• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Did you upload a doubles vid of you & Dan vs Tyson & Brad? Cause thats up. Looking forward to the other melee vids =)

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, it's the Dirty Saski again.

So I'm finally going to get to posting up the SK Biweeklies thread, but I wouldn't know the first thing on how to format the post or what to cover in it. And considering how awesome of neighbors you fellows are, I was going to ask for any tips or things I should know before posting it. <<

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Any chance of the bi-weeklies being in Regina occasionally Blitz? I just can't make the trip out of town usually.
Yeah, I'm sure I can arrange something. The guys in Dauphin will be a little pissed, but they're pretty mellow, so they won't mind. I just don't know any venues or if I can afford them. Maybe the Esterhazy group will have a problem, but they're pretty understanding. If everyone to the east is a little busy, I'll just hold it in Regina.

On another note, I might move to Regina soon if things keep going like they are. x_x

Might be at Mitch's if I do.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Even as just one person, this is the amount of people who know and care about the Biweeklies:

Ryan - Foam Lake
4 folks from Dauphin
4-5 folks from Esterhazy
Myself and Riley (Yorkton)
A friend in Saskatoon
And Mitch, Greg, Sean, Kat, Nat, and you from Regina. So regionally, you're the majority. So far, Ryan has been showing up when his job and other activities haven't comprimised; The Dauphin friends have yet to get their friend to drive them out; the Esterhazy fellows have only been able to show up once; and Riley and myself have been the only perfect attendees so far. Sean, Mitch, and Nat all came in, and that day was a disaster (the city gave me the wrong key to the building I rented, no one else showed up).

So really, it's not that big a deal. I'm always looking for a reason to go to Regina. if I had a cell, I'd call people on the fly. xP

I always ask for a headcount a week in advance of the Biweekly so I can get an area suiting for the number of people. Yorkton was Ideal because of the waypoint between Regina and Dauphin, although it sounds good on paper, I feel like an *** making 3 friends from Regina drive out to Yorkton so no one would show. x_x

Also: next BW is 12th, shooting for noon again.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
You must be joking.

Well, I actually know a bunch of smashers in Yorkton, but none of them want to take it seriously or even know SWF exists.

Because there's Troy, Taylor, Some other guy whom I can't remember, Luke, Riley's brother Tyler, James, his brother Micheal (I think he still lives here), Mike, Nelson the Super-casual, Paul, and a whole lot of high-schoolers whose names I don't know. That's just people I know.

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah see. once brawl came out. Calgary really has

5 smashers at most now. But Allan doesn't really ever talk to smashers, so he's out, Kevin hardly does anything either, he's out.

So its me alex and randall. and John might be making a comeback.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah see. once brawl came out. Calgary really has

5 smashers at most now. But Allan doesn't really ever talk to smashers, so he's out, Kevin hardly does anything either, he's out.

So its me alex and randall. and John might be making a comeback.
I thought Allan was into Brawl? What about Taylor, Buddyvishnu and ChaosZero? Aren't they still playin' Melee?

Levi5

Smash Ace
Dear Diary;
Today I went to the zoo and an elephant had a boner that was larger than my arm. It nearly dragged on the ground, it was the funniest thing I've seen in my life. I took pics to post on the internet at irrelevant moments on royboards. I also went go-karting and crashed into a bunch of little kids karts going like 40 k and it was the most fun I've ever had that involved a small child. Then some who reminded me of roy and wore all red flipped his ****ing go-kart, how the **** does someone do that? It was hilarious none-the-less. I got a blister on my thumb from go-karting so I won't be playing video games for awhile, but it was totally worth it.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Yeah even Levi quit smash, and he was really all we had going for us.
:rolleyes:

Blitzmidfielder said:
I know Brawl's not nearly as good as Melee, but... how could it -ruin- an entire scene in an environment like Calgary?
Well, the inferiority of the game severely delayed my enthusiasm and I'm the only one who has stepped up to try and organize competitive play. Plus the rest of my life got quite complicated as well, which didn't help bring smash to the top of the priority list. However, I think it's jumping to conclusions to say the scene is ruined. I'm going on a vacation from July 11th to the 28th, will be attending the tournament at SFU whilst in Vancouver on the 12th and plan to return to arrange tri-weekly events in Calgary.

I happened to be of the opinion that they will work out just fine, whether Levi shows up or not. ;)

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Oo;

Anyhow, I feel like a dweeb asking, but if anyone feels like coming out for the 12th, I'd appreciate it. Probably at Regina, but I need a headcount. <<

kithkin

Smash Champion
XD theres two other big tournaments going on then, so I can't

and Randall, hey levi was the south host, I'm still trying to be more in competitive than anyone, but I simply can't host.

Top Bottom