• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Why bother? Why not wait 10 days? Why go to all this hassle for something that will be known anyway?
Cause people are obsessed here. :p I wonder what poeple here would say to you if you had info but said, "no I'm not telling, I'm gonna wait 10 days. They would practically kill you. Half the fun in these things is specualtion like this, and these types of things. Admit it, wouldn't you have loved to have a real 'prophet' all this time, updating info, so that it dosen't all get spoiled in one big blast?

And I'll tell people, if they leak this, THEY will be the ones Nintendo comes after. If they leak it, they'll oly hurt themselves, so this guy can't get hurt.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I agree with hejiru. What's the big deal about sending him a PM? It's not harassment. If he says no and you continue to beg, than sure. But asking him politely isn't a big deal. And obviously it's not a hassle to him, since he leaked info in the first place. Heck, I'd do it if I had a NeoGAF account.

If you do end up getting the info, Hejiru, please PM me!

Card

Smash Lord
So... can we dub rapscouter as being fake? or do you guys still want to hang onto his lies?

I wrote about him in my blog... he really is quite clever with his whole "3 things are lies"

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
So... That was actually a legit leak and Nintendo actually saw it and shut him up? Are Nintendo "ninjas" really watching this thread too? Hey Nintendo people, go **** yourselves. You delayed the game, let us have a ****ing leak. We want information. Know the roster ahead of time will not spoil the hype. It will make us even more hyped. Everyone on this forum is still going to buy the game regardless so why the hell are people so ****ing desperate about keeping it secret? OH NO THEY KNOW THE ROSTER! WE WILL LOSE MONIES! No. You still get all of your money, you greedy *******s, we would just know the characters and be incredibly psyched to play them. The only reason I can see is that if we know the roster and our favorite character isnt on there we might not buy the game, so if we dont know we'll buy it to see if we unlock him and when we dont its horribly disappointing but we still forked over the money. THIS would be incredibly stupid logic. Anyone who looks for leaks and whose favorite character isnt in will probably just main like Fox or Sheik or Marth or something. Everyone that will see the leak will still buy the game so WHY THE HELL IS IT SUCH A SECRET?! And if a Nintendo person is reading this to make sure no real leaks get out, go kill yourself. Jump off building or something.

Edit: Also this completely proves every single other leaker to be a fake if Nintendo hasn't gone after them.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hopefully people now understand just why Serebii can't say anything: Nintendo really DOES pay attention.

...And just in case they're paying attention right now: Claus for Brawl! :bigthumbu

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully people now understand just why Serebii can't say anything: Nintendo really DOES pay attention.

...And just in case they're paying attention right now: Claus for Brawl! :bigthumbu
NO MAMA LUIGI

I'm not crazy. :dizzy:

Sucks for that NeoGaf (or whatever) person. SHould have been more careful. We had it, but he blew it. :p Meh it was just a simple mistake.

MAMA LUIGI

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Wow, so nintendo actally took action on him. D***, we were close! If only he ad posted it right after the update confirmed his week old post. . .

And Im with Hejiru on this, there is NO harm in simply asking the guy to use you as the middle man. If he leaks than he leaks, if he says no than oh well.

And if anyone or Hejiru gets any reply from this guy than add me to the PM list. I would like to know what he was going to spill.:p

skiks

Smash Cadet
Reading this current incident shows me a lot of people are desperate for a leak. Just leave it alone.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I have to say.... Being a Nintendo Ninja would be just about the coolest job ever.....

Thats all.
Especially when you consider that we've been compiling all the leaks and putting them here....

We've been helping the Nintenjas all along! =O

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Hey guys i just found out the wtf character it is....(Sliced in half by nintendo ninja)
Aww man. Now theres blood all over the thread. Whose going to clean all this up?

=p

Seriously though, things are getting pretty heated now. It's hard to believe were so close to release and nothings made it through. This jsut proves that the Nintenjas are better than the internets Pirates. =p

Smash Ace
I'll believe any 'leaker' that does not have any statements that are disproven.

and with that, I bid you all farewell.
=2007=

Hejiru

Smash Ace
So... That was actually a legit leak and Nintendo actually saw it and shut him up? Are Nintendo "ninjas" really watching this thread too? Hey Nintendo people, go **** yourselves. You delayed the game, let us have a ****ing leak. We want information. Know the roster ahead of time will not spoil the hype. It will make us even more hyped. Everyone on this forum is still going to buy the game regardless so why the hell are people so ****ing desperate about keeping it secret? OH NO THEY KNOW THE ROSTER! WE WILL LOSE MONIES! No. You still get all of your money, you greedy *******s, we would just know the characters and be incredibly psyched to play them. The only reason I can see is that if we know the roster and our favorite character isnt on there we might not buy the game, so if we dont know we'll buy it to see if we unlock him and when we dont its horribly disappointing but we still forked over the money. THIS would be incredibly stupid logic. Anyone who looks for leaks and whose favorite character isnt in will probably just main like Fox or Sheik or Marth or something. Everyone that will see the leak will still buy the game so WHY THE HELL IS IT SUCH A SECRET?! And if a Nintendo person is reading this to make sure no real leaks get out, go kill yourself. Jump off building or something.

Edit: Also this completely proves every single other leaker to be a fake if Nintendo hasn't gone after them.

I know, we finally get a legit link, and the Nintenjas kill him.

Hey Nintenjas, if you're reading this....

__|
|||||
|||||

Im in ur internetz, flickn u off.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
This is downright silly. Nintendo is pretty ridiculous if they actually took action on this dude. Most companies couldn't give two ****s if their stuff gets leaked.

Crazy. And so close to release, too.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I should mention this in the other thread, but I'll say it here too:

One only refers to "Wario Series" NOT "WarioWARE Series." Knowing that, we open the door to the Wario Land games. Captain Syrup, anyone? ;)

perroloco

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4398-9300-3061
LOL, I am kinda late, anyone kind enough to tell me what he revealed or something?
Anything about Megaman? :D

Black/Light

Smash Master
LOL, I am kinda late, anyone kind enough to tell me what he revealed or something?
Anything about Megaman? :D
Here goes.. . .

4 days ago he made a post on Neo about how sometime this week, according to his source (the UK translator. . .which I find odd cause I think Nate does the UK too) there would be a update explaining in great detail how you do power ups in SSE. He than states that if such a update come that he would spill the other crazy things he was told by the person.

Now he said he can't leak anymore cause his source got fond out by the big N.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Here goes.. . .

4 days ago he made a post on Neo about how sometime this week, according to his source (the UK translator. . .which I find odd cause I think Nate does the UK too) there would be a update explaining in great detail how you do power ups in SSE. He than states that if such a update come that he would spill the other crazy things he was told by the person.

Now he said he can't leak anymore cause his source got fond out by the big N.

.... and I'm trying to find a way to get on NeoGaf so I can Pm him, but no luck.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I have an idea. I can't do it, because NeoGaf is an idiot. You can't sign up there unless you have a ISP email account, which I dont have, and is not free, and dont want to pay. So IF YOU HAVE A NeoGaf account READ THE FOLLOWING!:

PM this HotByCold guy and tell him:

-Nintendo can't read Private Messages, unless they are mods on this forum, which they are not, so you should be safe.
-Can you tell me what you were going to reveal, since the Sticker thing was true?
-I will not reveal your identity to anyone, I'll just calim a "secret" source.

I am doing my best to protect this from the Nintendo Ninjas, so DO NOT post what you get here, this all must be done by PMs. As soon as someone agrees to do this, I will delete this message, as they are obviosly reading these forums. PM me the message word for word, and I will figure out some way to get it to you guys without being attacked by Nintendo. Shouldn't too hard, I hope. I may simply make an alt account from another computer and (alt accounts aren't mentioned in the rules, you cant ban me, mods) and claim to have a "secret source" and make a thread telling what I know. Of course I'll liklely be called a fake and flamed and closed, but once it starts to come true, then you all will know it was me, and the info was true. (that is, unless this guy is lying).

Remember IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON NEOGAF: OR an ISP email account (then just create one on NeoGaf.)

PM this HotByCold guy and tell him:

-Nintendo can't read Private Messages, unless they are mods on this forum, which they are not, so you should be safe.
-Can you tell me what you were going to reveal, since the Sticker thing was true?

And copy the reply you get and PM it to me on this forum. I will delete this as soon as someone accepts. Hurry, before the mods/ninjas come!

Thank you.

Anybody?

WHO HAS A NEOGAF ACCOUNT OR ISP EMAIL?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I have a NeoGAF account. What's going on here?
YES! Thank you!

Ok. heres what I need you to dO:

PM thid guy that leaked, HotByCold, or something like that.

Tell him:

Actually, just read the post above, with the red text.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I don't want to PM harass some guy when we'll have all the info in two weeks when it releases in Japan. If he got in trouble for this we don't want to bother him further.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Ah, I don't want to PM harass some guy when we'll have all the info in two weeks when it releases in Japan. If he got in trouble for this we don't want to bother him further.
Read the post, he can't get into trouble, Nintendo can't read PMs. And don't bother him, just politely ask him. All you have to do is send him one PM and tell me what he said, and I'll do the rest.

D

Deleted member

Huh, so you're not going to take advantage and add to the info you yourself say you already have, huh?
I got info from someone I know in real life who offered it to me, not by harassing, or stealing from others online.

And I'm sure he's probably getting PMed by tons of people on NeoGAF. Even if I'm polite the sheer volume of PMs he's probably getting is annoying the hell out of him. I don't see a reason why we should bug this guy.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Read the post, he can't get into trouble, Nintendo can't read PMs. And don't bother him, just politely ask him. All you have to do is send him one PM and tell me what he said, and I'll do the rest.
If they asked him to not leak once, and suddenly Dojo information starts spreading, it's easy enough to track the source. It's not like the attempt to contact this person isn't stated many times throughout the last few pages of this topic or anything. It wouldn't be too difficult for Nintendo to ask for the IP of a leaker, as well as any other names that person might be on as.

I've seen it happen with other companies and other leaks, so if Nintendo REALLY wants to keep the lid on the Pandora Box that is Brawl, they could easily do this.

D

Deleted member

I believe, legally, they would be required to disclose any PMs if it was taken that far.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
If they asked him to not leak once, and suddenly Dojo information starts spreading, it's easy enough to track the source. It's not like the attempt to contact this person isn't stated many times throughout the last few pages of this topic or anything. It wouldn't be too difficult for Nintendo to ask for the IP of a leaker, as well as any other names that person might be on as.

I've seen it happen with other companies and other leaks, so if Nintendo REALLY wants to keep the lid on the Pandora Box that is Brawl, they could easily do this.
NOT IF I USE A DIFFERENT IP. There are some many prophets popping up, Nintendo wouldn't know which one is me, and furthermore, they can't know what I'm telling them, since THEY CANT READ PMS.

Deej

Smash Rookie
I don't see what legal power they have over an independant site's PMs.
They do under breach of confidence laws. When somebody breaks the confidence, not only that orginal person that, but all people who distributed it would be also be liable. Any thing communicated on a website actually counts as the public domain. You'd have the same protection if you wrote a letter.

Mess

Smash Cadet
I don't see what legal power they have over an independant site's PMs.
If Nintendo wanted to press charges, they could get a warrant to get that information. The same way MPAA can get IP's of piraters from ISPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom