• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

FourStar

Smash Ace
so quick question... who are the top players in the world for 64? I see like Isai, Josuke, Gerson, Sensei, and SuperBoomFan. Are there anymore i'm missing? I really want to see top level play and want to see the best

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
whoops.... i should just go away now considering I'm japanese and the last thing us **** should do is speel another ***'s name wrong......
Nah, I misspelled it for the first several months as well
also, if you want to search him by his Japanese tag, http://crossn.ddo.jp/Spring-Tournament/Tournament2012.png name is there if you can find the symbols

BY THE WAY, this is a TWO HUNDRED PERSON ONLINE tournament
Edit: found it on his 12 char crew battle:

丈助

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAF0qu_2Y8 the full crews demonstrate a good deal about all the characters, Faust is real good also

DMoogle

A$
so quick question... who are the top players in the world for 64? I see like Isai, Josuke, Gerson, Sensei, and SuperBoomFan. Are there anymore i'm missing? I really want to see top level play and want to see the best
Sensei isn't in the same league as everyone else you listed. No offense to him, he's an excellent player and probably better than me.

There may be a couple more people from Peru that could be added to that list, but I'm not sure of their names (Captain Tavo maybe?).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's Capitan
as in Captain in Spanish.

Also, you can add Alvin to that list perhaps?

FourStar

Smash Ace
so Alvin, Capitan Tavo, Gerson, SuperBoom, Isai, and Jousuke? and what Kikoushi? is he worthy?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
so Alvin, Capitan Tavo, Gerson, SuperBoom, Isai, and Jousuke? and what Kikoushi? is he worthy?
Moyashi is another really good Kirby. Also Red another top player and maybe たつまん[Tatuman].
You could also maybe add Ruoka Danchon but there aren't that many videos of him.
Red's Tag is マリオ btw

It really depends, any specific character you are looking for, or is it more Kirby/Fox/Pikachu/etc.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Give me a good stick, fixed collarbone, and a solid few days of console practice and I'll give you a show.

TBH, those players probably have a better tournament record than me, though not sure about the Peruvian players, but judging by their videos and battles against Isai, they are undoubtedly top tier. Would love to battle them. Maybe one day at APEX or if make it to Peru / Japan.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
According to Alvin, the top 3 in peru are Marka, Gerson and Alvin. Tied for fourth is Tavo and Gohan.

I think Orlando is better than all of them, because he actually won the tournament where all those guys were playing. Those top tier pika's couldn't handle the power of kirby. The only people from Tacna that went were Gerson, Alvin, and Gohan.

The results of that tournament were
1) Orlando
2) Papachu
3) Chano
4) Gohan
5) Alvin
5) ?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Since we're now caring about proper spelling,

Ruoka Danchon
It's Dancho (団長 → だんちょう). Apex vids have it wrong too:

Red's Tag is マリオ btw
What.
Red's tag is Red. マリオ = Mario.

Red [Mario]

Btw it is Jousuke
I guess since his name has been established that way, yes. Otherwise, it's just another way to romanize the word. I could just as well write Ruoka Danchou, instead of Dancho

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Since we're now caring about proper spelling,

It's Dancho (団長 → だんちょう). Apex vids have it wrong too:

What.
Red's tag is Red. マリオ = Mario.

Red [Mario]

I guess since his name has been established that way, yes. Otherwise, it's just another way to romanize the word. I could just as well write Ruoka Danchou, instead of Dancho
Are you fluent in Japanese?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I am using the spelling I most commonly found on videos
I have almost always seen Jousuke, not the other way around
Yes, Ruoka was wrong

In terms of Red, lolwhoops

FourStar

Smash Ace
Are you fluent in Japanese?
Not fluent, but i speak and understand pretty damn well enough to carry everyday conversations.

Moyashi is another really good Kirby. Also Red another top player and maybe たつまん[Tatuman].
You could also maybe add Ruoka Danchon but there aren't that many videos of him.
Red's Tag is マリオ btw

It really depends, any specific character you are looking for, or is it more Kirby/Fox/Pikachu/etc.
So i'm getting the sense that Isai is the only good american and everyone else that is good is peruvian or Japanese?

FourStar

Smash Ace
LOL i didn't want this to turn in to a who's the best. I just want to know who are some really good players.....

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Talking about good players, there's also a number of online only players who show potential for top player status. Maybe.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Battlecow

FourStar

Smash Ace
LOL Battlecow is actually one of my personal favorites. IDK why. Him, Isai, and Jousuke are my personal favorites

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i almost asked why

then i saw you had three pikachus under your name and pikachu was your avatar

and everything became clear

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ME BEING A SAMUS MAIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT SEDDA GO FIX YOUR ****ING WASHING MACHINE

mixa

Banned via Warnings
cobr's rage is best rage

and laughed really hard at that

partly because my washing machine came broken from the guy who was supposed to fix it and I didn't feel like calling him up again

The Star King

Smash Hero
cobr's rage is best rage

and laughed really hard at that

partly because my washing machine came broken from the guy who was supposed to fix it and I didn't feel like calling him up again
this post feels like it was written by aa

like I don't know why I'm pointing it out but I'm getting STRONG aa vibes, so much I had to say something

except you capitalized "I" and used apostrophes

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i generally use apostrophes

never capitalise things though

i also dont start sentences with 'and' unless there's a worthwhile effect from the implied pause

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't believe you about the apostrophes. For example, you didn't put in one in "don't" in that very post, and skimming through some of your recent posts you don't most of the time for don't/doesn't/I'm etc. I only found one example of "it's" though in which you did use an apostrophe, so I guess it depends. Maybe for possessive stuff too?

That "and" feels weird, I feel like he meant "I" or something

M!nt

Smash Champion
sentences look really ugly

when they're spaced

like this

although I do it to ; __ ;

Top Bottom