• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ally vs ICs

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Okay, so I know most of you have seen Ally in action vs ICs, I mean people like Atomsk, and Lain. But seriously, it doesn't make any sense. In the matchup, how does he do it, he approaches from the ground, and more on. He almost completely disobeys the matchup, and it works. I mean, does he catch people off guard with it, or are people just shook by him. Looking at it over and over it just seems like he's just... playing. Like he doesn't give a ****. It confuses me, how can you do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NjkXu6AAj0&feature=related

and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NjkXu6AAj0&feature=related

playing like he does, does he just capitalize on mistakes better than everyone else, or see openings better. I just don't get it, can someone explain how he does well, goes around 2-stocking people, when people who play the matchup more patiently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIehjwG12fY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fnh2QxY2DI

Seem to barely get by, or lose to them?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
He's playing the match up correctly, he seperates the Ice Climbers from each other and capitalizes accordingly. Playing on the ground more is probably better since you aren't letting the ICs get stage control. He also knows how to mash out of grabs quickly, something that most people don't know how to do.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
keep in mind how good he is at mashing out,it gives him room to play like that,if i could get out of their grabs that consistently id play alot differently lol

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
He also knows how to mash out of grabs quickly, something that most people don't know how to do.
Know how, or physically can't?

Most people know to mash early, but the actual mashing is a skill. <<

Even then, I don't think his mashing was really anything impressive so much as his ability to just... not get grabbed.

He seemed to mash out at slightly higher than average percents, but I don't think that was really anything impressive enough to note outright compared to how well he kept them separate and capitalized on personal habits and mistakes. >>

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Know how, or physically can't?

Most people know to mash early, but the actual mashing is a skill. <<

Even then, I don't think his mashing was really anything impressive so much as his ability to just... not get grabbed.

He seemed to mash out at slightly higher than average percents, but I don't think that was really anything impressive enough to note outright compared to how well he kept them separate and capitalized on personal habits and mistakes. >>
I mean know a proper technique to mashing, it doesn't take much skill to do.

Getting out of a grab at higher % is impressive especially if that means the player has to wait longer to do the chain grab.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I saw an old match a long time ago (It was old even when I saw it) where Ally was playing I'm pretty sure it was atomsk but it was a long time ago, and Atomsk went for the D3cide and Ally did the most AMAZING mash out i'd ever seen. Like D3 was at the bottom of of the screen when he swallowed Snake and Ally mashed out near instantly and D3 died, it was ridiculous.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Honestly, it's mostly a reading thing, he's very attuned to player's habits, and is able to punish habits a lot of people simply can't. I'd take a look at HOW he punishes certain things that you're not punishing at the moment and try to add them to your game, also pay closer attention to your opponents.

Why is this in the MK boards?
It's ally's MK...

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Patience, I presume.
Patience for what? What are you waiting for? For example, desynced jumping blizzards = free tornado when popo lands and nana is about to jump. On battlefield you can be patient for openings to tornado and land safely on a platform. When d-air camping, you look for oppourunities to hit or force the IC to jump so that you are able to hit/get under them in order to separate them and hopefully gimp nana.

1. What are some solid ground approaches and what is going through your mind when you do them?

2. During what situations should you take the ground and during what situations should you take the air?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Patience for what? What are you waiting for? For example, desynced jumping blizzards = free tornado when popo lands and nana is about to jump. On battlefield you can be patient for openings to tornado and land safely on a platform. When d-air camping, you look for oppourunities to hit or force the IC to jump so that you are able to hit/get under them in order to separate them and hopefully gimp nana.

1. What are some solid ground approaches and what is going through your mind when you do them?

2. During what situations should you take the ground and during what situations should you take the air?
o_O ?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yes, and there are more options than those. Some of those strategies don't work very well on fd, smashville, ps1, and other stages. Please don't say anything unless you're going to help.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Yes, and there are more options than those. Some of those strategies don't work very well on fd, smashville, ps1, and other stages. Please don't say anything unless you're going to help.
You asked me to be patient for what. So I answered your question. If you want to discuss the IC vs MK MU, please do so in the MU thread.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ally did the most AMAZING mash out i'd ever seen. Like D3 was at the bottom of of the screen when he swallowed Snake and Ally mashed out near instantly and D3 died, it was ridiculous.
To this day I still don't understand how that was even possible.

gallax

Smash Hero
ally creates opportunities that no one else can which is why he does so well. he reads his opponent better than id say anyone else.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Does anyone seriously even know the proper mashing technique? Or are you all just selfish and not willing to share it with us?! D:<

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Does anyone seriously even know the proper mashing technique? Or are you all just selfish and not willing to share it with us?! D:<
Ally starts mashing BEFORE he gets grabbed/sucked. He predicts it and then **** ensues.

Apparently you spin control stick, spam A/B/X/Y/Z/R/L as fast as you can

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wow, what a waste of a post. I'm talking about this post of course. I wish mashing was easier, just mashing on the A button or something, then I'd be able to get out of almost any grab....

you mad.

Smash Rookie
or you could just stop being a scrub baaaawing for an easy button when its already hella easy to mash out

M.F.G.K.

Smash Rookie

gangstakrby

Smash Rookie
im 100 percent that kaffei already knows who i am you scrub

also, you mad jus cuz you cant mash out.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's not that hard of a match up if you space correctly.

If you separate them it should be over

Top Bottom