• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Are you willing to give R.O.B. and Duck Hunt a good home? If not, you'd be better off importing.
It's not like I don't like them, I just don't have the big urge to get them besides G&W, ROB however, I might get him as well cuz we only got the Famicom color version. My brother can try to get the Japanese ROB while I get the NES ROB.

This is gonna spend me 2200 NT$ for this bundle, which mean one amiibo cost approximately 730 NT$ for one amiibo, which is a rare amiibo price here. And the seller doesn't have the stock yet, so I still have time to consider. First thing I will do is to get my cash prepared.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is good news to me. Mii Fighters and Villager will be plentiful that I don't need to camp at the store at 5 AM. As for Mega Yarn Yoshi, maybe I might come to the store at 8 AM.

I am also excited for the Animal Crossing amiibos. These characters are so cute and I can't wait to add them to my collection.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

-------------

Also the wait for Ami-Ami to put up Famicom R.O.B is killing me. Play-Asia put him up while I was asleep. I bet the same will happen with Ami-Ami, they'll put him up when I'm asleep, or at job club tomorrow.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
I now have my :4darkpit: amiibo. Soon in November I'll go get :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: and :4mewtwo:(if I'm lucky) and I'll get :4robinm::4lucina:and maybe :4falco: for Christmas. Here's a picture:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has amiibo functionality very similar to Smash Bros. You can use it as a doubles partner both offline and online, and it can gain experience, level up, increase in stats, etc.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I now have my :4darkpit: amiibo. Soon in November I'll go get :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: and :4mewtwo:(if I'm lucky) and I'll get :4robinm::4lucina:and maybe :4falco: for Christmas. Here's a picture:
I'm still waiting for my retro three pack to arrive. Here's me and my brother's collection so far.
:4mario::4marth::4shulk::4luigi:(SMB):rosalina::4myfriends::4darkpit:
Upcoming::4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob:

D

Deleted member

My :4darkpit:amiibo arrived today! :D (may take a picture of it later)
I was also thinking of going back to Best Buy tonight to get another look and see if restocks happened or not but I don't think my sister will take me. D:

So the amiibos I have currently are: :4sheik::4marth::4lucina::4ness::4robinm::4darkpit:
Not a lot but I do plan on getting more~

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So I'm planning to hack an amiibo using action replay powersave. Why? Just for fun. I want to challenge an opponent with much greater speed, power, and defense than any normal human player. Sure a normal amiibo can do that anyway but I would like something so powerful that 2 people would have to take it on. So the amiibo I'll be using for this will be Fox. Fox and the powersave are both things I've ordered recently and I will be looking forward to it.

Now considering this will be hacked into having max stats (Except maybe not speed because it could be too jumpy and probably never land any attacks or combos in the air) and some of the best special effects, I will never consider this as being my best amiibo and will not take on any events like my amiibo tournaments (Except maybe as an exhibition match to the tourney champ).

If everything goes well for the delivery (unlike the 2nd kirby amiibo which still hasn't shown up) and the training goes well for the amiibo, we could see some exciting match possibilities. As for the name of the amiibo, I decided it will either be:
Big Boss, Metal gear reference and the amiibo is considered to be a boss in my book.
Hax, It is hacked so it makes sense and also named like the professional smash player (who coincidentally mains Fox, which I didn't think about till now).
AmiiBoss, no explanation needed.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
AmiAmi put up pre-orders yesterday for the JP ROB amiibo but sadly I missed out and apparently it only lasted under an hour. However, pre-orders went back up earlier and I was able to order one! It only lasted like 5 minutes though. Thank god I kept my page monitor going. I'm not sure if they'll put them back up but best to keep page monitors on just in case. Can't wait for it to arrive~
I should go and pick up Mewtwo tomorrow, was pretty busy today.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got a second Japanese R.O.B yesterday. A third party seller put up pre-orders on Amazon Japan, so I was able to order him.

Anyone know how much Tenso charges for shipping Amiibos?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally got a second Japanese R.O.B yesterday. A third party seller put up pre-orders on Amazon Japan, so I was able to order him.

