• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Thats why we should have melee and brawl together! I love chilling with the brawl community :]

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Man, where did david's puff even come from. It just suddenly popped up out of nowhere and beats everyone. Wtf.

Jamie is now the official washing machine for edmonton. 707 damage in teams lol

Limeee

Smash Champion
Man, where did david's puff even come from. It just suddenly popped up out of nowhere and beats everyone. Wtf.

Jamie is now the official washing machine for edmonton. 707 damage in teams lol
i beasted downsmashed my way through doubles

then got ****ed in singles because of lack of experience as peach

:009:

EDIT: you melee guys should have a tournament joined with the brawl people, you may not like their game, but the brawl community is amazing
it'd be fun for both communitys to have a tournament together, where everyone has to enter everything but its free.

that way brawl players reluctant to try melee will try it, and melee players will play brawl and complain alot

Tyson651

Smash Lord
***-gas be playing puff cause of me. :D

70% of calgary players are playing puff as their secondary now or something

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
=( but i like hostin melee...

ah well whats good for the community is good for the community

Alphicans

Smash Hero
David doesn't know how to vs sheik as jiggs lol. He beasted my y.link in winners, then I beasted him first set of GF, then he beasted me back. I can't remain that technical for that long guys!

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
shiro, you said something about hosting this sort of thing every sunday

you gonna start doing that?

if you guys wanted to i could do that for melee no problem, it was grea having you guys out, i'd host brawl as well, not a problem for me =)

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman

I wanted to come to the monthly but had a late night out the day before.

Anyways, that upcoming SC2 tournament is only 1v1, right?
Granted, I don't think there's been a single tourney that's had teams but.. doesn't hurt to ask lol.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827

Anyways, that upcoming SC2 tournament is only 1v1, right?
Granted, I don't think there's been a single tourney that's had teams but.. doesn't hurt to ask lol.
all your questions can be answered

Here

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman

I didn't sleep at all that night. But despite the all-nighter I actually did waayyy better than usual. I won 2 sets and got pretty close to beating luke (1 stocked and 2 stocked)

Vitality

Smash Ace
1. Training mode sucks
2. Level 1 cpu best represents DI of a human
3. You roll to get to somewhere you want. That's already telling me you're going to do a barrel roll.
4. Training mode sucks

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
1. Training mode sucks
2. Level 1 cpu best represents DI of a human
3. You roll to get to somewhere you want. That's already telling me you're going to do a barrel roll.
4. Training mode sucks
Alright, I'll use a Lv 1 CPU next time. And I'm not even trying, lol. I try only against human players. I roll to get into place cause I know what the CPU is gunna do. I let him get back on stage.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
can someone tell me what happened to victra

i try to stalk him but it kinda doesn't work cuz i don't like anything he likes

Tyson651

Smash Lord
@leearthur
try and slow down your steps between the dair to shine (backwards).

@vietgeek
why would you stalk him if you don't like anything he likes?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
-Use cstick for aerials, that way you can use control stick less and if you get hit out of an aerial you avoid ****** DI
-stop trying to do things in rhythm. most likely the timing of the situation you will use those moves in will not be as simple as turning into a robot (maybe with falco it is as easy as being a robot sometimes, but against really good DI you have to chop it up even with easy combos)
-don't think so far ahead in time. this helps if you **** up or something you didn't expect happens. You can react faster and deal with things better if something happens that you don't expect. You can break every attack and motion up into a "what if" string of possibilities, but do so one action at a time.
-just watched the second vid, nobody cares about that stuff sorry.

example of ****** DI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEwOPTOlrs0#t=21s

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
-Use cstick for aerials, that way you can use control stick less and if you get hit out of an aerial you avoid ****** DI
-stop trying to do things in rhythm. most likely the timing of the situation you will use those moves in will not be as simple as turning into a robot (maybe with falco it is as easy as being a robot sometimes, but against really good DI you have to chop it up even with easy combos)
-don't think so far ahead in time. this helps if you **** up or something you didn't expect happens. You can react faster and deal with things better if something happens that you don't expect. You can break every attack and motion up into a "what if" string of possibilities, but do so one action at a time.
-just watched the second vid, nobody cares about that stuff sorry.

example of ****** DI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEwOPTOlrs0#t=21s
I know what you're talking about. It takes awhile getting into a mindset where you think "What is the next best thing I can do in this situiation" instead of "D-air is always followed up with a u-tilt at x to y percentages." Nice to know stuff like that, but the first mindset always has to be there as well. I'm trying to change that, especially since I have a habit of jab-resetting into another shine.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I know what you're talking about. It takes awhile getting into a mindset where you think "What is the next best thing I can do in this situiation" instead of "D-air is always followed up with a u-tilt at x to y percentages." Nice to know stuff like that, but the first mindset always has to be there as well. I'm trying to change that, especially since I have a habit of jab-resetting into another shine.
The trick is to play for 9 years.

Then when someone techs your phantom hit tipper and catches your team mate's bob-omb just as the lava saves the person you just spiked and they come back to win the match you go "good game" and think about your counterpick.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
The trick is to play for 9 years.

Then when someone techs your phantom hit tipper and catches your team mate's bob-omb just as the lava saves the person you just spiked and they come back to win the match you go "good game" and think about your counterpick.
9 years competitively? Or just 9 years in total?

I've played since half a year after it's release to now, but up until like 06/07 I abused Roy's F-smash. until 08/09 all I did was SHFFL bowser.

Limeee

Smash Champion
omg, FC'd nair is so much fun, i love peach

any tips for speeding my fc nair up?

i short hop then press down the moment i leave the ground, then let go of the stick and press a

is that the best method?

Top Bottom