• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I recall Target having terrible shipping during that first Rosalina/Jigglypuff/Others restock in terms of how the figures were packed, but I think they improved it since, if I'm not mistaken. It probably won't matter too much either way if you plan to open the boxes anyway, though, only if you collect NiB.

EDIT: Someone just posted on /r/amiibo about their recent Target shipment, and it's spot on:

http://imgur.com/a/uP6Th

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Amazon UK has a bunch of amiibos available right now - R.O.B., Game 'n Watch, Duck Hunt, all three Miis, and Shovel Knight. I pre-ordered R.O.B. since I'm going to open and play with one, and Shovel Knight. Seems as though availability of other amiibos is high right now, but I only got what I needed since I plan on buying the rest of the wave in-store next week.

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Two of my friends went to a place called Europe, a legendary continent that is home of many rare and hard-to-get amiibos. When they got back, they were packed. One gave me a Marth and the other gave me Lucina, two of my most wanted amiibos! :bee:
Man, I should really get out of the continent and explore the world. I mean, North America is great and all, but I need to check out what amiibos they have in store.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Two of my friends went to a place called Europe, a legendary continent that is home of many rare and hard-to-get amiibos. When they got back, they were packed. One gave me a Marth and the other gave me Lucina, two of my most wanted amiibos! :bee:
Man, I should really get out of the continent and explore the world. I mean, North America is great and all, but I need to check out what amiibos they have in store.
I'm under this impression as well, but SonicBrawler will tell you that it certainly is not plentiful everywhere in all of Europe.

It is interesting- we all hunt in similar ways, I'm sure, but also different, just based on our own beliefs and personalities. I wonder if it actually is easier in one region.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
I live in Australia, and at the moment I am in a situation where, given the money, I could collect every Smash Bros edition amiibo except Peach for some reason.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I live in Australia, and at the moment I am in a situation where, given the money, I could collect every Smash Bros edition amiibo except Peach for some reason.
I could get you a Smash!Peach for almost anything that's common where you are. However, shipping prices are sadly a thing...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Saved Bowser, Peach, Toon Link, and Sheik for last. lol

Have only seen Smash Peach at TRU where they cost a $1 more recently. Guess Nintendo never restocked them because they were selling the least (priorities). Haven't seen a wild TL/Sheik since early June and I got the last ones they had.

Got a shipment of Pac Man & Inklings in at the store I work at last week. The latter we got one of each and they lasted for about 3 days.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
So this is weird. I ordered ZSS, Ganondorf, and 8-Bit Classic Mario from Target.com. I got a shipping notification for them, but only for ZSS and 8-Bit; says Ganondorf has "not yet shipped". I'm not worried, but I guess they're just shipping them as they get them, rather than wait for one big package. Odd.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So this is weird. I ordered ZSS, Ganondorf, and 8-Bit Classic Mario from Target.com. I got a shipping notification for them, but only for ZSS and 8-Bit; says Ganondorf has "not yet shipped". I'm not worried, but I guess they're just shipping them as they get them, rather than wait for one big package. Odd.
You won Target.com

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the people here who are from North America, what's your plan for this Friday?

Personally, I'm dropping my brother off at Wal Mart (he mainly wants Dr. Mario for this wave, and since it's exclusive to there, he'll wait as long as he has to), and then I'll head to Toys R Us to see if I can get Ganondorf. Olimar's a maybe for me, but I'm not bothering with Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Junior, or the 8-bit Marios.

Beyond that, we're only looking for a Yarn Yoshi amiibo (either green or blue), Mewtwo, Falco, and Shovel Knight as far as currently announced upcoming releases go. (and Ryu, but there's no date for him yet, or even an amiibo that's been seen)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the people here who are from North America, what's your plan for this Friday?

Personally, I'm dropping my brother off at Wal Mart (he mainly wants Dr. Mario for this wave, and since it's exclusive to there, he'll wait as long as he has to), and then I'll head to Toys R Us to see if I can get Ganondorf. Olimar's a maybe for me, but I'm not bothering with Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Junior, or the 8-bit Marios.

Beyond that, we're only looking for a Yarn Yoshi amiibo (either green or blue), Mewtwo, Falco, and Shovel Knight as far as currently announced upcoming releases go. (and Ryu, but there's no date for him yet, or even an amiibo that's been seen)
I'm just gonna go out and get Ganondorf and Olimar, personally.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I noticed in Target's circular that their limit this time around is 2 of each character per customer. That would be a HUGE improvement over last time, when it was 2 amiibos total per customer - and good thing, too, as I need to cover my collecting buddy this time around.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Dr Mario is a Target exclusive. Walmart is likely to get 8 bit Mario available in modern color, after it is available for purchase separate from the Wii U bundle.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dr Mario is a Target exclusive. Walmart is likely to get 8 bit Mario available in modern color, after it is available for purchase separate from the Wii U bundle.
I'm in Canada, where Target no longer has stores. All of their exclusives here have either been transferred to Wal Mart (Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario) or sent out to all stores in even more limited quantities than usual (Rosalina). Sorry; I should have mentioned that. (Though I don't think there are any other significant differences)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Managed to preorder R.O.B. and Duck Hunt from Amazon FR and IT respectively. I really really wanted the Duck Hunt amiibo because I don't hide my weird obsession to anything related to ducks :laugh: and I also wanted to pick up R.O.B. due being my favourite character to play as plus it I'm sure it will look awesome. I already know the names I'll give to them...

:4rob: Robeille = R.O.B. + abeille (French for "bee") because I'll give it the third yellow and black costume which reminds me of a bee;
:4duckhunt: Tex Avery because this character reminds me of Tex Avery cartoons which I loved as a kid. Not sure about which costume I'll give it, though.

They will rejoice soon my amiibo collection, which currently consists of:
:4megaman:Arsenal, red and white costume
:4greninja:Magikarp, red costume
:4littlemac:Inyourface, red gloves with blue outfit
:4ganondorf:Ganondooph, red costume

After that, I doubt I'm going to get more amiibos. Though I suppose it may change according to the currently unnanounced Smash DLC characters.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I work 3rd Shift at a store and just got off work, kept an eye on our amiibo supply all night.

During the last half hour we had someone come through and buy all of our remaining Classic Marios, ZSSs, and Ganondorfs, and left us only one Olimar (9 amiibo in total).

Scalpers can go to hell.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I work 3rd Shift at a store and just got off work, kept an eye on our amiibo supply all night.

During the last half hour we had someone come through and buy all of our remaining Classic Marios, ZSSs, and Ganondorfs, and left us only one Olimar (9 amiibo in total).

Scalpers can go to hell.
During my first year at college, I'll try to not buy amiibos. I can't go and do part time job on my first year. Need focus on my college activities this time.

I also had left all of my amiibos back at my home (I'm in my school's dormitory), hope they are ok...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This morning was easily the most straightforward amiibo launch yet. Dropped my brother off at Wal Mart, and before other stores in the area had even opened, he had gotten Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, and Olimar. Apparently, they had several rows of Dr. Mario amiibos that hadn't even been touched yet - hope that's the case elsewhere, for people who are looking for him!

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I love my mom. I was planning to get like two or three and get the rest later one day but my mom brought all of them! Only problem is that she plans to save most of them for Christmas presents :(.
Also really love how Toy R Us handled it. Really well done.
This is probably the best amiibo launch yet but that's probably because I actually got there when the stores opened.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Picked up :4ganondorf: and :4olimar: today! Found this really interesting too: Splatoon amiibos must have gotten a MASSIVE restock, since my rinky dink Gamestop got eight of the Inkling Boy, eight of the Inkling Girl, and 3 pack. May go later to pick up the Inkling girl if they're still there.

:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4olimar::4littlemac::4sonic::4pacman:

Pre-Ordered: :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
Easier to Come By: :4luigi::4peach::4megaman:
Harder to Come By: :4samus::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4villager:
Unreleased: :4mewtwo::4ryu:

Non-Smash: Chibi-Robo, Inkling Girl

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Picked up :4ganondorf: and :4olimar: today! Found this really interesting too: Splatoon amiibos must have gotten a MASSIVE restock, since my rinky dink Gamestop got eight of the Inkling Boy, eight of the Inkling Girl, and 3 pack. May go later to pick up the Inkling girl if they're still there.

:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4olimar::4littlemac::4sonic::4pacman:

Pre-Ordered: :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
Easier to Come By: :4luigi::4peach::4megaman:
Harder to Come By: :4samus::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4villager:
Unreleased: :4mewtwo::4ryu:

Non-Smash: Chibi-Robo, Inkling Girl
I like the looks of your amiibo collection.
My collection as of now::4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4falcon::4ness::4kirby::4fox::4marth::4pit::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4sonic::4pacman:

Missing: :4pikachu::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4ryu:

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Easily the smoothest wave yet. My Wal Mart had 40 Dr. Marios and at least 14 of the rest of the smash amiibos. The stock on the 8 bit Mario amiibos were lighter but I saw at least 10 of the modern colour.

Olimar is my new favourtite amiibo now, the Pikmin are fantastic and Olimar himself was done really well also

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Splatoon amiibos must have gotten a MASSIVE restock, since my rinky dink Gamestop got eight of the Inkling Boy, eight of the Inkling Girl, and 3 pack.
[/Spoiler]
MFW when I can never find the 3 pack now and everytime I had the chance to online, I blew it. :sadeyes:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
MFW when I can never find the 3 pack now and everytime I had the chance to online, I blew it. :sadeyes:
If you're anywhere near the NY/NJ/PA tri-state area, my small as hell Gamestop probably still has the one in stock. :laugh:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
If you're anywhere near the NY/NJ/PA tri-state area, my small as hell Gamestop probably still has the one in stock. :laugh:
Thanks but I actually live near the PA/NJ/MD tri-state area. Besides, I don't think my mom would buy more today. Oh well, I just hope there will be a huge restock during the holiday season.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks but I actually live near the PA/NJ/MD tri-state area. Besides, I don't think my mom would buy more today. Oh well, I just hope there will be a huge restock during the holiday season.
It figures that when I'm just joking around, thinking you probably live halfway across the country, you end up living closer than I thought, but at the opposite end of the state. :laugh:

kylexv

Smash Master
I got pretty lucky today:

I got the last :4olimar: at Target
I also got the last :4ganondorf: and :4zss: at Toys R Us. Ganondorf was hiding, but, luckily, my brother found him. I got one of the many :4bowserjr:'s there too.

Own: :4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4luigi::4ness::4jigglypuff::4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4zss::4wario::4diddy::4olimar::4charizard::4tlink::4sonic::rosalina::4greninja::4palutena::4bowserjr::4megaman::4pacman:

Preordered: :4gaw::4drmario::4rob::4duckhunt:

Missing: :4falcon::4marth::4pit::4myfriends::4dedede::4lucario::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4robinm::4lucina::4darkpit:
Unreleased: :4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun::4falco::4mewtwo:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Today was stressful, but (mostly) successful. I managed to get 2 of each to cover my buddy who couldn't get off work - except for the 30th edition, and I went through some serious BS over it.

Target: Limited to 2 amiibos per customer, again. They only have 4 of Oli, Ganon, and 30th, 8 ZSS, and a ton of Dr. Mario. I'm 4th in line. Guy behind me says he's only getting Dr. Mario, so he offers to buy the 30th amiibo for me. I get ZSS and Olimar (I have Ganon and Dr. Mario coming in the mail). I go up to the register, turn around, and see that guy standing behind me with just his Dr. Mario. "Oh... I knew I forgot something," he says with a big, ****-eating grin. I know this guy from the Gamestop across the street... it's the same guy who's told me all about the MM 3DSs he's held for people, sold me some BS about Nintendo all but stopping physical game releases, and has otherwise been a big toolbag... did he do this on purpose?? Anyway, after the line's gone, I circle through and am able to snag another Dr. Mario and Ganondorf to cover my buddy.

TRU: I'm 15th in line. For a while, I'm standing there already ticked off at the Target experience and meanwhile facing the possibility I'll only get BJ. Eventually, they come out and say they have 16 of everything - that's good, I think. Then I start seeing new people show up and join people near the front of the line. My "good old friend" Mickey, the kindly old lady with the sob stories about her poor injured grandsons, is constantly turning around to me saying "Oh no, looks like you're out! I'm number 16 now, you're 17, you're not getting any. Looks like you should just go home." By now this woman has a huge reputation for being a tremendous troll (she's even tagged as a scalper, so that jerk from Gamestop in the story above had told me, and certain stores refuse to sell amiibos to her anymore. She did let slip that she still has quite a few sitting in her closet, so I made sure to counter by hammering it in that scalper prices have dropped dramatically because everyone's sick of the madness).

Fortunately, my actual good buddy, Scot, is much farther up the line and texts me that he'll secure a 30th for me. We eventually find the newcomers aren't really there to buy, they're there to make deals with people up ahead. We also get tickets, and I secure 1 of each. TRU opens their doors and it's a similar scenario to last time - 100 Bowser Jr's are just sitting on a table for people to pick over, there's no real sense of direction, so the line loses its order. Not a big deal though, we have our tickets... or so I thought. I get my stuff with no problem, but I notice Scot's at the back of the line now. I wait for him, and he does have my 30th, but then I learn his partner got screwed out of hers. Apparently, one of the employees left one sitting on the counter, and someone snatched it up without a ticket. How they let this happen is a mystery, but long story short, he's not quite so willing to give it up. We play the whole "No it's OK, you take it" game and I end up losing my second reserved 30th.

At least there's a third chance with Amazon only 10 minutes away.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I got Olimar and Zero Suit Samus today. I didn't even realize amiibos were coming out todqy. I just saw them there at GameStop when I got there to pick up Super Mario Maker. I got them instead of pre-ordering the Master Chief Xbox One controller.

Top Bottom