• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright Yoshi Fukers

Park0o

Smash Ace
i don't svampen or bringerofdeath. they play on pal also. to me that loses its
credit.

I liked fumi, but his vids are really old now.

someone new needs to come up with yoshi in tournament, but i think that it
won't happen cuz tournament play is now on a new level.

gabe is good tho.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's a shame nobody besides Seanson really experimented with Yoshi in teams.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How can playing pal make someone lose credit? Seriously that's freakin ********
All those minor differences ultimately built a different tier list over there.

You're playing a different game.

Don't take it so personally.

None of the PAL Yoshis had to deal with the Sheik Chain Grab. 0 - 70 (maybe more) from an easily executed move (the chain grab itself isn't even that hard at all) is stupidly dumb and none of them had to deal with that. Over here, they did.

I'm not going to say that makes people over here super special awesome and PAL players not, but differences like that are, quite frankly, big enough for people to consider them different games. No chain grab changes the matchup quite a bit.

Shiri

Smash Chump
What's up dude !

Just so you know you're definitely the best Yoshi I've ever played against.
:yoshi: I try as hard as I can to leave that impression. :D

So, as to not spam, hopefully if Melee ever gets revived, more people will play and experiment with Yoshi. He's really fun and a unique counterpick character for anybody who likes using those in a tournament bracket.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
personally, my yoshi is dictated by the momentum of the match more so than any of the other chars i play with. I'm either awesome or terrible with him depending on the day

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
So, as to not spam, hopefully if Melee ever gets revived, more people will play and experiment with Yoshi.
Our small melee community is coming back together over here. Unfortunately there's no other yoshi players over here to talk to. Not only do certain match ups frustrate me, but it seems difficult to single-handedly develop a yoshi playstyle without anything to look at. The vids on youtube are good... but the game has developed so much since many of the great yoshi players have disappeared? I'm probably not that very good either to begin with.

Top Bottom