• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Unless serebii signed an NDA(highly doubtful or else he wouldn't need a source) he wont get sued. He would however ruin his connection with his "source". I'm just mystified as to why you would mention that you had inside info without revealing any of it. Either way the 24th is less then 2 weeks away.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
So Rapscouter predicts a Capcom representative, huh? If that was true, I'd like the rep to be Amaterasu from Okami. Aside from Mega Man and Zero, I think he best fits the smash-type environment out of Capcom's crew.

And it would be a nice way to hype Okami for the Wii when it's released.

Of course, you have to work your way around the whole cel-shaded thing, but I can only hope.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Meh, I think and hope that SuperStarship is BS. There's no K. Rool or Knuckles... but everything else is great.

mystryman150

Smash Cadet
I actually liked Super Starships roster but hey I am not getting my hopes up already was to gullible with goat boy

mystryman150

Smash Cadet
Wow I actually like Starships roster But I am not getting my Hopes up to much

Sorry for double post my computer messed up while I was posting thought my first one didnt get through

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You might as well remove Nintendrone's 5/20/2007 blog because he himself admitted that it was a fake.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Alright, since it was, I'll just delete the whole thing as if he never happened.
To my knowledge he admitted to the roster being fake not that other brawl info that I posted from May.

Seriously people on Smash Boards never know what they're talking about. Aeris, in particular.

He clearly says that the Prima guide leak was false here:

http://nintendrone.blog.com/2414170/

That post was in December and has nothing to do with the May "Fun Fact Sheet".

The May Fun Fact Sheet, he never even commented on it except saying it was indeed true. Id like you Aeris to find the link you speak of where he admits the may 07 info was false......(I asked you before but you never produced anything)

Leave it up TC. Seriously people do some research. Aeris just said it was fake because he probably heard someone say Nintendrone admitted something being fake, so he most likely assumed it was the info I posted....but its not...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well, an above poster said the Shake Smash nunchuck control update, and that TECHNICALLY has to do with motion control, so he was debunked anyway.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
To my knowledge he admitted to the roster being fake not that other brawl info that I posted from May.

Seriously people on Smash Boards never know what they're talking about. Aeris, in particular.

He clearly says that the Prima guide leak was false here:

http://nintendrone.blog.com/2414170/

That post was in December and has nothing to do with the May "Fun Fact Sheet".

The May Fun Fact Sheet, he never even commented on it except saying it was indeed true. Id like you Aeris to find the link you speak of where he admits the may 07 info was false......(I asked you before but you never produced anything)

Leave it up TC. Seriously people do some research. Aeris just said it was fake because he probably heard someone say Nintendrone admitted something being fake, so he most likely assumed it was the info I posted....but its not...
About the Goat, he did say the roster (his second attempt) was fake, but he also admitted to his original blog being a ruse too before it was deleted. He was saying how he was upset about people complaining about Dojo updates, so he wanted to inspire some hope or some BS like that.

Maybe you should do your research too. :p

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Please stop failing. Have you read Short Fuse's translation thread? Aeris is one of the best contributors there.
What have you contributed?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Well, an above poster said the Shake Smash nunchuck control update, and that TECHNICALLY has to do with motion control, so he was debunked anyway.
And? Didnt IGN say there would be no motion control when they interviewed Sakurai? So anyone with outdated info is debunked. Not to mention that info I posted he even says to things regarding motion control.

1. Multiple controls and
2. That The main game won't have motion controls.

Im just saying. Im giving you actual links to what was said. These other guys arent even giving you anything but heresay. I dont believe any of his other stuff but cmon. In that fun fact he says MP3 would be released earlier then expected then at E3 (june) it was revealed that it would be released in August.

If you believe these other guys at least get some tangible evidence instead of crap like, "well I heard he said bowser isnt in the game but look: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html
See? Theres bowser so deconfirmation right?!!!!11111"

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Considering he's in localization, shouldn't Volke411 have good vocabulary and understanding of the English language? And avoid silly errors such as spelling 'cannon' as 'canon,' or omitting commas?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
About the Goat, he did say the roster (his second attempt) was fake, but he also admitted to his original blog being a ruse too before it was deleted. He was saying how he was upset about people complaining about Dojo updates, so he wanted to inspire some hope or some BS like that.

Maybe you should do your research too. :p
Yes, because we were talking about almightygoat right? :psycho:

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
And? Didnt IGN say there would be no motion control when they interviewed Sakurai? So anyone with outdated info is debunked. Not to mention that info I posted he even says to things regarding motion control.

