• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the rest of Wave 4 because my country really sucks at amiibo handling. And my imported Mii Gunner, but that's another story.

I literally found a Dr. Mario in a general electronics store the other day, who never aappeared in my gaming store at any point.

Logic at its finest.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Bought myself a Ganondorf Amiibo and a Captain Olimar Amiibo a few days ago along with pre-ordering Yoshi's Woolly World that comes with the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo. I definitely need to make room for my Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, but I'll deal with it when the game gets close to release.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
So have you guys checking r/amiibo lately? They talking about a huge restock at ToyRus coming soon! I might actually have a chance to get a Little Mac. :bluejump:
Oh, it just HAS to be Toys R Us, huh? The store that takes about an hour to get there from my house via bus? ( I wish I knew how to drive...)

Someone. Please open one in Halifax.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I used to think my Gamestop employees were there to help me.
Always friendly, even offering their personal cell phones and breaking some policies of the store for their customers who are loyal and putting up with Nintendo, they seemed very friendly.

Yet, I started to collect Disney Infinity figures a few months ago.... just to find satisfaction in collection, because the amiibo hunt no longer is fun.
So, I befriended them more. Know their personal lives, and friends. They know my story and life details.

I was then convinced into collecting Lego Dimensions; as it, in fact, will be a good game. Gameplay wise, best Toy to Life brand is almost guaranteed.
I know they allegedly are "friends," and, "claim no commission," but...:p

...and of course, with Barrel Donkey Kong and Hammer Bowser, I am now embracing four starter-pack-exclusive Skylanders.

I hate toys. :facepalm: But I must have them!:hulk:

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Can I say one thing about Project X Zone? I may be excited for the sequel, but I remember that if I haven't finished the first game and took a few weeks or month of a break, I forget what the plot is. I guess I have to keep playing it without too many days of breaks, huh.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I think that post belongs better in the PXZ2 thread in the Pool Room I believe, but I also have to finish the first one.

Anyways, I got confused with the Retro pack release date and thought they had been released last Friday

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I think that post belongs better in the PXZ2 thread in the Pool Room I believe, but I also have to finish the first one.

Anyways, I got confused with the Retro pack release date and thought they had been released last Friday
Oops. I didn't know. My bad. Thank you for letting me know.

Edit: I just found out that this is the wrong thread. Man, I gotta pay attention.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well boys, I am in Paris. Now I shall finally be able to find out the truth about the Eurpean market.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Skymiibo look like utter trash compared to the amiibo:
This is almost Happy Meal level of quality :facepalm:
There are actual Happy Meal Toys of Bowser and DK that look better than them, actually.

Well boys, I am in Paris. Now I shall finally be able to find out the truth about the market in Paris.
Fixed.

-----------

I finally found some pre-orders of some of the upcoming figures. Pre-ordered :4duckhunt::4rob::4miisword::4miigun: at my local GameStop. Hopefully Smyths will have some :4gaw::4miibrawl: on Friday. Not holding my breath though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There are actual Happy Meal Toys of Bowser and DK that look better than them, actually.

Fixed.

-----------

I finally found some pre-orders of some of the upcoming figures. Pre-ordered :4duckhunt::4rob::4miisword::4miigun: at my local GameStop. Hopefully Smyths will have some :4gaw::4miibrawl: on Friday. Not holding my breath though.
Eh... if you group New York and Miami together (claiming the NY store speaks on behalf of anywhere else even in Manhattan), than I will group places like Paris and Milan together. You cannot claim the US is one market and then say Europe is too unique in each market. In this case, the state acts as its own economy, and the countries, are part of a joint ecomony (well... one global economy, but legitimately I think you were kidding about this so I wont draw more comparisons to the EU/USA is the only parallel market you could identify in that regard.

Im really not trying to be pretentious with my Paris comment. I have collected amiibo in many markets- across the entire East Coast of America, in Israel, and now France. And, adamantly since day one. Ive been watching this as have you since early, early on..

Thus far, I walked into a random road (its great that all stores here have the potential to carry them... as far as I know, not just five like in the USA); I was shocked they had any, (Games Workshop... it has branches in the US). I cant say which are rare here versus the US, that is as stated, allegedly different... but it was certainly an easy find for Marth

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh... if you group New York and Miami together (claiming the NY store speaks on behalf of anywhere else even in Manhattan), than I will group places like Paris and Milan together. You cannot claim the US is one market and then say Europe is too unique in each market.
...I never did that though? IIRC, I briefly talked about the situation in New York, and someone else just came along and said "WELL IT'S NOT LIKE THAT EVERYWHERE", even though I never said it was like that everywhere. I was just listing it as an example of how things have been improving in quite a few US states, and to how good of a degree it was. I never said that everywhere was seeing improvements that great.

As for Miami, I have not once typed the word on this forum before this post, so I really don't see where you are getting that from.

Also I don't think "market" is the correct term to be using here, as I was never even talking about the economy in the first place, it's more about the in-store stock of these figures.

In which case, my comment has some truth - what you see in Paris is not what you get everywhere else in Europe, not even in the rest of France (keep in mind you are in the capital city - if one place in France is going to have good stock, it's Paris). Don't go acting like you can make a call on the entirety of Europe from just one city inside of one country. I never did the same in relation to the US.

Marth was recently restocked in Europe, so it's not strange that you would find him now. There's been one or two Marths sitting at my local GameStop for the last month or so, along with a Meta Knight and Dedede (though these are the first appearances of these two in Ireland, as they didn't come with Sonic and Mega Man like they were supposed to all those months ago).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
...I never did that though? IIRC, I briefly talked about the situation in New York, and someone else just came along and said "WELL IT'S NOT LIKE THAT EVERYWHERE", even though I never said it was like that everywhere. I was just listing it as an example of how things have been improving in quite a few US states, and to how good of a degree it was. I never said that everywhere was seeing improvements that great.

As for Miami, I have not once typed the word on this forum before this post, so I really don't see where you are getting that from.

Also I don't think "market" is the correct term to be using here, as I was never even talking about the economy in the first place, it's more about the in-store stock of these figures.

In which case, my comment has some truth - what you see in Paris is not what you get everywhere else in Europe, not even in the rest of France (keep in mind you are in the capital city - if one place in France is going to have good stock, it's Paris). Don't go acting like you can make a call on the entirety of Europe from just one city inside of one country. I never did the same in relation to the US.

Marth was recently restocked in Europe, so it's not strange that you would find him now. There's been one or two Marths sitting at my local GameStop for the last month or so, along with a Meta Knight and Dedede (though these are the first appearances of these two in Ireland, as they didn't come with Sonic and Mega Man like they were supposed to all those months ago).
What about Taiwan that doesn't even have official Nintendo imports? A part of Japanese amiibo stock have flown in to Taiwan's special game store, that's where I get my amiibos. So far nearly every amiibos that have been out for months have been restock here, since Taiwan isn't an area that is hype with amiibos. Shulk was a bit rare when I tried to get him, but now he's in a fair price.

So... this is the amiibo situation in Taiwan. I can only know US and European's situation via Internet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not gonna lie SonicBrawler, I dont read walls of text that you post to me on a personal level, as Im not looking to make this an issue for a fourth time. We can have long chats in private if you like, but it never goes well, so I wont be immature and even respond.
Regardless, I will tell you on the launch. Nothing was worse than in Florida- not NY or DC for sure, with the obvious exception of the Nintendo Store, which always stocks up more than anywhere (and is a horrible example, as in NYC, there are only two vendors at all who will even sell amiibo, as manhattan has no Target nor Walmart, only one toys r us with the Nintendo Center, ...okay, they have best buy. And im sure sometimes those 24 hour best buys are helpful for this. And... considering south florida is over 8 hours from the next state, much next the next big city... It is just plainly ignorant to make claim that the US is one market and Europe is 27. I dont know if you were joking, but its just flat out wrong on an economical an business basis.
Paris : Milan :: Miami : Philadelphia? NOPE
Paris : Milan (in this market only) :: Miami : Tampa.

EDIT: I had to read your message, as not doing so would be hypocritical after what I claimed about your ignorance.
I will go back and quote you, months behind, if I need to, every single time I make this claim. And cite edit times. You absolutely asserted the Nintendo Store was representational of the American market. And not only tat, but you did so from a picture, from a friend there. That is called second hand information, and mine, coming from me, would be a first person source, as I merely cite my own experiences.
I think I made my point above about states and countries on an economic level... but if not, message me in private about it. NYC isnt even what is available in NY, much less at one store. I think my points about walking along the street and happening to find the face of the previously used to be hardest amiibo to find, says quite a lot. I asked you once where you, personally, have shopped for amiibo. Id like an answer, because you keep discrediting the fact that my job has me travel for work, and so I have a wider market of knowledge. Im not trying to be imperial- Ive been in many, many amiibo markets, and unfortunately care too much to not respond. So, as Ive given you why I believe I have at least some authority on the topic, please explain to me why your posts about NYC should no indicate your actual feelings, much less all the other comments. Keep in mind, this conversation started from your one, single picture, from a friend, of one store that was well stocked, wth you statement of how americans should stop complaining.

