• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Altogether for a chain attack!"-Shulk combo thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jump: Up throw -> full hop F-air

I've been using this a lot recently, I just couldn't tell if it was a true combo before today. I guess my timing was off the other times I tried it. Works at percents >100% or something, more or less depending on weight.

Planning to get all the numbers for the combos. I've already done some work for buster d-throw > d-tilt but **** lol. I'm feeling lazy. I'll continue another time
The OP could use some tidying up. Having the combos arranged by art instead of just recency would do it some good. I could think of other suggestions for cleanup, but organization is a start.

Last edited:
The OP could use some tidying up. Having the combos arranged by art instead of just recency would do it some good. I could think of other suggestions for cleanup, but organization is a start.
Alright. I've organized the combos by arts (Vanilla > Jump > Speed > Shield > Buster > Smash). I'm open to more suggestions with improving the OP

Other than updating the percentages and numbers. I'm working on it lol

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Will link the vid here as well as post my info here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIkXnDxNuCM

Lock Max Percent *For Link*:
DAir-0-36%
FAir-0-35% With tipper
FTilt-0-32% With tipper
BAir- N/A

FAir knocks Link down at 18%
BAir knocks Link down at 17%

Lock Windows *For Link*
1.Regular Locks

FAir-AC-DAir 18%-29% Speed
BAir-AC-DAir 17%-24% Speed
FAir-AC-FAir 18%-28% Buster
BAir-AC-Fair 17%-23% Buster
FAir-AC-FTilt 18%-25% Buster
BAir-AC-FTilt 17%-20% Buster

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Alright. I've organized the combos by arts (Vanilla > Jump > Speed > Shield > Buster > Smash). I'm open to more suggestions with improving the OP

Other than updating the percentages and numbers. I'm working on it lol
I made many changes to the OP, which I've listed below. You can use them, stick with what you have, or make your own changes.

If you get those percentages done I'd recommend putting them in the table you have in the second post, not in the OP.

-Removed most of the underlines/italics (I don't get why those were there; they didn't make reading any easier)

-Organized combos in order of tilts, aerials, throws, then specials (if applicable) and grouped them by their starting move

-Removed links and percentages (looks much neater, and you can just contain data elsewhere if there is any demand)

-Standardized terminology (dash and run were used interchangeably, so I just went with dash)

-Removed pseudo combos (they can have their own section, but do not belong with true combos)

Removing the percentages also nullifies the disclaimer on the second line that they might be incorrect.

Because everyone was asking for this

Post any combo here. Please indicate the art you used. Note that every percentage and number may be wrong due to execution being a factor

Credit to @TheHopefulHero for helping me with this

Vanilla/Normal

U-tilt -> u-tilt

N-air -> grab (works in any art)
N-air -> f-smash
N-air -> f-tilt
N-air -> d-tilt
N-air -> u-tilt
N-air -> b-air
N-air -> dash attack (works in any art)
N-air -> Air Slash (works in any art)

F-air -> f-tilt
F-air -> d-tilt

B-air -> Air Slash

Falling u-air -> u-tilt

F-air -> dash attack (works in any art)

Jump (vanilla + ...)

U-tilt > f-air > f-air
U-tilt -> f-air -> Air Slash
U-tilt > u-air

D-tilt > f-air

N-air -> f-air

N-air -> f-air -> f-air

N-air -> f-air -> Air slash
N-air -> f-air -> f-air -> Air Slash
N-air -> d-air
N-air -> b-air

F-air -> jab
F-air -> f-air

F-air -> Air Slash

B-air -> jab
B-air -> f-tilt
B-air -> d-tilt

D-throw > Dash > F-air

U-throw -> Air slash

U-throw -> F-air

Speed
D-tilt -> Dash -> F-air

N-air -> f-air

F-air -> jab

D-throw -> Dash -> F-air

D-throw -> Dash -> Air Slash

Shield (more or less, see vanilla)

Buster

D-throw -> f-tilt
D-throw -> d-tilt
D-throw -> f-smash

D-throw -> Air Slash

D-throw -> jab

Nair -> Grab -> Dthrow -> D-tilt - 29% damage
N-air -> f-tilt
N-air -> d-tilt
N-air -> u-tilt

N-air -> f-smash

Smash (more or less, see vanilla)

Reliable pseudos (this includes locks and their setups) (listed by art)

[to be determined]

Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel (combos listed by the art chosen)

Format:
-> reads "into"
>> reads "mallc into [art]" followed by your next option

Ex. F-air >> f-air -> f-air

[other combos to be determined]

Miscellaneous (links, percentages, etc)

[to be determined]
Not sure if customs have a place here. If they do, feel free to add them.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jump: D-throw -> b-air

Tricky reverse aerial rush. I got it to work at 80% on Wario, but I think it works earlier than that too. Also works later. Heavily DI dependent from what I can tell.

If they DI up (as if trying to survive d-throw) this combo might be able to finish their stock near the ledge.

Tricky reverse aerial rush. I got it to work at 80% on Wario
You wanna know what's funny?

I also did this on a Wario a few hours ago. Lol. Thanks for sharing Zatch <3

Jump: N-air > F-air > F-air > F-air although you're probably going to die even if you pull it off so use it when your opponent is down to one stock

Last edited:
Gonna update the thread....

Like soon....

For now:

F-air > Art cancel into speed art > Dash grab > D-throw + Buffered deactivation > Switch to jump > F-air > Art cancel into jump > Dash grab > (U-throw >) U-tilt > F-air > F-air > Air Slash

U-throw is not necessary btw

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Quite a few for Buster, but they're just more universal combos. F-air is awesome.

F-air -> f-tilt
F-air -> d-tilt
F-air -> f-smash

D-throw -> f-air

U-tilt -> f-air
D-tilt f-air

Buffering deactivation turns some of these into true kill setups, but it can be difficult.

And this combo works in Speed too.

Wow, Im just picking up shulk and i really thought he didint have to many combos outside of manado lag canceling, he is a really complete character im loving him
I'm currently updating the thread. There are more combos incoming. Including MALLC and MADTD stuff

could you explain how this works or throw me a video?

lol kirby <3
Better way of explaining it

Here ya go:
Alright, I was messing around with buffering Monado Art deactivations, and I found some very practical and useful strings. Notice I said strings, though some of these are very close to being true combos, as at their very core most of these use the Speed down throw into forward air. I also have not had the chance to test these against a human opponent. Anyway, all of these strings use down throw and exploit buffered Monado Art deactivations. For now, I'll just call this technique "Monado Art Down Throw Deactivation" or "MADTD".

This is a KO string from a speed down throw at mid percent. Basically, during the down throw animation, press B three times so that when the animation ends, Speed will automatically be deactivated. However, you will still have the speed buff for a short time after deactivation, allowing you to quickly dash up and continue the combo. After this, Jump is started up at just the right time to MALLC a forward air when you land. After this is just two more forward airs. This is an example of the best that can happen with a buffered deactivation into another Art. Notice how Dark Pit jumps into the last forward air. The last forward air is less guaranteed than the rest, so watch out for airdodges.

You can also perform a Speed to Jump MADTD at low percents, as shown by this clip.

With MADTD, Buster down throw gets some neat followups with the help of Jump.

Proper use of MADTD near the ledge can yield devastating results.

You can also MADTD into Speed instead of Jump. I don't believe it's feasible to go past Speed, unfortunately.

And finally, here is a "kill confirm" with a Buster to Vanilla MADTD. That's in quotes because it's not a true combo. Nevertheless, it's a nice option.

Again, please understand that this was tested in one night vs. a CPU, and therefore DI was not really factor. However, I'm cautiously optimistic about this technique, as it gives Shulk much better throw followups and even KO strings. I encourage you guys to try this out and come up with your own uses for MADTD. Heck, you might not even need a down thrown to find use in buffering Monado Art deactivations.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Loving the changes to the op!

I believe Buster D-throw -> Advancing Air Slash can be avoided by DI'ing away in many cases. When noticing this, I've been making up for it by doing Buster D-throw -> Dash -> Advancing Air Slash. It might also be because I'm using Decisive Buster, which does a bit more damage... Well, anyways, Air dodging is a rather poor choice by the opponent here. If I see an air dodge I might do an up smash instead, which btw, really hurts in Decisive Buster XD. If they decide to jump away, Advancing Air Slash still hits them. On second thought, jumping away + air dodging might not even work, for the second hit of advancing Air Slash could possibly still get them! I have a vague memory of this happening against another Shulk I recently played.

Overall, I love advancing air slash as a combo move. It does more damage than F-tilt, has the same speed as D-tilt, has the same horizontal range as D-tilt, and has a huge vertical range. Compared to regular air slash, it's much less likely for the opponent to get out between the first and second slash, and of course, AAS deals more damage. Nair -> Advancing Air slash? Cool. Buster D-throw -> Advancing Air Slash. Speed D-throw -> Dash -> Advancing Air Slash. D-tilt -> Advancing Air Slash. Fair -> Advancing Air Slash. Advancing Air Slash -> punish landing with another Advancing Air Slash (not a combo but it makes me laugh when I just AAS repeatedly and it keeps connecting).

Props to @ Zatchiel Zatchiel for giving me a lot of ideas with the template, and for providing me with one :)

Gonna update the thread with customs soon

Edit: Done. Well... sort of. Lol. I'll put the custom combos sooner or later (Sooner if someone helps me compile them all)

If anyone has any objections with the list of pseudos, feel free to tell me to change it. Thaaanks

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Mace and I tested DI'ing away, and it was not as bad as I thought. Shulk worked from at least 0-8% still (usually 0-11) and DK got lowered from 0-53 to about 0-38. I did not dash before AAS, just standing still, like in the percents in the OP.

Hmm... when I was with Mace I also tested Dair (both hits) >>(Decisive Buster MALLC)>> uncharged F-smash. It definitely breaks shields. The hitlag is very minimal if at all when doing it on shield, so you actually need to do a Decisive MALLC method similar to what you would do with an Fair. Even then, actually might want to hit b slightly before you normally would. If they unshield between the Dair and F-smash, to try to grab or something, they eat like 31% damage. You don't actually seem to need to hit both hits of Dair either. Doing just the second hit also worked. F-tilt did not.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
I was thinking...can some of the combos Zatchiel posted (with buster) be extremely good KO setups by buffering not only the deactivation but also a switch to Smash? The problem is that the speed for it is insane (8 buttons in 30 frames) and I don't know if Smash can activate in time but maybe with something like Dthrow to Fair it can. It would be amazing because at the ledgeit could KO people at 90%. Can sosomeone test it for me? I can't right now because I'm on a vacation but I may do it in like 1 week

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I was thinking...can some of the combos Zatchiel posted (with buster) be extremely good KO setups by buffering not only the deactivation but also a switch to Smash? The problem is that the speed for it is insane (8 buttons in 30 frames) and I don't know if Smash can activate in time but maybe with something like Dthrow to Fair it can. It would be amazing because at the ledgeit could KO people at 90%. Can sosomeone test it for me? I can't right now because I'm on a vacation but I may do it in like 1 week
True deactivation combos are only feasible when it comes to going from an art to vanilla. Arts can't be selected and activate quickly enough to follow up truly in those cases. That's where the pseudos come in handy.

As you described, you can still get some swanky kills by chasing as the art activates. For example, there are very, very few situations were d-throw (any art) into a switch to Smash is sub-optimal.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Jab -> Advancing Air Slash or Jab -> jab -> AAS are probably better than jab (1) -> jab (1). Just like jab -> jab, it's not true if they shield, but it's much more reliable. While jab -> jab technically has potential to be faster, you will realistically sacrifice frames due to delay. Remember, since this game is 60 fps, even a frame 10 frame delay is easy due to only actually being 1/6 of a second. Like, that's actually a short amount of time. Clap 6 times per second. Ask yourself, do you not think you could accidentally have that amount of time delayed between your hits? If you could, it's probably better to jab -> Advancing Air Slash. Since you can spam up B without triggering the second hit of jab, there's no worry about any delay with advancing air slash. It's like doing jab->jab with only 1/12 second delay between the two jabs, which is probably more precise than you would ever get. Also, remember, at 14 damage (Vanilla), Advancing Air Slash does more damage than F-tilt! I would be talking about Jab -> Regular Air Slash, but to be honest... I don't trust that move. It always fails me!

Last edited:
Jab -> d-tilt or jab -> u-tilt is a fairly reliable set-up. With buster art, you can follow up a dash grab, f-tilt, another d-tilt, or an f-smash after jab -> d-tilt

Jab -> D-tilt -> Dash grab -> F-throw
Jab -> D-tilt -> D-tilt -> Dash grab -> F-throw

N-air -> Jab -> D-tilt -> Dash grab -> D-throw -> F-smash

Oh, and in speed art, d-throw -> f-air -> f-air is reliable at ~42% against Marth. More or less

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Good news everyone.

Jab -> Advancing Air Slash or Air Slash true combos against certain characters. Like, true true. They cannot shield, they cannot air dodge. The only complication was Rosalina, who I was testing this on, could jump THEN air dodge. However, regular air slash hits perfectly when she is done with her air dodge, before she can do another. We can also delay the second slash if needed. Technically, Jab -> AAS is not a true combo for vs Rosalina unless in Monado Jump. However, it is a true combo for characters that are hit lower by the first slash or have a lower jump. I've tested DI - doesn't help them much. The only thing DI does is with regular air slash, DI'ing inwards does allow them to escape the second slash (as it usually does).

The opponent's percentage does not matter, so it works from 0-999% for any of these characters. So it kills. OUR PERCENT is what matters, due to the rage effect.

So here we are: OUR PERCENT
:substitute:* - an asterisk after a character's picture indicates that jab 1 must be spaced to work.
:substitute:1 - a 1 after a character's picture indicates that the second hit of regular air slash will not chain from the first. You must either be in Monado Jump or using Advancing Air Slash for it to work.

Works from 0%:
:rosalina:

Works from 60%
:4kirby::4olimar:*:4peach:*

Works from 80%:
:4olimar::4peach::4mewtwo:*:4gaw:*

Works from 100%
:4gaw::4mewtwo:*:4zelda:*

Works from 125%
:4mewtwo:1:4zelda:1:4tlink:*:4luigi:*

Works from 150%
:4tlink::4luigi::4ness:1:4pacman:1:4villagerf:1*:4lucas:1*:4yoshi:*:4samus:*:4duckhunt:*:4pit:*:4darkpit:*

At 200%
:4samus::4pikachu:1*

Things I did not test:
-Did not test if every character can jump+air dodge to get out, and if they are hit by the second slash. That would take too much time.
-Did not test when characters like Rosalina are hit out of the second slash of regular air slash. However, I did this in the past, and it seems to be mostly correct. The percents below might be slightly off due to with jab -> AS you being closer to the opponent when hitting them, which actually raises the percents AS will connect.:
Ever curious what grounded opponents Air Slash works on (both hits)?

Note: The only things that change how high the opponent is hit by air slash are the rage effect, whether or not the opponent is crouching, whether or not the move is tipped, and the position he is in relation to you.

-The opponent's damage does not matter. They can be at 999% and it will work.

-Your Monado Art does not matter at all, except for Monado Jump.

-edit: staling does not matter

-edit: Oh, and DI affects it too.

I will be testing opponents who are standing on level ground.

Shulk at 0%, Air Slash does not work on:

Jigglypuff

Shield Shulk

Shulk at 0%, Jump Air Slash does not work on:

Bowser

Wario

Link

Marth

Ike

Robin

King Dedede

Charizard

Captain Falcon

Monado Jump Shulk

Monado Shield Shulk

Lucina

Mega Man

When rage makes normal air slash stop working:

(It's important you read these as your own percents, not the opponents' percents)

Luigi ~142%

Peach ~110%

Rosalina ~85%

G&W ~55%

Little Mac ~125%

Zelda ~97%

ZSS ~120%

Pit ~149%

Paulutena ~114%

Kirby ~56%

Meta Knight ~128%

Falco ~116%

Pikachu ~75%

Ness ~120%

Villager ~136%

Olimar ~84%

WFT ~139%

Smash Shulk ~140% (note, this is when YOU are at 140% and in any mode but Jump)

Dark Pit ~149%

Pac-Man ~126%

When rage makes Jump air slash stop working:

Jigglypuff ~110%

When rage makes normal air slash start working:

Shield Shulk ~86%

When rage makes Jump air slash start working:

Bowser ~89%

Wario ~57%

Link ~36%

Marth ~35%

Ike ~42%

Robin ~43%

King Dedede ~58%

Charizard ~47%
I did test to see that Rosalina still cannot just air dodge to get out of the combo even at 150%.

Anyways...
Jab -> dash grab is also a true combo against these characters - and more characters - unless they use their double jump. So yeah.

Jab 1 -> jab 1 as a true combo is possible IF they don't jump. However, you cannot jab infinite, for either the opponent is hit too far away or you yourself are sent back too much. Even if you could infinite, again, they can just jump.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Good stuff Erico! I updated the OP and put jab -> air slash/AAS and jab -> dash grab in the true combo section

So if jab -> air slash/AAS works, does that mean jab -> d-tilt works? I mean, both attacks come out at F10 so maybe it should work

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Good stuff Erico! I updated the OP and put jab -> air slash/AAS and jab -> dash grab in the true combo section

So if jab -> air slash/AAS works, does that mean jab -> d-tilt works? I mean, both attacks come out at F10 so maybe it should work
Technically it would if they don't jump. You would need to have more rage effect than with air slash though, for without buffering, you are going to sacrifice some frames just due to slight differences in timing. It's just going to happen.

Jab -> U-tilt might be nice if they do jump. Will need to test tomorrow.

Last edited:

ThrivingIvan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-2824-1980

Post any combo here. Please indicate the art you used. Note that every percentage and number may be wrong due to execution being a factor

Credit to everyone for helping me with this

------------------------

True combos

Universal

Jab -> Air Slash
Jab -> Advancing air slash
Jab -> Dash grab

U-tilt -> u-tilt
U-tilt -> f-air

D-tilt -> f-air

N-air -> jab combo
N-air -> grab
N-air -> f-smash
N-air -> f-tilt
N-air -> d-tilt
N-air -> u-tilt
N-air -> b-air
N-air -> dash attack
N-air -> Air Slash
N-air -> back slash

F-air -> f-tilt
F-air -> d-tilt
F-air -> dash attack
Fair -> Air Slash

B-air -> Air Slash
B-air -> b-air

U-air -> u-tilt
U-air -> u-air

Jump (Default / Decisive / Hyper)

U-tilt -> u-air
U-tilt -> air slash

U-tilt -> f-air -> f-air

D-tilt > f-air

N-air -> f-air
N-air -> d-air

N-air -> b-air
N-air -> f-air -> f-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-air
N-air -> u-tilt -> f-air -> f-air
N-air -> u-tilt -> f-air -> air slash

F-air -> jab
F-air -> f-air
F-air -> Air Slash

B-air -> jab
B-air -> f-tilt
B-air -> d-tilt

D-throw > Dash > F-air

U-throw -> Air slash
U-throw -> F-air

Speed (Default / Decisive / Hyper)

D-tilt -> Dash -> F-air

N-air -> f-air

N-air -> f-air
N-air -> b-air

N-air -> d-air
N-air -> air slash
F-air -> jab
F-air -> f-air
N-air -> f-air -> f-air
N-air -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-air

D-throw -> Dash -> F-air

Buster (Default / Decisive / Hyper)

D-tilt -> D-tilt
D-tilt -> F-tilt
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> F-throw
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> B-throw
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> D-throw -> D-tilt
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> D-throw -> F-tilt

N-air > D-tilt > F-tilt
N-air > D-tilt > D-tilt
N-air -> Grab -> Dthrow -> D-tilt
N-air -> D-throw -> F-smash
N-air -> D-throw -> F-tilt

D-throw -> f-tilt
D-throw -> d-tilt
D-throw -> f-smash
D-throw -> Air Slash
D-throw -> jab

----------------

Reliable pseudos

Universal

Jab -> D-tilt
Jab -> U-tilt

U-tilt -> Air slash
U-tilt -> B-air

U-throw -> U-tilt

B-throw -> back slash

D-tilt > F-air > Air Slash
D-tilt > F-air > F-air

F-air > D-air
N-air > F-air > D-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-air > Air slash
N-air > D-throw > F-air > Air slash

Jab -> d-air

D-tilt -> F-air -> F-air
D-tilt -> Dash -> F-air -> air slash

N-air -> f-air -> d-air
N-air -> f-air -> f-air -> air slash
N-air -> dash grab -> b-throw -> back slash
N-air -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-air -> air slash

F-air -> d-air

D-throw -> f-air -> f-air
D-throw -> Dash -> F-air -> air slash

B-throw -> D-air

Jab -> D-tilt -> F-smash

D-tilt > F-smash

D-tilt > dash grab > d-throw > f-tilt
D-tilt > dash grab -> d-throw -> f-smash
D-tilt > D-tilt > Dash grab > D-throw > F-smash

U-tilt -> Air slash

Dash attack -> F-smash
Dash attack -> F-tilt

N-air > U-tilt > Air slash

N-air > U-tilt > F-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-smash
N-air > U-tilt > B-air
N-air > D-tilt > Dash grab > B-throw > Back Slash
N-air > D-tilt > Dash grab > D-throw > F-smash

F-air -> Dash attack -> F-tilt
F-air -> Dash attack -> F-smash
F-air (Edge slip) -> F-tilt -> N-air -> D-throw -> Dash attack

B-air -> F-tilt
B-air -> F-smash
B-air (Edge slip) -> F-tilt -> N-air -> Air slash

D-throw > Dash attack > F-tilt
D-throw > Dash attack > F-smash

U-throw > U-tilt

B-throw + Back Slash
----------------

Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel combos
-> or > reads "into"

F-air >> Any art -> D-air
F-air >> Any art -> F-air
F-air >> Any art -> F-tilt
F-air >> Speed art -> Dash grab -> D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> U-tilt -> F-air -> F-air -> Air slash

B-air >> Any art -> F-smash
B-air >> Any art -> F-tilt
B-air >> Any art -> F-air
B-air >> Speed art -> D-air
B-air >> Any art -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-air
B-air >> Buster -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-smash
B-air >> Buster -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-tilt
B-air >> Speed art -> dash grab -> d-throw + buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> F-air -> F-tilt
B-air >> Speed art -> dash grab -> d-throw + buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> u-tilt -> f-air -> f-air -> air slash

----------------

Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel set-ups

D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> Air slash
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> F-air
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> U-smash
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> B-air
D-throw + Buffered deactivation

Credit to everyone for helping me with this

------------------------

True combos

Universal

Jab -> Air Slash
Jab -> Advancing air slash
Jab -> Dash grab

U-tilt -> u-tilt
U-tilt -> f-air

D-tilt -> f-air

N-air -> jab combo
N-air -> grab
N-air -> f-smash
N-air -> f-tilt
N-air -> d-tilt
N-air -> u-tilt
N-air -> b-air
N-air -> dash attack
N-air -> Air Slash
N-air -> back slash

F-air -> f-tilt
F-air -> d-tilt
F-air -> dash attack
Fair -> Air Slash

B-air -> Air Slash
B-air -> b-air

U-air -> u-tilt
U-air -> u-air

U-tilt -> u-air
U-tilt -> air slash

U-tilt -> f-air -> f-air

D-tilt > f-air

N-air -> f-air
N-air -> d-air

N-air -> b-air
N-air -> f-air -> f-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-air
N-air -> u-tilt -> f-air -> f-air
N-air -> u-tilt -> f-air -> air slash

F-air -> jab
F-air -> f-air
F-air -> Air Slash

B-air -> jab
B-air -> f-tilt
B-air -> d-tilt

D-throw > Dash > F-air

U-throw -> Air slash
U-throw -> F-air

D-tilt -> Dash -> F-air

N-air -> f-air

N-air -> f-air
N-air -> b-air

N-air -> d-air
N-air -> air slash
F-air -> jab
F-air -> f-air
N-air -> f-air -> f-air
N-air -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-air

D-throw -> Dash -> F-air

D-tilt -> D-tilt
D-tilt -> F-tilt
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> F-throw
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> B-throw
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> D-throw -> D-tilt
D-tilt -> Dash grab -> D-throw -> F-tilt

N-air > D-tilt > F-tilt
N-air > D-tilt > D-tilt
N-air -> Grab -> Dthrow -> D-tilt
N-air -> D-throw -> F-smash
N-air -> D-throw -> F-tilt

D-throw -> f-tilt
D-throw -> d-tilt
D-throw -> f-smash
D-throw -> Air Slash
D-throw -> jab

----------------

Reliable pseudos

Universal

Jab -> D-tilt
Jab -> U-tilt

U-tilt -> Air slash
U-tilt -> B-air

U-throw -> U-tilt

B-throw -> back slash

D-tilt > F-air > Air Slash
D-tilt > F-air > F-air

F-air > D-air
N-air > F-air > D-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-air > Air slash
N-air > D-throw > F-air > Air slash

Jab -> d-air

D-tilt -> F-air -> F-air
D-tilt -> Dash -> F-air -> air slash

N-air -> f-air -> d-air
N-air -> f-air -> f-air -> air slash
N-air -> dash grab -> b-throw -> back slash
N-air -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-air -> air slash

F-air -> d-air

D-throw -> f-air -> f-air
D-throw -> Dash -> F-air -> air slash

B-throw -> D-air

Jab -> D-tilt -> F-smash

D-tilt > F-smash

D-tilt > dash grab > d-throw > f-tilt
D-tilt > dash grab -> d-throw -> f-smash
D-tilt > D-tilt > Dash grab > D-throw > F-smash

U-tilt -> Air slash

Dash attack -> F-smash
Dash attack -> F-tilt

N-air > U-tilt > Air slash

N-air > U-tilt > F-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-air
N-air > D-tilt > F-smash
N-air > U-tilt > B-air
N-air > D-tilt > Dash grab > B-throw > Back Slash
N-air > D-tilt > Dash grab > D-throw > F-smash

F-air -> Dash attack -> F-tilt
F-air -> Dash attack -> F-smash
F-air (Edge slip) -> F-tilt -> N-air -> D-throw -> Dash attack

B-air -> F-tilt
B-air -> F-smash
B-air (Edge slip) -> F-tilt -> N-air -> Air slash

D-throw > Dash attack > F-tilt
D-throw > Dash attack > F-smash

U-throw > U-tilt

----------------

Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel combos
-> or > reads "into"

F-air >> Any art -> D-air
F-air >> Any art -> F-air
F-air >> Any art -> F-tilt
F-air >> Speed art -> Dash grab -> D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> U-tilt -> F-air -> F-air -> Air slash

B-air >> Any art -> F-smash
B-air >> Any art -> F-tilt
B-air >> Any art -> F-air
B-air >> Speed art -> D-air
B-air >> Any art -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-air
B-air >> Buster -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-smash
B-air >> Buster -> dash grab -> d-throw -> f-tilt
B-air >> Speed art -> dash grab -> d-throw + buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> F-air -> F-tilt
B-air >> Speed art -> dash grab -> d-throw + buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> u-tilt -> f-air -> f-air -> air slash

----------------

Monado Art Landing Lag Cancel set-ups

D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> Air slash
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> F-air
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> U-smash
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> B-air
D-throw + Buffered deactivation -> F-air >> Jump art -> F-air > F-air

ThrivingIvan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-2824-1980
Oh whoops. I meant to point out b-throw back slash as a buster combo. Sorry for any confusion

Last edited:

Jinban

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sriks49
Are combos into back slash going to be added? obvious ones Nair > BS and Jump: SH Fair > BS

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
So we get the back hit of BS with Jump Fair ---> BS? I remember that Nair always turntthe opponent to face you from former testing. Is this the case with Fair?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
They mean the Front hit of BS. Which btw, it'd be a good idea to specify the respective BS combos by listing a (Front) or (Back) to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Jinban

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sriks49
ahhh, makes sense. Also Jump: Fair > Back Slash (Front) seems to be extremely difficult to true combo with some characters and it doesn't look like SHing works on everyone, especially small people, so you'd have to be off stage or come on stage with a Fair (my personal logic is that if it works on pikachu probably works for most of the cast, so I'll have to research further). Maybe if you're using Fair to get back on stage this could be a possible follow-up?
Also a MALLC combo not in the OP: F-air >> Any art -> Back Slash (front)
Maybe not as useful as the others but it seems to work at later percents.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
ahhh, makes sense. Also Jump: Fair > Back Slash (Front) seems to be extremely difficult to true combo with some characters and it doesn't look like SHing works on everyone, especially small people, so you'd have to be off stage or come on stage with a Fair (my personal logic is that if it works on pikachu probably works for most of the cast, so I'll have to research further). Maybe if you're using Fair to get back on stage this could be a possible follow-up?
Also a MALLC combo not in the OP: F-air >> Any art -> Back Slash (front)
Maybe not as useful as the others but it seems to work at later percents.
For what it's worth, Jump: Ledgedrop away or down > Doublejump > F-air > BS (Front) can catch people if they flinch long enough. Either that, or they tumble early hitting the floor missing the tech and get hit by BS. The rare beauty of this combo is that if you've drifted toward them and input BS, you just might be close enough to get the back hit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom