• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
What exactly is the error message you get? Or don't you get one? Do you have the kailleraclient.dll file in your PJ64k directory?

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey I am playing SSB64 on my PJ64 emu and I was wondering if I could somehow program the C-Stick on my gamecube controller to use aerials and smash attacks (like in Melee). Is there a way to do this at all?

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Hey I am playing SSB64 on my PJ64 emu and I was wondering if I could somehow program the C-Stick on my gamecube controller to use aerials and smash attacks (like in Melee). Is there a way to do this at all?
The only thing that you could use(that I use) the c-stick for is the c-jumps. I don't think you can use it for anything else. The way to get the c-stick working for the emu is by using "DarkMan's DInput 4.0b" but a plugin with macro might work.

but real men don't C-stick.
^sad but true.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I can not find a reliable download link for 1.4 Mupen64k plus for linux. Does anyone know where to find it?

smithers

Smash Rookie
hey Im a new user, and Im trying to get this installed.

Whenever I try and connect to a server, either with custom IP or just clicking on galaxy it says its connecting for a long time but it never actually connects.

Project 64k is unblocked by my firewall and Im on normal home internet access. It works fine offline though. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I would love to play online.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Sometimes the server is down. If you're using the IP in the index it *may* be outdated, I'll update when I get home :\

Shut off your firewall and try to connect - if it works, correct the rules for PJ64k accordingly.

This probably isn't the problem, but get rid of any downloading programs, including Steam, iTunes and any updating programs, as well as any other illict programs concerning words ending in -orrents.

Impp

Smash Ace
I just got an N64 adapter to use with the my laptop, and when I calibrate it the c buttons are detected as part of the z axis. When I try to configure the controller on jabo's, it won't let me set the c buttons. I know it would work fine on N-rage, but then I won't be able to play online. Is there a way to work around this?

DMoogle

A$
I just got an N64 adapter to use with the my laptop, and when I calibrate it the c buttons are detected as part of the z axis. When I try to configure the controller on jabo's, it won't let me set the c buttons. I know it would work fine on N-rage, but then I won't be able to play online. Is there a way to work around this?
The reason you can't use n-rage online is probably because you have the "Raw Data" box checked. Uncheck that, and it should work fine online.

smithers

Smash Rookie
ok I got it to work but I lag alot. is there anything I can do to fix this. Im wired with a fast connection and my computer is good (4 gb ram, 2.53Ghz dual core). Ive heard p2p is faster. Can you connect to random people p2p or do you have to message them ahead of time to set it up?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
there isn't a p2p lobby as such, most people use AIM, MSN, irc or the kaillera server lobby to arrange p2p

the newest mod clients of kaillera have the /myip command on-server, to give you your IP if you want to host, so I would suggest logging onto your nearest populated server and asking around

DMoogle

A$
ok I got it to work but I lag alot. is there anything I can do to fix this. Im wired with a fast connection and my computer is good (4 gb ram, 2.53Ghz dual core). Ive heard p2p is faster. Can you connect to random people p2p or do you have to message them ahead of time to set it up?
Try playing offline. Do you still have a lot of lag? If so, it's your computer. If not, it's your connection. Post if you do, and we can take it from there.

The way P2P works is: one person uses the P2P client to host a game, then anyone that wants to play them needs to have the host's IP address to connect. So, you do need to communicate with a person ahead of time in order to play them - to set up a game and give you their IP address (or vice versa if you're going to host).

smithers

Smash Rookie
playing offline it works just fine. My ping is usually around 85 or so which seems pretty average but every time I try the /lagstat command it says I have a ridiculous number of lag spikes like over 100 when everyone else has 2 or 3. why would it still be lagging so much?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
are you interacting with the internet (upload/download)?

perhaps you're on wireless?

if other people are using your wireless (or worse, downloading/uploading on it), you'll have horribly bad lag

smithers

Smash Rookie
no Im wired but Im connected to a router by ethernet cable. There are other people that use wireless from that router

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
The emulators provided for online play are so buggy. Aren't there any updated emulators that work well online? I"m using the PJ64KVE from the links provided and it just has glitches in it.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Well...

what do you mean by glitches?
The controller setup would reset itself sometimes.

Sometimes when I host an online match. The cheats (Updated Cheats) aren't sent (Thus, my screen say "Stock 5" while his would say "Time 3")

Sometimes a random "Not enough memory for RSV Recompcode" error message would come up for no apparent reason. Mess up netplay, so I'll have to restart.

When I join someone else's game sometimes my cheats would be active for some reason thus he would change my "Stock" to "Team Time" while for him he has just changed "Time" to "Stock"

These were major errors that bugged me for the most part. I used to have Project64X+ and I wouldn't have these problems. However, since these forums say that Project64KVE is the norm, I've just taken it. o-o

malva00

Smash Master
The controller setup would reset itself sometimes.

Sometimes when I host an online match. The cheats (Updated Cheats) aren't sent (Thus, my screen say "Stock 5" while his would say "Time 3")

Sometimes a random "Not enough memory for RSV Recompcode" error message would come up for no apparent reason. Mess up netplay, so I'll have to restart.

When I join someone else's game sometimes my cheats would be active for some reason thus he would change my "Stock" to "Team Time" while for him he has just changed "Time" to "Stock"

These were major errors that bugged me for the most part. I used to have Project64X+ and I wouldn't have these problems. However, since these forums say that Project64KVE is the norm, I've just taken it. o-o
Those cheat problems have to do with the server, not the emulator. i never have that problem in p2p. if you're in galaxy and hosting, you have to recheck the cheats after the game starts unless you don't have that problem. if you're not hosting, you might need to turn off your cheats before you join someone's game. on the other hand if i'm in a good server like the japanese ssb server, then the first problem never happens (dunno about the second cuz i always host in japanese server)

don't know about the controls problem

jabo3d8 and glide64 video plugins both are BUGGY for me (i don't even think my emulator shows video with 3d7). the least BUGGY for me is jabo3d6 1.5.2

Johnny_C13

Smash Cadet
Great informative post! Smasher for a long time, but new to the online world.

After 12 years thought, it's hard to ask of me to start playing with my keyboard :p. Tried it and I just couldn't... So my next step is purchasing a USB adapter. Do you guys recommend somewhere in particular to purchase one? Is there a specific one that works better than others? Maybe you could add this somewhere in your OP?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'm actually a keyboard player myself, but I agree, something about good adapters should be added to the index. I'm sure a lot of people will be able to help you find a decent one. What sort of controller do you plan to use? Assuming 64.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
So I got my Mayflash adapter yesterday (the two port one). Port one just goes nuts and doesnt calibrate correctly. Port 2 works though. I can go into Project64k and configure my controller just fine. I can even play offline by myself and it works just fine too. When I play online against people my controller doesnt work. The arrow keys dont work. Nothing works as far as controls is concerned. Anyone ever run into this problem? *pissed*

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Uncheck raw data box?
Made sure you chose the right USB port in p64k?
Using the N-rage plug-in?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
What is the raw data box? Yes right usb port. I can play offline and configure all correctly. Yes using N-rage plug-in. I am baffled.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I also can't see the selection hand when selecting characters. and a few other things like the count down sequence to start a match.

Top Bottom