• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing 19-character c.vid. coming (not soon!) [Metagame 2?]

Metà

Smash Master
Would anyone get angry with me if I extended the time cutoff to sometime in mid-late 07?
This is a very wise decision, and I was just going to suggest it myself. It should definitely be *focused* on 08/09, but late 07 is recent enough that some really sexy clips from that time period shouldn't be denied.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Probably going to be anything in the last 6 months of 07...

i.e. no MLG Long Island, OC3, or FCD.

Sorry, I'm pretty sure you guys have seen M2k's Marth edgeguard on PC's Falcon and Forward's ZTD on Isai hundreds of times already; you've had enough.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I might extend the cutoff to anytime in 07.

Since the problem a lot of people had with Metagame was just its use of very old (i.e. DBR vids, old MLGs) clips. This way, we have all the good semi-recent clips, but it filters out all the stuff we've seen a million times (MLG 05-06, DBR, etc.)

Hmm..

I feel like excluding half the cast... because of a mild scarcity of footage... and because they suck.

What do you guys think?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^I think you should only put good clips. If a character just doesn't have good clips...then don't put them in the video. Simple as that.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yeah..... when I put clips on a combo video... of a lesser-used character..

I don't always really like the turnout.. because it pales in comparison to the higher ma-tier-ial.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I can't work on the trailer for a while....

Because I'm having computer issues....
And a ****load of homework I'm procrastinating till Thursday.
And then Smash on Friday-Saturday

Trust me though.. it's pretty epic so far.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Probably going to be anything in the last 6 months of 07...

i.e. no MLG Long Island, OC3, or FCD.

Sorry, I'm pretty sure you guys have seen M2k's Marth edgeguard on PC's Falcon and Forward's ZTD on Isai hundreds of times already; you've had enough.
That combo Isai did on bum on pokefloats is one of my favorites ever. Which was from MLG long island. :( Also I love that crazy m2k edge guard on pc's falcon a lot.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
^^But we've seen them a million times in nearly every non character specific combo video.
This.

p.s. I'll include them... but the whole thing won't be overused clips.

like M2k vs Ken from MLGs

Also, I've actually never seen Isai v Bum on Pokefroats.

Metà

Smash Master
For music, since this video probably isn't going to be done for like, several months, why not have someone do original music/remixes specifically for it? I know we have at least two AMAZING DJ's in the smash community that have done this kind of thing before. Eggz? Hella? Maybe just a couple tracks or something, idk. I'd help but I only do acoustic music. : /

Good idea? Plausible? Melee remixes are tight, but there are so few of them.

Foxy

Smash Master
Anyone know the clip of Alukard's Samus edgeguarding I think Scar's Falcon from a recent tourney from 0% to death?

It's sexy

It's just like that one where Eggz does it with Mario except it's Samus and not everyone has seen it 5,000 times.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Okay, can I make a suggestion on music? DJ Eggz has some amazing mixes. I think that music by him would be a good idea for the vid.
I've heard every single DJ Eggz song so far up to Hardstyle Deux. I'll go check his newer stuff.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
That combo Isai did on bum on pokefloats is one of my favorites ever. Which was from MLG long island. :( Also I love that crazy m2k edge guard on pc's falcon a lot.
The knee->uair uair -> knee?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Jeeze, you guys don't have to recommend me to matches that it's amazingly obvious that I've already seen (any large tourneys finals matches or something that's already been on a combo vid I've made)

What's next? Is someone going to direct me to Forward vs Taj or something?

p.s.

I want to call this video R.A.P.E.

Meaning will be revealed in the trailer.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ATTENTION:

Apparently, I can't title this combo video **** because of Virgilijus.

Eggm

Smash Hero
You have no idea how much stuff from revival is going to be in this lmao. That tournament was too good.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Honestly, after seeing Revival firsthand the bar has been raised.

M2k vs DSW match 4 ROM

:055, 2:10, then 3:03 until the end of the match are all crazy, and all just 1 match of the awesomeness that happened in Revival. Take your time man there is a ton of videos that were recorded. Hopefully everyone helps out and finds a lot of combos for him.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Revival of melee is going to have so many clips in this!!!

"Revival of Melee" is also a pretty good name for the combo video itself

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't want to take the name from the tournament though.

I still really need a title though....

egreene

Smash Rookie
Tee ay eye,

make the title "SSBB: super smash bro's betrayal", or "Roses are red, Violets are blue, Melee is 1000X better than Bawrl"

Samochan

Smash Master
A classical music piece going by the name Ride by Bind, found from Shine album, would be good choice for the marth section imo. =)

Also, if you are interested in some of armada's combos found from this combo vid here, I can get em to ya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQ89h9cLoI

The darker brightness vids that are not as vivid as the rest are from sr3, which was 2007, but many of those are from esa2, which was on february 2008 and armada has loads of more recent vids on ajp anton server with awesome quality. If you cannot download them, I can try and send some for you if you wish to include him in as well (which you should, because armada is awesome and shouldn't be neglected).

http://ajp.no-ip.org/ssbm/
esa2, uppsmash, smail2 and sr4 are 08-09 tourneys. (type armada on the right corner search)

There's also 2 big european tourneys in like, 2 and 3 weeks, so we should be able to get lots of vids, perhaps even myself could qualify for this with some awesome combos I might manage. :3 I'ma gonna gleam trough some smail2 vids on my spare time.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajpanton&view=videos&start=40 - Esa2 matches
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KinochiwaJoeru&view=videos&start=40 - Some uppsmash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYYcchFa4T8 - Last combo, starts from 1:47 (sr4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwniJTi5bSo&fmt=18

I also have a possible title for this, "Resuscitation of Melee/Smash"

Top Bottom