• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Altogether for a chain attack!"-Shulk combo thread

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
By using jab -> Air Slash, you do still jab cancel. As seen in the Smash Dictionary:
The frame that you can crouch on is the same frame that all other options become available to you, or in other words, that is where the 'IASA' frame is for that Jab.
Crouching does nothing special. It's only useful for when characters have frames to link into another jab which last longer than the IASA frames for the jab, so that people can do jab repeatedly. On that note, I don't think Shulk's jab is any faster if you try to crouch in order to jab cancel. I think it is the same speed as hit A -> wait -> hit A

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Right on then. I don't feel lost anymore from all those minutes watching Jab > Air Slash in 1/4x speed & trying to see if crouching even helped.

I wanna say that Shulk needs some Rage effect for Jab > Air Slash to be true. Doing it on Jigglypuff or Bowser in Training Mode gave me enough time with both characters to avoid the Air Slash. So this isn't a 0% guarantee for those characters, but again I'm sure it's doable with some Rage accumulated.

Last edited:

Taitsu

Smash Rookie
If your opponent doesn't have a quick aerial (Luigi, Ness...) and/or isn't too floaty (Rosa), you can sneak a jab1 -> Fsmash, which often secures a kill near the edge at around 60%. Timing is quite tight, but worst case you just jab 2 so that's not too bad.
The opponent usually can't jump out this string in time, and if he/she airdodges, he/she gets caught by the second hit because of the landing lag. The main counter is to anticipate the stringcombo by DIing down the jab1 hit and shield before the smash connects.

@ Masonomace Masonomace what do you mean "tapping footstool"? Are there different ways to footstool? I only know about pressing any jump button right in the face of your opponent.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Masonomace Masonomace what do you mean "tapping footstool"? Are there different ways to footstool? I only know about pressing any jump button right in the face of your opponent.
I guess there would be two kinds of footstooling, but they're not completely different or anything. When I say "tapped footstooling", you're just tapping the jump button. And you can also choose to hold the jump button to make your footstool go much higher. That's why I say Tapped Footstool Jump (TFJ) & Held Footstool Jump (HFJ).

Last edited:
If your opponent doesn't have a quick aerial (Luigi, Ness...) and/or isn't too floaty (Rosa), you can sneak a jab1 -> Fsmash, which often secures a kill near the edge at around 60%. Timing is quite tight, but worst case you just jab 2 so that's not too bad.
The opponent usually can't jump out this string in time, and if he/she airdodges, he/she gets caught by the second hit because of the landing lag. The main counter is to anticipate the stringcombo by DIing down the jab1 hit and shield before the smash connects
F-smash comes out a bit too slow for that to be reliable imo

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The opponent usually can't jump out this string in time, and if he/she airdodges, he/she gets caught by the second hit because of the landing lag. The main counter is to anticipate the stringcombo by DIing down the jab1 hit and shield before the smash connects.
F-smash comes out a bit too slow for that to be reliable imo
It's a very good pseudo, but it is rather unreliable.

You won't get it too often in a heated battle, so I'd suggest not tossing it out willy-nilly. As Taitsu said, all the opponent has to do is fastfall right after getting jabbed and shield the f-smash. Needless to say, that gives them a free punish.

People won't often jump out of Shulk's jab because if he initiates jab 2 then they're out of a midair jump. Most common response is shield -> out of shield option, or a quick aerial if they have one.

I'd prefer tossing out f-tilt after jab. Comes out 2 frames faster, has less end lag, and it still has a lot of kill power. Not as much as f-smash but it's still considerably deadly in terms of KO potential

Grexin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grexin
3DS FC
0404-8856-1751
Apparantly I true combo'd Jump Art U-tilt > Fair > Fair > Airslash (no sourspots) on Donkey Kong at 69% once in training mode which did 34% and killed. Didn't test this much since I was testing other stuff but I don't think this works on all characters.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So even though I didn't test this in VS Mode & only in Training Mode, it's interesting to say the least.

So far, I'm testing these combos on Mario & they seem to be true:

Speed
Uair first hit > FF > Jab1 > whatever
Uair first hit > FF > Ftilt
Uair first hit > FF > Utilt
Uair first hit > FF > Air Slash
Uair first hit > FF > Turn around up angled Fsmash uncharged
(drifting away to space the Fsmash better is helpful)
Uair first hit > FF > reatreating pivot grab in place > something
Uair first hit > FF > footstool > something

Uair second hit > FF > Utilt = 0 - 35%
Uair second hit > FF > footstool > whatever you desire
(cough Dair cough)
Uair second hit > FF > FH Dair both hits = 10% to 17%
Uair second hit > FF > SH Uair both hits = 5% to 26%
Uair second hit > FF > FH Uair both hits = 13% to 37%

*Dthrow > Dash > RAR Nair

Reliable Pseudos
Dthrow > PP > Nair drifted toward them
Dthrow > PP > Fsmash uncharged angled up
Dthrow > RAR Nair > Utilt
Dthrow > RAR Nair > Air Slash

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Also, HOLY **** STAIN. Speed art's Down throw > Perfect pivoted uncharged angled up Fsmash becomes a true combo on Mario at 0% without DI. I just had to prolong the dash sequence after Dthrow to extend my distance I travel toward the follow up.

EDIT: So Dthrow > PP > Fsmash angled up uncharged could actually be a true combo on some characters. In Training Mode, I'm testing it against King Dedede & Captain Falcon around 0 - 15% range, & King Dedede is hit consistently more in a larger range than Falcon. The combo counter counts it, but we shouldn't always believe it. I did the inputs myself in 1/4x speed Hold L & had DDD try to airdodge or doublejump & he could not. This is also assuming they don't DI at all, hold towards the stage, & diagonally hold towards the stage. It's not a true combo if King Dedede holds up or away from you, but at 0%, he can miss tech & be hit by it anyway. But yeah, the combo in total deals ~19% which is basically the same damage as Dthrow into Fair into Air Slash doing ~20%.

Overall, Dthrow > PP > Fsmash angled up uncharged does decently well against heavy characters with fall speeds.
Apparantly I true combo'd Jump Art U-tilt > Fair > Fair > Airslash (no sourspots) on Donkey Kong at 69% once in training mode which did 34% and killed. Didn't test this much since I was testing other stuff but I don't think this works on all characters.
Was that Utilt positioned in a way that you hit with the hitbox's ending behind Shulk? The Blade hitbox lasts for a surprisingly long time. It's better if we position Up tilts to hit with the ending not only because we have more time to spare on our follow up, but also to certain characters for an easier time as well. Rosalina being a tall character making her hurtbox relatively large in combination with her floaty nature makes it all the more important to land with a Utilt hitbox as delayed as we can. When that happens, we can true combo Utilt from behind to rising Full Hop Uair both hits at mid percents. This is super situational & character-dependent on its own, but if we Perfect Pivot Utilt with the Jump art on to catch people airdodging or just beat their aerial challenge upon landing, we can follow up nicely.

EDIT: I just tried your example combo on DK at 69% in Training Mode & come to a conclusion about a different combo we could use instead of the BNB Air Slash combo finisher.

What do you think of Uair for the finisher? This is strict but in the end, we don't run the risk of a whiffing Air Slash that could kill us for a trade that in a serious match may not be worth it. Uair is Frame 14 startup just like Fair, so the second Fair being replaced with Uair wouldn't be a bad frame decision for the combo. And the lack of hitbox size from Uair is compensated because of the forward doubeljumping drift speed we have to link it to the first Fair's knockback angle. The best part about this combo is that the set knockback from the first hit of Uair works nicely on a large character like DK who's hit by the sweetspot of the second hit dealing 10%. It's also better to be hitting with the sweetspot of Fair dealing 7.5%, so I put DK at 64% which is where Fair links into Uair nicely KOing him at 94% without DI.

Last edited:

DarkenedHalo115

Smash Rookie
NNID
nightangel24
Here is a very reliable combo,although not true.

