• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
you're in edmonton?

when I met Tyler today, Tyler told me that he and luke met each other on campus but they just walked past each other as if they didn't know the other existed. HXC

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i already knew it was a troll cause the financial offices dont have a hallway.

nubs.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
lol Vincent's in my Engg 130 class :] I sat right next to him but i had no clue until the end of the lecture haha.

Walked into Econ 281 and it was like pouring hot asian girls. Yep. Engg :[

Frio

Smash Champion
I keep thinking I see Victor at the uni but I don't know if it's actually him or a different asian >_>

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
i'm from alberta too :D
Hey, welcome to the Alberta Thread.
I'm probably a bad person to do introductions because I'm still fairly new, but whatever.

Anyway, if you live in Edmonton, there's a Brawl tournament today. Check the Tournament Listings forum for more details, but I think it starts at 12:00 or something. If you live in Calgary, Brawl is practically dead, but there will be a tournament sometime this year. If you live in none of the above, Fort Saskatchewan and Lethbridge have semi-smash scenes.

In terms of wifi, I believe only KillLock and Hansel34 play on a consistent basis (which may or may not be consistent now that school has started), and Alphicans also plays wifi. I think those guys are the only ones in Alberta that play online.

Most people in this thread know each other quite well, but don't be intimidated! Also, try to attend tournaments and smashfests in your area to get to know the community better (if you want to, lol). They're fun (and safe), and I just went to my first smashfest this summer. If you're in Calgary, maybe we'll meet sometime. If you're not, I hope you become an active member of Alberta smash! =D

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Dragonz also plays wi-fi?

Also, I haven't played in a bit, tooo muchhh hwwwwwwww.

But yeh....

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
LOOOOL David. You would.

Falco ***** Fox imo
...but overall, who ***** MORE?!?! :-D

Oh, unless you meant Falco ***** Fox at ****** other characters.

IMO Fox is faster and stronger, while Falco is more adaptable, easier to use, and combos better.

BTW to make ourselves feel good, to all smashers who can SH with Fox consistently (which should me most of us hopefully), we can feel good that we are able to press X/Y in 1/30th of a second.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
probably fox. I know I'd be way more comfortable playing against most of the cast as Fox as opposed to Falco

Fox's hardest match up is like, Falco. But Fox does better against Marth, Sheik, Jiggs (especially Jiggs), and Peach which Falco usually has problems with since he gets gimp ***** a lot easier, and can't kill floaties very well.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
True; Falco > fast fallers, but floaties are annoying to deal with, unless you got platforms to help you. But why are there so many more Falcos doing well than Foxes in tourneys?

I should reword it:

Which is the better character? Falco or Fox?

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Falco has horrible recovery, shine spike him once and he's dead.

I mean that sounds pretty black and white. But it also means falco can combo you 'til 100% till he gets ya. But fox can just waveshine falco to the edge and gimp him early.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
So a lot of people think Falco > Fox in 1 v 1, but in terms of overall, I think Falco's are higher up in tourney results just cause it's easier to approach, to defend, to switch between the two, and to follow up on combos. More leeway for error I guess (not in terms of recovery or being knocked off, but that should be harder cause of lasers n stuff)

There's a stickied thread about it in the Falco section, going over combo potential, grabs, aerials, etc etc.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Unless you're godly technical, fox cannot waveshine falco.
Lol yeah, I can only waveshine the fattest of fat and heavy/high traction characters (Bowser, DK, etc)

Fox has more guaranteed one-two punches than Falco, which usually accounts for his wins against Jiggs and stuff.
AKA Drillshine-upsmash, jab-upsmash, upthrow-upair, extreme camping, shine-gimping. Harder to set up for stuff, but guaranteed if you do.
While Falco only has his downair/shine-downair. A lot of stuff is easier to set up, but harder to actually kill them once it's going.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I prefer the fox side of the matchup.

I seem to remember lukes fox was pretty good at being anti-falco, but I don't think you've been camped super hard yet luke. Playing BC falcos with fox is different :(

Top Bottom