOTARO KUJO MOVESET
Special Skill: Star Platinum
The most popular concept in Jojo's (apart of the poses of course) are the Stands, a manifestation of one's life energy in the form of a spirit. In Jotaro's case his stand is Star Platinum, a Stand focused in the raw strength, being quick and precise. This makes Jotaro a dangerous pressure character who can sandwich'd his opponents with Star Platinum.

Using the Special button makes Jotaro deploy Star Platinum, he can manage him with commands (also requiring to use the Special button) and make him come back with the same action. All this works with the Stand Gauge, a separate meter that refills by their own when Star Platinum isn't in the battle but it particulary increase faster when Jotaro is in danger (so when he has less than 30% health), the gauge works has Platinum's own health and decrease when he gets hit (Jotaro also gets hurt when they attack Platinum even if the damage is decreased), if the gauge decrease completely Jotaro suffers of a "Stand Crash" being unable of call back Platinum until the meter is refilled, Star Platinum receives more damage when is hurt in Stand Off mode.

MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
ORA ORA!​
236 + X (Air OK)​
In Stand Off mode, Jotaro quickly summons Star Platinum and does a rapid series of punches (the duration depending of the button pressed) before dissapear again, the S version of the move automatically changes to Stand On mode at the end of the move. The duration can be extended mashing the button.

In Stand On mode, the move is actually the same just that the S version does the opposite effect, changes back to Stand Off.
ORA!!!!​
236 + X (During ORA ORA!)​
Jotaro finish the barrage of punches with an uppercut or a down swing punch depending if the move was performed in the ground or in the air respectively.
My Stand will be the judge!​
214 + X​
In Stand Off mode, Star Platinum is quickly summoned flying forwards to deliver a single blow.

In Stand On mode, this move changes to a command grab, Star Platinum flies and grabs the opponent by the neck and does a high-damaging punch at the face. Using the S button allows to use the opposite version of the mode changing it in the process.
Star Finger​
623 + X​
Star Platinum extends two of his fingers and stabs the opponent, the light version is your regular move while the medium version makes the opponent crumble and the strong version sends them away to the wall.

The move doesn't vary in Stand Off and Stand On apart of the fact that Star Platinum mantains in battle during the later.
Here it is your receipt!​
22 + X​
An anti-air version of ORA ORA! thought without the finishing move. Instead you can hold the button to make Star Platinum advance upwards.
Where'd all that time go?
Assist Button​
Jotaro appears on scene appearing right behind the opponent after stopping time attacking them with a tweaked version of ORA ORA!
Star Breaker
(Lvl. 1)​
236 + XX​
Star Platinum does an almightly punch which strength is particulary increased when the attack is a counter, so basically is like a Galactica Phantom.
Star Platinum: The World
(Lvl. 2)​
214 + XX​
Jotaro stops time, during this moment you can attack the opponent freely, all moves lose knockback during this moment but there it would be some "acumulated inertia" that would make the opponent fly away at the end; expert players could make a creative use of it to create unique combos since it also works has a force cancel since returns Jotaro back to neutral.

In a fight between 2 Jotaro's, any of them can use Star Platinum: The World to nullify the other's timestop (thought any assist that they call wouldn't be able to move and if they switch the partner would also be unable to move), this also works tagging Jotaro during the timestop since his assist move also makes use of this ability.
ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed​
Jotaro punches the opponent by himself yelling ORAAAA, if the hit success then he grabs the opponent and while exclaiming "You pissed me off" he calls Star Platinum while stopping time to do a huge combo of punches from different directions ending with a final megaton punch that crush the opponent to the floor.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm very sorry for the lateness but as you may know in these dates near christmas the family has various things to do that didn't let me have a moment to count but now that I have is time for declare the winner!

1671754612913.png

JOB #26 - SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM STUDIO TRIGGER!

