• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's been a long ass while since I posted **** in here. Any amiibo restocks recently that I've missed out on?

Plus, the Falco amiibo is still on my wishlist.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's been a long *** while since I posted **** in here. Any amiibo restocks recently that I've missed out on?

Plus, the Falco amiibo is still on my wishlist.
Man, why is he the last one? My brother wants to get him too.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I have a feeling Falco was aimed at coming out around Star Fox Zero.

But since it got delayed, we have Falco last now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is the Falco amiibo still coming out on the same day deapite Star Fox Zero getting delayed?
Yep. IIRC, the same date as planned was added to store systems recently, along with Mewtwo.

Lester Roquefort

Smash Rookie
NNID
LesterRoquefort
You can make your Amiibo Destroyer of Worlds, by A: fighting him with different characters so that it learns to adapt and fight differently, B: letting it fight in FFAs is a good way to get it to learn, and C: letting it fight other Amiibo, although I'm starting to question the effectiveness of that method because my Mario absolutely wrecks my Luigi whenever they fight. Though, I do treat him a little bit better than the latter.
So... i have to personally fight my Pikachu to get him to be smarter? I'm thinking that personal training is better than Amiibo VS Amiibo, because my Pikachu is as dumb as a sack of peanuts and i only Amiibo trained him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently deleted the data from all of my amiibos and start over from scratch without feeding them any equipment. Plus I'm thinking training my amiibos using the same character as the amiibo itself.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think I'm going to try my luck at my local Best Buy to see if there is a Captain Falcon amiibo available. He's the only one I really care about at this point.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I finally have another amiibo in my "collection".

My friend just gave me his Duck Hunt amiibo as an early birthday gift after we had been talking about me paying him the retail price for a single amiibo.

Now I have Bowja and *Insert name here*.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I went to GameStop this morning and I noticed they still have the 3-amiibo sets of R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch and Duck Hunt on sale. Never thought they would be this common and I never thought I would see an Olimar amiibo too. I didn't buy him still because I don't need him.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Just letting you guys know, Falco is available on Best Buy's website for preorder now for 5 hours so far so the stock should be good.

I preorder it but considering how much I have right now, my mom won't let me open it til Christmas ;_; .

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I decided to train one of my 30th anniversary mario amiibo (modern one). I let my friend train the classic one. We did an all nighter with the training as I did a few matches with my amiibo, he did his matches with the amiibo, and eventually the 2 amiibos fight each other.

Surprisingly, my friend's amiibo (really mine though) was superior than mine even though he is far less skilled to me. His amiibo was leveling up higher even though he almost lost to the amiibo at level 7 and started losing in about 36. For me, I usually beat the crap out of the amiibo. My friend's amiibo was also leveling up faster than mine.

The stats for my friend's amiibo was focused on attack and some defense.

Mine was focused on defense mostly because my friend took all the attack equipment with no special effects.

His amiibo manage to beat mine all the time but then, it happened. The final battle, both are level 50, it was a close match but mine won in the end. We started this training in about 11pm on sunday up to about 6am monday. It would of ended sooner, but I took the time to grind some attack equipment with no special effects because I couldn't take anymore and it cost a lot on defense.

So how close was this final battle? At first my amiibo was taking the lead by getting 1 stock. Eventually my friend's amiibo caught up and took down 2 stocks. My amiibo was struggling on his last, but managed to take my friend's amiibo 2nd stock. My amiibo was over 250% and I was sure he would lose, but he managed to take the 3rd stock and win it all. So I guess it was a good thing I had my amiibo focused on defense. Overall, it was a fun experience and we knocked out after the training was over. Good thing we didn't have school that day.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ordered one, but I haven't verified my stuff with Tenso.
Is this legit, like is it okay to send them this info?
They want my ID.
They're the most popular Japanese forwarding service. That info is necessary for them to verify it's you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was gonna preorder the Falco amiibo this week but I decided to wait until I return to work on Monday.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I went to Target with my boyfriend today. I got Chibi-Robo (and the game) and pink and light-blue Yoshis. He got a light-blue Yoshi too. My green Yoshi (and the game) will be probably shipped to my house next week.

I'm thinking of getting a second light-blue Yoshi someday... maybe I'll name it Boshi in Smash.

I don't think the Yarn Yoshi amiibos are in demand... no one else were at the stores today.

D

Deleted member

I thought Best Buy had some restocks? Because I went there tonight and they only had the usual, boring commons.

That said, I caved and bought Dark Pit off ebay for only $18.95 free shipping. Hopefully I get it before next week~
I was going to get Shulk too but I decided to wait a little longer to see if I can find a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I own all three of the smaller Yarn Yoshi Amiibo while picking up my copy of Yoshi's Woolly World earlier today. Still not gonna bother with the Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo next month.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought Best Buy had some restocks? Because I went there tonight and they only had the usual, boring commons.

That said, I caved and bought Dark Pit off ebay for only $18.95 free shipping. Hopefully I get it before next week~
I was going to get Shulk too but I decided to wait a little longer to see if I can find a good deal.

They did get some.

Might just be that it hasn't hit your area yet. Best Buy getting a restock doesn't mean that it will hit everywhere at the exact same time. Or even necessarily every area at all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Today I went to Toys R Us with my boyfriend and much to my delight, they have :4fox::4greninja::4littlemac::4falcon::4shulk:and 8-Bit Classic Mario... maybe 5-10 of each!!!

I immediately bought my second Greninja, Captain Falcon, Shulk, and 8-Bit Classic Mario... and I finally bought Little Mac... I bought two for myself (1 for display and 1 for playing). I also bought a second light-blue Yoshi. My boyfriend also got Little Mac and pink Yoshi.

I cannot believe I am now finished with Wave 2-6!!! Now only Wave 1 remains... :4marth::4villager:

I think it's time to start buying some of those amiibo cases for the second amiibos I opened.

D

Deleted member

They did get some.

Might just be that it hasn't hit your area yet. Best Buy getting a restock doesn't mean that it will hit everywhere at the exact same time. Or even necessarily every area at all.
Ah, that could very well be it. I live in a fairly big city so maybe I'll get it soon. That or the restocks already happened and everything has been snatched up.

Or I could have completely missed that display like the one picture you posted. D:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so i preordered the falco amiibo and plan to get the 3 mii fighters on nov. 1st. oddly toys r us aren't taking preorders but they reassured me there would be plenty of stock. then the last one will be mewtwo. i own all the smash bros amiibos currently released. by then i'll only need the rest of the dlc character amiibos and hopefully the rest of the ballot characters soon afterwards.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
:4fox::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucario::4marth::4falcon::4shulk::4darkpit: were at Best Buy today! There was like 6 Marth left when I got there. Little Mac, Greninja, Shulk, and Lucario were plentiful... maybe 15-20 of each... there was probably about 30 Dark Pit in stock.

There I bought my second Dark Pit and Lucario and two Marth. I also bought Shulk, Lucario, and Marth for my boyfriend.

Now I only have one more amiibo left before I am 100% completed with Wave 1-6. :4villager:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Recently saw retro-three pack online, still think whether I should buy it or not, I only want Mr.G&W the most...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So I just went to gamestop and I had no idea that yarn yoshi is out already. I didn't keep up with the news recently so I was quite surprised. I picked up a blue yoshi and I have to say, THERE ARE SO MANY RETRO PACKS! I thought they could be rare since their release, surprised there were still several left a few weeks later, and now there is like 11 and fills most of the space in the amiibo section. I guess it is a good job on Nintendo's part to have so much stock for them.

Anyway, it has been almost 2 months and my order of a kirby amiibo still hasn't shown up. I already have one but this 2nd one is supposed to be painted blue so I can work on an Ice Kirby. So my :4gaw: Watch&Game is going to be painted in the meantime, making his 9 pose red should be pretty simple.

As for training, I found a way for my most powerful amiibos (:4luigi:Lugy, :4drmario:Overdose, :4mario:Fireball,:4gaw:Watch&Game) to become more aggressive and use some moves/combos more often. Pretty much, it's just rounds of Me and one of the 4 amiibos vs :4dk:Danky Kang. Why Danky Kang? He has a bigger hitbox obviously. So I believe amiibos can fight more into your or whatever style you want the amiibo to have by you showing them moves that hits opponents and certain moves will be more noticeable to the amiibo if they get the kill. Once you do some 2v1 rounds, I recommend doing a 1v1 of you against the amiibo so they will be more familiar to 1v1s again.

The reason why they will now pay more attention to you than 1v1 them is because they are designed to beat the opponent. It's not just the human player, but any opponent they have to face. So a 2v1 can be helpful in this situation as they will be seeing what you do to get the kill and they may be able to follow your steps. This is where you show yourself to be aggressive and show some combos or moves your amiibo hasn't been doing lately.

How well does this work? Well Lugy has become far more aggressive and he knows how to dthrow > fair > fair combo along with using certain attacks more often. Watch&Game used to attack in the air so often, mostly because of me doing it almost all the time so he doesn't know that much about the ground which he needs to know about. By using the method, he has the knowledge of attacks on ground as well has dthrow > uair and dthrow > side b (Already knows about this but he can do it more often and it is his most deadly combo with his attack up and extreme judge). Fire Ball was already aggressive but not that much, so he is nor more aggressive and that's it. I couldn't really teach much to him as he already knows what to do. Overdose was more on the defensive and wait a bit style, so now he is also aggressive.

Top Bottom