• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Congratulations, Firus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bee: :bee: :bee:

Wow, that's such a noob-esque post. Congrats, anyways!

I'd love to design you a Samus-Suit design, if you don't mind.
Thanks, MK. :D

Really? That'd be awesome, I really appreciate it!

To expand on the matter, it turns out that ordering from your Catalog does, in fact, give you points, and the 5x bonus also applies to it -- so after ordering something like 22 Mahjong Tables (the most expensive item in my catalog), I ended up with a total of 6,464 (I think, it's somewhere around there anyways) points at the Nookster's. And, well...the rest is obvious.

Also, another bonus that comes alongside this that I didn't really think much of earlier is that I now have a Silver Membership. Not a huge deal, but a 5% discount is nothing to sneeze at, plus I get a Nook 'N Go model to go with it.

In regards to the picture, I took it in the Museum because the camera works in your favor the most in the Museum. And my shirt is my own design that I made, which is a pixel-for-pixel replica of Samus's Varia suit Morph Ball sprite from Super Metroid. The oranges are probably off a little bit from the actual sprite (actually, probably off a lot), but the placement of the pixels is the same.

For my next point goal, I was originally going to go for the Varia Suit shirt, but I actually really want Majora's Mask and after looking at the Varia Suit up close in my point catalog, it doesn't really look all that great. Plus, if MK makes me a Samus suit then that'll be great and probably look better than the official one anyways.

But now that I've got my Samus Mask, I'm definitely relaxing with the points for now. I'm going to pay off my third debt first, for sure. After that I can't decide whether to continue with my debt, or work towards a bridge. My town is uber inconvenient, so it would really be worth it, plus that works towards the fountain, which will look awesome and give me access to the Silver and Golden Axes. On the other hand, I really want a Basement and I really want to see what it's like in this game -- can you decorate the wall and floor, how big is it, etc.

I also really want the upstairs because I need to figure out how big that is, too. I imagine it'll be as big as it's been in the past two games, but I can't be sure. Also, the guide pictures a Feng Shui diagram of it with it the size of the original downstairs room/the attic...I'm still not convinced, though, since it's a Prima Guide and has already proven to be inaccurate in more than one place. It even says you get a Box of Tissues for 10,000 bells but it's actually 100,000 (I got one myself from depositing the bells I was planning on spending for my Samus Mask).

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Must....catch...stringfish!

Also, brownie points for anyone who can find a webpage that actually tells what a stringfish is. I've looked and looked, and as far as I'm convinced, a stringfish is made up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Must....catch...stringfish!

Also, brownie points for anyone who can find a webpage that actually tells what a stringfish is. I've looked and looked, and as far as I'm convinced, a stringfish is made up.
...I'm inclined to agree with you. I know Wikipedia isn't necessarily the most reliable source, but I looked it up on there and it came up with no results other than a related result to Animal Crossing.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
...I'm inclined to agree with you. I know Wikipedia isn't necessarily the most reliable source, but I looked it up on there and it came up with no results other than a related result to Animal Crossing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hucho_perryi

Posted this on the AC group lol. Stringfish, I would assume, is the American name for what the Japanese would call a Hucho Perryi.

Google image search that, and the picture results do indeed look quite like that of the AC Stringfish.

Perhaps I'll start posting here lol. My posts seem better suited to an actual thread than a group.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
Question; If I were to transfer my character to Wii, would only my character and catalog get transferred, or would anything else like my village, villagers and/or house-mates be transferred as well?

I would assume not, but in the info video on the Nintendo Channel, it said you could transfer data, then said you could transfer you character and catalog, but these bits were separate, as if there is separate data also being transferred, but it did not specify.

I hope none of the above possibilities I speculated actually occur; I do want to keep my catalog, but I also was to start again, particularly in a new village with different villagers, and I only want to transfer one of the three characters I've made on the DS. Any help?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well then, you'll be pleased. When you transfer a character over from Wild World, you do not get ANYTHING except for your catalog and your character. I know you keep your face, I think you keep your hair, but I'm not sure about clothes. I doubt you'd keep any hats.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You keep your hair, as far as clothes, it will be the same as when you first came in Wild Wrold. Sucks that you can't keep your Bells, but that would be too easy to pay your loan, lol.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171636

lolz.

On Wednesday afternoon both MTV Multiplayer and Kotaku posted stories detailing how they had received copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS from Nintendo. Because these carts were meant to show off the character importing feature of Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii, the DS carts were already opened and had saved games featuring a ton of money and bonuses. Both Multiplayer and Kotaku discovered one unexpected twist, though: a strong racial slur repeated during conversations with in-game character Baabara.

We contacted Nintendo regarding these reports and received the following official response:

"Previously played copies of the 2005 DS game Animal Crossing: Wild World were sent to 14 members of the media to demonstrate the ability of players to transfer items to the new Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii. We regret that an offensive phrase was included without our knowledge via a wireless function that allows user-generated catchphrases to spread virally from one game to the next. This version is limited to 14 copies created for media review purposes only and is not available at retailers. We sincerely apologize for the incident and are working with media who received the game cards to return them to Nintendo immediately."

This is a surprising slip-up from the family-friendly company with what is perhaps their most family-friendly game, but at least they admitted to their mistake immediately. 1UP also received a copy of the DS cartridge and has been requested to return it, as stated in their response.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
looking to buy axe, 5-10,000 bells
I'll sell you one for 5,000 bells.

EDIT: Apparently, bees can still sting you even when you have a FULL HELMET on. And apparently, your villagers can still decipher bee stings even when you have the aforementioned FULL HELMET on.
I call shenanigans.

EDIT2: Now that SmashBoards is working again...

Yaya and I in my town.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yay! He posted it!

Firus is always great fun to visit.

We first visited my town to watch Slider.

We checked out my house, blah blah blah, then we visited his town.

We did some stuff, then we made a video bashing Maxfire, Mr. "Grammars are good", then we talked for a bit, then we played Axe Murderer and Victim for about 10 minutes.

EPIC WIN.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Aww, Firus, we didn't take any pictures ;_; We gotta visit again....
Yeah, we should. I didn't even think of it myself, Yaya thought of the idea.

We should definitely visit again -- just name the time.

A_man13

Smash Master
I got the game. My FC is 4038-9802-6537 if you want to visit or have me come over. I just started, so yeah.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Awesome, A_man. Just drop me a line if you ever want to hang out.

And some pictures from Yaya and Meta-Kirby's visit to my town.

The three of us

Epic axe fight between MK and me

A_man13

Smash Master
the 20k. I just started today. Heck I almost have enough for the next one in line...

And turns out I can't. I got A) an essay to work on and B) My batteries are dead.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJNnwLp_wQ omg Listen to this >.<

Wow, that metroid hat looks tight. I just bought this game for my younger brother for christmas =D Course, I'll be playing it as well.

Is this like Animal Crossing for the GC where you have to make a town in a certain month in order to have a town day?

A_man13

Smash Master
Guess this thread hasn't seen a tone of activity lately?

Anyways, anyone want to come over/ vice versa? Still dirt poor and need medicine.

M.K

Level 55
Guess this thread hasn't seen a tone of activity lately?

Anyways, anyone want to come over/ vice versa? Still dirt poor and need medicine.
You don't truly need the medicine. It only makes it heal quicker.
Just wait the day for the bee sting to disappear, it's alot better than shelling out 100(?) bells.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
The social group has died down a bit too, but that might be because everyone has Finals to deal with at the moment.

Link to social group in sig =D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just wondering, has anyone tried using Wiispeak using a guitar Hero/Rock Band Mic instead of the Wii Speak Mic?

Top Bottom