And the winner is Trigger! Now before start with the rest of things I would like to talk about 3 franchises:
  • While my current knowledge of their status is quite unknown, I will say that both Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt are allowed to b submited even if they where created in Gainax.
  • Cyberpunk: Edgerunners for the moment atleast isn't allowed to be submited, I love the series as you may look with my pfp but for the moment the adaptations from videogames and other things that aren't manga or light novels are out. Same goes to their episode The Twins from Star Wars Visions.
Apart of that, you can submit a character from any of their other works even if they where coproductions! So that includes but not limits to Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, Brand New Animal, Darling in the FranXX, Promare, between others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE STAGE!
Vote for your 3 favorites, the top 2 would be added!
Royal Palace of East Gorteau
(Hunter x Hunter)
Nominated by Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Quindecim
(Death Parade)
Nominated by nirvanafan nirvanafan
Ouran Academy
(Ouran High School Host Club)
Nominated by Owen23 Owen23
Ishigami Village
(Dr. Stone)
Nominated by cashregister9 cashregister9
(Galaxy Express 999)
Nominated by @Darkonedagger
Neo-Tokyo
(AKIRA)
Nominated by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
STARRY
(Bocchi the Rock!)
Nomniated by me, sorry for not do a post earlier

Considering we only had two submissions for submodes, I will add both of them!

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 23: Submit a character from Studio Trigger

Kamina from Gurren Lagann

I'd like to submit this character because I believe he would bring so much personality and style to the roster. He is an inspiring and prominent figure in his series. He is able to wield both a gun and a sword, as well as pilot a sick ass mecha. He'd also have great interactions with Mazinger Z; he'd be really surpised seeing such a huge mech.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. 999
2. Neo-Tokyo
3. Royal Place of East Gorteau

Job 23:Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill)

Ryuko Matoi is the main protagonist from Kill La Kill, she is a 17-years-old girl that is transferred to honnoji academy to discover her father's killer and she is daughter of Isshin Matoi and a mother (i can't say her mother's name because is spoiler)

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. Neo-Tokyo
2. 999

Job #23: Atsuko Kagari (Little Witch Academia)
Anime Debut: "Little Witch Academia" (March 2nd, 2013)

Akko is a student of Luna Nova Academy who is an admirer of Shiny Chariot. She's a witch who is optimistic but determined and she's also friends with Sucy and Lotte. Akko's moveset might consist of magic type and witched theme attacks such as riding on her broom or transforming into an animal with her metamorphosis spell.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. 999
  2. Neo-Tokyo
  3. Ishigami Village
For a character my submission is Luluco!
1671764747520.png
1671764781338.png
She becomes a member of the Space Office after his father was "murdered", in her adventure she goes to multiple worlds (that are the other works of Studio Trigger at that moment), makes some friends, meets her mother again and goes to a quest to get the love of her unrequested crush. She gets this blue uniform of the Space Office that allows her to use the AWAKE JUDGMENT GUN MORPHING, FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!
Yes I know it looks silly but is also an incredible powerful attack. There is also a spoiler thing that I want to say that is one of the reasons why I would like to see her here. So if you didn't watched the show yet, do it; it's very short and is one of the best series of Trigger in my opinion.

Luluco is actually Trigger-chan, that it's more or less the mascot of the studios. So she is a great candidate to represent Trigger has a whole!

D

Deleted member

1. Neo-Tokyo
2. 999
3. Ouran Academy

Most of the big ones have been taken so I guess l do

Lio Fotia
From the hit anime film Promare. Lio is the antagonist turned second protagnist. His Pyrokinesis abilities could lead to a very fun moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
1. Neo-Tokyo
2. 999

Job #23: Atsuko Kagari (Little Witch Academia)
Anime Debut: "Little Witch Academia" (March 2nd, 2013)

Akko is a student of Luna Nova Academy who is an admirer of Shiny Chariot. She's a witch who is optimistic but determined and she's also friends with Sucy and Lotte. Akko's moveset might consist of magic type and witched theme attacks such as riding on her broom or transforming into an animal with her metamorphosis spell.
Her moveset should also have her fail to cast some spells properly.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
STARRY
Quindecim

Panty & Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)

The foul-mouthed duo from the series Panty & stocking. As a duo they would use their unique weapons Stripes and Backlace, These characters would be a unique addition to the roster and represents the wackiness of studio Trigger

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
KENSHIRO MOVESET
1671832496414.png
Special Skill: Seven Stars of the Hokuto
The name of the series comes from the constellation of Hokuto Shichi Sei, better know in this side of the world has the Big Dipper. The constellation has a meaning in Taoist Astrology and the name is used in the martial technique knew as Hokuto Shinken. Kenshiro describes that it is the incarnation of Indra, the God of War, during his fight against Devil Rebirth, who are renown as incarnation of Devil himself.

