• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animazement 2009 Raleigh N.C?

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
Any smashers here going to Animazement 2009 in Raleigh? I think we can set up T.Vs + Smash in the game room. I'll be trying to anyways...

EDIT

Animazement is an anime convention in Raleigh, North Carolina that also holds a Game Room with (from what I've heard) arcade cabinets and potential set-up spots for console gaming.

Quote from the site:

Wedoca will be back to help run the Animazement 2009 video game room! The casual-play game room will have multiple units of all the major consoles featuring popular domestic and import titles. 2D/3D fighters, music/rhythm, shooters(shmups) and puzzle games will comprise most of the line-up, with games being swapped out periodically based on requests. 'Retro gaming will be represented with Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, TurboGrafx-16... among others! The room will be twice the size of previous years, which allows Wedoca to support even more monitors, projection screens and arcade cabinets. As with past years, 10 player Saturn Bomberman will set-up on the projector all weekend long with some 6 player Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun tossed in for color. This year Wedoca will have even more rare, import arcade shooters from Cave, Raizing, Seibu Kaihatsu, Treasure and Capcom. All properly set-up on tate/vertical Japanese candy cabs. Your favorite 2D fighters from Capcom and SNK will be showcased on head-to-head style cabinets, no quarters needed!

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
Also the Game Room is open from 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM Fri-Sat, 10:00 AM to CONVENTION CLOSING TIME Sunday.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Wedoca will be back to help run the Animazement 2009 video game room! The casual-play game room will have multiple units of all the major consoles featuring popular domestic and import titles. 2D/3D fighters, music/rhythm, shooters(shmups) and puzzle games will comprise most of the line-up, with games being swapped out periodically based on requests. 'Retro gaming will be represented with Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, TurboGrafx-16... among others! The room will be twice the size of previous years, which allows Wedoca to support even more monitors, projection screens and arcade cabinets. As with past years, 10 player Saturn Bomberman will set-up on the projector all weekend long with some 6 player Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun tossed in for color. This year Wedoca will have even more rare, import arcade shooters from Cave, Raizing, Seibu Kaihatsu, Treasure and Capcom. All properly set-up on tate/vertical Japanese candy cabs. Your favorite 2D fighters from Capcom and SNK will be showcased on head-to-head style cabinets, no quarters needed!
As with past years, 10 player Saturn Bomberman will set-up on the projector all weekend long with some 6 player Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun tossed in for color.
Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun tossed in for color.
Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun tossed in for color.
Radiant Silvergun
O
M
G

Can I buy this from them, please?

vZakat

Half Genie
I'll actually be back in town, but I'm to cheap to go. You never know though. It is tempting. Maybe there will be some PDP players there.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm pretty sure I'll be around for this. I may be showing up occasionally to hang out with friends from the anime club here.

Vilt

Smash Lord
I'll be there. Smash at conventions always sucks due to noobs wanting to play with items and **** but I'm pretty sure a friend of mine is running the brawl tournament and hopefully it will be good ****. Either way I'm playing and ****** there.

Zero- **** him and go to the con. It's too good seeing hot *** girls running around, giggling, in skimpy anime outfits.

You might just see a sexy *** Asuka or Rei. :3

http://www.animazement.org/index.php?page=video-game-tournaments
games that they are doing.

I'm winning brawl, SF4, TvC, Ninja storm, Rock Band 2. XD

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im going I went last Year.

Im going to cosplay maybe.

;D

BEHR

Smash Hero
I'll be there. Smash at conventions always sucks due to noobs wanting to play with items and **** but I'm pretty sure a friend of mine is running the brawl tournament and hopefully it will be good ****. Either way I'm playing and ****** there.

Zero- **** him and go to the con. It's too good seeing hot *** girls running around, giggling, in skimpy anime outfits.

You might just see a sexy *** Asuka or Rei. :3

http://www.animazement.org/index.php?page=video-game-tournaments
games that they are doing.

I'm winning brawl, SF4, TvC, Ninja storm, Rock Band 2. XD
You aint winning **** son.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Turns out the birthday is on a different day, I can come to this.

I'm too unappealing for cosplay ;-; and I don't know what these are like, but it seems like a lot of fun.

Will Foxysis S my D there?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Oh, and I'll be taking Arcana Heart (Huuuuuuge boooooobs ftw), SF IV (16-year-old British girl in thong leotards ftw), and Smash (hot ninja girl/hot double princess action ftw).

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
What the hell would I know about that?

No, seriously. What?

I was talking about girls with LoZR (via telepathy) and he was like, "Yuh mang, I git those hawt chicksh sooo much, but joo know who really getsh 'dem ladies? "PLUR, mang, he got the moves that make PP shweat like an axcited 'omo."

"And don't forget 'dem Nairsh, aight mofakkuh."

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
LoZR: "He got duh ladiesh, but he still don't stand a chancshe againsht dem GEARSSH :mad: of MCPO's. He challengesh all'yall tuh it to see who da best at everything, but he gonna win anyway cuz no one got GEARSSS:mad: like dat MCPO.

Vilt

Smash Lord
No not worth the 25-35 dollar entree fee (that is to get into the convention center) for the saturday that the tourney is being held.

Moer than likely will have dumb rules and soooooo many people will be there that you will get no really chance of playing. Really not worth it.

Top Bottom