• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Even ignoring that, 'pikmin throwing him up in the air' is NOT Olimar's recovery.
So what will Olimar do? Climb the Pikmins like a ladder? doesn't sound logic.

I don't even get why people are playing devil advocate here: HE ADMITTED HE WAS FAKE. He had no idea what Snake's FS was when asked right before the update, and flat out goofed up on what Zelda's FS is. You can't try and say that 'Arrows of Light = Goddesses'
True, however, i'm not saying he's not fake, i'm saying the Light arrows thing don't debunk him. We don't even know how Zelda's FS works, we just know it involves a light arrow.

Though Goat's idea's a pretty nifty, but Falcon as a secret seems unlikely)
So far, it's the only "logical" explanation as to why, neither Jiggs, Luigi or the Cap'n have been shown.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
So what will Olimar do? Climb the Pikmins like a ladder? doesn't sound logic.
That... That has nothing to do with what I said. You're entailed to think that the 'real' recovery move is illogical, but that doesn't change the fact that Olimar making a chain out of Pikmin is NOT what FFZ said. Again, Pikmin throwing him up into the air does NOT equal 'Pikmin Chain'. If you already agree he's a fake, then why are you bothering to argue that we don't have enough evidence to stop believing him? Complete waste of time.

Also, several of the character reveals on the Dojo have been that logical. Why was Meta Knight delayed until several previously unknown newcomers were updated, even though we knew about him since Day 1? (And funnily enough, people started suggesting that he was secret because his reveal was being delayed for so long.) Why did Yoshi's music and stage update come several months before his actual reveal? Looking too far into these things lends to some pretty outlandish claims. Granted, Falcon being a secret isn't THAT outlandish given the circumstances, but, especially for a 'leaker', it's a pretty ballsy thing to claim considering his popularity and previous starter status.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Because i have a lot of time to waste? Aniway, i bet that the Pikmin throw Olimar up, just like this guy said, like the IC upB. Also, we don't know if Metaknight is a Starter or not, Sakurai said he would reveal secret characters in the dojo before the game came out.

Also, we also know about Snake since day 1 and he's unlockable.

User33

Smash Journeyman
He's fake, 100%. He admitted to being fake, and got Olimer's recovery wrong, the Pikmin do not throw him up in the air.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Considering how I've seen this moveset proposed for Olimar for what must be the longest time (some went even as far as predicting the properties of the pikmin itself, which is more than Sultan did), it hardly makes me think Sultan may be telling the truth after all, as it seems anyone who knew squat about Olimar saw this coming a mile off. Also, he may have predicted Olimars moveset, but he couldn't get Squirtles one last move right (which is odd, as I thought everyone and their do expected it to be water gun as opposed to bubble). Really, everything to seems to point educated guessing on his part, and while he couldn't ever get Alexandra Roivas' name right for his own life, he has shown that he has at the very least done a lot of research into all this.

Regarding the light arrows, it wasn't so much that they proed he was wrong that showed he was a liar (though the pic makes it really hard to believe that anyone who genuinely knew Zelda's FS would simply forget to mention the light arrows). It's how he reacted when he was pressured, he didn't even bother giving trying to explain how even though he 'knew' the FS that he had glossed over a part of it, and in a roundabout way admitted that he was lying. The way he handled himself regarding the situation is really what proved he was lying, not the fact that he incorrectly guessed Zelda's FS.

Regardless, the fact that he said that every character has an alt costume is a pretty clear indication that he's full of it, and that's not even taking into account the crappy choices he gave some characters, especially concerning characters that practically screamed out far more obvious and better alts.

Edit: okay, I've read through FFS' moves for Olimar and I think a lot of people are overplaying his accuracy.

Olimars attack involved whipping the pikmin around
This was revealed in the first screenshots of Olimar, and I'm fairly certain that FFS didn't even mention Olimar until his update, and he definitely didn't talk about his moves before it. This wasn't even a prediction.

throwing them
While this wasn't revealed until today, it was incredibly obvious. Everyone expected him to do this.

and more.
Wow. Such mazing depth into a character, though I guess that's to be expected from someone who's clearly played the game >_>.

You also have a special which calls them back to you.
Practically every Olimar moveset I've seen had this move. Guess all those guys are in the know too, huh?

Depending on the color and the attack you perform it varies.
No ****, really? I think anybody could guess that the different pikmin weren't just there for aesthetic purposes. And he really is being so vague on this you can hardly say he predicted anything.

His recovery move involves his pikmin throwing him up in the air. The more you have, the more you can recover.
Now this I can understand getting interested about, but even then it's vague and not entirely accurate (so he forgets to mention the Pikmin chain and Zelda's light arrows, yeah, sure). Not to mention that Sakurai had heavily implied that Olimar is hugely dependent on his pikmin, so the fact that his recovery is dependent on them isn't that surprising. Also, he had already made Olimars other most viable recovery (his Ship) the FS, so regarding that, this isn't much of a stretch if he wants to remain consistent.

Yeah, now that I look over this, this really doesn't aspire any confidence in him, just affirm my suspicions that he's just a lucky guesser.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm NOT putting FForceSultan back up, since he got BOTH Charizard (whom he said was "breathing fire left and right, but up...") and Squirtle wrong (he said Bubble when it is Water Gun.)

Am in the process of putting thealmightygoat's update in.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I think thealmightygoat screwed himself when talking about Charizards Up Special.

There is an attack called Air Slash, it was introduced in the 4th gen(i.e. Diamond and Pearl), and Charizard can use it.

However Charizard can't use Air Cutter.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm not calling a deconfirmed on Charizard, since I don't think goat or his source are avid PKMN fans like you and I, so they might have gotten the names screwed up.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What about the whole 'pikmin whip' attack that has been claimed by NyaseNya? Looks like he got 1 down.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Does anyone have NyaseNya's prophecy? If it hasn't already been de-confirmed, I'll add it. But ONLY if it hasn't been deconfirmed. I need a date of when it was posted as well.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I didn't read the english update on Olimars special attacks, but in german it says "whip" on the up special...

Oh well, I just read it in english:

"The recovery distance for this technique is dependent upon the number of Pikmin currently in your troop!"

In german it says "the range/distance of the whip...".

So it looks like he was (maybe) right, but I think NyaseNya already had some diconfirmations...

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Why did you call Dr. Eggman "Robotnik"? :rolleyes: He even said EGGMAN, not Robotnik. He's been called Eggman now for a long time. Even though his real name is Ivo Robotnik, he's always called Eggman.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I dunno...I always called him Robotnik, and thought Eggman was a stupid name. Anyways, I'll change it if it makes you uncomfortable :D

Elysium

Smash Lord
Why did you call Dr. Eggman "Robotnik"? :rolleyes: He even said EGGMAN, not Robotnik. He's been called Eggman now for a long time. Even though his real name is Ivo Robotnik, he's always called Eggman.
It's like calling Bowser, King Koopa. To this day my sister still refuses to call him Bowser. Or like Princess Toadstool and (Princess) Peach. I look at it like the different pronunciations of Tomato. Some say it one way, others another way but we all understand what is meant.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm not calling a deconfirmed on Charizard, since I don't think goat or his source are avid PKMN fans like you and I, so they might have gotten the names screwed up.
But his source CHECKED the name! Again! Granted, this is all operating under the (fictional) condition that there truly is a source, but still. I really want a scan of that card now...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I guess noone would believe me if I said I guessed all FOUR of Olimar's specials exactly before they were announced.

Except I thought whistle would be neutral B.
And pulling them from the ground would be down B.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Hopefully, Brawl Central will have it up by the end of the day, so we can truly see what's going on here.

Personally, all names aside, IF the attack's function is as he says, I'm not calling a deconfirmed until something else is deconfirmed, honestly. His source could be wrong about the name too...

(Maybe I really want to believe him. That's kinda what it takes to make a thread like this, I guess)

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
i could believe you, but its pretty obvious for anyone who
predicted pikman and olimar. i mean, what else could he
do and if so its probably his final smash?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I didn't read the english update on Olimars special attacks, but in german it says "whip" on the up special...

Oh well, I just read it in english:

"The recovery distance for this technique is dependent upon the number of Pikmin currently in your troop!"

In german it says "the range/distance of the whip...".

So it looks like he was (maybe) right, but I think NyaseNya already had some diconfirmations...
Remember the "other" delay in America? He also says the roster only has 35 characters, and that the Brawl disc is dual layered. Yeah, he has made it to where in order to disprove him the game has to be out.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Does anyone realize that Charizard learns Air SLASH and not Air CUTTER in the games?

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it's a good point to be made. Sure, Sakurai can give the characters whatever the hell he wants but he's been pretty good about at least sticking to what makes sense as far as Pokemon goes. Air Slash is logical; Air Cutter is never and has never been in Charizard's repertoire. So calling it Air Slash even if it has the name Air Cutter isn't a huge mistake. It's actually even MORE logical.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Does anyone realize that Charizard learns Air SLASH and not Air CUTTER in the games?

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it's a good point to be made. Sure, Sakurai can give the characters whatever the hell he wants but he's been pretty good about at least sticking to what makes sense as far as Pokemon goes. Air Slash is logical; Air Cutter is never and has never been in Charizard's repertoire. So calling it Air Slash even if it has the name Air Cutter isn't a huge mistake. It's actually even MORE logical.
I am not concerneced about the Goat right now, I have NyaseNya in my crosshairs of "disconfirmination." That is my word, no stealing.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace

Actually, it's pretty funny that you say that, since for all we know, Air Cutter was gonna be named Air Slash, but maybe Sakurai called it Air Cutter, since old school Pokemon fans who've never picked up a game past RBY might think Air Slash implies that Charizard is swiping at the air with his claws (like the regular Slash)...Air Cutter is a more accurate name, if you think about almightygoat's description...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Actually, it's pretty funny that you say that, since for all we know, Air Cutter was gonna be named Air Slash, but maybe Sakurai called it Air Cutter, since old school Pokemon fans who've never picked up a game past RBY might think Air Slash implies that Charizard is swiping at the air with his claws (like the regular Slash)...Air Cutter is a more accurate name, if you think about almightygoat's description...
Possibly, but Air Slash fits the description of Goat's move better regardless. Air Cutter is meant to be like... "blades of wind" that cut the opponent. And it's not in Charizard's movelist. Not yet has there been a Pokemon with an unlearnable move in their Smash moveset.

That said, let's just wait for the move description to clear the air.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Sakurai trying to be more accurate with Pokemon moves though?

The other Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon have moves they can actually know. Why Charizard would be different?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I have no idea. Maybe because Charizard attacking into the air and then flying is hard to pin an exact move on? (Don't say FLY, it's the opposite...Charizard must be flying already then attacking to do that)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Isn't Sakurai trying to be more accurate with Pokemon moves though?

The other Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon have moves they can actually know. Why Charizard would be different?
Sounds like it. Ivysaur and Squirtle only have moves that they can learn, so I dunno why Charizard would be an exception to the rule-of-sorts.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well...Mewtwo couldn't learn Teleport in Melee, all I'm saying is that...actually...I don't know what I'm saying. I have no idea who's right anymore (except Sakurai :D)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yep no one is right except Sakurai, I do not believe anyone FULLY knows what is 100% in this game other than Sakurai, the developers and the translators. Everyone else probably gets half the game.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I guess noone would believe me if I said I guessed all FOUR of Olimar's specials exactly before they were announced.

Except I thought whistle would be neutral B.
And pulling them from the ground would be down B.
A lot of people did, his moveset was pretty predictable. I remember I made him a moveset and it was really close to his real one.

Which is another good point. Goat's stuff is either really out there and really specific or really general that anyone could guess.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well...Mewtwo couldn't learn Teleport in Melee, all I'm saying is that...actually...I don't know what I'm saying. I have no idea who's right anymore (except Sakurai :D)
RBY, TM30. Mewtwo CAN learn Teleport in that case, just like Pikachu learned Skull Bash in the same generation. ;)

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
FFS have just delete his newest post. (about Zeldas Final Smash and more...)
I'm starting to realise that he fakes.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
He already admitted he was a fake.

Also, we all suspected him after the DAWN OF A THOUSAND ALT. COSTUMES.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's also fairly basic. But good find. We're always open to more leisure reading. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom