• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

dandan

Smash Lord
you can just edit the rdb file yourself, it is just to change the text, should take about 2 secs.

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

firo

Smash Ace
Just so everyone knows, I'm linking to this thread directly from the server, so it should hopefully get some more traffic. The tier list should be switched around like t3h icy's is now and as a suggestion I think the instructions for online play should be a bit easier to access (I think also the second guide link might be better than the first). Also, the link to "Popular Servers" refers to a topic made by smasher that is now closed and is void of info. Definitely a useful guide, though.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
it was suggested, so i decided to give it a try. cheeseball, would u add the link to my "Who's your main in Smash 64?" thread to ur smash index? maybe under character guides?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Why? How is that thread useful to new players?

EDIT: nvm read the OP, at first I thought it was yet another pointless main thread with no discussion.

nuro

Smash Lord
I'll need the links to said files first...sorry for being lazy, I'm in the midst of exams.
Here is a cht file I put together. Credit goes to ownasaurus and NOKAUBURE for the cht lines.

Download- http://www.mediafire.com/?jyd0ez282d6kbuj (i'm not liable to reupload if it goes down)

Instructions- Place project64.cht in your Project64k directory. Backup your old project64k.cht file.

What is included:

• Force Stock Mode Always On
  • For Stock to be 5
  • Play on FD (Instructions)
  • Music SFX Off
  • Have All Characters
  • Have Mushroom Kingdom (item selection screen)
  • Etc.
Edit- Force Stock mode options cause DS to happen if you don't reset the cheats before you start playing. The cheats are also reported to cause other people to DS out of games when they go play someone else if they don't have the same cheats so don't use these.

Battlecow

Play to Win
It might be a good idea to address the "Why is luigi so much lower than mario if they're exactly the same but luigi has a better up B?" question in the FAQ. That gets asked a lot.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
thank you

im going to trawl through the ask a question thread at some point and increase the number of faqs to the point where they have to be collapsed into a box.

please offer possible faqs as battlecow just did.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i think ill redo a yoshi guide if I have time tonight. This time as little bias as possible.

firo

Smash Ace
I think if our own section is under consideration, we should consider making this guide really informative and organized our first priority. In my opinion:

-The first two links at the top of the page can be organized and explained a bit more, along with an explanation of p2p and why/how to change clients

-The server list can be updated and organized a bit better; Smasher's server should be removed and "Galaxy 64" should be renamed to "The Galaxy" as that is how it shows up on kaillera and on the master list. Godweapon's address should definitely be added as they have been very supportive and helpful towards the community

West Wonderland: 72.5.152.105:27888 (Virginia)

-The builds of project64k and mupen can be reuploaded with owna's client

-The FAQ can have an explanation about how to record videos

-The link to the new rdb file does not work, but I think the consensus on the file was that it really didn't have substantial improvements on performance

I plan on writing a comprehensive guide about connecting to kaillera, troubleshooting. and all of the emulinker business that will be linked to on the server and from here if people think it is worthwhile. The current guides linked to from here are a little outdated. I feel that there is a lot of information that users may want to know (advantages/disadvantages of certain graphics and input plugins, recommended settings, common causes of lag and desynching, useful commands, etc.) that may or may not be well placed in this thread. I would be sure to get this done before we get our own section if it ever comes.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
will do, update me whenever necessary

if someone could scour the wastelands of yesteryear for useful threads and post them here, they'll get full credit.

I only have a couple servers in my dll memory, and I can't find godweapon fsr, please give me the IP.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Desiree's Server: 175.107.148.37:27888

Also the "how do i turn my recorded match into a video" is a question, not an answer :p

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Should there be a index on clans?

there is a ton of them and maybe if someone is intrested it would be easier to join.

just a quick sketch of it:

CLAN INDEX:
What is a clan?
How do i join a clan?
Which clans are availiable?
Requirements?
etc.

Clans are also good and bad, good being there is a compromise between smashers and there is teamwork, bad being there has been bad blood between some clans, leading to chaos.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
this is pj64k 0.13 with owna's client and glide64 as default:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3fq9adq06mrxf4q

i feel it is the best pj you can get but i know some have problems with glide.
Yours is set up weird. After numerous errors I spent about 30 minutes trying to tweak it to work for me.

I uploaded a version that should work for everyone:
http://www.zshare.net/download/81418495c76e9c7f/

Includes newest version of Ownasaurus's kaillera client(might crash the first time opening), Glide64(much up-to-date graphics plugin where as it shows all the graphics like on console), Extra Cheat file(more cheats so you don't have to google the extra cheat codes), and the new RDB file(tweaked so you can play ssb64 online without worrying about the (!) differences).

Also thanks to dandan for glide64! Feels like console in HD :D

I don't know if fullscreen will work for everyone. I was able to play at 1080p fullscreen with the glide64 plugin but my computer BSOD'd when trying to exit fullscreen... too scared to test it out again.

Edit: I kept running into a stupid error after uploading the file... the new link should be the fixed version.

Latest Edit: A new download link.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
For the record,

MediaFire > 4shared > Megaupload > not downloading > Hotfile > Rapidshare
So? Your point?

It wouldn't upload on mediafire so I just uploaded to the next thing that came to mind.

On other notes, it seems to ds a lot, do you have this problem, dandan?

dandan

Smash Lord
nope, i can run p2p for hours without a single ds :D, i dunno what you changed.
and it is strange, you are the first one telling me there is a problem with my folder as several others have downloaded it before.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I think turning off the vsync option fixed the dsing part.

I kept getting a "missing plugin" error of some sort at first. I had put the Glide64.ini in both the main and plugin folder which fixed that problem. It also wasn't working right with your jabo controls plugin(old version I think? idk). I just replaced it with mine.
Some people said they seemed to have lag issues with it, I'm not having that problem so Idk.
I still have Windows XP on this computer, I don't know how it'll work on Vista or Windows 7

Anyone should download whichever link works right for them and configure it to their needs...

dandan

Smash Lord
it works really fine on win7 aswell, you also have to remember to set it to force bilinear, and if you hit backspace, it changes and you have to hit backspace twice more to get it back to force bilinear.
that is my major issue with glide :S

Top Bottom