1. Multiple controls and
2. That The main game won't have motion controls.

Im just saying. Im giving you actual links to what was said. These other guys arent even giving you anything but heresay. I dont believe any of his other stuff but cmon. In that fun fact he says MP3 would be released earlier then expected then at E3 (june) it was revealed that it would be released in August.

If you believe these other guys at least get some tangible evidence instead of crap like, "well I heard he said bowser isnt in the game but look: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html
See? Theres bowser so deconfirmation right?!!!!11111"
Alright, I see your point. So how should I handle this guy? Should I leave him up? Also, I gave you due credit for finding him for me.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
"Prima Guide" and "Nintendrone Blog" are fake. I can vouch for Aeris as I frequent GameFAQs often.

(I know you already took it down, but I just thought I reaffirm the fact - Many people still believe both of those sources)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Volke411. Dixie Kong has already been shown as a normal collectible trophy. At most she could be an AT, but let me assure you of this: SHE WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE.

Plus, saying Tiny is a alt. custome is a big stretch.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Referrng to Volke411's comment on Zeldas new down b; Since when does Zelda have a sword?
Puppet Zelda in Twilight Princess has the move.

Volke411 is a fake for a number of reasons
1. For a person who work for the NoA he/she/it has very poor spelling.
2. He only has one blog: the "leak." He has no reason to be trusted
3. His leak was poorly organized. He skips for character to character without any sign posting.

In addition to whatever intelligent arguments someone else puts forth.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Please stop failing. Have you read Short Fuse's translation thread? Aeris is one of the best contributors there.
What have you contributed?
Hey I know what hes done and I really respect that. But this situation is what I was dealing with. Maybe I did go a little too far.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to all the possibilities of the Wiimote, the term motion control becomes highly subjective. Shaking the wiimote is apparently not motion control in Sakurai's vision, but maybe it is in others. I wouldn't use it as a measuring standard.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I see your point. So how should I handle this guy? Should I leave him up? Also, I gave you due credit for finding him for me.
Don't give me credit. Thats not what Im here for. I say just leave it up as a rumor until the game comes out. Do the same thing you did with Chaos Zero.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Don't give me credit. Thats not what Im here for. I say just leave it up as a rumor until the game comes out. Do the same thing you did with Chaos Zero.
It's not a matter of putting him up, it's more of a matter of saying he said he was wrong. If he said he was wrong, nintendrone won't be back up. But if he didn't lie about the May thing, I'll put it up.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
How about this though. Nintendrone said there would be no motion controls.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various14.html

Isn't "Shake Smash" motion control?
Did you even read the fact sheet?

1. Before E3 and the DOJO EVERYONE was told that the game wouldnt be using motion controls. Sakurai said this himself. I guess we should deconfirm sakurai right? This is almost the same deal with delays. The community is told something and Nintendo changes it. Here is the link to the IGN story about the famitsu journal where sakurai himself says exactly what nintendrone about the controls ( which is the worst argument out of all the things to debunk him on, especially since nintendrone wrote this the 20th and the IGN article was written on the 18th. Meaning, Nintendrone could have easily copied the info from here)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/709/709205p1.html

Sakurai says: "I was given the task of creating Smash Bros.," explained Sakurai. "Of course, the topic becomes, how should we use the special remote controller? During the planning stages, we gave a lot of thought to this." In the end, Sakurai and his staff decided to not go too far with the controller, in particular avoiding being new just for the sake of being new, which Sakurai worried would make the game difficult to play.

2. Nintendrone doesnt say there WONT be motion controls. He says "Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them" and "No motion-sensitive controls in main game". And like I said before Sakurai told everyone that there would be hardly any motion control so that second part is expected. Whats not expected though is that theres multiple control options which nintendrone speaks of.

Look Im not saying he real or not but hes been spot on for a few things. I think he deserves to be up there just as much as the other "leakers" especially since they have way more unbelievable info than what I posted.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Volke411...there is no such attack as Aura Power in Pokemon. Aura Sphere, yes, but not Aura Power(and the effect of the move is nothing like his description). That's not 100% confirmation that it's fake since Pikachu used Thunder Jolt(not Shock/Bolt), but for a Steel/Fighting Pokemon, that's quite an odd Final Smash. It sounds more like something a psychic Pokemon like Mewtwo would do.

That, plus his atrocious grammar, leads me to call fraud. Which is unfortunate, because Dark Samus would make me piss myself with excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom