• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Also, that build has a lot of outdated plugins, like sound, n-rage, jabo's video, etc.

Interestingly enough, it has the latest version of Glide...

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
The PJ64k I downloaded from this FAQ gives me an application error when I try top open it.
It says: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

I downloaded the standard version since I'm using Windows XP.

RoyalSyrup

Smash Cadet
Mupen64k is way better then project64k dude its a lot more stable then pj64k its a lot faster too also i got more lag with pj64k you can also record with Mupen64k then convent it to avi file.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
pj64k is far more lightweight imo, just because you get more lag doesn't make it hold true for everyone

and recording is a non-issue with the new client

people should try everything and settle on what they find easiest to use

The Star King

Smash Hero
pj64k is far more lightweight imo, just because you get more lag doesn't make it hold true for everyone

people should try everything and settle on what they find easiest to use
Mupen can capture with good quality even on ****ty computers. Used it for the few training mode vids I uploaded.

joY

Pot splitter
When I tick the option to record online play either from P2P or a server (From Owna's client), the files never show up under Playback... ever.

I've tried ticking it before the client starts, before the actual game starts, and before the actual match starts. I've tried redownloading the client but nothing.

Any advice?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i want to say it's ironic that you're only 30~ hours late, but im not sure that's irony to be quite honest

woah this thread has 36 likes on facebook?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Rapidshare link doesn't work for the emu download. And is it possible to upload non-glide emulators? Glide doesn't work on a lot of computer, so I think a classical Jabo would be good too.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's just that all the emulators downloadable use Glide as the default graphic plugin and it doesn't work on some computers (a lot I've tried on actually). So I suggest uploading an emulator with a Jabo default graphic plugin. The problem is I'm not sure which one is most supported (between 3D6, 3D7, etc). This could save a lot of people the renaming phase (which I never remember by the way). Also since the second download link (the rapidshare one) is dead, it could be nice to replace it.

Thanks a lot.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
This is the be-all end-all build I created a while back:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ap45ia52cz3yrq

I scoured the far reaches of the internet and compiled absolutely EVERYTHING relating to N64 emulation. It has every plugin known to man.

Online play has been configured to work out of the box: included you'll find the latest kaillera client, a ton of popular servers, as well as plugins renamed for the most up to date play. The latest Jabo graphics should be set as the default, with the latest NRage (although I haven't checked in a while...), and sound. This should work with zero configuration on your part (aside from maybe setting up your controller, etc.).

I encourage you all to take a look at it and let me know if there are any issues, anything you'd like me to add, change, etc.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hmm it says there's a trojan in the plugin folder. Something like "Generic.dx!bc3v". I'm not saying there is one, but the school's computer won't let me unzip it :(.

The problem is apparently "Billard_XInput.dll". Is that anything important?

edit: I deleted it and now it works great, thanks.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
It's not a trojan...

I'm pretty sure that's an old Xbox 360 controller input plugin. Most input plugins use DirectInput (Jabo, etc.) but this beta plugin was created years ago with XInput, meaning it'll emulate with an Xbox controller without problems (triggers and rumble). Hell, I've used the plugin and it does just that.

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/43373-XInput-Plugin-(Xbox-360-Rumble-Both-Triggers)

I scanned the file both with MSE and Malware Bytes, and got nothing, so I'm not sure what your computer saw. However, I can remove it, and reupload if people are having problems.

It's kinda obsolete, now that the latest NRage has an option for XInput, but I thought I'd leave it in there any way as a last last last last last resort (hell, there are even some plugins that are even further down on the resort list ;))

But everything was configured correctly?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I know it's not a trojan, but the school's computers are being a little paranoid.

When I first launched it, it said that current plugins couldn't be used, but I had no problem choosing them. Again that might be those computers being weird.

:phone:

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
When I first launched it, it said that current plugins couldn't be used, but I had no problem choosing them. Again that might be those computers being weird.
I've had that plugins error happen on practically every PJ64 build I've downloaded. I think it's just an issue with that particular version (1.4), and it's seemingly random if/when it decides to work.

Regardless, you could pick any graphics or video plugin you damn well please, but when you launch Kaillera, Jabo 1.6 3D8 and Azimer's old driver 0.30 are automatically loaded and used, no matter what. You have freedom with your input plugin, though.

I suppose I could rename the sound driver to have it launch with the newest version... but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nobody ever complains about sound, anyway.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's all good as it is now.

Good thing there is a download link to that version in the index. And even better that it is in the first position.

Thanks again.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Sparkles! :)

And you're quite welcome!

Looking at my emu folder, I also have similar plugin builds of

Mupen64K
Mupen64++ Beta 0.1.3.12
Project64k
Project64k 0.31 (smasherx's version that allows you to choose your graphics plugin without renaming and supposedly gets rid of that plugin error on first start)
aaaaaand PJ64 1.7 (don't think I'll be uploading this, though :troll:)

I'll be gone for the weekend, but I'll at least upload the regular PJ64k and Mupen64 (both? since the beta supports netplay) when I get back.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

Sangoku

Smash Master
I thought the KVE in Semp's version didn't mean anything since I tried it on XP and it worked fine.

Also, yeah we all have pj1.7 with AQZ input plugin, but for some reason nobody uses it. Some say it lags.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I thought the KVE in Semp's version didn't mean anything since I tried it on XP and it worked fine.

Also, yeah we all have pj1.7 with AQZ input plugin, but for some reason nobody uses it. Some say it lags.
i was recently successfully playing with someone named LD from an East Coast university where he was hosting and we could swap between 1 and 0 frames no lag on various games. it hasn't lagged in my experience

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
PJ64kVE should work fine on XP machines since the patch was just to make it work with Vista/7. However, the regular PJ64k might be a tad more stable, so I'd use that if on XP.

If your computer can handle it, I'd highly recommend Mupen64++ Beta 0.1.3.12 for basically anything emulation related. Yes, it does netplay (under Utilities). It does a little better in the graphics/stability department and has a few emulator-specific plugins (like Rice) that PJ64 doesn't have. This would be a good option for P2P.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jhqwgbj4ihi3rdt

Sempiternity

Smash Lord

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
PJ64kVE should work fine on XP machines since the patch was just to make it work with Vista/7. However, the regular PJ64k might be a tad more stable, so I'd use that if on XP.

If your computer can handle it, I'd highly recommend Mupen64++ Beta 0.1.3.12 for basically anything emulation related. Yes, it does netplay (under Utilities). It does a little better in the graphics/stability department and has a few emulator-specific plugins (like Rice) that PJ64 doesn't have. This would be a good option for P2P.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jhqwgbj4ihi3rdt
Thanks, I was going to look for a version of mupen to try today.. I don't have much lag but get soooo many Desynchs with pj64, figured I'll give mupen a go

Top Bottom