(Full hop Rising)Fair
Nair
Up-tilt
(Many options based on percent and fall speed of opponent)-Jab combo,f-tilt,up smash,f-smash,airslash,grab,fair,RAR bair,uair

This combo is so useful from the massive damage given,safeness on shield if spaced correctly.can be mixuped up for hard buster punishes since it's almost true and can really condition shield which nets 17% from empty hop Back throw.I've been really feeling this string especially against the fast fallers.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Is Utilt -> Fair even feasible with DI? Like, has anybody landed it in a match? It's so strict even without it.

Utilt -> Fair -> Uair is super nifty but holy crud is it hard to do. I just spent like 30 minutes practicing it on Sheik and I got it like, twice lol. But if it can be done once, you know?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So back to the Perfect Pivot usage for Down throw, some more notes about it:
  • Speed | Dthrow > PP > Fsmash angled up uncharged in training mode either deals 19.2% because you hit with the sourspot of Fsmash from a short PP distance, or 20.4% because you hit with the sweetspot of Fsmash from a longer traveling PP. This is true-combo-worthy on some characters, but preferably the characters who have some heaviness & some or a lot of fall speed at very low percents.
  • Buster | Dthrow > PP > Fsmash angled up or straightforward uncharged in training mode either deals 33.6% because you hit with the sourspot of Fsmash from a short PP distance, or 35.7% because you hit with the sweetspot of Fsmash from a longer traveling PP. This can be true-combo-worthy at mid percentages on the same characters used for the Speed art combo above.
  • Buster | Dthrow > Instant Dash Attack in training mode deals a solid 25.2%. You'd use this combo if you want something bigger than a Fair or something that was more committing & risky like Air Slash. I feel that if you don't have Dthrow > PP down, it's easier & safer to use this combo instead.
EDIT:
Here is a very reliable combo,although not true.

(Full hop Rising)Fair
Nair
Up-tilt
(Many options based on percent and fall speed of opponent)-Jab combo,f-tilt,up smash,f-smash,airslash,grab,fair,RAR bair,uair

This combo is so useful from the massive damage given,safeness on shield if spaced correctly.can be mixuped up for hard buster punishes since it's almost true and can really condition shield which nets 17% from empty hop Back throw.I've been really feeling this string especially against the fast fallers.
Y'know, from a standard perspective, this combo isn't reliable nor true. However, from a different perspective, it can be very reliable & true if we do the following:
First, we RAR in order to face away from the opponent. Then we use the reverse direction & Fair so that the hitbox either from the beginning or near the end of the move hits them in the same direction we're drifting to faced away. Next, we follow-up with Nair, & this is where it makes the combo true because we're using the fastest portion of Nair -- the startup. Then we FF if needed & turnaround Utilt in order to complete the combo. It looks flashier on the eyes naturally, but this is what's needed to make the combo true. The key to this combo is all about the RAR Fair & whether or not a mobility art such as Jump or Speed is needed. Buster's knockback reduction can make this neat too.

Instead of Utilt, we could use one of the following options in paranthesis, but if we use the RAR strategy, then the last follow-up needs to be turned around.
Is Utilt -> Fair even feasible with DI? Like, has anybody landed it in a match? It's so strict even without it.

Utilt -> Fair -> Uair is super nifty but holy crud is it hard to do. I just spent like 30 minutes practicing it on Sheik and I got it like, twice lol. But if it can be done once, you know?
I've landed it, but the situations weren't normal. By not normal, I mean that I've landed to the ground using Jump's landing friction to slide some distance & then used Utilt while someone airdodged, but because Utilt's fairly active, it caught the airdodge when the invincibility frames finished & then I followed up with a Fair or Uair.

And yeah Utilt > Fair > Uair is difficult to land with DI involved. I pretty much had to rely on the near-ending hitbox of Utilt that's behind Shulk in order to make sure my held jump input to do Full Hop would catch up to them. During Shulk's jumpsquat animation, I'd press & hold A while holding the joystick forward if they're launched in front of me, or holding joystick backward & tapping C-stick forward if they're launched behind me. After that, I'd go for the Uair drift follow-up hoping it'd work.

Last edited:

DarkenedHalo115

Smash Rookie
NNID
nightangel24
Sorry,meant to include buster for the string with the reduced knockback along with extra damage.I've seen dragonbrain do fair to Nair consistently but always grab rather than do something else.Up tilt has relatively low knockback until high percents and causes 50 50s in buster being that you airdoge in some direction and get punished on landing lag or with a fair/airslash or they try to shield or attack and we just outrange them and punish.It's also pretty safe on shield since the time between fair and Nair is practically the only time you can counteract because after Nair,jab shield pokes and f-tilt or d-tilt almost break it.Speed seems easiest,buster had the most reward and general safeness,might work on heavies with smash cause the knockback increases hitstun but heavies aren't sent far(still not worth it cause .5 damage).I have landed this string string a-lot and it feels great getting 40% so quickly.

Also,I've gotten this one weird Shulk buster combo on wario.So I switch buster,jump cancel throw his bike and then jab him while he was shielding and it demolished his shield to a little circle.I continued jabbing and the bike hit him over and over and he got like 80% and couldn't do much.Should I link this cause it seems like a combo though situational.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Btw, it might be a decent idea to provide a difficulty rating for said combos. That way we can separate the BnBs away from the more advanced combos.

Oh & in Training Mode, here's Buster | Dthrow > Ftilt on Fox: (Don't remember if I or someone else did this)

No DI = 18% to 24%
DI away = 18% to 24%
DI up = 18% to 24%
DI up & away = 18% to 24%

Keep in mind that Rage isn't in Training Mode. Oh & I have another combo that involves floor locking out of a footstool, leading into death. It's super hard to do though.

Last edited:

Light302

Smash Rookie
Hey Shulk fans here's a true combo that kills Rosa at 42%! I'm not sure if anyone had said it already but...
SH MALLC (smash) UAIR (2nd hit)> FH>DJ>UAIR (both hits)
This combo also kills heavy characters at 65% in smash or kills at later percents in JUMP mode as well. Using this in teams helps to net extremely early kills, but in singles is only practical on larger characters since it is difficult to land.
P.S. since a MALLC was used, it is very safe due to invulnerability frames and kills from anywhere on stage!:)

B-air > F-tilt true combos in buster art at 54% against Charizard. Will test it more and post more about it soon

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
does anyone have an article detailing Shulk's PP use? I think it would be a great thing to have and encourage people to master the tech of tomorrow. (Almost got it myself BTW, i am at 3/4 now.)

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread or update the AT thread to have a list of all PP's uses and combos. Like PP Utilt and Dtilt as spacing options and PP Dsmash to try and break shields.

I'll get onto Shulk's pefect pivoting utility soon (but this won't be the thread for it). I'll also update the AT thread at some point

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
CHECK
Update: Training Mode.

Uthrow > Air Slash is a true combo on Ike, as he cannot mash airdodge fast enough to avoid the rising first hit of Air Slash's 5% sourspot. From here, Jump art's Uthrow > Air Slash can extend this combo, thus true combo'ing Ike until 111% without DI. That's when he gets too far out of range. So it goes like this:

Uthrow > Air Slash
If he doesn't DI, then you can true combo from 49 - 93%.
If he DIs away from you, then you can true combo him from 42 - 96%.
If he DIs behind you, then you can Reverse Air Slash to true combo him from 49 - 89%.

Monado Jump Uthrow > Air Slash
If he doesn't DI, then you can true combo him from 42 - 111%, but in order to true combo in this 42 - 111% range, you have to drift your Air Slash just a tad backwards while still facing forward so that your hitbox's apex reaches him before he can airdodge.
If he DIs away from the front, then you can true combo him from 42 - 114% if you hold Air Slash's direction towards him.
If he DIs behind you, then you can Reverse Air Slash to true combo him from 49 - 112%. However, if you Reverse your Air Slash & then drift it backwards, you can true combo Ike from 42 - 112%.

So, remember this?
Air Slash Recovering Horizontally

How to perform it:
(Recovering Left):GCU::GCB:» Immediately Tap & Hold :GCL:» Delay Pressing :GCB:/:GCA:/:GCCN:/:GCZ:
(Recovering Right):GCU::GCB:» Immediately Tap & Hold :GCR:» Delay Pressing :GCB:/:GCA:/:GCCN:/:GCZ:

Applications: Optimizing our recovery with Air Slash is vital & very helpful. Times you're launched out too far & need to inch closer horizontally with the 2nd hit of Air Slash is key for surviving longer. For a visual signal of when it's safe inputting the 2nd hit of Air Slash after enough time delaying it, watch the red Beam disappearing from the Monado as it's swung behind Shulk. Right as you see that happening, input the 2nd slash while holding toward the direction you're moving towards to maximize the horizontal distance of the Air Slash. This helpful tactic is further improved by the Jump & Speed Arts because of their respected increased mobility stats, & as you'd figure the Shield Art makes this worse, delaying the 2nd hit of Air Slash with Shield active can still save your stock because delaying the 2nd slash to move forward or backward in most cases is always better than not delaying it at all.

*Note* Whenever you're performing an Air Slash & per-say you get hit in the midst of the delayed 2nd hit of Air Slash by an attack near the ledge, then pressing the B button again while holding forward would input as Back Slash which is a huge no-no. Instead of pressing B, conditioning yourself by pressing the A button or flicking the C-stick would input as a F-air. And pressing the Z button inputs as Airdodge, which finishes quicker than F-air. Perhaps maybe players would think it's good to input Air Slash normally & instead press Z for the 2nd slash in hopes to avoid inputting a move that could be a dangerous risk to do.
Now we have somewhat of a good reason to be drifting our Air Slash backwards for true combo purposes. Get to it Monado boys, & practice this if you haven't done so already. Delaying Air Slash to recover more horizontally is a must, but now you get to use it for some combos with Air Slash out of Uthrow more, especially on Ike for now.

EDIT: Lol, Monado Smash Uthrow > Air Slash can also true combo Ike, but I won't bother with the exact numbers.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Update: Training Mode.

Uthrow > Air Slash is a true combo on Ike, as he cannot mash airdodge fast enough to avoid the rising first hit of Air Slash's 5% sourspot. From here, Jump art's Uthrow > Air Slash can extend this combo, thus true combo'ing Ike until 111% without DI. That's when he gets too far out of range. So it goes like this:

Uthrow > Air Slash
If he doesn't DI, then you can true combo from 49 - 93%.
If he DIs away from you, then you can true combo him from 42 - 96%.
If he DIs behind you, then you can Reverse Air Slash to true combo him from 49 - 89%.

Monado Jump Uthrow > Air Slash
If he doesn't DI, then you can true combo him from 42 - 111%, but in order to true combo in this 42 - 111% range, you have to drift your Air Slash just a tad backwards while still facing forward so that your hitbox's apex reaches him before he can airdodge.
If he DIs away from the front, then you can true combo him from 42 - 114% if you hold Air Slash's direction towards him.
If he DIs behind you, then you can Reverse Air Slash to true combo him from 49 - 112%. However, if you Reverse your Air Slash & then drift it backwards, you can true combo Ike from 42 - 112%.

So, remember this?

Now we have somewhat of a good reason to be drifting our Air Slash backwards for true combo purposes. Get to it Monado boys, & practice this if you haven't done so already. Delaying Air Slash to recover more horizontally is a must, but now you get to use it for some combos with Air Slash out of Uthrow more, especially on Ike for now.

EDIT: Lol, Monado Smash Uthrow > Air Slash can also true combo Ike, but I won't bother with the exact numbers.
Does it true on other characters? Or only heavyweights?

Sonicninja115

Does anyone know if the back hit of Fair or the Upper back hit of Nair combo? It seems that the Fair still links.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fast-fall F-air -> grab works nicely. Speed art extends the percent range that it's possible, as you can just dash grab at later percents than usual.

This is probably already known though. I just didn't see it listed or discussed.
Does anyone know if the back hit of Fair or the Upper back hit of Nair combo? It seems that the Fair still links.
Both do combo. F-air retains most, if not all of its combos; you just need as much momentum as you would if you were hitting an enemy right in front of you. So it can still work out.

I'm guessing you're talking about the earliest part of n-air when you say "upper-back" hit. That's probably the best part of n-air to start combos with. A quick turnaround on the ground and you have all the options you'd have if you hit with the front.

Sonicninja115

Fast-fall F-air -> grab works nicely. Speed art extends the percent range that it's possible, as you can just dash grab at later percents than usual.

This is probably already known though. I just didn't see it listed or discussed.

Both do combo. F-air retains most, if not all of its combos; you just need as much momentum as you would if you were hitting an enemy right in front of you. So it can still work out.

I'm guessing you're talking about the earliest part of n-air when you say "upper-back" hit. That's probably the best part of n-air to start combos with. A quick turnaround on the ground and you have all the options you'd have if you hit with the front.
I was actually talking about the last hit. The sword swivels around, and there is one final hitbox.

RAR Nair is a very good tool, and I have been practicing the plethora of combos possible from it.

Does anyone know of a use for stutterstep dashing?

(Note: I ask a lot of questions in the beginning, but that is just me trying to get deeper into Shulk. I am mainly a Mewtwo and Diddy labber and I have done multiple technical and AT findings.)

Last edited:

R0XAS

Smash Rookie
True combos

Universal

Jab -> Air Slash
Are all combos rly true combos there? and 'till what percentage? Since this would be a very neat killmove-setup with jab being much safer thn just throwing a wild air slash. Also, when u write jab, do you mean jab 1 or jab 3? does this workin smash art (again since it would be a very nice kill setup) ?

If it's labeled as a true combo in the OP, it's a true combo

You have to use jab 1 only to follow up to air slash

It works in smash art too (and jump art in case you're up against floaty characters)

Sonicninja115

If it's labeled as a true combo in the OP, it's a true combo

You have to use jab 1 only to follow up to air slash

It works in smash art too (and jump art in case you're up against floaty characters)
It is only a true combo against certain characters though right?

I have never been able to get it to true on the training counter, but on some character, I assume there is two-three open frames.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Keep in mind that combos like Jab1 > AS is truly effective when Rage effect is accumulated. Maybe it's not that true in Training Mode, but in an actual match it very well can be.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hey, so Footstool-Nair true combos apparently...
It is? I feel it's not a true combo in the air without fastfalling, & the only way to make it true in the air is if you're in Jump art & fastfall the Nair. Off-stage it has no use if you want to SD that is.

From the ground though it can definitely be true. Jump art's tapped footstool jump > FF Nair is definitely a keeper, & we can extend it to be a FF Nair > Fair ladder or Bair depending on where they're launched towards.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

It is? I feel it's not a true combo in the air without fastfalling, & the only way to make it true in the air is if you're in Jump art & fastfall the Nair. Off-stage it has no use if you want to SD that is.

From the ground though it can definitely be true. Jump art's tapped footstool jump > FF Nair is definitely a keeper, & we can extend it to be a FF Nair > Fair ladder or Bair depending on where they're launched towards.
I posted a video in the video thread of Tremendous Dude vs. R.O.B. He uses Uair-Footstool-Nair. The announcer said it was because Speed gave Shulk auto cancels, but it was obviously a footstool. Also, Dude has gotten good! He was a mediocre Shulk back in March, but has improved exponentially in the past couple of months.

Oh, I also went into a match to test Jab-AS, it took me way too long to get around to it. I kept on forgetting about the rage thing, so I wanted to solidify it in my mind,

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I posted a video in the video thread of Tremendous Dude vs. R.O.B. He uses Uair-Footstool-Nair. The announcer said it was because Speed gave Shulk auto cancels, but it was obviously a footstool. Also, Dude has gotten good! He was a mediocre Shulk back in March, but has improved exponentially in the past couple of months.

Oh, I also went into a match to test Jab-AS, it took me way too long to get around to it. I kept on forgetting about the rage thing, so I wanted to solidify it in my mind,
I'll check that out then. Speed or Shield arts don't reduce the height to your tapped or held footstool jump so I'm thinking that Tremendo did a tapped footstool jump to FF Nair without watching it. We'll see here in a bit.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I'll check that out then. Speed or Shield arts don't reduce the height to your tapped or held footstool jump so I'm thinking that Tremendo did a tapped footstool jump to FF Nair without watching it. We'll see here in a bit.
He did it right over the ground, so R.O.B was forced into tumble and then he FF Nair.

FOcast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FOcast763
Here's the bit I think you're thinking of: https://youtu.be/jo-KnsUCbyk?t=110

But there's no footstool here? Tremendo does a FF 1st-hit Uair and lands immediately. ROB hits A and starts a Nair, which fails to come out and gives him landing lag. Then Temendo turns around and does SHFF Nair.

Or did I get the wrong timestamp?

Sonicninja115

Here's the bit I think you're thinking of: https://youtu.be/jo-KnsUCbyk?t=110

But there's no footstool here? Tremendo does a FF 1st-hit Uair and lands immediately. ROB hits A and starts a Nair, which fails to come out and gives him landing lag. Then Temendo turns around and does SHFF Nair.

Or did I get the wrong timestamp?
Thanks, it seems that he didn't do a footstool, woops. I must've looked away for a second or maybe even blinked. Well, it seems Footstool-Nair works anyways as Maso said.

Could 1st hit uair combo into Usmash?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Update: Sonic vs Jump art Uthrow > Air Slash
Disclaimer: Training Mode

Uthrow > Air Slash is not a true combo on Sonic in Training Mode as far as I see. I say it's not a true combo because spamming airdodge allows Sonic to avoid the rising first hit of Vanilla Air Slash. And so, Vanilla Air Slash doesn't rise quick enough to catch him. Whether Sonic DI'd away from in front of you or DI'd behind you, Air Slash held toward them or Reversed Air Slash won't connect if they buffer an airdodge. However, Jump art intervenes.

Monado Jump Uthrow > Air Slash = True combo on Sonic
-If he doesn't DI, then you can true combo him from 67 - 74%, but in order to true combo in this range you must remain facing forward & then drift your Air Slash backwards upon the rising first hit. This done correctly prevents Sonic from airdodging in time to avoid the move & he also cannot Spring to escape.
-If he tries to DI straight up, then it's the same as if he doesn't DI.
-If he DIs away from the front, then you can true combo him from 67 - 78% if you hold Air Slash's direction towards him.
-If he DIs behind you, then you can Reverse Air Slash to true combo him from 67 - 74% regardless of whether you drift backwards or not.

EDIT: I'm also noticing that this is working on Mario & Meta Knight. More characters coming soon.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Double posting because why not.

Update: Sheik vs Uthrow > Air Slash
Disclaimer: Training Mode

Uthrow > Air Slash is a true combo on Sheik in Training Mode at the moment. So here's some numbers:

Vanilla Uthrow > Air Slash = True combo on Sheik
-If she doesn't DI,then you can true combo her from 64 - 65%, but in order to do this, you must remain facing forward & drift your Air Slash backwards upon the rising first hit.
-If she DI's straight up, then you can only true combo her at 64%.
-If she tries to DI away from the front, then you can true combo her from 64 - 70% if you hold Air Slash's direction toward her.
-If she DI's behind you, then you can true combo her from 64 - 71% by Reversing Air Slash regardless of whether you drift backwards or not.

Monado Jump Uthrow > Air Slash = True combo on Sheik
-If she doesn't DI, then you can true combo her from 57 - 81%, but in order to do this, you must remain facing forward & drift your Air Slash backwards upon the rising first hit.
-If she DI's straight up, then you can true combo her from 57 - 80%, but in order to do this, you must remain facing forward & drift your Air Slash backwards upon the rising first.
-If she DI's away from the front, then you can true combo her from 50 - 86% if you hold Air Slash's direction toward her.
-If she DI's behind you, then you can true combo her from 50 - 83% by Reversing Air Slash regardless of whether you drift backwards or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom