• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo didn't give out content to people to leak.
They didn't. That much is true. But what they DID allow, was for people to play that version of the game, and then it was only a matter of time before the likes of MarkMan and Reno would get a bit loose-lipped (or something to that effect) and may leak something. And there would be little that Nintendo could do about it, since they're "small time" bloggers who really don't have to be but so concerned about repercussions.

So, again, I was thinking along the lines of that this was probably "planned for" from the start. Nintendo probably thought in advance about the possibility of MM not adhering strictly to a NDA, so they just constructed the game in such a way, so that Mark only could see what they allowed him to see.

But eh, we shall see. I wouldn't doubt the words of Reno and sp0rsk (I'm a fellow GAFfer too...take a wild guess who I am. :chuckle:), but I wouldn't doubt that Nintendo pulled a fast one either, just in the case that, again, some one decided to not button their lips...

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Heh. Check out this quote from the latest Iwata Asks:

"Iwata
The number of regular characters is impressive on its own, but the number of characters represented by the Assist Trophies is truly something. "

I am not impressed by 35 characters, Iwata and Sakurai. Not one bit.
Probably because you have retardedly high expectations of this game. Cry me a river.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
By the way, Animal Crosser has been deconfirmed in the latest Iwata Asks issue. http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/slideplayer.html?width=400&height=280&id=182

As you can see.... It clearly shows the Animal Crosser with the following statement.

"Characters like the above that do not seem plausible for them to fight will not appear." (But maybe as an item?)

Sorry all you ACer fans. (That includes myself to be honest.) :ohwell:

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Probably because you have retardedly high expectations of this game. Cry me a river.
I don't feel like thinking up a clever reply to this so I'll just be blunt. You're a complete douchebag.

NO ONE is impressed by 35 characters. Not even people who expected that many in the first place would find that number impressive. Can you honestly tell me that's an impressive number? No, you can't. If you do, you're a lying sack of ****.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Mr. Lee Road hasn't been put on the list considering that Chronobound of all people called him as or more trustworthy as Serebii.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I find it impressive if they're balanced. 21 veteran characters (22 movesets) and 14 newcomers (17 movesets). Compared to most balanced fighting games, that's quite a lot. I expected 36 movesets, 39 not only meets my expectations - it exceeds it.

Learn to speak for yourself. I'm not a liar when I say I like this roster. Other than Tails (who stands no chance) all my top characters are in and he's thrown in characters I'd never have even expected (Pokemon Trainer looks amazing)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The proposed 35 character roster leaves NOTHING to be desired as far as unlockables. You play the game with some fantastic characters and unlock what? Melee holdovers? Only THREE NEW faces? And two that are hotly contested on top of that?

No, no. That roster SUCKS. It gives you no reason to even bother getting any secret characters except the ones you played in Melee, basically. Worthless.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised Mr. Lee Road hasn't been put on the list considering that Chronobound of all people called him as or more trustworthy as Serebii.
I guess at this point it's kinda superfluous, what with the full game spill due in 2-3 days.

I don't know why we even bothered updating Forbattlebrawl. His information is pointless and seemingly not trustworthy.

"Two female characters whose names will not be revealed!" is as annoying as "MY HINTS WILL CONTAIN 3 LIES!" It's silly. So is "fan requested reptile!"

Just makes him look like a liar.

The proposed 35 character roster leaves NOTHING to be desired as far as unlockables. You play the game with some fantastic characters and unlock what? Melee holdovers? Only THREE NEW faces? And two that are hotly contested on top of that?

No, no. That roster SUCKS. It gives you no reason to even bother getting any secret characters except the ones you played in Melee, basically. Worthless.
Didn't Sakurai say he'd keep unlockables to a fair minimum since most people will be spoiled through online play anyway?

He also said we'd have a very nostalgic feeling. Yes, this entire game is fueled by nostalgia, but it may also be a clue in as to why all four original SSB unlockables are unlocked yet again, unlike Ness and Captain Falcon's starting positions on the Melee roster. Of course, there was little choice for them to be unlockables, seeing as how there were only 3 unique moveset newcomers that were secret in the first place. Luigi's little differences not withstanding.

The starting roster's confirmed, and all the vets you're going to be angry about unlocking are confirmed to not be on it.

Them's the breaks.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
One_Step87 deconfirmed HIMSELF a while ago...

AND it's been stated multiple times in the thread, but.....eh whatever. It doesn't matter.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Actually, he may be more trustworthy because he's vague. After all, leaking information is illegal.
Why selective vagueness, though? Leaking part of it is still a big freaking problem. If you leak part, you may as well leak all.

Not to mention previous true leaks about other games that haven't resulted in legal action.

The fact is there's not a lot they're ever going to care to do about it. "omg its illegal" is a nice fall-back for people to remove information that will be found to be falsified as an extra pinch of drama. "Oh god guys...Nintendo found me! I gotta bail out. Keep believing my stuff, though!"

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I guess Majin doesn't have time to read through this thread. We've already pretty much proven the Forbrawl guy is a fake, Brawl360 has already admitted in the past that he's used a BS 'uncle' story and that he did it for fun, and One Step was deconfirmed well before this latest update =/

Black/Light

Smash Master
CB never said that. . .IDK if CB can even read Japanese let alone cailm someone to be Japan's Serebii. That was one person (Rakash. . something) who said that.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
This is pretty much pointless information at this point but back in October of last year I was pretty active in serebii's chat and in one of his rare moods of being normal he mentioned that the character roster for Brawl would be between 30-40 (35 is in the middle of course). Now, for me that's a great number of characters. I don't think there needs to be a **** ton of fanservice characters like Krystal, Ridley, Geno, Sora, or Megaman (this includes fanservice that actually made it in like Sonic and Snake). And seriously, it's not like any of our opinions matter for diddly ****, we're not game developers. So, I guess whining about it just makes people look childish. I'm sure everybody wanted a 150 character roster like freaking Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 3, but if you notice 90% of those characters really sucked in comparison to the rest, and it's that kind of imbalance that a smaller roster can help avoid.

Not like anyone will listen, but whatever.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much pointless information at this point but back in October of last year I was pretty active in serebii's chat and in one of his rare moods of being normal he mentioned that the character roster for Brawl would be between 30-40 (35 is in the middle of course). Now, for me that's a great number of characters. I don't think there needs to be a **** ton of fanservice characters like Krystal, Ridley, Geno, Sora, or Megaman (this includes fanservice that actually made it in like Sonic and Snake). And seriously, it's not like any of our opinions matter for diddly ****, we're not game developers. So, I guess whining about it just makes people look childish. I'm sure everybody wanted a 150 character roster like freaking Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 3, but if you notice 90% of those characters really sucked in comparison to the rest, and it's that kind of imbalance that a smaller roster can help avoid.

Not like anyone will listen, but whatever.
Paragraphs help.

But thanks for giving us that bit of info, even if it's not necessarily true. :|

Lots of pleased fans. Lots of fans that wont be pleased.

Sounds like most games out there. No, sounds like all games out there.

We'll see. : )

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess Majin doesn't have time to read through this thread. We've already pretty much proven the Forbrawl guy is a fake, Brawl360 has already admitted in the past that he's used a BS 'uncle' story and that he did it for fun, and One Step was deconfirmed well before this latest update =/
Can I have a link to where Brawl360 admitted that he was false?

Also, same for forbrawlbattle.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
By the way, Animal Crosser has been deconfirmed in the latest Iwata Asks issue. http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/slideplayer.html?width=400&height=280&id=182

As you can see.... It clearly shows the Animal Crosser with the following statement.

"Characters like the above that do not seem plausible for them to fight will not appear." (But maybe as an item?)

Sorry all you ACer fans. (That includes myself to be honest.) :ohwell:
Yeah, me too. :ohwell: Maybe not even ACer, but at least some character to rep the AC universe. What a shame...

I find it impressive if they're balanced. 21 veteran characters (22 movesets) and 14 newcomers (17 movesets). Compared to most balanced fighting games, that's quite a lot. I expected 36 movesets, 39 not only meets my expectations - it exceeds it.

Learn to speak for yourself. I'm not a liar when I say I like this roster. Other than Tails (who stands no chance) all my top characters are in and he's thrown in characters I'd never have even expected (Pokemon Trainer looks amazing)
Don't get me wrong--balance is key. But I think you took a semi-hypocritical stance in this case. You talked down to all of those people who didn't like the roster because of who he included and who he didn't include (especially for those whose favorite character wasn't included), but here you still pointed out how all but one of your top characters made it. Just because your desires have been fulfilled doesn't mean that everyone else's have as well.

Agreed that it leaves nothing to be desired. I'm not "pumped" to go unlock characters that I can play as right now if I go downstairs and pop Melee into my Wii. Call me old-fashioned, but most--if not all!--of the unlockables should be newcomers. It makes the experience far more exciting and enjoyable.

Perhaps the roster would be a bit less contested if perhaps the order of revelations had been changed, i.e. not so many veterans as unlockables. I still wouldn't like it for excluding all of the characters that I had been hoping for, but I would at least feel more satisfied with the way the roster was set up.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Also, may I add that people ignore that as much time and effort goes into creating a new Ganondorf as does a new character?
As well as Char/ Squirt/ Ivy/ Zero Suit:p
With the 35 char roster we (hopefully if Wolf/ Falco/ WW Link are uniques) get 39 move-sets. . . basically 39 characters.:chuckle:

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
could somebody please link the 35 character roaster i keep hearing about?
I would normally comb the thread to find it, but smashboards takes forever to load nowadays

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Also, may I add that people ignore that as much time and effort goes into creating a new Ganondorf as does a new character?
You can.

But they won't LISTEN.

Not to mention throwing out the possibility that a WW Link character, Ness, Luigi, etc. may have NEW movesets.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Y'know what's worse? if the 35 character roster is real, Smashboards will be filled with complaints... day and night... day and night... 'till March 09.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Y'know what's worse? if the 35 character roster is real, Smashboards will be filled with complaints... day and night... day and night... 'till March 09.
That will happen no matter the out come.
Unless this game has. . .
(all)
"Krystal
Ridley
Geno
Isaac(sp)
Masked Man
MegaMan"

. . .Theres going going to be a crap load of complaining.
And people will look at the WTF characters like ROB or the unique unexpected ones like PT as a "AWWW! theY$ TUKS MY CH@T(TER$ SPOT!!!".

It will NOT look pretty.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Can I have a link to where Brawl360 admitted that he was false?

Also, same for forbrawlbattle.
Copying and pasting:

(Brawl360)
"Yeah, the newest update is COMPLETE bogus. The guy even admitted to making a fake roster before (and also using the 'uncle' excuse).

http://www.brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3445&p=61287#p61287
http://www.brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1748&p=36394#p36394

Showing he really doesn't know what the roster is:
http://www.brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2872&p=48952#p48952

There are a few more posts, but this kid already got the attention he wanted."

If you go to his profile and click to see the posts he's made, it'll give further evidence that he's BSing it.

(Forbrawl)

Copying my post from earlier:

"Come on guys, I posted several times throughout that topic pointing out that that guy (forbrawl on Brawl Central) is just a poser. I asked him to post on the Gamespot forum to confirm his identity, and he said he would 'see what he can do' and never came back. His profile shows he hasn't logged in for the last week, so he definitely didn't try to 'see what he can do'

That post was that account's first post- it could have just as easily been someone like me reading this topic and then deciding to pose as someone else on the internet.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/forbrawlbattle/"

He actually did come back and eventually he said he "forgot his email" or something so he couldn't login. Further information is in that Brawlcentral topic.

Shortly after, another topic came up with a first time poster that claimed that 'Forbrawl' was telling the truth. That topic was locked pretty quickly, I think.

So, for Forbrawl, that's not a definite deconfirmation I guess, but I think its >98% certain it wasn't really him.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I meant to say I was copying and pasting some of my earlier posts (in "")- I'm not sure why the edit function isn't working for me.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
That's why I said I was a little biased. But even if Young Link didn't get in I would still be excited. I'm getting 17 new movesets and a LOT of crazy new features to play around with in Brawl. Characters aren't exactly what keeps me coming back, it's only what drew me in at the beginning. For example, if Young Link has a new moveset, then I'm not going to be as excited =/ It's the moveset I liked, not really the character.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
If the 35 character roster is real, there will be a backlash; but I don't think it will last long, and it will only be among people who have been following Brawl's pre-release religiously.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
That's why I said I was a little biased. But even if Young Link didn't get in I would still be excited. I'm getting 17 new movesets and a LOT of crazy new features to play around with in Brawl. Characters aren't exactly what keeps me coming back, it's only what drew me in at the beginning. For example, if Young Link has a new moveset, then I'm not going to be as excited =/ It's the moveset I liked, not really the character.
lol I agree with you. Young Link was my Main, I loved his Link moveset but quicker speed. I have to learn all new stuff now! Brawl's gonna be brutal on me for a few weeks.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want Thursday here now.

Kaiser...I'm almost over to the darkside...thanks to tonight's deconfirmation of Animal Crosser, who I considered a shoe in. :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yes, I dread the thought of Thursday--not because of the roster being confirmed or disconfirmed either way, but because of the inevitable backlash that will occur no matter WHO makes it onto the roster. Let's just hope that, if the 35-character roster (by some strange twist of fate) is NOT accurate, most (if not all) of the characters included are acceptable. :grin:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
What's odd is there was an interview last year with the team from Animal Crossing who said there were no plans for an animal crosser to be in SSBB, kind of like how Megaman was said to not be planned either. It's odd how rumors seem to defy all logic thrown at them.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember that wii-ds.com website with the supposed Ridley confirmation? I just checked it out, and when I ran it through a translator it seems like their source was full of crap and they are apologizing to everyone (they even struck out the original article). Maybe someone who knows Japanese can read it?

It seems like we're getting closer and closer to the 35...

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Fixed
Man....some **** is gonna go down in the next few days :ohwell:
All will be forgiven once we see how cool the unlockable characters' movesets are and the game gets rave review after rave review.

There's still so much of this game we haven't seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom