• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alloy's character

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I'm under the assumption that Green = Jiggs.
So who could the second component be?

Jiggs + ? = Green Alloy
Hmmm.. any character mentioned with a mohawk?

Yellow = Mario + Bowser(horns)
Green = Kirby + Falco(mohawk)
Red = Captain Falcon + another shoulder pad(XD)
Falco?

Uhh, oh yeah I see it.
They usually sharpen features in these characters.

But the mohawk is more forward pointing then like Falco's.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I like the Combo character idea, would make fighting these guys unique.

Having Falcon as the Red one and Zelda as the blue makes sense...they were the basis for the Wireframes and do have the basic anatomy seen in the Alloys. I can also see Snake being the red one, but thats doubtful considering his smash attacks use weapons.

The green alloy is Kirby. I think Sakurai was trying to say that it was based on Kirby, but isn't actually him because it's an alloy character.

I think the yellow one is Mario based on what we've seen. The proportions for the Crosser don't match up and Mario's do. Mario has all melee A attacks. (no weapons like Lucas and maybe Crosser would have). The Horns wouldn't be hard to add onto the model as there is a mohawk thing on the green one.

Red=Falcon
Blue=Zelda
Green=Kirby
Yellow=Meteos errr Mario

courte

Smash Lord
man u gotta give us points for imagination 2 and 1/2 hours and we've hit the jackpot... that tiny one inside of our heads... marked crazy lol

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Maybe green = Jiggs + Tamagon.

Maybe not.
Actually.
That's possible.

Anybody is possible really.

I mean look at this definition again.

An alloy is a homogeneous mixture of two or more elements, at least one of which is a metal, and where the resulting material has metallic properties. The resulting metallic substance usually has different properties (sometimes substantially different) from those of its components.

When I look at the word substantially.
It's definition is as follows:
"Pertaining to the substance, matter, or material of a thing"

This meaning certain features that have make the character famous or noticeable.

When I looked at the synonyms of substantially, all of their antonyms had the word "exact"

So, the result of the two mixtures may leave one part of the mixture unnoticeable or 'exactly' like the character itself.
So Falco can have a mohawk, and the green Alloy does aswell.
Although not the same general shape, it's still a mohawk.

By the way, have any of you considered AC + Mario = Yellow Alloy

I mean, the stance in the photos above represent Mario's falling pose after jumping.
The horns are really significant.
The best bet is...

Bowser or AC + Mario = Yellow Alloy

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
to all of these people saying kirby isnt his spherical shape: what kind of shape was his porygon figure in 64, it certainly was a sphere.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
If you look at all the last two pics of the update, mainly at the green alloy, he stretches and constricts a bit (guessing that happens when hit; in one pic he's oblong and the other he's more round-ish). They're probably called alloy because they're malleable and all, though the two character thing would be pretty cool.

Yellow is based off of Mario without a doubt (just going by proportions and the falling animation), doubt it's the AC rep since the AC character doesn't have horns, it's just his hair. The yellow alloy's spikes are definitely horns, and not hair. Either way, I think stuff like the horns, mohawk etc were just added to give them "character." Still wondering what the green alloy is based off of exactly, though. Interesting stuff.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
It looked kind of accordian-like.

Pabs, check out the other two alloys in the second to last pic. Do they stretch?
Doesn't look like the others stretch from the pics, I guess it's just a characteristic of the green alloy. Bleh, this is almost impossible to figure out haha, dang these vague updates :dizzy:

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
to all of these people saying kirby isnt his spherical shape: what kind of shape was his porygon figure in 64, it certainly was a sphere.
Yes, but a lot more of a square shape.
Porygons aren't alloys, so they can't be a mixture.

If you look at all the last two pics of the update, mainly at the green alloy, he stretches and constricts a bit (guessing that happens when hit; in one pic he's oblong and the other he's more round-ish). They're probably called alloy because they're malleable and all, though the two character thing would be pretty cool. Yellow is based off of Mario without a doubt (just going by proportions and the falling animation), doubt it's the AC rep since the AC character doesn't have horns, it's just his hair. The yellow alloy's spikes are definitely horns, and not hair. Either way, I think stuff like the horns, mohawk etc were just added to give them "character." Still wondering what the green alloy is based off of exactly, though. Interesting stuff.
Two or more characters merged make an entirely different character.
Though the malleable part made me do research and I found something interesting.

"Malleability is a mechanical property of matter, but is most commonly used in reference to metals and metalloids. A malleable metal is capable of being extended, shaped, or otherwise deformed without cracking, just like Gumby. This property is important in metalworking, as materials that crack or break under pressure cannot be hammered or rolled. Malleable materials can be formed using stamping or form pressing, whereas brittle metals and plastics must be molded."

An alloy, in reality, are just two metals put together.
So really, it would make sense the green alloy can stretch.

I was refering to this character here.

It looked kind of accordian-like.

Pabs, check out the other two alloys in the second to last pic. Do they stretch?
Probably because they are not as malleable as the green one.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Stop saying Porygon! lol. It's Polygon. Whenever I read it, I think of Asians who can't read English well. lol.
Sorry, the post I was quoting fooled me up with the name.

POLYGON
PORYGON
POLYGON..

Anyways, the green one may be more malleable then the others.
Probably because of it's circular shape.

KillaBGX said:
I think Yellow Alloy is Luigi. Luigi's(hands spinning, legs straight down).
Mario or Luigi.
It's a 50/50 guess.
My guess it Luigi though.
Look at the height!

I'm positive it's AC + Luigi now
Luigi's height + AC's horn like hat.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
you guys are dumb...it's ZELDA, CAPTAIN FALCON, MARIO, and KIRBY...I've got proof...gimme time to upload pics...I'll be right back.

k...back...

OOooookay: Check it: (I'LL RESIZE THE PICS IN A BIT TO A SMALLER SIZE...)

RED ALLOY is
CAPTAIN FALCON

~Cleary, it's Captain Falcon...no question about that~

BLUE ALLOY is
ZELDA

~As it was in Melee...though it looks like they re-wired (pun not intended) the
body movements...similar to how they changed the way Peach runs (grabbing dress
from behind). Looks like Zelda's fall from her jump leaves her with her arms a bit bent~

YELLOW ALLOY is
MARIO

~the horns are there for adornment...just for show. this is a pose from when Mario
turns around to face the other way from RIGHT to LEFT. like with Zelda, looks like
they re-worked some body movements...his head doesn't turn as much. Keep in
mind that Sakurai has implemented a new feature of "locking eye-contact" with other
characters (when two characters' heads and eyes stay in focus with eachother)~

GREEN ALLOY is
KIRBY

~despite the sir kibbles-esque mohawk and the weird "arabian knights" shoes, this
is in fact, Kirby. if you recall, in Smash 64, Kirby was comprised of two spheres on top
of eachother (like a 2-sphered snowman) for his Polygon counterpart. Pikachu looked
like a fat reptile with a short Yoshi-esque tail (no lightning bolt tail). HERE IS a video
of a 64 fighting polygon fight with Link vs. (Mario) (Link) and (Pikachu) Polygon figures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTz2J5VPL4w~

~OH yeah...this is Kirby (like Mario) turning from facing RIGHT to LEFT~

Now, the good stuff...as for the animations...take a gander:

FIRST SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) is being hit~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) is being hit~
~now with this oblong shape, it's a result of a "high velocity" impact...it's in Melee, too~

SECOND SCREEN SHOT OF ACTION

~YELLOW ALLOY (MARIO) descending~

~GREEN ALLOY (KIRBY) being hit~
~either before or after the oblong-effect takes place from impact~

NOW::::

as for all you kiddies out there speculating over the size: YOU ALL HAVE POOR MEMORY!
Wireframes were always bigger in size than the original characters they represent in
Melee. Take a look:

~OMG! They're giants!!!!~

~so enough of the "ZOMG!!!1 It might be luigi + bowser!" "Zir KIbblets + birby!" "Zamus +
pizza!!!"~

~it's simply, CAP FALCON, ZELDA, MARIO, and KIRBY...~

may this argument rest in peace....

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
Now all you that hypothesize the alloys are made of multiple characters have a good idea, but what I thought when I checked the update was, that sakurai took the basic model for characters (like in 64 and melee), but this time he added features to make them look cool.(ex=mohawk, not becuase of falco). The reason I believe they are called alloys is becuase in sense they are a mixture of polygon team and wireframe team. Sure they don't look perfectly identical to their componets (but you can see the many polygons and the wireframe at their stomach), but as it has been stated before alloys don't have to have the properties of their seperate materials.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Red one is definitely falcon. Apparent gait and way of holding himself, as well as that pose, are all Falcon trademarks.

Blue is zelda. Falling positions are exactly the same. But who cares, Zelda's already confirmed.

Yellow one is
??????????????????

Green one is KIRBY. Match up his pose with ANY of jiggly's frames. His hands are positioned in a way Puff's never were. Also, not tamagon. Green has hands, not wings.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Anything is possible, but I wouldn't be putting too much thought into this. We don't even know if they're supposed to resemble a character in the game. The red one definitely looks a lot like Captain Falcon, but the horned one could be Animal Crosser, but I doubt it. I bet the horns are just for show.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
you guys are dumb...it's ZELDA, CAPTAIN FALCON, MARIO, and KIRBY...I've got proof...gimme time to upload pics...I'll be right back.

(reserved for editing pics in a few minutes)
It actually resembles Peach not Zelda.

No its Peach, Mario, CF, and Kirby. Heres proof!

Heres a link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3667665&posted=1#post3667665

Look were SeigK posted he basically has it all sorted out.
Now maybe we can put this thing to rest.
Ok, yes that works out quite fine.
I just thought about the inspiration used the Alloys and figured more then one character may come into play.

Remember it's not a specific character, it just resembles the general figure of a certain character(s)

Saying they ARE the characters isn't logical.

I'm still staying with my theory.

Do people not notice that this ISNT SUBSPACE SURVIVAL!?!?!?!
What the hell are you talking about?

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Well if you look at the 1st pic he gave us, it is much easier to see the green guy as kirby (though Jiggs will work just fine)

Fish on a Stick

Smash Cadet
Where are you guys getting this idea that Kirby is oblong? It doesn't make any sense. He's a sphere. Go play Melee some more.
*Sigh* How many times do I have to pull this out...

Look there. On the right. Does that look like Kirby, or any other circle character to you?
As SiebK pointed out, Kirby's character model doesn't stay a perfect sphere all the time.
I'm rather surprised you were so convinced that he doesn't squash and stretch, actually.
I mean every time Kirby f-smashes he stretches into an 'oblong' shape. Heck a lot of his
moves warps his model, his crouch makes him look like a pancake.

Suggestion?

Go play Melee some more.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Just to note to add to the Captain Falcon look-a-like alloy.

Sakurai plainly hints in hist description saying

He’s not the leader or anything!
and the fact Captain in Captain Falcon is bascially a leader.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Blue Alloy

Character is Zelda:
To start, who was the last female "multi-man" based off of? Now, you can also tell that the falling form is similar to Zelda. To those saying this is Zamus(etc.), keep in mind, Zamus uses the Paralyzer, which it appears to not have. Keep in mind, the female fighting Wire-frames in Melee also had pony tails, and were off of Zelda.
Couldn't be a possibility that the paralyser is in her special moves (and only her special moves) and that this is only Zamus A-moveset

Top Bottom