• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

dandan

Smash Lord
the graphics glitches are due to your graphics plugin, try changing it to jabo 3d 1.8 or glide.
mind that online auto loads the 3d 1.7 file in the plugin folder, so rename the new plugin name to that.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Since the BR rule set is listed here i think we can take that down from sticky and put our Social thread back up for now.

I'll probably end up taking the clan thread down as well. Not much good to it now.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ok well I managed to get access to the internet sooner than expected so I'll do it.

European servers

1) SSB-64-Europe: 77.235.60.208:27888 (Netherlands)
The prefered server, owned by dandan and Olikus and only allows SSB.

2) EmuParadise.org: 80.83.122.79:27888 (Netherlands)
An okay server, but the limit of player is so small that it's always full.

3) AEP-Emu.de Kailleraserver: 62.141.42.126:27888 (Germany)
AEP is not a good server, people can join running games and crash them.

4) Kekskruemel's EmuLinker Server: 46.163.68.215:27888 (Germany)
Nobody plays there, but I don't know why, I find it better than AEP.

There you go. Free to you to remove my comments on each one so it matches the format.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
alright can u guys help me.

i played ssb64 at 1 time on my old comp, but now i got a new 1. whenever i try to open up a ssb rom, it says the plug-in is missing and it doesnt work. ive downloaded the project64k emulator and client to play online, but no ssb game works. help!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Windows 7?

Try this. If that doesn't work, try copying over plugins from Project64 1.6. If that still doesn't work there'll be some renaming involved, but just post if so and someone'll help you out.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
oh thanks so much! it actually works. do u play online?

edit: so i cant start netplay.. was kaillera in that download? and how do i set up my controller so i can do smash attacks? thanks

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Kaillera should have been in the download, but if not just grab the client from the first post and replace it in.

Controller stuff requires calibration etc, and since I use keyboard I can't really help you, sorry :(

DMoogle

A$
Ok guys i really need some help...

i cant dash, do smash attacks, or walk off ledges. also the percents stay at O%. can any1 plz help me?
Red text: Your controller needs to be calibrated in Windows. If you're using Vista or 7, then press the start button, type in "game controllers" (no quotes), and press enter. Then click Properties, then the Settings tab, and go from there.
Green text: I feel like this is a cheat problem, although maybe it's a plugin issue. Can't remember. Somebody else can probably tell you.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
ah crap, alright more problems.

i cant join any games online. whenever they start the game, the emulator just goes black and this error message appears: "Zip error: unzOpenC:\Users\Gunnar\Desktop\Super SmashBros.Online failed"

what is going wrong and y does it keep failing?

Rekanize420

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am new here, but not new to SSB64. I just got the PJ64k Emulator and eveything working fine there is no problems ! I am loving it~ Thanks everyone who helped on it.

I just have 1 thing to ask; My ping is always ~100 and from 5-12 Delay. Any suggestions or help to get it faster?? This only allows me to play as good as I can through all the delay. :c Any help is honestly appreciated :)
-I don't have lagspikes and it works just fine offline-
P.S. (Ping Spoof under 100 makes less than 60fps for me) :o

Thanks again! ,
Rekanize420

dandan

Smash Lord
ping is calculated by the time it takes for packets to travel from you to the server.
where are you, what server are you trying to get into, if you are far, you will have high ping, no real way to change that.

delay in kaillera is calculated by ping and connection type, for lan, you will get the lowest delay.

the best way to bypass this problem is playing via p2p, you can read more about it here.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Rekanize- faster internet or wired internet will help, as will trying to connect to a server nearer to you or attempting p2p with others.

Rekanize420

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am in California USA right now currently and play on a Chicago server, Virginia, and also New York. Killyah server says USA and is lowest ping for me.

I think I may just have to keep training and fight through it, I'ved tried alot of different things already. My FPS is fine, it's just the internet delay . Must be slow internet problem for now I can't change that :) I am running DSL on a router its pretty old lol

dandan

Smash Lord
100ms from california to Galaxy sounds about right, you will have to get used to it if you want to play on server, on the other hand, there are a lot of good players in cali that you can p2p with (or even meet irl).

Battlecow

Play to Win
There are a lot of good players in California who'd probably be willing to P2P you if you asked nicely =)

But yeah battling through it is cool too. Way to be.

Rekanize420

Smash Rookie
Great support! Thanks all. Reason I asked is because I got my *** whooped by someone on the server just playing with a good connection. hehe. They were pulling off x2 the moves I could through the lag. They probably are running it smooth like N64 runs. Thats how I imagine would be my best playing potential. I'm at about ~60% right now of what I can normally do on a N64 lol ;)

I use the same username online so you might see me if thats what you play on!
See you online

P.S. Can you P2P with 3+ people?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, I think so, if you use the AQZ plugin. You'll have to ask around to learn how to do that though 'cause I don't know.

dandan

Smash Lord
p2p is mainly 1v1, the aqz plugin allows you to simulate a server with one person acting as a host to several others. the main issue with it is that the delay is the same for everyone, and it is the maximum of all the delays, so if someone is close to the host and has 1 frame, and someone is far and has 4, it will be 4 for all, even the host. that is why, if you use it, make sure the person hosting is in the middle.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You forgot walks and pivots. And DL wind, if that counts.

I taunt-cancelled a Yoshi double jump land once, but I think that was probably the walk after. Not sure, might have to be TAS'd.

B Link

Smash Lord
What, lol, I didn't see that. I thought thekuzinator was talking about the AQZ plugin.

No comment on that new stuff though

B Link

Smash Lord
I'm inevitably compelled to agree. It is the only thing that even the most elite players have a consensus on in terms of utilizing it so that 'x' player can apply its principles to even the most basic of "corner" game-situations.

Drasis

Smash Rookie
Want to DL the emulator for online play, but it seems like emulation64.com is down. Am I going to the wrong site?

Top Bottom