• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's where you mind game your opponent by doing the same thing over and over again so they are conditioned to your response so that you can mind game at an appropriate time.

for example: with marth, forward throw, regrab, forward throw can condition someone to decide to DI away, at which time you f-smash tipper them.

people say you are supposed to leave it in your hair for a few minutes, so thats like a few stocks in melee, or half way through first stock for brawl.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
Steve isn't your family name French for like bowser or something, is that why you know so much about hair product

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Mousse is pretty much any sort of foam or lather. It can be used in a culinary context (chocolate mousse) or to describe certain hair products. Hair mousse is meant to function like hair gel, but it provides extra volume and doesn't make your hair quite as crunchy.

Bowser uses mousse.

Stevo

Smash Champion
You guys ever notice how it's usually worse to ask for permission to do something that would have gone unnoticed (most likely) anyway?

I noticed the other day of my decision to not bother asking permission for something minor and I thought about why I made that decision.

Turns out, subconsciously I decided that

punishment for claiming ignorance when caught x estimated chance of getting caught < punishment for being denied permission x estimated chance of it being against the rules

furthermore, I realized that there is usually a bias towards feigning ignorance.
I believe this is because by not choosing to ask permission, you get immediate gratification, and with lower chances of getting caught doing something wrong, you may get to do the action for a large amount of time before getting caught and being forced to stop.
In fact, getting caught usually means a temporary stop, as you can start again once you believe the chance of another detection is low enough.

Another situation is where you KNOW something is not allowed, but pretend to not know.

and on and on.

essentially, most situations which involve you wanting to do something against some set of rules will lean towards ignorance or disregard of the rules (be it on purpose or truthful or not).
The punishment must be significantly harsh for one to follow the rules.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
OH MAN I SAW LUKE WITH A GIRL TODAY
THEY WERE HOLDING HANDS AND IT WAS ADORABLE <3

it also made me feel really old

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I saw victor today but it seemed like he was hiding behind his friends so i couldnt say hi.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
it was 12:30, you were walking from etlc and just entered the quad field with your two white friends and your gf.

i walked like 2 meters from you going to eltc/cme building, but you were in the middle and the two white friends basically walled you off so i didn't bother saying hi, and you didn't see me anyway.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I've seen Age and Jber, but no n1zf, Levi or others.

Probably because they're all hiding in the Art department.

Stevo

Smash Champion
who here is gonna play Project Melee?
I wasn't excited about it until about a week ago.
looks pretty legit so far actually

while on the topic of smash, has everyone seen the new tier list?

this is what I think (wobbling allowed and Pokemon Stadium counter pick :( )

~TOP~
Fox/Puff/Falco
Sheik/Marth

~HIGH~
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers

~MIDDLE~
Samus/Ganondorf
Doctor Mario
Mario
Pikachu
Luigi
Donkey Kong

~LOW~
Link
Young Link
Mewtwo/Zelda

~BOTTOM~
Game & Watch
Yoshi
Roy
Ness
Pichu
Kirby
Bowser

Doubles
Falco and marth below peach
Jiggs the best

Id love to be able to split falco/fox/jiggs but I dont play those 3 characters so Im not sure.
Sheik/Marth is hard to call too.

Top Bottom