If you want us to after such a claim, then get out of the glass house man. You want to make the argument that Europe is the hardest market. (as if the regions are the market- youve literally claimed yourself they are not). I know this website has an unequivalency in Americans/Europeans (and, keep in mind, American is the term for citizen of the USA, not merely two continents). That doesnt mean speaking louder, or more, makes it a harder market.

***actually, to go back to the market point, I was wrong. On only one single aspect- ordering. Europeans can order any amiibo off of...many amazons, and amazon uk alone is cheaper for every single amiibo than in the US. (okay, that was just for effect. But all the rare ones from waves 3 on, which Ive checked, are free shipping across Europe, for far less than the US). In other words, you simply have more options. Please tell me which amiibo your entire continent never received, as you keep claiming. Plenty of stores in the US never got some amiibo just the same as in Europe, including the unholy trinity whom started it all! I am sure I could find you amiibo you need in five minutes.

Double edit: again though, I read another of your posts on cancellations, and how it is worse for Europe because its the whole company versus an individual store. Of course, this is a personal opinion. I just find yours to be ludicrous.

1- a company losing its whole stock means all preorders go through or do not, and you will be made aware earlier. In the US, literally, every single retailer as mass cancelled orders, and only on an individual basis. There was no 'am I safe' with an amiibo until you had it in your hand. Other stores SOLD preorders out from underneath people. TO me, both of those instances are far worse than an entire company just not getting a shipment (and being well informed for it, too).

2- Europe has options. Only in the USA are sales limited to certain stores (5 retailers and amazon are all that have these things, or, are allowed). Even more, as far as Im aware, we almost always have a limit of one. Some stores carry that as far as one per amiibo. Can you imagine waiting from midnit to 8 am in 18 degree C for a group of amiibo you are only given one of, between all characters? I asked you once if you have ever even camped out for an amiibo. Have you? Complaints from the US seem to be "I tried my best and failed." I wont speak on behalf of your continent, but I will say, your luck as only every seemed limited by your own reservations. Not going in early enough, not driving to another area... I dunno, I just want to know what effort you go to. You critize americans often, and yet, I just want your personal "amiibo credentials," I suppose. I want to know why you find yourself an authority on the matter.

3- Just to say on Americans again... you once thought the issue was us. You literally claimed people like me were the issue because I collect more than one. To that, which (again ironically as you have called me racist in the past over quite extreme leaps to get there), I tell you- Im keeping most of mine. I buy for me. If I buy 100 for me, or 1, you cannot blame the customer. If anything, you should take that as reason why your continent is allegedly the most deprived, because no one bothers to collect them.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Guys, come on. Nobody gains anything out of this argument. At the end of the day, does it really matter who has it worse?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not gonna lie SonicBrawler, I dont read walls of text that you post to me on a personal level, as Im not looking to make this an issue for a fourth time. We can have long chats in private if you like, but it never goes well, so I wont be immature and even respond.
Regardless, I will tell you on the launch. Nothing was worse than in Florida- not NY or DC for sure, with the obvious exception of the Nintendo Store, which always stocks up more than anywhere (and is a horrible example, as in NYC, there are only two vendors at all who will even sell amiibo, as manhattan has no Target nor Walmart, only one toys r us with the Nintendo Center, ...okay, they have best buy. And im sure sometimes those 24 hour best buys are helpful for this. And... considering south florida is over 8 hours from the next state, much next the next big city... It is just plainly ignorant to make claim that the US is one market and Europe is 27. I dont know if you were joking, but its just flat out wrong on an economical an business basis.
Paris : Milan :: Miami : Philadelphia? NOPE
Paris : Milan (in this market only) :: Miami : Tampa.

