• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

TalosSSB

Smash Cadet
www.pj64k.blogspot.com had another update, includes a working list of kaillera servers around the world and fixed font for broken symbols in kaillera along with the maximize client removed so it doesnt max glitch when you close out server.

He's also the plugins with the 1.4 built compatibility ones since the emulator is built off of 1.4.
The max cheats were made lower to stop cheats from lagging and there is the latest updated Glide64 final version which shows EVERYTHING in smash64 along with fireballs color being fixed.

There is no virus, even though it's by smasherx74 its all legit heres proof.

Here is virus scans of Project64k7E
These are because of how PJ64k7e is compressed, any compressed file will be detected for packing, and may be a trojan, obviously. These are false positives.

Here a scan for official Project64k from Pj64k.blogspot.com

As you see, it's a completely clean score, there is no Compression of attempting to encrypt the file. Which is the same way the 0.13 version is, it's also more stable then compressing it which seems to cause DS more often.

Along with using the 1.4 stable plugins should increase you stability for the emulator.

You should update this thread with 0.39 files from http://www.pj64k.blogspot.com/

Sangoku

Smash Master

This is enough to know who talos is :laugh:.

I would rather follow dandan's advice to never trust something smasher uploaded. And professor (and any other people having problem), just use the version semp linked to in the op and everything should be fine.

:phone:

TalosSSB

Smash Cadet

This is enough to know who talos is :laugh:.

I would rather follow dandan's advice to never trust something smasher uploaded. And professor (and any other people having problem), just use the version semp linked to in the op and everything should be fine.

You're being bias towards smasherx74 because of his activity in a group that he's no longer associated with along with the fact Smasherx74 is smart. He's somebody you can really trust when it comes to something like emulation since he's worked with Emulators and Rom hacking for so long.

The files around here contain other files or modifications that could cause issues, best keep up to date with pj64k.blogspot.com before it's ported to C++.

NTA

Smash Lord
You're being bias towards smasherx74 because of his activity in a group that he's no longer associated with along with the fact Smasherx74 is smart. He's somebody you can really trust when it comes to something like emulation since he's worked with Emulators and Rom hacking for so long.

The files around here contain other files or modifications that could cause issues, best keep up to date with pj64k.blogspot.com before it's ported to C++.
Smasher and trust in the same sentence :troll:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
add to OP in some way? i uploaded these and have them saved in addition to the LAN one i made

THEN

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
done, sorta

stepmania, wew

man, the index is cluttered, maybe ill clean it up in a couple months
yeah, i play itg/sm3.95 from time to time

taking 2 mins to make a .jpg to help even 10 ppl is worth it imo.
faster than explaining 1on1, language barrier, time, etc

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Those are antdgar's charts. Our data compilation sucks, though, and it's just little tidbits here and there.

Unfortunately we have no dedicated TASers with copious amounts of time to completely test and compile everything.

You can try PMing antdgar or messaging him on his channel, and he may be able to help you out.

Morin0

Smash Lord
House (another TASer) is of similar caliber when it comes to TASing so you can ask him too. I think House is more active than Antdgar.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
You can also ask Sangoku who is the most active currently!

He's busy, though, but might be able to test a few things if need be.

The Star King

Smash Hero
^autocancel frames still exist though

BTW if this is for P:M not sure you should give him 64 fair, it's pretty lamesauce. Except IDK what to give him otherwise

And apparently antdgar took those charts from some Japanese website so they're for (J) and may not be accurate

Sangoku

Smash Master
I am nowhere near the caliber of AntD/House/Tambor, so I can't guarantee anything. I'm not sure to understand correctly what you're asking (IASA?). Basically you want to know which frames from Kirby's fair and nair autocancel?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
IASA frames are the period of time during an animation where you can cancel the animation with other stuff

i don't think there're many non-movement examples in the game (dashes etc), except like...mario taunt (with shield)

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone,

My name is James, Ive been playing SSB64 for about 12 years now and I am ready to get involved online and in the tournament scene. With that being said, I am having extreme difficulty getting Mupen to run on my computer. Ive an Asus laptop running W7.

When I go to run Mupen, it comes up fine, when I go to use the ROM it says. "configure graphic settings" or something, (i am paraphrasing) but when I go to the actual settings, the graphic plugins are blank. In my 7zip folder it has the Jabo, Glide, plugins etc. How do I get them to work!?!?!?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

----Ive figured it out everyone. Thanks to anyone who was going to help, it is much appreciated.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah welcome from me too :D Also glad to see your problem has been solved. Maybe I will see you around on kailera.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all. Is that the case Superboom? I thought I read that Mupen was better for online play, was I mistaken?

Thanks again.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
You should probably get both anyway, but yea PJ64k will be your primary online play program.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
You should probably get both anyway, but yea PJ64k will be your primary online play program.
alright, thanks Clubba, Ill snag PJ64K as well. I hope to be playing all of you as well. I am very excited to get involved, VERY involved. I just wish the SSB64 scene was bigger, though what can I expect with a game that came out 13 years ago?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Pj64k is KING. Mupen can't win without competing with the ez cheets input of PJ64.

Remember when hosting a game on a server to uncheck then recheck one cheat after starting the game but before you go to character select screen

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
bro, we've been over this

mupen automatically unlocks everything you need to play a regular game of ssb64

Remember when hosting a game on a server to uncheck then recheck one cheat after starting the game but before you go to character select screen
don't even need to do this. works out of the BOX

clubbadubba

Smash Master
hey semp you know that all-inclusive pj64 pack you uploaded? is it possible to upload it so that raw data is already unchecked upon download? just curious

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. I tried to uncheck Raw Data for the commonly used NRage plugins before uploading, but pj64 is a fickle thing and does what it wants when it wants.

The older NRage plugins don't have an .ini file so I can't manually ensure Raw Data is unchecked, but try this and let me know if anything changes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2d8ad1z43k3k2yl

I feel like that "LOL THIS PLUGIN CAN'T BE LOCATED" error message most people get somehow resets the current settings, so that might explain it.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Sorry If I'm seeming like I've a plethora of problems, but I've finally gotten Mupen to run with SSB64. Its incredibly laggy so far, I can't figure out how to get the stick to function near normality. Also, I cannot get the C buttons to work, which is my biggest problem. They register in the actual input settings, but when I go back to the game, they dont seem to register at all!?!?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TM

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@magistrate: Is it lagging when you go online? Or is it lagging just when you play the rom offline? If it lags offline, your computer probably can't handle it. If it lags only online, its most likely your connection. One thing that might help is bringing up the "Processes" tab in the task manager and setting the priority of Mupen to "High." You should be able to calibrate the controller on your computer. Search "controller" in your start menu, and there should be something like "calibrate controller" or "set up USB game controllers. Go through that process. Never used Mupen, but I assume there are range and deadzone settings you can change for the control stick. Higher range and lower deadzone will basically make your stick more sensitive, adjust as needed. That's weird with the c-buttons though...

@Semp, I will test that out when I get a chance.

Battlecow

Play to Win
c-buttons is a common thing, use Nrage's directinput plugin instead of Jabo's or whatever you're using. V1.83 or V1.61 are the best for the Nrage plugin.

Also uncheck raw data.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know I ask a lot of questions on here and can be a little irritating, but I'm having some trouble with this. I looked at a guide and got P64k, but whenever I try to open SSB the emulator stops functioning. I've tried both the Standard version and the Windows 7 version. What should I do?

Actually, it can't open any rom. It says 'failed to open file' or 'can't open file.'

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
put all of your game roms in one place, hit file --> choose rom directory then FIND THE FOLDER WITH YOUR ROMS then hit ok, finally when out of all sub windows press f5.

Top Bottom