• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright weeaboos, new season of big-eyed chinese cartoons starts this week.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
What looks good? Or, more accurately, what looks tolerable?

I'm gonna give Shangri-la and K-ON a try. Hayate no Gotoku was pretty **** awesome, hopefully JC Staff doesn't screw up the second season. And Higurashi Rei, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Dragonball Kai should be good.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Queens Blade and K-ON will be this season's winners EASILY.
BUT OHSHI--
Sengoku Basara should hopefully be good. SBX was too much fun to play.
Dragonball Kai is gonna be sick too.

Thats about all that should be good. Maybe FMA if your a super weaboo.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm choosing FMA for now. If I hear more from my anime buds, I'll let you know what's good.

Vts

Smash Champion
FMA and dogs is what i plan on watching maybe a few others.

i let jack pick some for me ;) <3

edit- now looking i may watch shangri-la, senjou no valkyria, and maybe pandora hearts/ phantom.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
TV stuff - Valkyria, Queen's Blade, i will watch for a definite. Guin Saga and Sengoku Basara i would maybe check out.

OVA stuff - To Heart 2 i would watch because i enjoyed the TV series. Koihime Musou and Denpa teki no Kanojo look interesting at first glance. Higurashi i might check out because you people keep raving about it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Guin Saga has an anthropomorphic leopard. If that's not badass, I don't know what is.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Eh. I did accidently watch the whole second season by accident. Thats all I saw on youtube. lol. But I can't imagine wtf the first season is even about if the second season pretty much covers the entire story(which was'nt even all that amazing to begin with).
LOL at you saying the story was bad when you didnt even watch the first season.
Seriously i dont even have to go into the story. Your lack of logic won for me.

Laijin

Smash Hero
LOL at you saying the story was bad when you didnt even watch the first season.
Seriously i dont even have to go into the story. Your lack of logic won for me.
Well. Considering the fact that season 2 literally seemed to go from the very begining of the story to the very end with no plot holes(as everything was seemingly explained). I'm pretty sure I have a good understanding of the story.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Well. Considering the fact that season 2 literally seemed to go from the very begining of the story to the very end with no plot holes(as everything was seemingly explained). I'm pretty sure I have a good understanding of the story.
You can have a understanding of the story, but completely miss the entire building of the story.
You didnt watch the first season, so you didnt watch the episodes where you DIDNT know why everyone was acting the way they were. Essentially what im saying is..even tho you know what happened, you didnt build with the characters (during the first season) and missed building WITH the story. Anyone can watch the end of a anime and say "i understand the story", but you cant rate it off that....

AfroQT

Smash Master
Except the whole point of the series is the suspense and mind****, and you skipped all of that.
Pretty much what took me a paragraph to say this man said in 1 sentence....what a champion.
Seriously you missed trying to figure out what was going on and trying to figure it out for yourself.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hmm. You make a valid point.
I guess its too late to give it another chance. :|
Oh well. I did sorta experience that in season 2. But I was more confused than wondering what was going on for about half of it.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Ruh roh something new to watch which is good cause Gundam 00 just ended X_X
07 Ghost, Dragon Ball Kai, Queens Blade, Higurashi Rei, and FMA is what ill probably watch.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Watched first eps of,

Valkyria Chronicles: Amazing, just like the game!

Dragonball Kai: finally!!! the way it should be!!

FMA: I like it. It's FMA :)

Queens Blade: It made me thirsty, not for milk but for citrus juice...get it!? Acid? eh EH? :embarrass

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i watched dragonball, definately entertaining but im still not sure i want to sit through the same story archs for the millionth time. I'm sure i'll watch higurashi speaking i loved the first two seasons. FMA o.O i didnt realize they were doing anything with it.... is this one gonna follow the manga? or is it something seperate entirely? The rest i'll wait to see how they do before i look into them.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I havent watched the new FMA, but I can't imagine it being any more than a remake of the old series that actually follows the manga. The manga is reaching a definite climax and I imagine they could just simply folow the story through and the manga will end by the time they get far enough anyway.

Top Bottom