• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Luigi Players Are Dirty Liars

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
My highest is 5 in a row, but I've pulled off a 87.5% against Axe before (and he forcibly ragequitted) It was amazing.

Takota

Smash Rookie
The most I ever got was 6. It is weird and I always magically hit people. My friends tell me 'what the hell stop that. It is a bad move' but then they die because I crit them. The actually renamed it to my name. So whenever someone gets hit by a crit they all shout out obscenities and yell that they just got nick'd. Then they get salty. Real salty. And get angry fox. ANgry fox ONLY up smashes.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
snips i didn't know you were a luigi main... didn't you go falcon or something at apex pools?
Lol, I'm a Falcon main. I'm considering Luigi as a secondary. The playstyles compliment eachother really well, but Luigi isn't limited by a dash dance, and I'm already used to having a ****ty recovery, so that's one hump I don't need to get over.

Then they get salty. Real salty. And get angry fox. ANgry fox ONLY up smashes.
I just spit soda all over my keyboard

Castrate

Smash Rookie
I hardly misfire at all... it's odd to hear about people getting over 3 in a row.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
8 in a row. Not kidding. Maybe 3 years ago. Vids or it didn't happen I know. But seriously it happened. I know this **** is not random.

Beat!

Smash Master
8 in a row. Not kidding. Maybe 3 years ago. Vids or it didn't happen I know. But seriously it happened. I know this **** is not random.

1 in 16 777 216 are the odds of that happening.

Now consider that the odds of pulling two bombs in a row (pulling one is 1/300, right?) are 1 in 90 000.

So um, not saying I don't believe you

but I don't believe you

sorry

=p

(unless you're right about it not being random XD)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well...

I WANT TO SAY PICS SO BADDDD.

In a related not, I have gotten a 7/8 before. The chain broke after the 4th misfire, and then proceeded to misfire 3 more times....AXE ragequitted after it tho :( lol Everyone in AZ says my misfire rate is 87.5% because of it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That's what I expected lol... I'll just have to take this one to my grave I suppose. I realize the "odds" but I'm convinced now that those are not the actual odds and that it is nowhere near random.

oh I didn't mean in a row lol, my record for that is a whopping 8 (not kidding). (1/8)^8= 1/16777216. I don't think I'm the luckiest man on earth; with those odds I'm more likely to conclude that the 1/8 figure is incorrect. I'll never prove it though lol
^ mentioned this before around 8 months ago.

In the post before that blea claims 5 in a row. I believe him and seriously think the straight 12.5% is bogus.

Beat!

Smash Master
Well, if it actually happened (I don't see why you would "lie" about it twice) then I agree, 12.5% can't be right.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
You can't take single examples as proof of a whole. For every game I've had non-stop misfires, I've had 10 games without a single one.

So... roughly all of my matches played as Luigi. All 11 of them.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Ha... there's nothing I love more than misfiring twice or more in a row. Opponent=extremely salty. The reactions are priceless.

:phone:

Sc3ptor

Smash Rookie
Pet peeve:

When I misfire off a small stage, and my second misfire sends me off the stage again as I try to recover.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I believe the game is actually controlled by a little angry mexican inside the gamecube.
If you play as a character with random stuff a lot, you get random stuff much more often

i.e., I play lots of luigi, I start misfiring more per match. G&W 9 hammers more, Peach pulls up crap more, etc.

so yea, don't blame weegee players, its clearly the little mexican's fault.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
1 in 16 777 216 are the odds of that happening.

Now consider that the odds of pulling two bombs in a row (pulling one is 1/300, right?) are 1 in 90 000.

So um, not saying I don't believe you

but I don't believe you

sorry

=p

(unless you're right about it not being random XD)
1 in 17 mil is the odds of it happening in any given sequence of 8 luigi missles. If you figure you use the missle 8 times a match (reasonable?) you have to divide 17 mil by the number of matches you've played. Which for any serious long time smash player is at least 10,000 probably a lot more for some. Which takes it down to 1 in 1,700, which is certainly unlikely, but definitely not impossible. I've personally had a streak of 6 misfires before.

Oracle

Smash Master
It's not random. If you do the exact same actions in the exact same situation two times then the same result will come out, even if it's a supposedly random factor like peach's bombs or luigi's misfire. I haven't actually tested this, but if i'm on yoshis recovering from the right side, sometimes i'll misfire to the other side of the stage. When i try to side b back to the stage, i get another misfire. This has happened literally dozens of times

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I second that notion. I'm sure if you actually counted the number of misfires in congruence with that memory card's data for Luigi. It will always come out to around 1/8.

Top Bottom