This mechanic is slightly based on the fighting game made by Arc System Works where there it was a mechanic with the same name thought this tme is retooled since instead of being an universal mechanic this time is exclusive of Kenshiro. Using the Special button allows Kenshiro to use different superheavy attacks that while are lenghtly and unsafe, if they hit they activate one of the Seven Stars, when Kenshiro connects 7 of these attacks all the Stars would bright with an additional "Death Star". This allows Kenshiro to use his super move Hokuto Hyakuretsuken that would always kill instantly his opponent. After the usage of this move the constellation would be blocked so you can only use it once (thought you can still use the moves if you want), while if the move fails are the stars would be lost and you will need to connect all attacks again.

MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
Hyakuretsu Dan​
Mash X​
A quick barrage of jabs, the strength of the button determinates the length of the move.
Touki​
236 + X​
A small and quick fireball attack, the light version only does a small ki burst in his hand while the heavy version can travel half the screen.
Hokuto Ujou Moushouha​
623 + X​
Kenshiro does an uppercut attack while he mantains grounded, you can mash the button to continue with a series of punches. If you hold the button in the heavy version it would work has a traditional Shoryuken.
Hokuto Hieiken​
214 + X​
A flying ki-enhanced kick, it has different angles depending of the button pressed.
Hokuto Shichishiki Heizan​
214 + x (Midair)​
Kenshiro does a diving punch with different angles depending of the button pressed like Hokuto Hieiken.
Tenha no Kamae​
22 + X​
Kenshiro moves his hands gathering ki, gives to his next special move the ability to unlock one of the Seven Stars of Hokuto, but if he is attacked during this state he will instead lose one of the stars.
Hokuto Ryugekiko​
63214 + X​
Kenshiro's counter grab where he can catch the opponent's attack and then react with a blow in one of their pressure points that makes the opponent crumble. The light version blocks low attacks, the medium version blocks mid attacks and the heavy version blocks high attacks.
Nunchaku
Assist Button​
Kenshiro appears in scene and use his nunchakus in an AoE attack before going back to offscreen.
Tenha Kassatsu
(Lvl. 1)​
236 + XX (Air OK)​
Kenshiro shoots a beam of ki energy. Nothing particulary unique.
Musou Tensei
(Lvl. 2)​
214 + XX​
Kenshiro archieves a state of Nothingness and enters into a Install mode. In this state he can use the homonym move pressing the Special button alongside another to become intangible avoiding all damage even being able to avoiding super moves. Apart of that he receives a boost in his regular damage.
Hokuto Zankaiken
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed​
Adopting a special position, Kenshiro counters the opponent attack starting a small cinematic where he leaps upwards and attacks the opponent from above using his fingers to touch the opponent's pressure points, after this a chronometer in the floor starts with a countdown of 4 seconds (actually it takes like 10), when the countdown reach to 0 the opponent explodes.
Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed
(All Stars Unlocked)​
When all of the Seven Stars of Hokuto are unlocked Kenshiro attacks with his iconic move saying ATATATATATATATATATATATA while he rips off his shirt. At the end the opponent stands apparently undamaged with a incredule face, thought the camera goes back to Kenshiro who exclaims "You are already dead" and then the screen fades to red while the silhoutte of the opponent explodes. This move is an Instant Kill no matter the amount of damage of the opponent. Kenshiro mantains without shirt for the rest of the match.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Merry Christmas everyone! Today the submissions end and so, it's time to vote!

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!
  1. Ryuko (Definitively a must in my opinion)
  2. Akko (LWA is my favorite Trigger series, and while I prefer Shiny Chariot of course Akko is the correct answer for a character of this series)
  3. Luluco (Self vote, I already explained why I think this is a great option for rep Trigger as a whole)
This was hard since Trigger is my favorite anime company and basically all the characters nominated are from series that I like, I was very close to put Kamina or Panty and Stocking for example).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The winner stages are 999 and Neo-Tokyo!
1672000983903.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOB #27 - SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM STUDIO TRIGGER!
You already know how this works, it could be figurines or manga panels (there are some manga adaptations of some series like Kill la Kill), thought for make things easier I will also allow anime screenshots! So any iconic moment that you think could work include it!

JOB #28 - CREATE A MOVESET!
The movesets are an open job but I think maybe after some time incentivate people reminding this wouldn't be bad, you can create a moveset for any of the characters added even if they already have one you can submit your own version!

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. Ryuko
2. Akko
3. Michiru

Job #27:

1. Inferno Cop
2. Mako Mankanshou (Kill La Kill)
3. Sucy (Little Witch Academia)
4. Lotte (Little Witch Academia)
5. Shirou Oogami (BNA)

Last edited: