• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

FalseFalco

Smash Master
its a carl thing just like WCC which went fairly well.

The money thing between shiro and I is a different thing; if it doesn't get resolved I won't be helping.

When is frag? And is sid running it?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lol I tryed so hard to do that to tyson at CT4, so hard.

But I usually took first priority anyways, (bowsercides) and he would never pick it back up, he'd always just drop it.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
K guys, I haven't said anything about this because I need confirmation on a small detail.

It will be listed as an unofficial Frag tournament, but a Frag tournament nonetheless. You *might* have to be a participant of Fragapalooza 2008 to enter the tourney, which means $80 for the 4-day event.

It's good times for sure. Just bring a computer and game till you drop. Or you could be hardcore and stay up the entire 4 days, though that would be inhuman.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Some info about Frag:

It's essentially a 4-day LAN party. In recent years console games have been gaining popularity at Frag, though PC gamers heavily outnumber console gamers. Usually there are about 800 participants over the 4 days. It runs from early Thursday until Sunday evening (Aug 7-10) and yes, you can sleep there. Visiting hours are between 9am-10pm. Anyone can come and go as they wish during these times without paying, though you aren't permitted to bring any computer hardware in with you if you are a spectator (they'll stop you at the door, and seats are reserved anyway).

I bring my laptop, but I'm not a PC gamer at all. I just go there for a good time since many of my friends go to this every year.

So, for $80, you can:

- Bring a computer
- Stay overnight (between 10pm-9am). This is enforced too.
- Participate in contests. There are many, many contests, and they are a lot of fun with awesome prizes. For example, a 256-man Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament with a $5000 CPU as a prize (They did that last year). Many of the contests happen after midnight.
- Participate in tournaments. I'm not much of a PC gamer, so I don't even know the official tournaments they are holding. This is where I need clarification, since I don't know if my tournament will require people to be Frag participants.

www.fragapalooza.com

/advertising

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I hope there is SC tourny there, I have been improcing so much, nearly C+! I bet I would clean house no lie, Alberta sux at SC <.<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I hope there is SC tourny there, I have been improcing so much, nearly C+! I bet I would clean house no lie, Alberta sux at SC <.<
I have a few friends here in Red Deer who play starcraft more then they sleep. (Sean & Brent).
Brent will be coming with me to ADAT so maybe you can talk to him then, and Sean doesn't really like you so i'm not sure about him.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sean really doesn't like me... All the better reason to 1v1 me on the game. I can't see why he doesn't like me, like we barely talked at all. And at CAST3 we pretty much played together the whole time. ????

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sean really doesn't like me... All the better reason to 1v1 me on the game. I can't see why he doesn't like me, like we barely talked at all. And at CAST3 we pretty much played together the whole time. ????
I think it's because you ***** his *** at CAST3.

SC MM? XDD

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure someone will have an SC tournament if theres not an official one.

But be warned, there are some pretty beast SC players on route.

Frio

Smash Champion
I remember the good old naive days when I thought I was ok at SC. Then I vsed Luke and died in less than 5 minutes. THEN I learned about the real pros 0_o

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Luke faced me and lost in less than 5 minutes.
WTF?? I believe one day you said you got SC, and wanted to play again. Then I said I would be happy to play with you and teach you somethings. THEN you never went online. This man speaks all lies!

Victor I will SC MM one of your friends anyday.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Gotta love 4 AM posts. I'm just bugging you. I've changed my sleep schedule for work.

I'm trying to come, but I need to talk to a lot of people

Levi5

Smash Ace
Edit: 5:30 am posts. It's almost bed time now, see what I mean. I'll wake up and go to work in the afternoon and it'll be like your guys' mornings.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
WTF?? I believe one day you said you got SC, and wanted to play again. Then I said I would be happy to play with you and teach you somethings. THEN you never went online. This man speaks all lies!

Victor I will SC MM one of your friends anyday.
<.<!

*Breakdance's through a window*

kithkin

Smash Champion
Guys, Levi's not in control of whether he's coming, he talks like he's coming, but he's actually relying on me to provide him a ride =P

And funnily enough, I think I have finally managed to do that, thanks to Kevin's friend. (Koda kevin)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
im korean and play sc, luke. are u scared?

i actually never play 1v1, im always on 3v3 haha.

but i am pro at teams.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Is Calgary dead or something? Lol.

Btw, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba aren't 'Central Canada'. Central Canada is actually the unofficial name for Ontario and Quebec. As a geography lover I had to get that off my chest >>

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Is Calgary dead or something? Lol.

Btw, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba aren't 'Central Canada'. Central Canada is actually the unofficial name for Ontario and Quebec.
Brads the only guy in Calgary who likes Brawl. Not sure about Alex.

Just think of this thread as the Alberta Thread + Blitzmidfielder and joenopride. I don't really like the fact that we're "Central Canada" either. We're more like, the Canadian Midwest. xD

kithkin

Smash Champion
I always called us west.

But Randall kinda screwed that up.

Also me and Alex from Calgary like Brawl. I'm really the only still active one. Depending if Levi gets into brawl, or if the other people ever go to tournaments.

Top Bottom