• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
thealmightygoat was pretty good...i have to admit. since he is gone and we only have like 2-3 "prophets" left, i guess i will continue to read them...for fun, of course. i dont and havent trusted any prophet since they first posted their stuff days/weeks ago. maybe we might get the final roster tonight at the brawl tournament in japan? who knows. if not, i can wait till the game comes out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rapscouter shouldn't be trusted if he openly admits lying in the first place

Waytoo

Smash Rookie
i think people believed almightygoat because they wanted it to be true. (it sounded real good to me too at first, then he started being stupid. spiderman? really?)

Zevox

Smash Lord
forbrawlbattle is a very "safe" looking prophet however. He's not predicting characters or stages, it's all Assist Trophies. He seems to be doing well with almost half his list green. Either way it's no real concern because of the aforementioned safeness of his claims.
We can only wait and see.
Most of his claims are in the green because they were already announced before he made his post. No new ATs have been confirmed since then, he just included a bunch of already-known ones. On the other hand, he has a problem in that his list contains the Pak E Derm AT from the admitted-fake thealmightygoat when his post came two days after the goat's prediction of that AT. That may not deconfirm him, but it certainly constitutes evidence against him, and he has no evidence in his favor as-is, which makes me very skeptical of him.

As for rapscouter, we'll just see I suppose. Because of his 3-lies-per-post policy, its impossible to deconfirm him unless four things he posted in one chunk are proven false, which is annoying. That also makes me suspicious of him, since if hes fake it would be a clear way to make himself seem more credible than he is and make himself harder to debunk than the rest of our false prophets.

Zevox

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
ChaosZero is the one who I most believe. Now Goat is gone o.o. However.. CZ was to begin with.. the most trusted "prophet". Ah well we just have to see =3

Revven

FrankerZ
Yep, I still believe CZ and will continue to do so until proven otherwise. Falco and Wolf being in Brawl is just too awesome.

Too bad Goat was a fake, ah well.

Croco

Smash Lord
Yep, I still believe CZ and will continue to do so until proven otherwise. Falco and Wolf being in Brawl is just too awesome.

Too bad Goat was a fake, ah well.
I still think chaoszero was lucky..
AND.. he could be the 26-year-old with a myspace page..
http://www.myspace.com/chaoszero
His last logon was even on 12/28/2007.
Ironcially it was the day of the dragoon parts update..

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I don't really mind ChaosZero, he seems slightly more trustworthy than most of the other leakers, what with the slightly uncanny Dragoon prediction. Anyone who's played Kirby Air Ride would know the Hydra would have made more sense as an evil weapon of doom... the fact there's no way to edit posts on GameFAQs and the amount of witnesses on the day of his old leak helps him a lot too.

It's just his other info that has me concerned about his overall credibility, since he mentions both Falco and Wolf being in Brawl, plus the return of Ness... both of those debates are very messy ones, just directly taking part in them seems to ruin people's credibility with leaks. As much as I'd love both of those things to be true, it's too much of a gray area to completely trust.

The MySpace ChaosZero just looks like a case of mistaken identity to me. I would imagine the name ChaosZero is pretty common since both those words are usually found in internet names. Either way ChaosZero isn't as unique as almightygoat's name was, and being 26 is not as discrediting as being 15... :p

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Tingle and Birdo are in my Japanese Websites post. They are not 100% reliable of sources but they have no reason to lie. People claim to have seen them at Jump Festa.

Since you added Raiden to the list, no reason why not to put Tingle + Birdo

Croco

Smash Lord
The MySpace ChaosZero just looks like a case of mistaken identity to me. I would imagine the name ChaosZero is pretty common since both those words are usually found in internet names. Either way ChaosZero isn't as unique as almightygoat's name was, and being 26 is not as discrediting as being 15... :p
It's not that he is 26.. it's the fact he comes off as a video game nerd on his profile.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I'm not so sure about the second picture, but the first one is an easy fake since Mr. Game and Watch is probably the easiest character to photoshop into Brawl since he'd require no graphical improvement whatsoever... his LCD appearance has already been perfected, whereas any other character would just look out of place, no matter how good any kid is with photoshop.

The lineup's pretty nice, though.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
His/her post:

Please do not flame, assuming that this is fake. IT IS NOT.

I got my hands on the Super Smash Bros. Brawl guidebook!

First, my proof. A couple scans from the book. Don't ask for any more, because if I scan one for one person, then everyone will want it and I'll end up scanning the whole book, which I don't feel like doing.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/smashhero1111/index-characters.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/smashhero1111/Sonicairattacks.jpg

Here, I have the complete Roster. I was surprised at first, but grew to like it. It has 45 characters, and I can't exactly tell where the break between unlockables and starters is.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Diddy Kong
Samus
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Ice Climbers
Pikmin & Olimar
Lucas
King Dedede
Sonic
Snake
Mr. Game and Watch
Captain Falcon
Ness
Wolf
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr.
Luigi
Marth
Animal Crosser
Mii
Jigglypuff
K. Rool
Falco
Eliwood
Ridley
Krystal
Sukapon
Midna
Ganondorf
Black Shadow
Isaac
Geno

I've been looking at the stage selection. can't name them all, so I'll describe some. There's 53 of them.

Delfino Plaza
Maio Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Some Hill with Stars
Rainbow Ride
Mushroom Kingdom I (Redisigned)
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi Story
Yoshi's Island (Past)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Some kind of Pokemon Cave. Victory Road, perhaps?
Saffron City
Eldin Bridge
Temple of Time
Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Castle
Halberd
A Kirby Mountain, bears the DDD Emblem.
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Rumble Falls
Gangplank Galleon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Some Location in Metroid Prime 2, involves Dark and Light aspects.
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise
Sauria
Corneria
Mute City (Redesigned)
Some F-Zero Level, lots of Lightning.
Big Blue
Castle Siege
Some Fire Emblem Location, looks older.
Some Plains... Bandits occasionally attack.
New Pork City
Some Mother City, it's covered in Neon lights.
Onett
The Summit
Skyworld
Smashville
Impact Site
A red building from Golden Sun
WarioWare
No Idea... loks like some Robot Fighting Arena?
Pictochat
Flatzone
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Battlefield
Final Destination
A new Stage, seems like a blend of Battlefield and Final Destination...

I cannot reveal everything, as I'm practically going by pictures alone. I hope you can understand.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Those "scans" look photoshopped. And notice G&W is in the exat same pose he uses in melee while standing there.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I call fake on account of no Lucario. Ten-to-one, Serebii is going to call fake because of the distinct lack of Lucario in there. Plus it looks like a very safe dream roster to me.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Awww...thealmightygoat was debunked =\

I was really liking his ideas too and he seemed to be one of the most believable prophets cause he wasn't so cocky and stupid.

Oh well...I don't know anymore.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Why is it whenever people on forums are talking about pictures, the links never work for me?

Someone mind re-upping them or something?

*edit*

nvm, I got 'em. They look disappointingly fake.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Awww...thealmightygoat was debunked =\

I was really liking his ideas too and he seemed to be one of the most believable prophets cause he wasn't so cocky and stupid.

Oh well...I don't know anymore.
Same with me. He was the only one I believed.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
Running the japanese in the move names through a translator show that they make even less sense than a direct translation of REAL move names. It's like the dude just randomly slammed together some japanese characters.

Shenanigans, I say.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Any list that dosen't have Lucario on it does not get my approval.
So it's instantly a fake just because your favorite character isn't in? Heh, it's not like I even said it was a perfect lineup anyway... I doubt Smash Brothers will ever get a perfect lineup, considering how much there is to pick from.

It doesn't matter in the end, since it's quite fake for more reasons than there being no Lucario. The scans look quite sloppy in my opinion, especially since Lucas and Snake are cut off, and Game and Watch is totally easy to photoshop onto a Brawl lineup. Also, the topic creator is now 'at work' so he's probably just making a hasty escape.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
So it's instantly a fake just because your favorite character isn't in? Heh, it's not like I even said it was a perfect lineup anyway... I doubt Smash Brothers will ever get a perfect lineup, considering how much there is to pick from.
I said 'dosent get my approval' meaning I don't like it, not that it isint real. (Although this guy is a fake anyway.)

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I said 'dosent get my approval' meaning I don't like it, not that it isint real. (Although this guy is a fake anyway.)
Woops, my mistake... well at least we can both agree that this little 'leak' needs to be swiftly forgotten about. Who would have thought photographic evidence could lead to a leaker's downfall? (Photos from the leaker himself, that is)

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
If the only reason for almightygoat's debunking is Zelda's DownB move, he can now be de-deconfimred sicne "Twilight Change" was made up by BrawlCentral's sources. Her DownB is the only attack not listed of the cards.

Fans of the Goat, rejoice!

...Unless there was another reason I missed?

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
If the only reason for almightygoat's debunking is Zelda's DownB move, he can now be de-deconfimred sicne "Twilight Change" was made up by BrawlCentral's sources. Her DownB is the only attack not listed of the cards.

Almightygoat himself confessed himself he was a fake, if you look at his recent blog post... I think that's a pretty important reason for him now being officially debunked, don't you? :laugh:

rusashi

Smash Apprentice

Maybe him making a giant post that everything he said was a lie?

Just maybe :)

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I think this just goes to prove that we can't trust anything other than the Dojo right now. At best, thealmightygoat's speculations DID sound plausible. I wouldn't be surprised if a handful of them were actually correct.
I said this like 3 times in the last 15 pages, even BEFORE he admitted to be lying... none of these guys are truthful, let's just drop it.

Ragzito

Smash Rookie
Those "scans" look photoshopped. And notice G&W is in the exat same pose he uses in melee while standing there.
Ya, and the background/color scheme of the scans seems to be pretty dark, much more in line with melee's color scheme than the brighter/whiter scheme brawl's been going for.

Revven

FrankerZ
I still think chaoszero was lucky..
AND.. he could be the 26-year-old with a myspace page..
http://www.myspace.com/chaoszero
His last logon was even on 12/28/2007.
Ironcially it was the day of the dragoon parts update..
Honestly, you can't assume it's him. There's lots of people on the internet with the same name, hell, even smk is a commonly used username. It's just a mere coincidence and I really don't think it matters right now. If he's wrong, he's wrong oh well, doesn't hurt me really.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough. =P Excuse ME for being a bit slow today. x]

A new topic, now. To hide my idocy. <.< >.> <.<

My uncle's best friend has a cousin who knows someone from their old primary school who has a Japanese pen-pal, who happens to be the nephew of Sakurai's step-brother, who found out that Isaac, Ridley, Phoenix Wright and The Ancient Minister are all in Brawl as PLAYABLE CHARACTERS! There are 80 characters altogether, with every franchise, including 3rd parties, having four characters at least, and a stage for each one. Which I think totals to about 100 stages, with Battlefield, Final Destination, and past stages.

Don't flame be because I'm beautiful. And you'll look stupid when it all comes true! :lick:

That was all made up BTW. Just goes to show how easy it is.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Since when have you thought we can trust anyone about Brawl info?

Only the Dojo and whatever comes out of Sakurai's mouth should be taken as truth.

Also, the goat was very entertaining, and I'm glad he kept me from getting bored by making these fake updates. Truly fun.
I don't recall ever saying I thought we could trust anyone other than the Dojo. Don't put words in my mouth please. :) I said that this proves that we any sources other than the Dojo should be trusted.

But yes, thealmightygoat's updates were actually very entertaining. And like I said, they didn't seem too far-fetched, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets at least a couple things right.

edit: haha nice job with the image properties. I never would've thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom