• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'm hosting on
Friday from 11-7 or so.
Everyone's invited, post if you need my address/phone number.

It's new years eve so ya'll better be outta my house by 8.

I need people to bring 3 cubes and I also need you to bring yo A game. COME AT ME BRO.
Yeah! **** New Years anyways.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
nice! andrew and I can make this!

carl are you spending new years with your other friends or with jin and anderson and them?

Ganondorf_the_King

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...I started playing Brawl with friends who aren't competitive and I haven't cared about Smash for like a year or two but I'm thinking of getting back into it, might not happen though lol. Like last time I posted here and wanted to go to a tourney I was 15 or something (17 now)...But then I dropped Brawl and started playing SF after we had a house fire.

Anyways I want to know if Edmonton has any regular gatherings to play that isn't a tournament. And is the Brawl scene stronger than the Melee scene or are they equal? Because I'm *** at Melee, like it more, but ended up being better at Brawl.

And since, since I main Ganon, has anything major been discovered with him? I might browse the Ganon board if I remember to tomorrow but the last thing I remember was rolling backwards to the edge of a stage, down B, then while it recovers do jump down b and you get a useless super jump.

good post i know.

Ganondorf_the_King

Smash Apprentice
Brawl+ is dead. Now it's either Vanilla Brawl, Project M hype, or Project M leak.
...This is good and bad. On one hand I don't have to learn a new game. On the other I'd have to deal with a broken game with a broken character :(

@Victra Yeah it has been a long time since I posted lol. I went through some of my old posts and they made me look ********. Vanilla = plain Brawl. Idk, but in SF, SF4 is referred to as Vanilla, SSF4 as Super, and SSF4 Arcade Edition as AE.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i like how i knew what vanilla brawl was, since i play l4d2 competitively, and we call the public config vanilla lulul

Ganondorf_the_King

Smash Apprentice
We can compare it to Melee which I know less/very little about or SF4 where I know more. Both are more balanced than Brawl where [assumption] you literally have brackets of only MK, Falco, and Snake. You will never see a low tier character take a major. It will be very very rare to find a low tier character in top 8 in a major. [/assumption]

I barely know what I'm talking about right now, in terms of Brawl :p So things couldve changed. Just my opinyun

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
man tyson i can't believe you're plat in everything and you've played no 1v1 thats so you lolo same with you mike. I didn't know know you were plat. I didn't even know you played sc2 XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
We can compare it to Melee which I know less/very little about or SF4 where I know more. Both are more balanced than Brawl where [assumption] you literally have brackets of only MK, Falco, and Snake. You will never see a low tier character take a major. It will be very very rare to find a low tier character in top 8 in a major. [/assumption]

I barely know what I'm talking about right now, in terms of Brawl :p So things couldve changed. Just my opinyun
Look at the MLG results. Snake is a pretty overrated character first off, and diddy is better than falco anyways. This post is riddled with untruths.

In melee I see jiggs and falco winning tournaments....

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Anyways I want to know if Edmonton has any regular gatherings to play that isn't a tournament. And is the Brawl scene stronger than the Melee scene or are they equal? Because I'm *** at Melee, like it more, but ended up being better at Brawl.
If you like melee more, than play melee. Doesn't matter how bad you are. I've been going to events for a year now. I come in last place every single time, but I'm still an addict.

And since, since I main Ganon, has anything major been discovered with him? I might browse the Ganon board if I remember to tomorrow but the last thing I remember was rolling backwards to the edge of a stage, down B, then while it recovers do jump down b and you get a useless super jump.
DUDE ARE YOU KIDDING? Only the hippest and cheapest of all moves in melee was discovered! In fact it was so gamebreaking that they wanted it banned! It is ganon's forward air! By far the most top tier move

T-block

B2B TST
lol 'course i play. i'm diamond man... probs should be in plat now though with how rusty i am

falco was better than diddy before this new infinite was discovered... idk how much this will change the game though.

honestly, i would say in brawl it's more likely for a low tier character to take top 8 at a major tournament than in most other fighting games. look at mlg?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
doc has won a few cali tourneys, so has mango's mario and ice climbers as well (can't remember who's...wasn't wobbles though)

peach and sheik win euro tourneys

and hax won some regional with falcon this year

Tyson651

Smash Lord
man tyson i can't believe you're plat in everything and you've played no 1v1 thats so you lolo same with you mike. I didn't know know you were plat. I didn't even know you played sc2 XD
i'm diamond everything, not plat lul

Top Bottom