• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what that was supposed to do; the emulator still messes up every time I try to open a rom. It loads it, but when it's going to start it screws up. What the crap am I supposed to do?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
This is a known bug.

Happens occasionally for me, but works most of the time. I don't really know of a fix, but maybe you could try fiddling with compatibility mode for XP or something.

Also, I know you said Windows 7, but try the PJ64kVE linked at the top of the first post with the jumping sheep.

If all else fails... reboot?
ololololololololololol

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
hello

i havent played ssb online in a heck of a long time, and i dont have any of the files anymore (new computer). i downloaded the package labeled vista/windows 7, found a rom, and can start up the rom but cant get my controller to do anything

i'm using a hori with a PC adapter (which i know works) and NRAGE's Direct-Input8 1.61

this doesnt look anything like what i remember and for my life i cant find a raw data box anywhere to uncheck

help?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Raw data is after you do Options -> Configure Controller Plugin but before you press the "Assign Keys" button, as checkboxes down the middle for each port.

Assigning keys is pretty self-explanatory. Don't forget to calibrate your controller.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
..ah
found it
thank you

on an unrelated note, do people ever host ssb tournies for the blind? i'm considering signing up

EDIT2:works now tyvm

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So is there a dirk club now er wut?

AA called me that a few years ago and now i'm seeing a few of these "dirks" in circulation!!

It's an interesting...but questionable insult or....compliment?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nobody knows

But I manipulated aa into removing me from the index title, it was legendary (he put me back after I bragged about it)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i actually changed it again in rage after ciaza dirked up and gave the cheeseball name to the person least likely to appreciate it

now it's back to star king being a dirk

Olikus

Smash Champion
Only the small dirks gets recognition. The biggest dirks dirk themselves silent in hidden places.

tulisa321

Smash Rookie
Sorry for not ending up helping... I was busy most of the week (job hunting + more), and had no computer access for part of the week. I wanted to help... just never had a long enough break to help :(
thank you so much i have after this for ages

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I am having some trouble getting this to work. The Project 64 emulator works, but I keep getting error messages with the Project 64K one. "Could not load audio plugin", "Current controller dll could not be used please select another one" then the same two errors again when I select the rom Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] and I get the same error messages two times, and the emulator crashes. Also I haven't even gotten to the point where I get the client up and running to play online. Help!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Options -> Settings, then pick a different audio and input plugin. I use Alzheimer's v0.30 (Old Driver) or whatever it is for audio, and NRage 1.61 for Input

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Thank you Star King for a quick and accurate fix to my issue. Now, at some point, I'll need to figure everything else out. If I get stumped and need help, I'll ask but I am trying to do as much of this without asking a hundred newb questions, as I can.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Don't hesitate to ask BRO, it takes less effort for people to answer questions than for you to figure things out

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Thanks, actually the kaillera stuff is all up and running, the game works on the emulator, now I just need to figure things out for my 360 controller until I get my raphnet adapter. I wonder how bad playing on a 360 controller is going to suck for me.

Edit: Good news is that I am up and running, so I'll be on the scene like, as early as tonight! I'm looking forward to getting dominated repeatedly.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
any tips on reducing lag? I come into the Galaxy with anywhere from 80-60 ping and 6-4 frames of delay. Ill notice my emulator running around 51, 52 which is entirely too slow. Any help and getting a strong or constant 58-60fps?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Except from standard stuff, you can't do anything about it. Standard stuff is: make sure you're not using internet with other means (downloading, etc), make sure nobody else uses your internet (sister browsing, etc), sometimes wifi lags for no apparent reason.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Double post, I don't care.

Fox's D-air animation ends at 32 frames (I'm being generous here). If you read my first post you will see that it auto-cancels at 22 and greater. The animation definitely has not ended.

Here is the data:

The numbers represent the earliest frame which is auto-cancelled.
The lower the number, the earlier the move is auto-cancelled.
1 means it is impossible to get lag, since frame 1 is the start of the attack.
The only attacks that do not require z-cancelling are Ness' Up+Down-air and Pikachu's Up-air.
The only attack which is not auto-cancelled is Ness' ANA. Well, technically it has no lag after hitbox, so it must not be auto-cancelled.
How can this not be in the index?

The Star King

Smash Hero
because frame data from ant-d is to be taken with a grain of salt

And it looks like he only included autocancel frames at the end, not autocancel frames at the beginning? (try doing a Link dair very close to the ground)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Well, it's still better than nothing. And when these Melee/Brawl dudes come in and say "I need to know all the frame data you have", at least we could give them some, instead of being like "huh the game has been out since 20 years, but we don't have data yet".

MVP

Smash Ace
Question? Which one is good for the mac and/or PS3? Cause I REALLY want this.

MVP

Smash Ace
I want to download this so I can play on my PS3 online and such, so I just wanna know which link I should download so it'll work on it cause there's many links for smash online and I want the right one. Any sujestions?

M!nt

Smash Champion
This doesn't work on mac and iirc there's not even a n64 emulator for ps3 so its definitely not gonna work for that.

M!nt

Smash Champion
No, at least not online. PC only

You might be able to get wine up on mac and MAYBE get it to work.

Top Bottom