• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Why saves and not codes? If someone did all this hacking work to get to this level and didn't release their knowledge on ram addresses then that is reason number 1 why there is no level/character editor.
I need to clarify this. I believe this was randomly discovered by malva00 using the following codes:

Not anymore =P. I tested lots of variations. Turns out the only cheats needed are:

1. 1P,3P,4P -> make him (=> $04 - appear)
2. 2P -> make him (=> $02 - don't appear)
2. stage select (=> $11 - mario target)
3. P1 -> controled -> in links target by (=> doesn't matter)

characters don't matter either

maybe you can make a hitbox character cheat using this info? xP

EDIT: Also, Captain Falcon doesn't show up on Fox/Luigi BtT stage if there's P1,P3,P4
However, some of us (including myself) weren't able to get into this hitbox mode by using the codes, so savestates were created for convenience.

If you can find the memory addresses with these codes, I'd be most grateful.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so...why can't i move while in this hitbox mode? both of my controllers are plugged into the adapter. is there something i need to do?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i only have two ports on the mayflash. can i set Controller 3, in pjkve, to kb and go from there?

edit: nvm got it set to kb. but i don't know how to make the emulator run in slo mo or anything. i'm thinking hypercamming it.

TempestHound

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I got the game up and running, but when I create a game, I don't have any of the secret characters or able to turn off items. If I just play it regularly, they are available but not when I create a game on NetPlay (Galaxy). Any ideas what the problem is? Thank you.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
while in-game (not before you get the game running), go options > cheats and enable all characters and have mushroom kingdom

servers tend to be annoying about this

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Hey keyboard users, what input (controller) plugin do you use?

I watched the video, that one about unchecking RawData, and ended up switching from Project64k to KVE.
With that came the NRage input plugin, the other one I was using, Jabo, didn't even have the rawdata box.

But no matter how much I mess around with the Range and DeadZone, I can't make it like the Jabo one. The timing on several moves change quite a bit. (I don't know which is closer to the real N64, but I don't really care about that).

So, is there anyone who switched from Jabo to NRage and noticed a difference? Did you solve it? Should I keep Jabo even though RawData?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I use Jabo because it was default and I didn't know anything about plug-ins back then lol

And yes, the two are definitely different somehow. I can't put my finger on how, but the two treat control stick inputs differently. When I try to a fast dash attack on NRage an FSmash comes out.

I don't know what you mean by "even though RawData". Raw Data is unchecked for online play, so Jabo not having it doesn't matter.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
So I don't need to worry about Raw Data with Jabo. I thought somehow... well, nevermind.
Thanks for the help.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lots of move are glitchy. Try Samus neutral B. This hitbox mode was discovered by accident. I wish we had a proper hitbox mode and a one that is implemented to the ****ing rom.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
"Known issues:
- When open the kaillera window, the following plugins will be loaded:
Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 (Jabo_Direct3D7.dll)"

this is outright IN the pj64kVE readme, but it keeps loading glide by default. glide is laggy and bad on my comp, jabo works fine. when loading game in pj64k offline jabo's works fine, then ass soon as i open kalierra window it forces me into glide. WHYYYYY

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
could you delete your plugin from the plugin folder (I mean copy it to somewhere else if it doesn't work) and then rename your Jabo plugin after the Glide Plugin (or am I mistaken)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Your current video graphics plugin is named "Jabo_Direct3D7.dll" in the project64k folder. This is always the case for this specific core version of project64k, it just defaults to this name.

You have to rename any video plugin you wish to use to "Jabo_Direct3D7.dll" in order for it to work.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Will I lag if I play online with a built-in graphics card? Or is the frame lag/delay more related to connection speed than a good graphics card?

Also, the chassis is too small to install a new GPU and at the moment I don't have enough money for both to install a new graphics card, just in case someone were to recommend that. Just need to know if I'm going to lag hard before I even attempt online play, and I figured someone here should have some previous experience with my question.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, 64 emulation with Jabo is pretty non-intensive. If you actually want to emulate the N64 properly you'd use Glide, and that might take a bit more power, but no one uses that online so it would desynch anyway.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
pj64 killer batch file

unzip and double click this to kill pj64 when it crashes/after a DS for faster rejoins

windows game controllers menu batch

unzip and double click this to open up windows game controller menu, for faster calibration(helps noobs out big time) works on winxp/vista/7 HAVEN'T TESTED WIN8 prolly works tho.

imo these should be included in the end-all-be-all pj64kve zip, they're that ****ing good

"oh you're a noob and don't know how to get to game controllers in win7/vista/xp? double click this, ez mode."

"oh pj64k/kve crashed during an online game? double click this and start playing again much sooner."

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
http://www.mediafire.com/?9cl9pq7kx2rt393

I have updated the p64k killer batch file.

Now it needs to be placed inside your project64k folder and then you can make a shortcut to it.

after that just double clic the shortcut and it should insta restart project64k. It can be used to open project64k too but if you want multiple instances you need to use the original project64k.exe or project64kVE.exe file.

Olikus

Smash Champion
On settings, if I use glide on videopluggin it lagges online, and when I use jabo it crashes when I launch either offline or online. What to use :p?

TundraZer0

Smash Rookie
I've gotta kinda annoying problem. Whenever I start up PJ64K, I can't move the window that the games in, or click any of the options on the top of the box (file, options, settings, ect...), and I can't type in the chat in Kaillera. So pretty much If I want to do anything, I gotta Control/Alt/Delete. Anyone have any idea? This started happening fairly recently, and it makes me sad face.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I've gotta kinda annoying problem. Whenever I start up PJ64K, I can't move the window that the games in, or click any of the options on the top of the box (file, options, settings, ect...), and I can't type in the chat in Kaillera. So pretty much If I want to do anything, I gotta Control/Alt/Delete. Anyone have any idea? This started happening fairly recently, and it makes me sad face.
for windows: this mite help (MAYBE idk)

hold windows key, then press pause; alternatively, click start button then right click computer and click properties
click advanced system settings on the left side
you should be in the advanced tab, then click the settings button under the box labelled performance
under the visual effects tab, click custom then scroll down to where it says "show window contents while dragging"

if it doesn't help at least you know where to make windows generally faster by turning off useless effects like anything with the word "shadow" or "animate"

TundraZer0

Smash Rookie
for windows: this mite help (MAYBE idk)

hold windows key, then press pause; alternatively, click start button then right click computer and click properties
click advanced system settings on the left side
you should be in the advanced tab, then click the settings button under the box labelled performance
under the visual effects tab, click custom then scroll down to where it says "show window contents while dragging"

if it doesn't help at least you know where to make windows generally faster by turning off useless effects like anything with the word "shadow" or "animate"
Sadly, it didn't work. But man, this is really weird. When PJ64K is up, it pretty much renders my mouse useless. =/

Sanchezo

Smash Rookie
What kind of controllers do you guys prefer, or is there a certain one most people buy?

Olikus

Smash Champion
It varies allot. Many go old school with the original 64 controller, but it varies from xbox to pad to keyboard etc.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
As smash 64 is getting bigger offline, I would say N64 or Hori-pads recommended.

If this was a few years ago (or if you never plan on going to offline events,) I would add the KB

Top Bottom