Not sure, my sister probably knows since she ought many stuff on Japan Amazon before.
My Retro Three pack is coming tomorrow.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

Here are the estimate calculations on their website. It also includes their service fee. Amiibos generally are about 400 grams so I used that as an estimate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How are these Animal Crossing cards organized? The numerical system on the bottom seems to be completely spontaneous!

I also missed out on Miis and Falco; hoping they are as well stocked as wave 5 has been thus far.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How are these Animal Crossing cards organized? The numerical system on the bottom seems to be completely spontaneous!

I also missed out on Miis and Falco; hoping they are as well stocked as wave 5 has been thus far.
The numbers on the bottom are birthdays. You organize the cards by the numbers on the top right.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The numbers on the bottom are birthdays. You organize the cards by the numbers on the top right.
Jesus, THANK YOU! I knew the top number was important, but I thought the bottom encompasses some sub-categorization (that had nothing to do with card color, dice number, or anything else on the card).

Mental obsession diminished.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Retro three pack had just arrived, my classic 8-bit Mario amiibo next.
P_20151025_115054.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So when I got that Dark Pit amiibo this past Friday, I stopped in at Best Buy later that night but it disappointed me. So I went in GameStop just out of curiosity and they had :4link: whom I've had trouble finding. I know he's not super rare or anything but he's one of my mains so I just had to pick it up. So now I have 7 amiibos total~

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
And now I got my :4ganondorf: today. That finishes every Wave prior to Wave 7 except for :4robinm:and:4lucina:in Wave 4. Can't wait for :4miibrawl::4miigun:and:4miisword: this Sunday. Here's a picture:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Has anyone heard anything about US Mewtwo? I though the release was mid November, but I haven't heard anything more specific...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's pretty easy to say that at this point, the Smash amiibo that are the hardest to come by are Robin and Lucina.

...Which sucks because I still need them. :p

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Forgot to mention this (I don't know how) but the powersave and fox amiibo arrived yesterday. BUT STILL NO KIRBY FOR THE CUSTOM ICE PLAN... anyway, I will give the hacked fox training when I am available to play on the Wii U. I'm planning to record sessions of me training this amiibo and you guys can see what it could look like, training an opponent that already could end you in a few moves. Name is still undecided but I will make the decision when it's time.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's the thing though, they've been there for over a month and they've only gotten more in stock.
Ok...
And here's one of the store's amiibo stock in my city they have when I visit.
P_20151025_135109.jpg

Most game stores in my town don't usually have lots of amiibos in retail, because in Taiwan, amiibos aren't that high demand. So they usually order amiibos online whenever you want a certain amiibo that is not on the stock.
P_20151025_154439.jpg

And the official 3DS stand, the right side is the Taiwan/Hong Kong region, those are the games the region had, Smash 3DS is in Japanese. The left side is a special 3DS for Taiwan that can play Japanese 3DS games but have no Wifi, Miiverse, eshop, which means you can't even update nor purchase DLC if you buy the 3DS on the left.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ok...
View attachment 80319
Most game stores in my town don't usually have lots of amiibos in retail, because in Taiwan, amiibos aren't that high demand. So they usually order amiibos online whenever you want a certain amiibo that is not on the stock.
View attachment 80320
And the official 3DS stand, the right side is the Taiwan/Hong Kong region, those are the games the region had, Smash 3DS is in Japanese. The left side is a special 3DS for Taiwan that can play Japanese 3DS games but have no Wifi, Miiverse, eshop, which means you can't even update nor purchase DLC if you buy the 3DS on the left.
Ness AND Rosalina?!? Damn!

D

Deleted member

Ok...
View attachment 80319
View attachment 80320
A lot of commons but also some nice gems thrown in like Shulk, Pit, Lucario, Rosalina, Ganondorf and Ness.
I can say the amiibo selection there is better than the US, in my state at least. Too many Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser.

Is Best Buy still doing those restocks, if anyone knows? I went twice but no such luck.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't scouted around in-store besides GameStop but online stock is decent here now.

Things are mixed at my local Smyths, according to the website, though. A few rares/unicorns that were easy to find for a while like Rosalina are starting to dry up (well actually I guess it's mostly the unicorns. She's the last unicorn there, if she's still considered one), but on the bright side, they finally restocked the Yarn Yoshis here (we barely got any at launch). I want to jump on that but money is slightly tight because I spent loads on buying concert tickets for my mother. For now, I'm just waiting to pay Amazon and Tenso to see how I am then, but I also have to start thinking about Christmas presents.

I might go down next week if they're still there after getting my weekly jobseeker's payment. I also got a job interview on Saturday morning so if I get the job then I can afford to buy the things that I've been wanting no problem.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So... here are my thoughts with this hacked fox amiibo (Big Boss). It showed some promises in the beginning by almost defeating my top unfed amiibo Fire Mario at level 15. He's now 50 since last night. He lost to Fireball at that day which made me get disappointed. Today however, he 3 stocked him today surprisingly, not only that, but he was also able to take on 1v2 amiibos, not your normal cpu, but amiibo...without friendly fire. Was this amiibo up to my expectations? Kinda. He is not overpowered as I thought he would be. Still powerful but just not as I was expecting. The amiibo is guaranteed to win any 1v2 level 9 cpus, but rarely ever wins on 1v3 level 9 cpus with team attack off, and sometimes win 1v2 level 50 amiibos. I do have to say he can be a challenge on 1v2 me + amiibo if team attack is on. So yes he is still boss status I guess. So let's see his current stats.
Attack = 200
Defense = 200
Speed= 50 (So he doesn't fly everywhere amd still has a good recovery)
Auto heal
Life steal
Explosive perfect shield.
He wasn't exactly like that before however, these stats are what he is currently using.

I'll take my time uploading replays onto youtube. It's about 5 replays, only did a replay on every match he reaches 10.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ness AND Rosalina?!? Damn!
Yes... but don't be that so excited, those two amiibos are in an rare amiibo price as well (Around 770NT$ )

A lot of commons but also some nice gems thrown in like Shulk, Pit, Lucario, Rosalina, Ganondorf and Ness.
I can say the amiibo selection there is better than the US, in my state at least. Too many Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser.
FYI, a few months ago I saw a 400 NT$(Around 11~13 US$) Ness lying in the game store shelf along with one Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem characters are obviously the rarest here.

That stand is a bit too expensive, even a normal Mario amiibo cost 550 NT$, I would rather buy some of these online.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I put out 2 replays of this hacked amiibo.
Great for the amiibo, by not my proudest moment. My fox skills have improved in the end of the training though. Battle took too long so I had to make an highlight version.

Pretty much when I was impressed with the results so far, only level 20 but took out my best unfed amiibo. Really impressive, too bad it had to make my Fire Mario look bad. Luckily this was barely on time so I can upload the full version.

More won't come out until possibly friday since that's when I can get back on the wii u.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Lucas's amiibo spotted in the Nintendo Investor's meeting photo.

Amiibo I Spy? I already saw two Mario, two Rosalina, two Pac man. Lucas seems to be the only one who doesn't have two of his figures. So this could be intentional. Seems that Nintendo is willing to leak new stuff by themselves this time.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Lucas being in the middle with only one figure... Seems intentional.

Heres my collection so far... Mii Fighters, Falco, Mewtwo don't hit shelves until later in November for my Country... And Famirob is in the mail... So November for him too.

...fist print villager too btw.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Lucas being in the middle with only one figure... Seems intentional.

Heres my collection so far... Mii Fighters, Falco, Mewtwo don't hit shelves until later in November for my Country... And Famirob is in the mail... So November for him too.

...fist print villager too btw.
Nice collection. I have a first print Villager as well. I got mine before they even became rare.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Would a R.O.B Amiibo be about 200g in weight?

Asking because I have a delivery at my Tenso address weighed at 400g, but I was expecting the two R.O.Bs to be separate shipments since it said they were on my Amazon page.

Top Bottom