EDIT: I had to read your message, as not doing so would be hypocritical after what I claimed about your ignorance.
I will go back and quote you, months behind, if I need to, every single time I make this claim. And cite edit times. You absolutely asserted the Nintendo Store was representational of the American market. And not only tat, but you did so from a picture, from a friend there. That is called second hand information, and mine, coming from me, would be a first person source, as I merely cite my own experiences.
I think I made my point above about states and countries on an economic level... but if not, message me in private about it. NYC isnt even what is available in NY, much less at one store. I think my points about walking along the street and happening to find the face of the previously used to be hardest amiibo to find, says quite a lot. I asked you once where you, personally, have shopped for amiibo. Id like an answer, because you keep discrediting the fact that my job has me travel for work, and so I have a wider market of knowledge. Im not trying to be imperial- Ive been in many, many amiibo markets, and unfortunately care too much to not respond. So, as Ive given you why I believe I have at least some authority on the topic, please explain to me why your posts about NYC should no indicate your actual feelings, much less all the other comments. Keep in mind, this conversation started from your one, single picture, from a friend, of one store that was well stocked, wth you statement of how americans should stop complaining.

If you want us to after such a claim, then get out of the glass house man. You want to make the argument that Europe is the hardest market. (as if the regions are the market- youve literally claimed yourself they are not). I know this website has an unequivalency in Americans/Europeans (and, keep in mind, American is the term for citizen of the USA, not merely two continents). That doesnt mean speaking louder, or more, makes it a harder market.

***actually, to go back to the market point, I was wrong. On only one single aspect- ordering. Europeans can order any amiibo off of...many amazons, and amazon uk alone is cheaper for every single amiibo than in the US. (okay, that was just for effect. But all the rare ones from waves 3 on, which Ive checked, are free shipping across Europe, for far less than the US). In other words, you simply have more options. Please tell me which amiibo your entire continent never received, as you keep claiming. Plenty of stores in the US never got some amiibo just the same as in Europe, including the unholy trinity whom started it all! I am sure I could find you amiibo you need in five minutes.

Double edit: again though, I read another of your posts on cancellations, and how it is worse for Europe because its the whole company versus an individual store. Of course, this is a personal opinion. I just find yours to be ludicrous.

1- a company losing its whole stock means all preorders go through or do not, and you will be made aware earlier. In the US, literally, every single retailer as mass cancelled orders, and only on an individual basis. There was no 'am I safe' with an amiibo until you had it in your hand. Other stores SOLD preorders out from underneath people. TO me, both of those instances are far worse than an entire company just not getting a shipment (and being well informed for it, too).

2- Europe has options. Only in the USA are sales limited to certain stores (5 retailers and amazon are all that have these things, or, are allowed). Even more, as far as Im aware, we almost always have a limit of one. Some stores carry that as far as one per amiibo. Can you imagine waiting from midnit to 8 am in 18 degree C for a group of amiibo you are only given one of, between all characters? I asked you once if you have ever even camped out for an amiibo. Have you? Complaints from the US seem to be "I tried my best and failed." I wont speak on behalf of your continent, but I will say, your luck as only every seemed limited by your own reservations. Not going in early enough, not driving to another area... I dunno, I just want to know what effort you go to. You critize americans often, and yet, I just want your personal "amiibo credentials," I suppose. I want to know why you find yourself an authority on the matter.

3- Just to say on Americans again... you once thought the issue was us. You literally claimed people like me were the issue because I collect more than one. To that, which (again ironically as you have called me racist in the past over quite extreme leaps to get there), I tell you- Im keeping most of mine. I buy for me. If I buy 100 for me, or 1, you cannot blame the customer. If anything, you should take that as reason why your continent is allegedly the most deprived, because no one bothers to collect them.
...I'm not even going to bother.

I swear you pull these "assertions" I make from an alternate dimension.

I mean you say you "quote" me but you don't even actually quote me...like c'mon, between your prior mess up with basic colloquial language, and then this, I see no point in even trying to take anything you say seriously. Anything I say goes in one end and out the other and then you pull out these random walls of texts.

Also I didn't make any personal statements there in my last post, I was just stating a general fact that absolutely everybody should understand, not just you. So this wall of text of yours (funny how my few short paragraphs is called a wall of text you can't read, and then you type this straight after) is completely unwarranted.

I'm out. Good luck to anyone getting stuff on Friday, and I'll possibly come back with what I got.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To those in Europe, particularly in France, what are the 'known' places to hunt? It is only a side project while I'm here, so any help would be great. Happy to do my best to check out other locations people may know in Paris as well- in general, I have not found as many places which sell collectibles nor electronics, but the ones who seem to have them are not even stores I would mostly expect. These products being so... commercialized.. I was wondering if there was any standardization to gaming supplied in general. In the US we really only have Gamestop now-a-days for video games, and even they are severely struggling.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GameStop is prevalent in Europe too. It's the only one I can think of that's common to all major European countries.

Besides that, it's country specific. Germany has a place called Saturn Electronics (or something like that) for example. And UK/Ireland have Smyths Toystore and Argos for video games and other related things. I don't know the big one in France, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im having too good of luck here, and something is wrong. I went to two stores total, and I didnt think I would get any amiibo. The one had the Marth, and the other had a freaking Vlllager. Its the new one...but I mean, even I do not believe this is commonplace. I might actually just walk into a Castorana and find a Gold Mario. Or a Pink Gold Peach.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Guys, come on. Nobody gains anything out of this argument. At the end of the day, does it really matter who has it worse?
Yeah, I don't really think this is even worth of arguing.
I wonder if they notice my post or not...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just called my Gamestop and they'll let us pick up amiibos at midnight during the NBA2k16 release.

I'd call your local store and double check. Beats waking up early or picking them up later in the day and running the risk of having them accidentally run out.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, I don't really think this is even worth of arguing.
I wonder if they notice my post or not...
I mean, we dropped it- this post is just bringing it up again...

SO! I went to my first electronics store today in Europe. Fnac.
Essentially... it is FYE. It has music, games, books, movies....

This was down.... oh, okay, pardon my French (literally, as even google cannot help now) Chante de Lyone? That big road everyone knows. I will likely edit this post from a computer to spell it right...anyway, the point is it is a massively known part of Paris, known for Shopping. So, what does that say about the amiibo collection? Could mean they all were purchased. It could mean even a big store has none. Stay tuned.

Anywho, the best thing they had was a giant Kirby plush. It was worth getting even if I en up carrying it home on the plane myself, since he certainly doesnt fit in my one bag...

As for amiibo: situation was the same as America's baseline store. They had the same typical ones as in the states.
However, they had some really cool bundles that I did not see in the states. One was a Mario maker with classic Mario, and, I guess I just loved the box. Is Modern 8-bit Mario available in Europe at all? I know they do not do exclusives.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just called my Gamestop and they'll let us pick up amiibos at midnight during the NBA2k16 release.

I'd call your local store and double check. Beats waking up early or picking them up later in the day and running the risk of having them accidentally run out.
Sorry for double, couldnt quote this otherwise.

I can tell you guys that corporate policy for Gamestop is a minimum of prepurchased orders, period. If one customer alone met that number, the store could theoretically choose to stay open. I think in that case it is managers choice... but I will double check that aspect.
I also dont think they would ever stay open for amiibo. I think preorders must have an 'understood' base value of some sort.
However, when they open, they can sell anything. They dont have to, but are allowed to. Its just the store being open.

The Nintenzone thing, though is not a choice, and not enough Gamestops have them.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
can tell you guys that corporate policy for Gamestop is a minimum of prepurchased orders, period. If one customer alone met that number, the store could theoretically choose to stay open. I think in that case it is managers choice... but I will double check that aspect.
I also dont think they would ever stay open for amiibo. I think preorders must have an 'understood' base value of some sort.
However, when they open, they can sell anything. They dont have to, but are allowed to. Its just the store being open.

The Nintenzone thing, though is not a choice, and not enough Gamestops have them.
Hm... here in Taiwan, I could actually get all amiibos buy just checking online, since there is no store in Taiwan that officially sell amiibos.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To answer the question on Modern 8-Bit Mario, he releases in Europe alongside Mewtwo next month, as a standalone.

Classic 8-Bit Mario is a bundle exclusive as far as I know over here (though it might be different depending on the country), like the Splatoon Squid. Though in general, I have never seen a Splatoon Amiibo in person at all.

-------

Anyway, today's haul:

IMAG0248.jpg

GameStop had one G&W and it wasn't held for pre-order, so I snagged that. I had to trek out to Smyths for Mii Brawler. And the rest were pre-ordered at GameStop.

I also got €20 off the pre-ordered ones, but I think that was a mistake on the part of the store employee.

Also I saw this in Smyths and found it pretty funny:

IMAG0245.jpg

I didn't know there was an Invisible Mario Amiibo based on the power-up from Super Mario 64...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To answer the question on Modern 8-Bit Mario, he releases in Europe alongside Mewtwo next month, as a standalone.

Classic 8-Bit Mario is a bundle exclusive as far as I know over here (though it might be different depending on the country), like the Splatoon Squid. Though in general, I have never seen a Splatoon Amiibo in person at all.

-------

Anyway, today's haul:

View attachment 75064

GameStop had one G&W and it wasn't held for pre-order, so I snagged that. I had to trek out to Smyths for Mii Brawler. And the rest were pre-ordered at GameStop.

I also got €20 off the pre-ordered ones, but I think that was a mistake on the part of the store employee.

View attachment 75065

I didn't know there was an Invisible Mario Amiibo based on the power-up from Super Mario 64...
I wonder when will Mr.G&W amiibo release in Japan, can't wait...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This is some hot garbage right here.

We all know, of course, that Nintendo didn't make a second run of Gold Mario. These things must've been sitting around in a warehouse waiting for the holiday season.

Kind of makes you wonder what's really been going on with all these shortages, doesn't it?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is some hot garbage right here.

We all know, of course, that Nintendo didn't make a second run of Gold Mario. These things must've been sitting around in a warehouse waiting for the holiday season.

Kind of makes you wonder what's really been going on with all these shortages, doesn't it?
Or maybe there is a Gold Mario restock coming.

----------

I think I found out why I got that money off my pre-orders...

IMAG0249.jpg

Also I took a picture of the Amiibo racks at my local Smyths. It's a decent selection but most of them only have one or two there. At least they upgraded to two racks instead of one.

IMAG0247_1.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

They had a few more at the counter and all of the new releases are out back.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I got my Retrio!
Also,
Also I took a picture of the Amiibo racks at my local Smyths. It's a decent selection but most of them only have one or two there. At least they upgraded to two racks instead of one.

View attachment 75118
View attachment 75119

Jealous of that stock. I still need Ike and Lucina...

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Today is a good day, I got my long-awaited preordered retrio. I finally came up with names for all of them, too:
:4rob:- Bobert (because ROB + Bob = Bobert... I guess)
:4duckhunt:- Penry (after Penrod "Penry" Pooch of Hong Kong Phooey)
:4gaw:- JOHN CENA (because of his chair attack, and to contrast with the other two amiibo who only have one name)
And this is pretty much my modest little 'miibo collection. I might pick up one of the 30th Anniversary Marios or Yarn Yoshis later down the line, but other than that, I think this is about it.

EDIT:

View attachment 75065

Well, it's no wonder they marked down the price there...

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Or maybe there is a Gold Mario restock coming.

----------

I think I found out why I got that money off my pre-orders...

View attachment 75117

View attachment 75118
View attachment 75119

Wow...seeing all these amiibos reminds me that even though I have a lot of them, there's still a lot I don't have (King Dedede, Rosalina, Ike, etc). I really hope they'll restock some Wave 1 amiibos that are pretty rare now (Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus, and Fox). In other news, I got my Retro 3-Pack!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm very happy with my amiibo collection. I now have all the released Smash amiibos except for Villager, Marth, and Little Mac.

I also bought two packs of Animal Crossing amiibo cards. I plan to get Happy Home Designer for Christmas.

I actually think it would be cool if Nintendo makes more Animal Crossing games that use these cards... maybe force the game to let a villager (from your card) to move in town (it would be nice to not have random villagers)... or an Animal Crossing RPG where you choose and change your party members from these cards.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My R.O.B. came in the mail today!

As I previously said, I'll name it "Robeille" inspired from "R.O.B." and "abeille" (French for "bee") because I'll give it the yellow and black costume which reminds me of a bee. I'm pretty good with R.O.B., so I hope I'll train my amiibo well.

Too bad I won't be able to use it to unlock its costume in Super Mario Maker as I've already unlocked it through 100 Mario challenge. Duck Hunt is supposed to come in my mail soon, so I hope the same won't happen for this costume.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
My retro three pack got to me yesterday. Here are their names:
:4rob: (Low Sales) (Named after the amount the Virtual Boy got)
:4gaw: (Paper Man) (He's flat like paper)
:4duckhunt: (Banjo) (That one color scheme)
And now here's a picture of them:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hello all! Here is the average Times Sq Nintenzone. The first picture. No rates and usually restock is horrid for them.

Around the corner, full selection. Ridiculous prices. Second photo....okay it's too big. I'll resize and post, if a mod could please merge after.

Attachments

Top Bottom