• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nice collection. I have a first print Villager as well. I got mine before they even became rare.
I notice my Ike is the new print, I bet it's impossible to find the old print of Ike.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I posted the 3rd results of the hacked amiibo.
I was only going to post the 5th results on this thread but the miiverse admins removed part one off of miiverse (Really expected that) and so I will have to be careful posting these. I'll still put them up, the process will be slower as I go around the issue.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Anyone know whats going on for the Mii Fighter 3 Pack in Canada?

Best evidence suggests November 20th, but no retailer confirmed.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Do amiibos learn techniques on their own? Because my fully trained Little Mac Amiibo knows how to do the roll-canceled grab ,which I could barely do nor do I recall the cpu doing it.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If anyome has any suggestions on how to organize my display cases (will be getting 2 more) i'll take it into consideration they're rather sloppy at the moment.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I managed to get around the issue (for now at least). Pretty much renamed the video once it was posted on youtube. What I'm about to show may be important to amiibo owners.

Now I'll go ahead and skip to part 5 on hacked fox amiibo.
Hacked amiibos can indeed handle 1v2 unfed amiibo fights sometimes, almost guaranteed to win if team attack is on. Don't expect hacked amiibos to take on 2 of your most powerful normal amiibos.

Here is a bonus,
Some of you may heard of my Fire Ball, being one of my best amiibos. Looking at this make it seem that hacked amiibos are too powerful for 1 normal amiibo to handle.

Well...
You probably know Lugy from way back. 2nd amiibo I ever owned and to this day, still holds on at being the best. It's crazy how Lugy is still able to handle situations that seem harder and harder. So what does this mean? No, Lugy is not hacked at all. His stats are not even halfway high as Big Boss, but somehow, Lugy takes him down. I guess what this means is that you don't need to hack an amiibo for it to be powerful and a normal amiibo can still take it down. Sure, you may have seen Big Boss take out 2 unfed amiibos at once and take down Lugy's rival. This isn't the only time Lugy won. In fact, he won most of the battles. Honestly, What Lugy did here did change my opinion about hacked amiibos.

Hacked amiibos are powerful, you can still have a challenge on 2v1s depending on what character you play as and team attack is on. They're not god-like like some mods for brawl. It's even possible to beat them on your own, I've did it with doc. But here's the question, is buying something like powersave to hack amiibos worth it? Probably not. Hacked amiibos are pretty much not allowed in amiibo tournaments anyway and even for some reason they are, a normal amiibo can take it down so you are probably better off training a normal amiibo. Possibilities of matchups like 1v3 level 9 cpus or 1v2 amiibos are nothing too exciting and really is rare especially depending of what amiibos. There isn't much more you can work with than a normal amiibo. They do seem more capable handling more than 1 opponent than any normal amiibo, but the skill of 1v1 is anyone's game.

At the end of the day, Lugy, the destroyer of gods shows that hacked amiibos are not too powerful. I do have fun with 2v1s with team attack on but there isn't much exciting other than that. Still will leave it hacked and maybe play against it with my other amiibos or friends just for fun. Other than that, your amiibo should just be fine the way it is and I wouldn't recommend hacking it unless you REALLY want to do a crazy battle like a 2v1, then be my guest.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so i finally got my mii fighters amiibos. all i have left is mewtwo and falco left until the rest of the DLC amiibos are out. so all in all, i have 50 amiibos! i'll post a picture of them later once i get my amiibo display stand later this week.

also bought the light blue yarn yoshi amiibo cause he's so adorable!

D

Deleted member

I got a Shulk amiibo yesterday! I now have 8 in total. All I really now is :4myfriends:and :4feroy:and I'll be pretty much done. Maybe some others won't hurt but those two are the ones I still really want.
I'll probably take a picture of my updated collection later.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I got the Mii Fighter amiibos. I think the Mii amiibos are not popular just like the retro amiibos. I went to the store at noon and there were still about 20 packs left. At least I didn't have to wait in line at 5 AM.

Of all the Smash characters, I don't have amiibos of :4villager::4falco::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:. I am very close to completing the Smash amiibo collection. :awesome:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm planning to buy :4rob::4gaw::4duckhunt::4mewtwo:, I want buy them individually this time.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
so i finally got my mii fighters amiibos. all i have left is mewtwo and falco left until the rest of the DLC amiibos are out. so all in all, i have 50 amiibos! i'll post a picture of them later once i get my amiibo display stand later this week.

also bought the light blue yarn yoshi amiibo cause he's so adorable!
My collection also currently has 50 amiibo's.
...Hopefully 56 by the end of the Month! Lol

Then I can relax until 2016 for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu.

Part of my eagerness to know what character will be the next DLC is to know what Amiibo will be coming out too.

Now that the Smash collection is winding down, I used to dread the idea of Koopaling amiibo, but now i'm kind of open to the idea. I wonder if they did do it, how would they package them? One big limited edition pack, individually, in various combo packs, or maybe even cards.

Perhaps even an Alph amiibo would get thrown into the mix.

Gender Bent 3 Pack: Female Robin, Female Villager, Male Wii Fit Trainer

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
My collection also currently has 50 amiibo's.
...Hopefully 56 by the end of the Month! Lol

Then I can relax until 2016 for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu.

Part of my eagerness to know what character will be the next DLC is to know what Amiibo will be coming out too.

Now that the Smash collection is winding down, I used to dread the idea of Koopaling amiibo, but now i'm kind of open to the idea. I wonder if they did do it, how would they package them? One big limited edition pack, individually, in various combo packs, or maybe even cards.

Perhaps even an Alph amiibo would get thrown into the mix.

Gender Bent 3 Pack: Female Robin, Female Villager, Male Wii Fit Trainer
i wouldn't mind the gender swaps for the smash amiibo but man would that be a pain for the koopalings. also for the future DLC i'm very eagered as well. i want isaac, king k roll, and wolf to make it as well as the inklings to have their official smash amiibo. that would be so cool!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i wouldn't mind the gender swaps for the smash amiibo but man would that be a pain for the koopalings. also for the future DLC i'm very eagered as well. i want isaac, king k roll, and wolf to make it as well as the inklings to have their official smash amiibo. that would be so cool!
I hope for Inkling the most.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
I now have the Mii Fighter Pack (:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:). So all that is left for me this year in terms of Smash amiibo is :4robinm::4lucina::4mewtwo:and:4falco:, and out of the four, the only one I'll do my best not to get for Christmas is :4mewtwo:. Here is a picture of the three:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I now have the Mii Fighter Pack (:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:). So all that is left for me this year in terms of Smash amiibo is :4robinm::4lucina::4mewtwo:and:4falco:, and out of the four, the only one I'll do my best not to get for Christmas is :4mewtwo:. Here is a picture of the three:
I am only planning to buy Brawler so far.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
finally got my amiibo display stand! behold!

50 amiibos! from the bottom row up:

1st row: Kirbster, Yoshster, Marister, Pikaster, Linkster, Didster, Luister, Peachsta, Samsta, Donkster, Foxster.

2nd row: Zelsta, Bowster, Falconster, Shulkster, Toonster, Sheiksta, Ikester, Megaster, Sonicster, Dededester, Pitster.

3rd row: Pacster, Nesster, Warister, Metaster, Charizster, Wii Fitsta, Marthster, Greninster, Jigglysta, Macster, Villaster.

4th row: Lucarster, Lucinsta, Robinster, Rosalinsta, Pittooster, Zerosta, Palutensta, Ganonster, Olister, Bowster Jr., Waster.

5th row: Gamester, Huntster, Robster, Brawlster, Gunsta, Swordster.

Only 5 left of the current roster!

D

Deleted member

I wonder if hacked amiibo can be reverted to 0 added stats all around? As in, no hidden stats.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Apparently :4myfriends:will be exclusive to Gamestop on Black Friday. With how good the stock with exclusives has been lately, I actually have a chance to get my (other) main. :bee: Good thing too, I was considering asking it for Christmas.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Does anyone know a good app (free) for keeping tabs on amiibo? I have two downloaded, and both seem crappy. With these Animal Crossing cards I surely cannot mentally keep tabs on which I have and which I do not.

Also, I never got back to the picture I tried to post here (the duo). I still think Smyths appears to have a much better stock, based on, quite frankly, every picture of Smyths I've ever seen.
Hello all! Here is the average Times Sq Nintenzone. The first picture. No rates and usually restock is horrid for them.

Around the corner, full selection. Ridiculous prices. Second photo....okay it's too big. I'll resize and post, if a mod could please merge after.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
...I kinda want a Giga Bowser and Giga Mac amiibo... On a mega yarn yoshi level.

I want an Alph amiibo with purple and white pikmin on it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Today I finally got Villager amiibo!

That means Wave 1 is now complete!!! That also means I currently have all the released Smash amiibos!!!

Can't wait for the rest to come out. :4falco::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Okay, so I have a question about Amiibo Training:

Which is better:Trainig amiibos with top and high tiers, characters you main or secondary, one or two speafic archetypes that have no top or high tier version, and themself, or training with just your main or secondaries?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sadly I was unable to get a Villager amiibo today. Ah well, next time. Alternatively since so many were released I may be able to just pick one up off Amazon since they'll undoubtedly be cheaper now.

Seriously, if any characters need restocks, it's Samus, Kirby, Robin, and Lucina. They're arguably the rarest for Smash at this point as they've never gotten restocks. It also doesn't help that I still need three out of those four. :p

Mega Man and Wario, as well as the other Kirby characters, could use one too, but not as badly as those guys.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Sadly I was unable to get a Villager amiibo today. Ah well, next time. Alternatively since so many were released I may be able to just pick one up off Amazon since they'll undoubtedly be cheaper now.

Seriously, if any characters need restocks, it's Samus, Kirby, Robin, and Lucina. They're arguably the rarest for Smash at this point as they've never gotten restocks. It also doesn't help that I still need three out of those four. :p

Mega Man and Wario, as well as the other Kirby characters, could use one too, but not as badly as those guys.
kirby and samus need a restock?! sheesh, what has happened here?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
kirby and samus need a restock?! sheesh, what has happened here?
The same thing that happened to Fox, only slower. Lots of Wave 1 characters didn't get restocks. If that's not sorted soon, DK of all characters may join them, from what I've been seeing.

Which sucks too since I still need Samus. :p

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Okay, so I have a question about Amiibo Training:

Which is better:Trainig amiibos with top and high tiers, characters you main or secondary, one or two speafic archetypes that have no top or high tier version, and themself, or training with just your main or secondaries?
Usually a variety is the best way. You want to start off with the same character for basics. Eventually, use other characters so it would have some knowledge about other characters. Only go back with the same character for things like re teaching combos or something. I don't think tiers would play a big role for amiibos so I don't think playing against it with a high tier would do much. I probably recommend using a main if you want ilto show your best.
I wonder if hacked amiibo can be reverted to 0 added stats all around? As in, no hidden stats.
Yes they can. Powersave has a slider to change the stats from -200 to 200.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Can powersaves take your Amiibo all the way to level 50 without training?
Yes, but they will still fight as if they're level 1. It eventually picks up quicker than normal training, but I recommend going through training normally than doing that.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I was curious about the whole deal with the Mewtwo amiibo, since i've been hearing rumors.

Is it gonna be sold by itself, or in a Three pack or something? Also, can anyone clarify if it's gonna be Exclusive or if it's available to all retailers? Thanks again!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was curious about the whole deal with the Mewtwo amiibo, since i've been hearing rumors.

Is it gonna be sold by itself, or in a Three pack or something? Also, can anyone clarify if it's gonna be Exclusive or if it's available to all retailers? Thanks again!
In the US, it's a single, not a three pack, and is not exclusive.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'm planning to get a Villager amiibo this month.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm feeling kind of nervous about the Mewtwo amiibo. Aside from Ryu, he's the only upcoming SSB one (at the moment) that I'm looking forward to, but apparently (at least, according to their twitter accounts) neither Walmart or Toys R Us will be getting Mewtwo in Canadian stores on Friday.

I'll still go regardless and hope that they're mistaken, but the release date's been consistently listed as November 13th for months now, so I don't know what's going on.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Looking forward to grabbing the Mewtwo amiibo tomorrow. All of the stores in my area are getting at least 30 of him, so that's cool.

I have most of the Smash amiibo (only missing Meta Knight, Sonic, and Zero Suit Samus), but almost all of mine are out of the box.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Lucas' amiibo has been officially shown off! Gold Mario is heading to Japan! Gold Mega Man and Wolf Link amiibo Confirmed! Cloud (from Final Fantasy 7) amiibo practically confirmed!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Lucas' amiibo has been officially shown off! Gold Mario is heading to Japan! Gold Mega Man and Wolf Link amiibo Confirmed! Cloud (from Final Fantasy 7) amiibo practically confirmed!
Too bad they didn't reveal any info about the Shovel Knight amiibo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For once I can't think of what to change the title to. So much Amiibo news.

Lucas has been confirmed for Japan on December 17th, looks like I'll be importing him as well.

Golden Mega Man seems very tempting...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
According to Nintendo the entire Smash roster will receive an amiibo... I guess Cloud will.
Oh god, I need to decide now if I want to collect pokemon amiibo cards... I don't think I have it in me.

Golden Megaman, please don't have a Smash base, it may not because it'll function differently from the current Megaman amiibo, unlocking different stuff in the game...

Top Bottom