• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross for Brawl! Starfox needs a cool enemy

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I also like the guy's name. Andross. Sounds like a crazy scientist.

I think the creator of Starfox was drunk and walking in the woods when he came up with the other names. "O no, thats a "Wolf". I better run! O my stars! I seemed to have tripped and fallen on some sharp but rare "Krystal." O no. Is this my blood coming out of my ribs? It sure is wet and "Slippy."

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
100 Links, you know your real name is no good compared to the moniker of Andross. Don't take this jealousy out in the form of terrible internet graphics. Thank you.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I really, REALLY wish people would stop hating Bowserlick or calling him an idiot for supporting Andross. All it does is troll and spark flame wars, not to mention make you look really stupid and immature.

Please stop hating the man for having an opinion. Thank you.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol hey i have nothin against his opinion, but MY opinion is thats its one of the worst suggestions so far, I mean ill be honest I hate andross, but thats not the point, the point is everyone know him as a monkey with a big head and hands and no body, givin him a body will ruin him as we all know him, if we give him a body, why dont we take marios hat and overalls and just give him some pants and a hat visor, we will ruin him for what hes famouse for, and that would happen equally with andross...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He has a body in Command. He is also known as a good scientist who went insane. He is also known as a scientist. Plus his special item move could be transforming into the giant head and hands and clapping away at his enemies. That way you get the full circle. Scientist Andross with a body and without. Or he could have a boss form (similar to how Bowser has a GigaBowser form) that occurs in Adventure Mode.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
If each character gets their own Adventure mode final stage (something I'm adamant for), then I fully support Andross as a Mast Hand/Crazy Hand battle for Fox, Falco, and Krystal and/or Wolf. As a character...he would be unique, I'll give you that. However, so would Master Chief. And Sephiroth.

Does he have potential? Yes, he does. I personally think Wolf has a little more potential, though.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol before bowserlick activates his "somebody said andross would not work in brawl" senses, Ill explain, Andross before transformin into the big head with 2 hands we all know him for, was a scientist, and had a body, how he lost the body is anyone guess, anyway he says that andross should be in brawl with the scientist body, he pretty much looks like this:

Disturbing I know...

Well anyway he says that andross should be in brawl, and his super would be him transformin into his most know form, and would slap all the characters silly, I have mention it before and I will again, EVERYONE know andross because of his giant head and 2 hands form, not because he was a scientist, ok yes he was a scientist, link was yong before grabin the master sword and we all know how well THAT turned out in smash, the same with pikachu at one point it was pichu *CoughBOTTOMTIERCough*, givin the body andross one had would ruin him IN A WAY, cause it would ruin of why he is famous for, a big head and 2 hands, its like we take away links, marios and luigis hat, pikachus electricity, dks tie, well u get the idea... I say for a boss its ok, but givin him a body, just no...

Boricua_Bob

Smash Cadet
OMG! This thread is still going? I think that there should be a final decision on this whole Andross-thing. Maybe take a Yes-No poll on this.

VOTE NO TO SENATOR ANDROSS!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Voting doesn't prove anything. It is not a popular idea, but that doesn't make it a bad idea. People are afraid of change.

That is why many people want all the characters (even the clones)to return. That is why some people don't want top tier characters to be nerfed. They want to take the same exact gameplay to the next sequel. The problem with this? Once people get what they want (more of the same) they get bored. Think about it. People have been playing this game for years. If another game comes out just with minor changes (even many similar characters) it will have a short life. Many fighting games stick to their formula and only add characters and as a result they bomb in sells.

If the people on this forum (assuming they all liked traditional fighting games) were in charge with making the first Smash Brothers I bet they would scoff at many of the intriguing concepts and designs. The whole percentage build up and pitfall idea might not even make it in. People would scream that Captain Falcon never fought and would not be recognized not driving his car and that Captain Falcon without his car would be like Mario without his hat. (By the way this comment was aimed at Stryks).

