• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a bit of a care package this morning.

Also, I'm all caught up on the Smash line now!

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Been a long time since I posted. I hope everyone's hunt has been going well. I see most people are finishing the Smash series off. I only have to get Falco the Miis and DLC. I have all of the ones I've targeted except 8 Bit Modern Mario. Pre orders have been a breeze lately. This is wonderful!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
A new amiibo has arrived today, and it's probably the last amiibo I'll get in a while:

Yeah, Duck Hunt is here!

As I promised it earlier I gave it the name Tex Avery as this character really reminds me of these cartoons I loved as a child and I'm pretty sure the character was designed with the same kind of craziness in mind. I gave it the third costume (the brown and white one). Too bad like R.O.B. I won't be able to use it to unlock its costume in SMM as the 100 Mario challenge already gave it to me before the amiibo arrived.

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Well I finally got my retro pack. :4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:. All I need now is just :4mewtwo:and I shall be done...for now.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
My collection is up to date, waiting for Famicom ROB to release in Japan to see if sellers from Japan will put him on multiple Amazon sites. If not I'll have to import him.

Waiting to see if North America will get Game & Watch solo packs, if they're bountiful and retail price, I may consider buying a few extra for the bases. Probably not though.

Now it's just waiting for the November launches for Mewtwo, Mii Fighters, and Falco.

Hopefully a break for a bit until 2016 for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu.

Besides any other DLC I think the Smash collection will come to a close, no more Amiibo hunting for me, lol.

That's if there isn't a Koopaling Kollection, Alph, He Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Female Villager, Wire Frame Mac...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That's if there isn't a Koopaling Kollection, Alph, He Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Female Villager, Wire Frame Mac...
That's my fear too... though if they go as far as Wireframe Mac, we'd also have to get Hoodie Mac and Hoodie Wireframe Mac.

I can see them doing the Koopalings, maaaybe Alph... beyond that, no so much. However, they could just as easily decide to release "special edition" amiibos. Gold Smash Mario for 5 Years of Smash 4 anyone?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
That's my fear too... though if they go as far as Wireframe Mac, we'd also have to get Hoodie Mac and Hoodie Wireframe Mac.

I can see them doing the Koopalings, maaaybe Alph... beyond that, no so much. However, they could just as easily decide to release "special edition" amiibos. Gold Smash Mario for 5 Years of Smash 4 anyone?
Hopefully it doesn't come to that!
lol!
I'm already formulating how my display cases will look, like which sections characters will be beside etc... Would hate to have to readjust it...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hopefully it doesn't come to that!
lol!
I'm already formulating how my display cases will look, like which sections characters will be beside etc... Would hate to have to readjust it...
Hmm... I would separate them by series...

Smash series amiibos
Mario series amiibos + Mario Maker amiibos + Yarn Yoshi amiibos
Animal Crossing amiibos
Splatoon amiibos
Other amiibos (Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, etc.)

As for organizing Smash series amiibos, I would probably line them according to the 3DS character select screen or the Wii U character select screen or even by the number on the top right corner on the Japanese/European package.

Last edited:

Lester Roquefort

Smash Rookie
NNID
LesterRoquefort
My Link amiibo absolutely destroys me by doing very little smash attacks. Inversely, my Pikachu Amiibo is pathetically stupid (he's capped).

I guess i'm here to ask:

Is there a way to make an Amiibo that doesn't destroy you and your other Amiibos?
And inversely... IS there a way to make an Amiibo God?

I assume you make an Amiibo a "God" by throwing every character at him one by one at 9 after he level caps.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman

I'd say my collection is about complete, I just want Isabelle now but I'm not sure if they're selling her seperately, I've only seen her bundled with that AC Mario Party game which I'm not interested in.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I was in GameStop about three days after the retro three pack and they had like six of them. I was tempted to pick one up but I wanted to get something else instead .

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hmm... I would separate them by series...

Smash series amiibos
Mario series amiibos + Mario Maker amiibos + Yarn Yoshi amiibos
Animal Crossing amiibos
Splatoon amiibos
Other amiibos (Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, etc.)

As for organizing Smash series amiibos, I would probably line them according to the 3DS character select screen or the Wii U character select screen or even by the number on the top right corner on the Japanese/European package.
I only collect the smash collection, the character select screen is a good starting point, but I think there's so OCD in me where I find it to be a little out of order.

My collection will basically end up being my own rendition of what the character select screen should look like...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Guys, I need help.

I forgot that Fami-R.O.B. was dropping on play-asia last night at midnight and missed him. I found him at another source but it'll cost over $50 to get him here.

What importers do you typically use? I feel I haven't exhausted all my options yet but I want to hurry up and decide.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I was in GameStop about three days after the retro three pack and they had like six of them. I was tempted to pick one up but I wanted to get something else instead .
Yeah apparently this wave is actually very well-stocked, was surprised to see ZSS, Olimar, and some of those 3 packs at Gamestop

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Yeah apparently this wave is actually very well-stocked, was surprised to see ZSS, Olimar, and some of those 3 packs at Gamestop
Absolutely. I managed to get Olimar and Zero Suit Samus by accident going into GameStop on the day they released.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I actually managed to get myself the Retrio 3-pack at GameStop a few days ago. Wasn't interested in getting the Amiibo included in it, but after seeing how they looked, I might as well blow in the $35.00 on it. Wasn't disappointed in my purchase.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually managed to get myself the Retrio 3-pack at GameStop a few days ago. Wasn't interested in getting the Amiibo included in it, but after seeing how they looked, I might as well blow in the $35.00 on it. Wasn't disappointed in my purchase.
Same here... no regrets in buying them three times. LOL

One for my boyfriend's collection, one for my collection, one for playing. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm quite pleased with my Animal Crossing amiibo card collection so far... I have 7 packs so 42 cards with no repeats.

When I opened my third pack today, I jumped with joy when I saw that I have Isabelle!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
It's been awhile since I've posted here, so I have the retro pack since the day it came out and of course I have to train them up to 50. My plans for a custom painted blue kirby is still going but my order still hasn't showed up in about a month now. In the mean time, I plan to get one of the Game & Watch poses painted red. Anyway lets get to the 3 amiibo stats.

:4gaw: (Red) Watch & Game! Defense is focused this time around so it is over 100 while speed is 0 and attack is 16. He is also equipped with first strike invincibility. All of his specials are changed making him the most different amiibo in terms of attacks. I can't remember all special moves but I know he is equipped with extreme judge. And as for the pose of the figure itself is the legendary 9 which will be painted soon. All of these changes will make him the most different amiibo in pretty much all categories in my arsenal.

:4duckhunt: (similar to Banjo's colors) Banjo. All stats are slightly above. There's nothing much I can explain for this one really.

:4rob: (Red) T.F.R. The Fighting Robot. Now you're pretty much thinking "isn't that Megaman though?" Yes, but you know, R.O.B. is a robot... and fights too... his attack and speed are over 50 while he does come with a cost of a couple disadvantage special effects.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Guys, I need help.

I forgot that Fami-R.O.B. was dropping on play-asia last night at midnight and missed him. I found him at another source but it'll cost over $50 to get him here.

What importers do you typically use? I feel I haven't exhausted all my options yet but I want to hurry up and decide.
He still has yet to go up at YesAsia and AmiAmi, so camp those two if you're still hoping for him.

I'd give this thread on the amiibo subreddit a readthrough for your options.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Recently saw my country's amiibo website. Look how scarce of amiibo lineups we have (I mean the official ones, of course that we can buy Japanese imports).
http://www.nintendo.tw/amiibo/
Not even a Mario?! Blasphemy!

Meanwhile, the release date for the Japanese R.O.B. amiibo is at the end of this month. I'm now keeping my eye out and page monitor for pre-orders to go up on AmiAmi. Fingers crossed I can get one.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not even a Mario?! Blasphemy!

Meanwhile, the release date for the Japanese R.O.B. amiibo is at the end of this month. I'm now keeping my eye out and page monitor for pre-orders to go up on AmiAmi. Fingers crossed I can get one.
Hey, like I said, it doesn't really matte. We can still buy Japanese import amiibo, these are just the amiibos that are "officially" available.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I had a Fami-R.O.B. in my shopping cart at Nin-Nin Game on Friday, but the total cost turned out to be $53.

Yeah... no thanks, I want it pretty bad, but not bad enough to pay half the price of an actual used R.O.B.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, Fami-R.O.B already went up for pre-order?

This is like the only time an Amiibo pre-order hasn't shown up on the front page of /r/amiibo for me, and it's the one I really needed. I'm planning on getting two, one for myself and one for my friend as a birthday gift, as he likes R.O.B a lot (he got the 3-pack for R.O.B and G&W, though ended up really liking the Duck Hunt Amiibo anyway).

This is gonna be a tough one to get. Then I have Mewtwo and maybe Modern 8-Bit Mario to try and get in 2 or 3 weeks.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wait, Fami-R.O.B already went up for pre-order?

This is like the only time an Amiibo pre-order hasn't shown up on the front page of /r/amiibo for me, and it's the one I really needed. I'm planning on getting two, one for myself and one for my friend as a birthday gift, as he likes R.O.B a lot (he got the 3-pack for R.O.B and G&W, though ended up really liking the Duck Hunt Amiibo anyway).

This is gonna be a tough one to get. Then I have Mewtwo and maybe Modern 8-Bit Mario to try and get in 2 or 3 weeks.
play-asia already sold through their preorder stock. Ami-ami and yes-asia don't have search results yet.

This is one of my mains, so getting both is really important to me, moreso than other amiibos.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
20151007_200314.jpg

These bad boys from japan came in. They are bigger than I thought. Bigger and heavier than a bowser amiibo I believe. I already got a lego feel from these guys and now I am getting memories of the pain of stepping on a lego.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I have a modern on its way from Japan too, but I think I'll be waiting until late October to see it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Modern 8-Bit Mario is coming as a standalone this month in Europe so I might pick him up with Mewtwo.

Though honestly, my display is getting short on room, especially now that I opened my Skylanders Giants Starter Kit...

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Finally decided to order an Inkling Boy Amiibo couple days ago after thinking about which Amiibo I should get next. I'm thinking about getting Bowser Jr. online next since he's a Toys 'R Us exclusive in NA. >.>

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My Link amiibo absolutely destroys me by doing very little smash attacks. Inversely, my Pikachu Amiibo is pathetically stupid (he's capped).

I guess i'm here to ask:

Is there a way to make an Amiibo that doesn't destroy you and your other Amiibos?
And inversely... IS there a way to make an Amiibo God?

I assume you make an Amiibo a "God" by throwing every character at him one by one at 9 after he level caps.
You can make your Amiibo Destroyer of Worlds, by A: fighting him with different characters so that it learns to adapt and fight differently, B: letting it fight in FFAs is a good way to get it to learn, and C: letting it fight other Amiibo, although I'm starting to question the effectiveness of that method because my Mario absolutely wrecks my Luigi whenever they fight. Though, I do treat him a little bit better than the latter.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm banking on Japanese scalpers to flood N/A Amazon with Fami-ROB imports from Japanese sellers.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Today'a haul:
20151009_125932.jpg
I FINALLY GOT LITTLE MAC. WOO! :bluejump:
I'm happy with my collection but I still want more.:skull:

Top Bottom