• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
that interview was interesting, although nothing new really... i guess it confirms that brawl was never meant to REPLACE melee per se.
The interview bothers me because buddy seems very out of touch with Smash's fan base. It just seems selfish and unwise to me to create a game based mainly off of his own experiences with Melee. That's what I gathered.

I don't want to think that though, because when you're working with a huge, successful franchise it just wouldn't be the smart thing to do.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I wish they would have rules and such on the website since it's kinda 2 days before the tourney. ._.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Lol at implying people who play brawl suck at melee.
I don't see the problem there.

xpiritflare still exists? I was just wondering what happened to him.
John Tang? He ***** a little kid.

why does kithkin or whatever keep double posting
Why do you care?

I wish they would have rules and such on the website since it's kinda 2 days before the tourney. ._.
You mean you wish the host wasn't a ******? me too.

we don't know how to low kick here in AB

maybe we don't have any PP left
Some of us know high kicks.

*SIDHIGHFIVE*

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
So smashboards emailed me today saying happy birthday. But it's tomorrow.

I have been getting so many informal automated messages that have been wrong lately.

Also, Bread. What is your sig of?

Edit: Me and Jarrett successfully set up a melee club at Ainlay. It's going to be sooo hype! I'm sure at least 30 asians will show up. GET READY FOR FRESH BLOOD IN THE MELEE SCENE!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Why the hell is it melee specific? Even if you didn't want to help the brawl scene at all, allowing brawl to be played at the same time increases your over all interest group. This means higher attendance. So you will get all of the people who like melee, plus all the people who like brawl. Chances are you get some of those people who like brawl to like melee as well, and boom! You win, melee wins, brawl wins, we all win.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
not exactly. it could just be all the people who come play melee finds it too hard, then they all start playing brawl, since its a newer game too.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Why the hell is it melee specific? Even if you didn't want to help the brawl scene at all, allowing brawl to be played at the same time increases your over all interest group. This means higher attendance. So you will get all of the people who like melee, plus all the people who like brawl. Chances are you get some of those people who like brawl to like melee as well, and boom! You win, melee wins, brawl wins, we all win.
Or they could just play Melee and people that play Melee and Brawl could just play Melee.

Everyone wins!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
not exactly. it could just be all the people who come play melee finds it too hard, then they all start playing brawl, since its a newer game too.
I'd agree with it if it weren't for the very fact brawl is a newer game. People coming to melee club have been able to experience both brawl and melee, and if they are choosing to play melee then obviously the like it more. This does not apply to brawl, because it is not unreasonable to have people who have played brawl but who haven't played melee.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
There's not unlimited setups and the 3 or 4 there are will be used for melee. Maybe if we had 5 or 6 setups. 1 could be used for brlaw and 1 for SMASH 64

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I'd agree with it if it weren't for the very fact brawl is a newer game. People coming to melee club have been able to experience both brawl and melee, and if they are choosing to play melee then obviously the like it more. This does not apply to brawl, because it is not unreasonable to have people who have played brawl but who haven't played melee.
not solely based on the fact that its a newer game, but its better graphics, more people play it, more characters, etc.

its kinda like, if i were to start playing starcraft, i'd play sc2 over sc1 lol

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
U of C Smash Tournament tomorrow at 5:00pm. 64 Melee and Brawl.

Tournament Hype:

-New guy feels confident in getting top 3. With Roy.
-Paul challenges his Falco versus my Puff in a best of 5, and he says he will try.
-Tom vs Brent Falcon vs Yoshi rematch
-Me vs Victor Falco rematch
-Hansel/James versus Ben (Snakeplayer), maybe.
-Top players hype
-Brad might come

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
I can't even go. School is effing me over.

now i feel really bad, cuz idk if james can go if i can't go =/

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
wait, the new guy plays roy?

TRIPLE THE HYPE
that made me so happy

Brawls music sucks

U of C Smash Tournament tomorrow at 5:00pm. 64 Melee and Brawl.

Tournament Hype:
-Brad might come

Top Bottom