• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross for Brawl! Starfox needs a cool enemy

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I already explained the human point in the post right above yours. The human characters have different proportions and different careers/ fighting styles, etc. Wolf and Fox would have the same proportions (Wolf would just be a little bigger and a little heavier). And they have the same career (leader of an air force team) and the same weapons (such as in assault).

Luigi and Mario are still too similar in my eyes. Clones have different stats but their moves look similar. Many of Mario and Luigi moves look similar. That is why I want Luigi to come with his vaccuum, but that is a different argument.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The deal with Mario and Luigi, though, is that their B moves are practically the only similarities. Even then, the moves are different between the two brothers. Mario's Fireball bounces and follows the land; Luigi's just goes straight. Big difference when shooting off a platform. Uppercut? Luigi's either hits a sweet spot or does virtually nothing; Mario's works most of the time. Tornado? Luigi's is much more mobile than Mario's is. And then there's the stats, the A moves, etc.

Here's the joy of luigification: two characters with almost the exact same moveset and body build play completely differently. Even if Wolf gets the same moveset as Fox, they still won't play the same. And with the delay to late next year, Sakurai's got even more time to spend on coming up with original movesets. There's no worry to Wolf being a clone or playing the same as Fox/Falco.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
*walks in* AHEM. Mario and Luigi are the most differed clones in the entire game as far as moves go.

Different moves: Up tilt, dash attack, down tilt, f air, side B, neutral a (butt counts?)
Look-alike moves with different effects: d air, the other B moves, d smash,

Luigi + Vacuum = No ... It's like Mario with FLUDD. *sigh* Well... if in doubt, he should whip it out. Like B throw or something, because that move is authentic Mario 64.

Luigi has 99% chance of having a new, completly different, non-Mario related moveset in Brawl, except for maybe a couple B moves. I was impressed on how they were made so different yet they are almost the same person.
Then we have Fox and Wolf. If they make him in the game I am once again 99% sure that he will have a different moveset. Why? Well, would YOU like to be exactly like your own worst enemy? Do you want the hero and the villan to be almost the same? Where would the intensity go? Wolf has more potential to be original than be a clone.

Thank you for your time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The deal with Mario and Luigi, though, is that their B moves are practically the only similarities. Even then, the moves are different between the two brothers. Mario's Fireball bounces and follows the land; Luigi's just goes straight. Big difference when shooting off a platform. Uppercut? Luigi's either hits a sweet spot or does virtually nothing; Mario's works most of the time. Tornado? Luigi's is much more mobile than Mario's is. And then there's the stats, the A moves, etc.

Here's the joy of luigification: two characters with almost the exact same moveset and body build play completely differently. Even if Wolf gets the same moveset as Fox, they still won't play the same. And with the delay to late next year, Sakurai's got even more time to spend on coming up with original movesets. There's no worry to Wolf being a clone or playing the same as Fox/Falco.

Since Luigi starred in his own game since then he should utilize some moves with the vaccumm. At the very least it could be the explanation for how Luigi flys head first forward when doing the green missle. Plus wearing a vaccumm fits him. He is the more offbeat and even flamboyant brother. He was a clone in the first game, a "Luigified" character in Melee (semi-clone), and now he should develop his own moveset to complete the trilogy and become his own man.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I have tought of Vacumm luigi, I just can c him jumping with that thing lol, nah i prefer the luigi that has been since smash64, and semiclone of mario, sure some things could help (voice primary for me, that voice just isnt luigi lol) but thats it, same old smash luigi, with new voice XD...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Post in the Luigi thread and I might even try to defend why Luigi with a vacuum would be awesome and how it would not be like Fludd Mario.

If you guys saw Andross geared up with scientific gadgets in the next trailer what would be your first reaction?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well 1st we see andross with body:

Then everyone will go... Andross?... then:
-Hey wasnt andross a big head with 2 hands...
-Yeah that monkey from SF...
-THAT easy monkey is in brawl?!
-He has a body?
-lol hes FAT!
-hahahha! man boobies!!...
-purple cape?... *CoughGAY!Cough*
-what was sakurai thinking?
-Lol he totally run out of ideas...
-No ****
-how disapointing...
-Lol hey wait here comes the next newcomer!

Newcomer: Bill nye the science guy!
-... well at least hes better than andross
-[EVERYONE] **** YEAH![/EVERYONE]

that would be pretty much it... andross= BAD IDEA...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I bet you would scream with glee and clap your hands together. Then your mom will come in and say "Lawrence, are you hiding little girls in your room?

Stryks

Smash Hero
If you guys saw Andross geared up with scientific gadgets in the next trailer what would be your first reaction?
Hey u ask, I was honest, I told my friends and cousins about the andross for brawl thread, and they all laugh at the idea, so u have an idea of how dum the idea of seing andross in brawl XD...

P.S. Im no lawrence...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
What puzzles me still is that Luigi is only slightly altered going from 64 to Melee. Either they didn't have time to change or everyone saw all the similar clones and said alright lets wing it. I'd like to see what moves Luigi can pull off without following any of Mario's guidelines.

And that pic of Anross has scarred me.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He is so similar to Mario in all the games it is only natural that they are similar in Melee. Andross is a bad idea though and that's the bottom line.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
How does a thread go from Andross/Wolf to Vacum Lugi lol? Who cares..I mean Andross will not be in the game and I would rather see Toadette with Toad in the game then Andross. Now the whole Lugi thingy please stop isn't happening! This is worse then when I said Umbreon should be in Brawl. (Which he shoud!!)

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
Look, Andross is only good for a boss battle, just like when they did that Metal Mario specific battle in the Classic-Mode of the first Super Smash. But he can't be smashed, to honor his strengths.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
How can that possibly be an arguement for Andross when everyone said they would hate it if he was in the game?
It is not an argument. It is a question. Duh. So what would be the first thing in your mind if an Andross with a body challeneged you to a duel in the next game?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well 1st we see andross with body:

Then everyone will go... Andross?... then:
-Hey wasnt andross a big head with 2 hands...
-Yeah that monkey from SF...
-THAT easy monkey is in brawl?!
-He has a body?
-lol hes FAT!
-hahahha! man boobies!!...
-purple cape?... *CoughGAY!Cough*
-what was sakurai thinking?
-Lol he totally run out of ideas...
-No ****
-how disapointing...
-Lol hey wait here comes the next newcomer!

Newcomer: Bill nye the science guy!
-... well at least hes better than andross
-[EVERYONE] **** YEAH![/EVERYONE]

that would be pretty much it... andross= BAD IDEA...
Do u really have to post that question again?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I've given this ALOT of thought. Could Andross work? Yes, he could. Is he extremely high on the list of choices? No, I think it would be a safe bet that he isn't pn the top of the list. Is he a valid choice? Bowserlick shows he can be. He can make it, altough I wouldn't want him in before other charcters (especially from Starfox). Bowserlick, you'vw convinved me that he should at LEAST be considered a valid choice. http://www.ssbbrawl.com/ssbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2622#2622 (Scroll down to Starfox section)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont like the idea much, sure he can have the body, but I fel it can broke the character, I men everyone knows him for being a big head with 2 hands, givin him a body is like gettin rid of marios hat, u would ruin for what hes famous for, i dont nothin about him being a boss, what the hell LET him be a boss, just not a character i just feel it would ruin andross for what hes famous for...

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
well if you have andross on your side that means you are an enemy of the Cornerian Army
This is the Cornerian Army! You are under arrest! Come out with your hands up or we will have to blow you to tiny little pieces!
and if andross is on your side then Star Fox is against you

Top Bottom