Do people want Andross as a character? Doesn't seem so based on this forum and from what people tell me, other forums as well. Does that mean they will hate the idea when they play the game? No it doesn't automatically mean that. A scientist, insane ape that was banned from an enitre planet has alot of creative juice and moveset potential built into it. As long as he would be fun to play Andross would be liked, regardless if the person thought it would be a bad idea before the game came out.

And if Andross was top tier? Many people would suddenly love him and state,"No I don't use him because he is the best, I always loved Andross. He was always my favorite Nintendo character, I swear it."

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Lol before bowserlick activates his "somebody said andross would not work in brawl" senses, Ill explain, Andross before transformin into the big head with 2 hands we all know him for, was a scientist, and had a body, how he lost the body is anyone guess, anyway he says that andross should be in brawl with the scientist body, he pretty much looks like this:

Disturbing I know...
ZOMG! BEST PIC OF ANDROSS EVAR! :rotfl:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A thing I didnt understand... why the man boobies?...
Well I assumed Andross was a fat moneky when he had a body. Scientists don't work out much. Therefore, he would rely on his gadgets to fight, like propelling rocket gloves. Of course the flabby flapping man boobs and beer gut would give him some extra weight.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Yea they do. Are you kidding? With all that grant money I am sure they feed on lobster and steak. Many of the scientists you see have guts and many have woman sized breasts. Andross, being an ape, would already have a decent pair of breasts. But since he is a well funded scientist he would engorge himself on meals. I would say he should be Mario's weight if not slight heavier.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I say if Andross did have a body though, he shouldn't be a scrawny scientist. He should have a nice plump belly and sagging man breasts. That is how he is represented by the StarFox universe anyways when he had a body. Plus there are not enough fat or horrendously ugly characters in Smash.

100links

Smash Ace
I say if Andross did have a body though, he shouldn't be a scrawny scientist. He should have a nice plump belly and sagging man breasts. That is how he is represented by the StarFox universe anyways when he had a body. Plus there are not enough fat or horrendously ugly characters in Smash.
*cough*
bowser
*cough* :)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
That mental image really isn't helping your cause here, pal. >_< *shudder*

Bowserlick, I have to commend you for holding onto this for so long. I'm impressed that you've not only kept this thread going for so long, but also managed to stay a level above the flame wars others have obviously tried to start.

However, all you've managed to do in this entire thread is prove that it's techinically possible to include Andross in Brawl. The same can be said about absolutely any character from any game. Link's Uncle can techinically work in Brawl. Useless Dave from Tony Hawk's American Wasteland can technically work in Brawl. Heck, even Superman or Naruto could technically work in Brawl. Just because it is possible to include a character doesn't mean that character actually deserves it. Andross does not deserve to be a playable character in Brawl. There are many other characters from the Starfox universe alone that deserve it more than Andross, not only due to character popularity, but because they already have fully formed, well recognizable character models, and in some cases pre-existing moves for movesets. These character would be much easier to program into the game, and would more than likely be much more well received than Andross.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That mental image really isn't helping your cause here, pal. >_< *shudder*

Bowserlick, I have to commend you for holding onto this for so long. I'm impressed that you've not only kept this thread going for so long, but also managed to stay a level above the flame wars others have obviously tried to start.

However, all you've managed to do in this entire thread is prove that it's techinically possible to include Andross in Brawl. The same can be said about absolutely any character from any game. Link's Uncle can techinically work in Brawl. Useless Dave from Tony Hawk's American Wasteland can technically work in Brawl. Heck, even Superman or Naruto could technically work in Brawl. Just because it is possible to include a character doesn't mean that character actually deserves it. Andross does not deserve to be a playable character in Brawl. There are many other characters from the Starfox universe alone that deserve it more than Andross, not only due to character popularity, but because they already have fully formed, well recognizable character models, and in some cases pre-existing moves for movesets. These character would be much easier to program into the game, and would more than likely be much more well received than Andross.
I see your point. But Link's Uncle is not an iconic character. Andross is THE Starfox villain. Most of the storyline concerning the Starfox universe is effected somehow by an insane monkey raised by robotic pigs as a child. What would Fox and Wolf have doneif there was no Andross? Fox has a vendetta against the monkey due to the incident with his father. Wolf was a hired assassin by Andross. Even Krystal was a mere pawn for resurrecting the giant monkey. Fox and Krystal might not of even met if it wasn't for Andross. How could such a prominent figure in Starfox history be left out.

Captain Falcon didn't have a very recognizable character model when he got in Smash. He was always in his car. Plus Fox (who is in the same series as Andross) didn't have a pre-existing moveset. And now he has (I would say) one of the coolest movesets. Andross could too.

Plus lets examine another aspect of the game. Sakurai likes adding bizarre characters. He likes gimmicks. The whole Zelda to Sheik transofrmation, the dual fighting Ice Climbers, and now 3rd party characters. He likes entertaining the fans, but not in ways they expect. You see, most people don't know what they like. Right now some Wolf fans want Wolf in the game so badly, that they wouldn't mind if he was a Fox clone just like Falco. Sakurai is not an idiot. He knows that clones or even similar characters will make the game stale and hurt sales. The game simply won't have lasting potential if it doesn't have enough differences from its predecessor. Redesigning a villain (especially one with thruster enabled metal gloves or at the very least some other cool gadget) would be such a suprise and so interesting. If Andross really is unpopular as you say he is, then redesigning him as more potential to help his character then hurting it. Plus it is not a strech. Andross did have a body.

Look at Wario. Sakurai could of thrown in the Wario everyone knows but instead he is putting Wario from Warioware in. Why? So he is further distanced from Mario. Thats why I think Sakurai may supirse fans and even me, by including Andross somehow in the game. My only worry is that so far Sakurai has been conservative when it comes to adding in villains.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon didn't have a very recognizable character model when he got in Smash. He was always in his car. Plus Fox (who is in the same series as Andross) didn't have a pre-existing moveset. And now he has (I would say) one of the coolest movesets. Andross could too.
Yes, I get that. The thing is, and I think you'll agree with me on this, I would rather see them put in a character that has those things, and save time in order to finnesse the game further and make it better overall than to spend a lot of time focusing on making one character workable.

He likes entertaining the fans, but not in ways they expect. .
That may be true, but I have a feeling that, were Andross included, the reaction would not be very positive. In my mind, no matter what scenario I come up with, it always seems like this is how it would turn out:

Hardcore Star Fox Fans: (initial impression)"Who the heck is that?" (After learning it's Andross)"Why would they mess with Andross? He was cooler the way I knew him."

Casual Smash Fans: (initial impression)"Who the heck is that?" (After learning it's Andross)"You mean that head thing? Why is he there? They didn't have anyone better?"

Hardcore Smash fans: (initial impression)"Who the heck is that?" (After learning it's Andross)"What the? [insert fave character here] Didn't get in but he did?!"

The way I see it, Andross being in Brawl would probably be met with a mixture of confusion, outrage, and dissapointment. And judging by some of the more *ahem* impolite posts in this thread, I may not be too far off.

Stryks

Smash Hero
*CoughWARIOCough*

Like the guy before me mention, NO one expects andross in brawl and no one WANTS him in brawl just, yes hes the main villain, yes he had a body, yes hes responsible for a lot of stuff, but WE DONT FREAKIN CARE!! We want freakin wolf and krystal in brawl, not some fat, ugly monkey with a purple cape, we want the badass wolf and the kick *** krystal for brawl, no freakin monkeys (excpt diddy, come and join in), do we want another slow, dum freakin character or do we want krystal and wolf in? KRYSTAL AND WOLF FTW!, no freakin andross, we ALL freakin now him for being the big head in SF, givin him a body will, like I said it MANY times before, will ruin him, its like we took marios hat, links master sword, dks tie, pikachus electricity, ganondorfs evil, mewtwo psychic power, and so on and so on... we dont care how he WAS, but how he is NOW, and hes just a dumb freakin monkey that u have to hit his hands, and when u hit him in the eyes he cries, we dont want that, I was the 1st post in this thread, and after hundreds more my answer is the same: ANDROSS SUCKS AND WONT BE IN BRAWL

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Maybe because he's a bad character?
All a matter of opinion... I'm none too fond of neither Falco or Ganon, but I go araound don't *****ing about it either... I also realise that both are important to their respective series and that both have a considerable fanbase - so arguing for their removal simply because I don't like them is justa tad bit silly, don't you think? So again, to each his own...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Because Roy was put in for advertisement? Sounds like a pretty good reason to dislike him to me.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Clones do NOT hurt sales, it means that they have more of people's favourite characters if anything they INCREASE sales.
Wrong. You should do your research before you decide to just make up facts. Video games that do nto add anything but cloned characters and similar characters fail. So why was Melee a sucess? Because first of all it contained characters that already had a fanbase over five years (ten or more in most cases). And it had new features such as stand still dash and air dash and charged smash and throw abilities as well as new character gimmicks. You see many people would of said no to the changes made in the sequel if it was suggested before hand. Because people don't like change. They want more of the same. At least they think they do. But more of the same leaves to failure. People do like changes as long as their not very drastic. If Smash become a regular fighting game it would fail.

Sakurai wants interesting characters. And frankly a movset for Andross would take far less time then a wolf moveset. Why? Because it is hard to make a character based off another character (Wolf off of Fox) unique by avoiding similar moves. Many people have tried to make cool Wolf movesets and failed. I am sure anyone here could easily make a moveset based of a scientist futristic monkey. Why? Because you can give him almost anything as long as it fits his role as an insane scientist villain.

And stryks I already countered your point many times. Starfox before Smash 64 was only known for flying in an Arwing. And Captain Falcon was only known as driving his car. You could not play them otherwise. So your point has been crushed.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Through your whole big long post I saw nothing proving that cloned characters make sales bad, you were just blabbing on and on about how Andross is more Unique than Wolf. A lot of people like this game because they get to play as their favourite character, Falco fans don't care he's a clone they're just glad he's in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Through your whole big long post I saw nothing proving that cloned characters make sales bad, you were just blabbing on and on about how Andross is more Unique than Wolf. A lot of people like this game because they get to play as their favourite character, Falco fans don't care he's a clone they're just glad he's in.
Exactly, yes clones pissed many off includin myself, but now that brawl wont have clones (sakurai said so) we dont need to worry about wolf bein clone, or dark samus or anyone for that matter, we want wolf, not andross, andross is more unique, unique u say? he looks like some guy from planet of the apes, wolf has the bad *** look, and the fan base, more than half of the people in here want wolf, and how many want andross? I can count them with a single hand...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I have a hunch that Andross will be revealed in the new video released on November 3. We will have to wait and see.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't care what anyone else thinks, Andross would be an awsome, and unique character! he is WAY more recognisable then Wolf. I knew who Andross was, yet I have only played StarFox assult (which dosn't even have Andross in it) and adventure (which does have Andross, but not Wolf) Wolf, I only found out even existed, in StarFox assult. and even then he was just a cheap rip off of Fox. there for, I wouldn't want Wolf in, because he's boring.

although the chances of Andross geting in are practicaly nothing compaired to Wolf. he would still be a way more interesting character, with moves that require a lot of stratagy, and focus on confusing your opponent. which would bring new aspects to the SSB francise.

I seriously don't know why people would think Andross would be a bad character.... Look at Ice climbers... they were pretty random if you ask me. and Pit? I didn't even know Kid Icarus was a game until I saw Pit's trophy in melee. so don't act like Andross would be a strange character addition. because there are stranger *coughSnakecough*

and by the way... seeing as ALL of you, are saying Bowserlick is the "only person who thinks Andross is a good idea" .... this post proves that wrong...

Top Bottom