• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
K i have a bit of free time on saterday and sunday i think, and after 3 on monday. Ill only be in calgary for 5 days I want to play some local smashers!

If anybody thinks they might be available then, please add me on msn Brightwing@gmail.com, I'll be getting teh interwebs in my hotel room so I'll talk to you when I'm there.

(haha sorry for the above post, my friend didn't log out when he was over)

kithkin

Smash Champion
And you guys whine about my post numbers.

Seriously, look how little harm he did.

But HEY! I'll gladly smash if I'm free. oh and you know Niko? thats pretty cool.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I definately havn't gotten in trouble lately... you know. whatever. its cool for me to not come home untill midnight on a school night when they didnt even know I was gone and was all weekend.

The Chuff

Smash Cadet
Uh, hi everyone. I live in Calgary, so I thought I should pop in hrere.
Brief summary of me(or at least facts I feel are important):
1. I suck at smash. Undeniably suck at it.
2. I turn 15 this thursday, so I'm younger than yall, so I'm a little nervous about meeting yall to smash.
3. I've never been to a tournament, and I don't seem to be finding any possible ones. All the ones I've seen are before my school year ends, except the July 12th one, which is stampede week, which means I can't do anything. Yeah.

That's it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
1. You'll get better, especially since your from Calgary. With Brawl, you'll get good within an hour.
2. We're all around 15-21 with the exception of a few who are a bit younger and older and Chad, who's 30. You won't feel out of place though, even with Chad around.
3. Its a shame you didn't post here sooner. You actually missed a lot of opportunities and tournies, especially before Brawl's released.

I wish Red Deer showed more enthusiasm D:

The Chuff

Smash Cadet
I did briefly check up around here , and I almost signed up for AME, but then it turned out I was taking a test that weekend. Stupid school.
Also, I have 3 friends who smash as much as I do, and I might be able to get them to sign up here as well.

kithkin

Smash Champion
First of all. Chad IS NOT 30.

Second of all, seriously everyones getting me down, just put a Little enthusiasm please?

and third of all, Chuff, you're gonna have to work around school if you really want to start playing a lot, because sadly, a LOT of us have school, and as for the summer... you still won't see all that much when it comes to tournaments unless you're willing to travel.

But hey, all that aside, glad to see new people, And hope you can make it to something sombody is hosting.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Chuff, there will eventually be regular tournaments in Calgary starting up sometime in the summer every three weeks. In the meantime, we're doing some smashing this coming Sunday.

This thread has the details for both.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
+ post count because i can.

The Chuff, would you mind traveling to tournaments outside Calgary? Theres a tournament in Edmonton at the end of the month, maybe you'd be interested. CLICK HERE

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
Everybody on Smashboards got sucked into brawl since they expected it to be as good as melee.

Ha-ha. The joke's on us. We all just ushered our $50 to Sakurai.

How does that make you feel?

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Better then constantly sucking on Melee's ****.

Could we all just please stop the pointless back and forth banter? I'm getting rather sick and darn tired of it. I just want to enjoy both games and play with everybody. WITHOUT having to worry about some scrub in the back going, "Brawl sucks!" or "Don't play it like Melee then!!"

If that crap makes it to CT4, I might lose it.

I'll play both games and stick around for the laughs and smiles I have with my friends. That's what I want. This is getting ridiculous.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Everybody on Smashboards got sucked into brawl since they expected it to be as good as melee.

Ha-ha. The joke's on us. We all just ushered our $50 to Sakurai.

How does that make you feel?
It's moderately fun, but it sucks compared to Melee.

I actually want to see it become competitive just because that would be a big slap across Sakurai's face.

EDIT:

Could we all just please stop the pointless back and forth banter? I'm getting rather sick and darn tired of it. I just want to enjoy both games and play with everybody. WITHOUT having to worry about some scrub in the back going, "Brawl sucks!" or "Don't play it like Melee then!!"

I'll play both games and stick around for the laughs and smiles I have with my friends. That's what I want. This is getting ridiculous.
WTF? You made another account just so you can separate "spin" and "dash" with a hyphen?
Whats wrong with you Brandon xD.

Also, look at that noob, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Look at his join date, and his post count! LOL it's at 1!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

I believe it makes for valid and interesting discussion, but I feel that the subject has been poisoned by all of y'all reading too much of it on the boards. If you keep it rational, there's no banter and there's no conflict--just discussion. An awful lot of unnecessary heat (and HATE) has been created out of watching the internet bicker in its own ******** way about the nature of the two games, but I think you'll find that there aren't many Melee players who actually HATE Brawl and when we say "Brawl sucks" we mean to say that it's simply not as good as Melee. Not because it's a bad game, but because nothing is as good as Melee.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Oh believe me, Randall. I know and actually like valid and interesting discussion. But I've just seen the line between "Melee's depth at the moment outperforms Brawl" in comparison to "Brawl sucks. Keep playing Melee if you want to go somewhere, *******.", that line's been crossed too many times.

And you are most definitely right. This place and too many other places have poisoned me pretty much. I want discussion, but I guess at this point I'm scared to try that without something going apesh*t around here, y'know? ... Scared to talk about a video game. HA. Look at me. XD

It's the internet and people who like Brawl but not as much as Melee could say "Brawl sucks", but over the internet it's hard to find the true meaning behind what they're thinking without elaborations or emotion behind it. That's a flaw of the internet at times. Which bites hardcore.

Sorry for that little lashout, and the anger wasn't directed at anyone I know in our community, we have a good outlook on things when it comes to discussing games.

@ Janitor

The hyphen pwns you, my friend.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
To each his own yes, but when it comes down to the quality of the game SC beats melee. It's more balanced, being one of the most balanced games I've ever played, and more competitive.

Although I gotta say Melee gives that immediate rush of action and satisfaction, where as SC you gotta work for it.

And if we could all have the dexterity of Boxers rine micro the controller would break.... Seriously that ****s insane it makes me cry sometimes.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Boxer is more creative/strategic/think outside the box player. His speed was never his strongest point. There were players at this time that often doubled his APM, but they still lost to him. Slayers_Boxer vs Yellow were always a guaranteed good watch, just grab a cool class of coke and enjoy.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
im korean, i like sc. :D

and the fairness depends on the map, not on the races, just so u kno.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
im korean, i like sc. :D

and the fairness depends on the map, not on the races, just so u kno.
I am completely disagree, protoss is way to good :p. I am half joking of course, but at the same time any noob can pick up toss and **** a noob terran or even zerg player. And I agree with Chaotic, but have you looked at newer and more "hip" terrans? Take Mind for example, he over thinks things over so well that he could do a proxi factory rush and make it happen, infact he has. And Hwasin has come up with so many anti-rush techniques and his pushes are soooooo good vs toss it's unbareable. But to anyone who wants to see real inspiration look at the older players, and IMO Nal_Ra was the most creative player, even more so than boxer, just cause it was harder to do more outside of the box (with protoss) stuff back in those days.

Oh and Tyson do you play SC or do you just "like" it? If ya play it I would like to play you, I've lost alot of interest in SC lately, kinda depressing.

Top Bottom