• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
The programs you need are in the index. The game itself is easy to find using google or whatever. Search "smash 64 rom."

Get your controller settings figured out offline, it's far easier that way.

Uncheck raw data

Go into cheats to unlock the characters

Do or do not; there is no try.

Battlecow

Play to Win
project 64k from the index

rom from google

adapter from ebay

calibrate in windows, uncheck raw data, ask questions in the Q&A thread

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Does project 64 vista download work on windows 7?

edit: I don't know which download link is the best, someone just post the best/easiest one for a windows 7 PC.

edit2: I am kind of a computer ******, can someone just post the links in order for me that I need to download?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i am almost certain knitephox's signature has been those links for roughly 15 years

edit: it appears it no longer is. rip knitephox sig

Sangoku

Smash Master
Why don't you try them yourself? I mean, you prefer asking thousand of questions and waiting several days than testing yourself and get the emu in 5 minutes? It depends what you mean by best and what computer you have. I like using Semp's and remove the plugins creating errors. That way you can use Glide and see invincibility frames. And if your computer can't handle it, use jabo 3D8.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I am sure this has been answered earlier, but, can/should you use Glide online?

EDIT: Sangoku, if a .krec was recorded using the Jabo video plugin, can I playback it using Glide? I've tried it but don't know how, and I was thinking you did that with the Double Dair matches.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
You guys should add the pj64 kve killer batch file Jaime made, it makes it so much easier to join galaxy again.

FourStar

Smash Ace
ok i've been trying to find tha japanese smash 64 tier list and i can't find any results. anyone link me or just tell me please?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i don't think one has surfaced recently, you'd have to trawl japanese bbs pages for a hope of finding one

the general uninformed consensus runs like: pikachu still top, kirby, fox, falcon still high, ness arguably high tier, everyone else is about the same except link, who you could argue is mid tier (or even high tier on hyrule) and jiggs, who i personally think goes up a bit simply due to nerfed DI making her d-air so much more stable

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Jiggs is worse, rest doesn't kill and DI'ing drills matters more to light chars like Jiggs who needs to be able to not die at 60%.

Samus is a bit better as up is actually a safe option and Samus can actually get out of some combos.

Kirby is better than Fox as said, Falcon is better than his US version due to a better sh/much better recover
Ness is high tier, his u-air is ridiculous and he has a chance to recover.
Link is better due to a much better u-tilt but not mid probably as DL is their only stage.

The biggest changes are Ness, Falcon, and Kirby, as all 3 of them have very beneficial changes.

Battlecow

Play to Win
no one over there even plays pika, even tho the rat is barely changed

god knows how DI meganerf affects different playstyles

rustyw

Smash Cadet
Can we get an updated list to the advanced techniques PDF? The links appear to be broken.

mixymouse

Smash Rookie
Everytime I try opening up the .exe of the p64 linked in OP I get two errors saying "Could not load audio plugin" and "Current controller dll could not be used please use another one". can someone please help? :(

Sangoku

Smash Master
In all these emulators, change the "Project64.rdb":

The Japanese smash part (search for "dairantou" to find it), should be replaced by:
[67D20729-F696774C-C:4A]
Good Name=All Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!]
Internal Name=SMASH BROTHERS
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=Default //2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Status=Compatible
Plugin Note=(graphics slow when many effects)

Otherwise it doesn't work online with Japanese smashers. I had been pwned last year because of that and aa told me this. So it's easier if it's replaced in every emulators available for download.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Everytime I try opening up the .exe of the p64 linked in OP I get two errors saying "Could not load audio plugin" and "Current controller dll could not be used please use another one". can someone please help? :(
Options -> Settings -> Plugins tab, "Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)" for audio and "N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 1.61"(recommended) for input.

FourStar

Smash Ace
ok so recently i went to japan and talked to my cousin who plays in smash tournaments if they had a tier list. he said yes but has no clue where to find it but no one cares since the general concesus is that pika, kirby, and fox are the best...... so i guess the japanese don't really care :p

mixa

Banned via Warnings
The best of both worlds would be:

We suddenly lose interest in the tier lists and discussions about who's best.
The japanese gain interest in showing their vids to the world.

FourStar

Smash Ace
The best of both worlds would be:

We suddenly lose interest in the tier lists and discussions about who's best.
The japanese gain interest in showing their vids to the world.
Well the game"s been out for how long now? at this point its undisputable in japan who's the best and who's the worst. that's how it was explained to me

FourStar

Smash Ace
sweet contact you got there bro
me? yeah japanese smash is so much more fun. they like to talk each other during matches which i can never do taking it easy.... and japan is just pretty cool place overall. especially when you play games in the country it came from :p

wmo

Smash Rookie
I heard desyncs can occur more frequently with certain emulators, is that true? I heard Mupen has the least amount of DS's, but I'm on the PJ64KVE version. Should I just use the regular PJ64 or try Mupen?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I heard that too about Mupen. The problem is that both players must use the same emulator and since PJ is so much more used than Mupen you won't find many players. I personally don't really like Mupen.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Need some help testing this out.

Project64KillerBUFF

It is an .exe file that that works pretty much like the Project64Killer batch file except this one restarts project64k AND opens the netplay window (kaillera/p2p) right away. BEST

You need to place the file in your project64k folder then make a shortcut to your desktop for insta-double click project64k restart.

Note that if there is no instance of project64k already running the file won't do anything.

Sensei

Smash Lord
just changed a few lines (about 2 lul) to make it start project64k as well.

Project64killerOP

ENJOY INSTANT PROJECT64K NETPLAY START/RESTART.
Those two files will kill my pj64k like they say, but neither will automatically start netplay. They do make a ping sound when it starts like it's trying to do something after it opens, but nothing else happens.

I'm running Project64KVE 0.13 Core 1.4 on Windows 7 64 bit.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Allow it through your firewall maybe. It might be since your firewall is thinking that the program hacks your computer (as a lot of viruses open up certain files)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
^ wut

you need the project64killer in the project64k folder for it to work

EDIT: I just tried it and it tried to make a zip file randomly LOL

Top Bottom