• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
K well I may have exaggerated that only falco and jiggs win tournaments. That was more in reference to the international/national tournaments, but the main point I was trying to get across to ganondorftheking, is that brawl is very comparable to melee in terms of character balance.

Characters that have won major tournaments in the past year (my memory lol):

MK
Snake
Falco
IC's
Fox
GaW
Wario
Marth
Diddy
DDD
Ness
Yoshi

I am probably missing a few, but these are the ones I can remember that were recognized and relatively big.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
lol 'course i play. i'm diamond man... probs should be in plat now though with how rusty i am

falco was better than diddy before this new infinite was discovered... idk how much this will change the game though.

honestly, i would say in brawl it's more likely for a low tier character to take top 8 at a major tournament than in most other fighting games. look at mlg?
I think people in Silver are actually the best players. At least they BECOME the best players.
So far the best 2 players I know are in Silver and **** the **** out of all the diamond/etc players they play.
Started fresh/late/new and didn't just jump to a 'high bar' like all the others who already knew a bit about the game from playing SC beforehand and went off that.
They're actually GOOD at it. lol
gg nubs

There isn't a big difference between the 'best' and 'worst' options in brawl since there isn't that much flexibility. It makes sense that surprises/upsets/unexpected things (if you can really call them that) happen. Tiz logic mang

doc has won a few cali tourneys, so has mango's mario and ice climbers as well (can't remember who's...wasn't wobbles though)

peach and sheik win euro tourneys

and hax won some regional with falcon this year
Everyone above Link and DK (except Ganon) can win tourneys (Mario, Pika and Luigi can)
Ganon sucks, he's just easy to use well.

i'm diamond everything, not plat lul
nub

Vic add me and we'll 1v1 sometime I'm only low plat :]
nub

my bad guys i meant diamond haha.

no man im still noobie
nub

haha, ganondorf just sucks at brawl =/.
Ganon just sucks at everything.

K well I may have exaggerated that only falco and jiggs win tournaments. That was more in reference to the international/national tournaments, but the main point I was trying to get across to ganondorftheking, is that brawl is very comparable to melee in terms of character balance.

Characters that have won major tournaments in the past year (my memory lol):

MK
Snake
Falco
IC's
Fox
GaW
Wario
Marth
Diddy
DDD
Ness
Yoshi

I am probably missing a few, but these are the ones I can remember that were recognized and relatively big.
Are you trying to say something useful or just kind of posting things... lol
I'm just confused cause...
Well I'm not gonna try and understand but...
Majors =/= Internationals and Melee =/= Brawl and Balance =/= Capability o.O
What you posted is kind of meaningless, like completely LOL

Stop comparing brawl to melee.

Thanks.
This.
They're not even comparable in anyway aside from "Double Jumps" "Shields are Jump-out-able" and "There are Blastzones"
And kind of "some characters look similar"
lol

Read the content of the comparison?
nub

money match anyone in sc1 1v1
nub

That's so 90s LOL

Limeee

Smash Champion
We can compare it to Melee which I know less/very little about or SF4 where I know more. Both are more balanced than Brawl where [assumption] you literally have brackets of only MK, Falco, and Snake. You will never see a low tier character take a major. It will be very very rare to find a low tier character in top 8 in a major. [/assumption]

I barely know what I'm talking about right now, in terms of Brawl :p So things couldve changed. Just my opinyun
nah thats pretty much all wrong

IMO brawl is more balanced than melee, even if melee is more fun sometimes

in brawl you have tons of characters placing top 8 (see MLG)
there is just so much potential we haven't realized yet in brawl

in melee, its decently balanced, but its mostly fox vs falco or dittos of those two before they get knocked out by jigglypuff in NTSC and shiek/peach ****** in PAL

also, snake sucks, and only DEHF can win tournaments as falco XD
people overrate how scary MK dominates, but its mostly just m2k being super ****
:009:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Bamsey comes in here, and doesn't read what ganondorftheking said, and makes himself look really dumb.

Oh and he says some ******* **** like "mario and luigi can win tournaments." So? They haven't, now stfu.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Read the content of the comparison?
I did and it's wrong; But I wasn't gonna say anything.

First you say melee is unbalanced (Jiggs and Falco only win wanh wanh) then you say Brawl is more balanced than Melee (check out how diverse the characters that win are!!1), then you say they're comparable (whatever that means).

Either I'm missing your point or you're just talking about stuff that doesn't matter.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I didn't say melee is unbalanced >_>. I said Brawl is more balanced in terms of characters, and that can be reinforced by looking at tournament results. There's really no argument.

THIS STUFF WOULD NOT MATTER, BUT DUE TO WHAT GANONDORFTHEKING SAID, IT DOES MATTER, BECAUSE THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

In caps, so people can actually understand wtf is going on.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
There's plenty to argue about and the only reason there is argument is because you continue to compare Brawl and Melee. I could go on to say
the only reason there are random characters winning in brawl is because the metagame is trash compared to melee
but I won't because then I would be continuing to compare the two.

I know ganondorf the king started it but come on he obviously isn't as informed as he could be and is just saying stuff.

:(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol Carl... The only reason I am comparing the two is because he did.

Lets look at what happened.

He states that brawl only has 3 characters that matter (MK, snake, falco). Then he says that melee has much more character balance, as does SF. He also somewhat implies this is why he prefers melee.
I tell him he's wrong, and that brawl has plenty of character balance, and when it comes to major tournaments, there seems to be more character, and something I forgot to mention, player diversity among the top 8 or so.
Then I made a silly claim that only falco and jiggs win majors, but I only said this because at the last HUGE tournaments, jiggs or falco has won. Obviously lots of the high tiered characters win tournaments, but it was just a generalization.

I see nothing wrong with what just happened, and I see no point saying "this stuff doesn't matter." Of course it doesn't matter, but I am just refuting some stuff that was said which was very wrong.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
What you SHOULD have done is told him not to compare brawl and melee cause it's such a touchy subject round these parts.

Can we make out yet?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
But really and truly, in all honesty. We can definitely say that both of those games have no where near the diversity of smash 64.

(besides that there's only 10 characters)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hahahahah carl.

we can all agree to that riley. seems like everyone just ***** in that game

Ganondorf_the_King

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I started this ****fest, dumb idea of me. Tbh I shouldn't have come in here and trashed the game you guys play the most (I assume) without any idea of what I was talking about. It also doesn't give people a good first/new first impression of me, it gives the impression I'm just a troll. Sorry about that :( It doesn't change my opinion that I think this game is imbalanced though and I just assumed that tourneys were swamped with MK, Snake, and Falco because I think the game is imbalanced.

But I read through some of the Ganondorf threads and jesus christ, "chain choking" is using Ganon's side B and REACTING to everything a person does. oh my god.

Oh one more thing, is there a way to change my name on this forum? I usually go by ChuckBartowski on other forums etc. (not my IRL name btw) and I'd rather not use this name.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
its ok bro =p this stuff happens.

hahaha don't hate man. im one of the founding fathers of that technique

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
BRAWL IS 100000x BETTER THAN MELEE, CUZ WE NEED MOAR TECH SKILL

/trolling

but wow, nice ganon victor o.O.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
i just read all most the shi t you guys wrote about brawl and melee, its probs over now but incase it isnt: stfu

Top Bottom