• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Local Store near me (where I usually go for my locals) is holding an amiibo 2v2 tournament this Saturday: amiibo + owner vs amiibo + owner. Been waiting for something like this forever, never once have I got to battle my friends with amiiboz. But I've only got a few days to train up and find which two to bring with me, so once I get my game back from my mom in a few days I'm gonna do myself a little mini tournament between my toughest figurines I have: :4lucina::4pit::4greninja::4bowser::4peach::4robinm::4metaknight::4mario::4palutena::4charizard:, my Lucina is most likely to take the first slot but I dunno who the other one I make take with me. I'd put Mega Man in there, butI'm already going to be playing him so that's outta the question lol. I could also see myself entering :4mewtwo::4littlemac: in it, but they aren't fully trained and I don't know if I'll be able to make them buffed in time for it. Regardless who I bring though, I think this is something I'll most definitely be looking forward to.

Also, even tho I typically dislike the color gold, the Gold :4megaman: amiibo looks pretty dope and I was planning on getting Mega Man Legacy Collection for the 3DS anyways. Good to see that Capcom's starting to pay attention to his franchise againwith this and all the other stuff Mega Man's been getting lately, I know its not a new game but I can't remember the last time he had anything released on retail.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was at my local Smyths recently, and they are stocked pretty well. One section was about 7 rows of Amiibos, 7 Amiibos wide and 4 deep (5 if it had newer lines with smaller boxes). Another was the same but it was 2 deep. They had more behind the counter but I didn't see who. And as usual, they have more out back (usually super rare ones like Rosalina, she's marked as low stock on the website).

In terms of the characters they have a lot, but it's mostly Wave 1 commons and Marth, Wave 5 and 6, Mewtwo and Falco, the new Animal Crossing ones, and some Yarn Yoshis. Also one or two SM Mario and Toad. In general though, they only seem to have up to 3 of any one character, except for the latest ones like Mewtwo and Falco, which have quite a few still.

That was the first time I saw the Yarn Yoshis in person and they're so adorable. I was tempted to buy them but I want to wait until I have a bit more money, I don't wanna spend too much at once and the electricity has been more costly lately. I am glad to mostly be done with Amiibo collecting so I can start saving money more quickly, but I will admit the Yarn Yoshis especially tempt me (including Mega Yarn Yoshi), and I did end up with 5 of the 8 Super Mario ones, so I'm tempted to get the rest of those too (though they are surprisingly rare - Mario and Toad are easy to get, and Bowser is uncommon, but the rest are quite rare now).

It's so weird to think that I managed to get all of the Smash line (and some duplicates, and then those extra Mario ones - the rest of the Smash line is pretty much guaranteed for me too) less than a year after I started collecting. I was initially really only going to get my mains and characters I like, probably totalling to about 10-15 characters. However, I always had the desire to get all of them, I just thought it'd be way too much money for me. However, I ended up with lots of Christmas voucher money last Christmas that I didn't know what to do with, so when I saw some of the rarer Amiibos just sitting there, I grabbed all of them, and then got Fox as a present, and suddenly I already had 12 Amiibos, only 4 or 5 of which were definitely ones I was going to get in my initial plan. And it was from that point that I made it my mission to get the entire Smash line.

And this Amiibo collecting hobby made me collect other things too, and more actively seek out Collector's Editions of games and what not.

I went from this:

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

To this:

And it's so confusing yet satisfying at the same time!

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to get that out.

bluezero2x

Smash Rookie
I found an amiibo tier list, though i dont know if its good or not. What do you guys think are the best amiibos to work with?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found an amiibo tier list, though i dont know if its good or not. What do you guys think are the best amiibos to work with?
I know the one you are talking about and it's not worth paying attention to.

You can't really tier Amiibos since how good they are depends entirely on how you train them.

The only particularly special thing about any of the Amiibos is Rosalina. Since Amiibos are still basically the A.I, Rosalina can have an inherent advantage because the A.I doesn't seem to read Luma as a "character". They will dodge his attacks (since they are programmed to dodge anything that deals damage), but they don't seem to have any intention of attacking him. If they attack him, it's usually just because he was close to Rosalina and they were trying to hit her.

I think I trained my Amiibos to attack Luma, but I can't quite remember, it's been a while since I used them. But that still means Amiibos have to be specifically trained to register Luma as a threat, meaning Amiibos who aren't trained to do so would still be at a clear disadvantage if the Rosalina was well trained.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know the one you are talking about and it's not worth paying attention to.

You can't really tier Amiibos since how good they are depends entirely on how you train them.

The only particularly special thing about any of the Amiibos is Rosalina. Since Amiibos are still basically the A.I, Rosalina can have an inherent advantage because the A.I doesn't seem to read Luma as a "character". They will dodge his attacks (since they are programmed to dodge anything that deals damage), but they don't seem to have any intention of attacking him. If they attack him, it's usually just because he was close to Rosalina and they were trying to hit her.

I think I trained my Amiibos to attack Luma, but I can't quite remember, it's been a while since I used them. But that still means Amiibos have to be specifically trained to register Luma as a threat, meaning Amiibos who aren't trained to do so would still be at a clear disadvantage if the Rosalina was well trained.
Last I've checked, it's pointless to try to train your amiibo to fight the way that you want it to. Even at level 50, the amiibo isn't necessarily guaranteed to win against a level 9 CPU.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last I've checked, it's pointless to try to train your amiibo to fight the way that you want it to. Even at level 50, the amiibo isn't necessarily guaranteed to win against a level 9 CPU.
My Amiibos thrash Level 9 CPUs.

I've found it's more than possible to get Amiibos to fight a certain way. You just can't be too particular about it. They aren't supposed to mimic your style 1:1, they are supposed have a general style but then adapt to deal with different kinds of opponents.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My Amiibos thrash Level 9 CPUs.

I've found it's more than possible to get Amiibos to fight a certain way. You just can't be too particular about it. They aren't supposed to mimic your style 1:1, they are supposed have a general style but then adapt to deal with different kinds of opponents.
I guess one thing that I've noticed is that the Rosalina amiibo rarely uses Gravitational Pull, even when its usage is warranted. Of course, it has been quite a while since the last time I've used my amiibo figures in Smash Wii U.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's not pointless, it's just that you can't make your amiibo 100% play the way you want to, but your moves does slightly have some influence on your amiiibo. I wouldn't be surprise a Lv 50 amiibo that only fight with CPUs over it's entire training lost to a Lv 9 CPU.

And if my amiibo really lost to Lv 9, I will reset it to Lv 1 and train it again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And if my amiibo really lost to Lv 9, I will reset it to Lv 1 and train it again.
Last I've checked, amiibo figures can still learn new tactics, even after reaching level 50. But yes, you will have to reset its level back to 1 if you don't want it to keep its customized stats.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last I've checked, amiibo figures can still learn new tactics, even after reaching level 50. But yes, you will have to reset its level back to 1 if you don't want it to keep its customized stats.
I actually never put any customize stats when training, just in case my amiibo get too hard to deal with. I like to fight my amiibo with it's original stats.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Amiibos are mostly designed to beat your opponent. So it will most likely try to learn tactics to beat you if you keep 1v1ing it. It will learn a couple moves and combos you teach them, but it is more effective to have it on your team and fight some opponent if you want it to play more like you-ish.

It's also a great way to make your amiibos more offensive if your amiibos were becoming too patient and defensive. But I'd recommend 1v1s at the start if they're level 1 and eventually start doing 2v1s. I also recommend using a big character as the opponent in 2v1 as they have a big hit box. I do believe that you should go back to 1v1 in about level 45 and do a couple matches for them to get more used to 1v1s.

I find this method more satisfying as my best amiibo Lugy used to be too patient amd defensive. I didn't reset him him, I just did a few 2v1s and he improved very quickly. My more recent amiibo followed this method and they hold up a better than than some of my other amiibo eho didn't follow this method.

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , All of my amiibo are guaranteed to win against level 9 cpu. Even my unfed mario amiibo can do 1v2 level 9 cpus (but it's not that often). Lugy, while is fed, can guarantee to win 1v2s. Big Boss, while hacked, can handle 1v2 unfed level 50 amiibos (not guaranteed and still lost to Lugy in 1v1s which throws me off track on my experience of amiibos). I don't know what people are doing to not make it guaranteed to win against a level 9 cpu, but I can definitely believe in the possibility. I can say that I saw a replay of a team of 4 level 50 amiibos vs 4 level 3 cpus and the amiibos barely won. I just have to assume that there are people who are really doing something wrong if it can barely manage a level 3 cpu, and people who aren't quite there and are doing common mistakes that make their amiibo sometimes beat a level 9 cpu.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Has anybody seen any major restocks in the past few days? This is what I've seen in my area:

-Toys R Us has Greninja in stock in pretty large amounts
-Wal Mart has Fox on shelves
-EB Games has a few Shulks per store
-Best Buy has been getting Little Mac and Dark Pit

What's it like where you live?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone ever had the impression that the Bowser amiibo is too powerful? In a bunch of 8-player free-for-alls, he often tends to end up winning against my other amiibo figures.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has anyone ever had the impression that the Bowser amiibo is too powerful? In a bunch of 8-player free-for-alls, he often tends to end up winning against my other amiibo figures.
8-player free-for-alls
There's the problem. :p

Bowser in general is extremely powerful in a FFA setting, especially with that many opponents. He doesn't have to rely on accuracy as much an instead can unleash extremely powerful moves almost at random. He'll likely still hit someone.

D

Deleted member

My local Gamestop has gotten some restocks. I saw Ike, Fox, Lucario (I think?), Inklings, and others I'm forgetting.
And I saw a healthy stock of Ganondorf and Mewtwo as well. It was just so beautiful. I should have taken a picture.
That being said, I snagged an Ike amiibo so now I have all of the Fire Emblem ones (until Roy comes out).
And my niece gave me her Zelda amiibo last week so now I have 10. ^^

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Are Villager amiibos still rare? Because I saw one at The Toys R Us near me (And bought since I don't have one)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish Nintendo would make a game that used the Smash amiibo in a more meaningful way... where you are required to play with amiibo to play the game... kinda like Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival.

It would be nice if Nintendo made Smash Tour its own game... a Smash spin-off where you use your Smash amiibo to play the board maps (all based on various Nintendo worlds)... and players battle at the end of each turn.

Super Smash Bros.: amiibo Tour has a nice ring to it. :awesome:

Luuuis7

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new here and I'm actually training 2 amiibos :4link::4mario:

But I have a big problem with my link amiibo, he spam every time his up smash this wouldnt be a problem if he spam it when the enemie is in the air but the problem is that he approach an enemie and make his up smash without touching the enemie and the enemie take an advantage and make a smash against him, i don't know why he do this if i never did it, the other problem is that he is EXTREMELY DEFENSIVE, my style of battle with link is use his defensive spam like his arrow, his bombs and his boomerang to create a chance to smash the enemie I also use many times his dash attack and he NEVER use it, he wait me and when i come he use his clawshot aerial attack like 5 consecutive times even if he isnt hitting me so i throw my boomerang to hit him but he doesnt learn

I need help, can someone tell me a useful way to train link and how can i make him more aggresive

Thank you, deals;)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I got a Pit and Dark Pit amiibo in the sales... And Dark Pit is at just the right hight and angle to point his gun at Pit's head. I have to wonder if that was intentional.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Well I finally got my :4mewtwo: amiibo. So I finally got all the amiibo's I wanted. So for now I'm done......for now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since getting Falco, I have gotten the Yarn Yoshis.

I might be getting the Mega Yarn Yoshi as a Christams gift, and if not, I might spend vouchers on it or something.

Other than that, Shovel Knight should be coming out on Friday (assuming they don't delay him again) so I'll get him. And then that's it for Amiibos in 2015.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Over the past 4 months, I was able to get almost every Smash Brothers amiibo that came out so kudos to the guys back at Nintendo. The only ones I didn't get were Bowser.Jr (because TRU lives a little far from where I live if you don't know how to drive :() and Mii Fighters (because I don't have the money at the moment). I was also able to snag some of the other amiibos outside of the Smash Bros lineup. I got the Pink and Green Yarn Yoshis and the 30th Anniversary Mario. I also got a Tom Nook amiibo but I haven't opened it yet and its probably still in my closet where I left it (Sorry I'm not a huge fan of Animal Crossing. I mean, I like the games. Just not a fan). Also got a Little Mac and Fox from the restock at my area :D

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So Lucas amiibo is out here in Japan region, I'm gonna go and get him tomorrow.

Edit:
Got it.
P_20151221_142802.jpg

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633

Good Christmas haul. And I'm plenty aware Vader is not amiibo.
Also snagged a modern 8-bit Mario 3 days ago.
Archive update,blah blah. Not like you care.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
image.jpeg

I do plan to get some of the DLC ones, such as :4feroy:, :4cloud:, :4corrin: and maybe :4ryu:.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Yeah I know I already said I wasn't going to look for any specific new amiibo, but anyway I knew it wasn't a matter of whether I'd get any amiibo for Christmas but rather a matter of which ones I'd get, because my brother knew my tastes and gifted me these:

And thus my new and updated collection:

For Kirby I know I'll give him the name Cat's toy because of my cats' bad habit to play with the baubles on my Christmas trees :laugh: and for Olimar... well, I don't know yet, I'll choose when I'll scan him on my Gamepad with Smash Wii U :p

And why he chose those two specific characters well... he said there was no particular reason, he just picked up two he found at a store he said.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Two new amiibo have joined my party...

HNI_0023.JPG

The image isn't the best, but I basically got Mewtwo and Green Yarn Yoshi today.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Found an Australian site where amiibo are being sold for much cheaper than in Canada, or about the same with shipping taken into account ($11 or $12 Australian vs. $16 or $17 Canadian; the two are about on par with each other, though that's not taking shipping into account). If this works, my brother and I might be splitting Dedede, Meta Knight, K.K. Slider, ROB, and Lucina. (we'd rather not get the two amiibos that K.K. Slider and ROB are bundled with, and the other three are almost impossible to find)

D

Deleted member

My sister was at my local Best Buy last week and took this picture:

She said there around 60 Marths. 60! I wish I was there to see this beauty and wish I didn't overspend a Marth amiibo on eBay back in May. I could have been patient and waited 7 months! Oh well.

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
My sister was at my local Best Buy last week and took this picture:

She said there around 60 Marths. 60! I wish I was there to see this beauty and wish I didn't overspend a Marth amiibo on eBay back in May. I could have been patient and waited 7 months! Oh well.
Omg :o

I'm halfway done buying all the amiibos I want :)

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IMG_17072.jpg

It's been awhile since I've had something to brag about. :laugh:

Lucas looks a lot better than I would have thought given his open mouth. He stands well next to Ness just like Fox/Falco.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There have been rumblings of Nintendo making a (technically) free to play game involving amiibos. If they do, what kind of game would you want to see?

An idea that I saw on Reddit, I think, that I liked was an RPG where amiibos are your party members, and their stats are saved to the figurines.

Top Bottom