• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
well its not like they're gonna release footage of fully polished graphics yet.

omg my health teacher was hilarious today. "WE'RE GONNA SEEH SOME FREAKING RAVE PARTIES TODAY!" as he grabs a desk and bangs it on the ground. The entire school heard him lmfao.
And then he shows this video on club drugs which is one of those typical 80s "dont do drugs" educational videos.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
well its not like they're gonna release footage of fully polished graphics yet.

omg my health teacher was hilarious today. "WE'RE GONNA SEEH SOME FREAKING RAVE PARTIES TODAY!" as he grabs a desk and bangs it on the ground. The entire school heard him lmfao.
And then he shows this video on club drugs which is one of those typical 80s "dont do drugs" educational videos.
Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agT2GVNQjao&fmt=18

Stevo

Smash Champion
Metroid + Ninja Gaiden could only be beat by Legend of Zelda + Ninja Gaiden.
lol

also, I feel that in Metroid you have to have that feeling of loneliness and isolation. The metroid Prime games had that feeling. With Samus talking and doing "finishing blows" and ninja stunts it might take away from the Metroid feel.

However, the game will probably have many other things going for it, and might be targeting a different gaming audience.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
i like metroid prime :(
environments and adventure
plus samus talks wtf?
beeps and boops are fine
Samus never beeped and booped in anything but Smash Broth-- Oh wait. Right. Carl.

You do realize that so far Nintendo is getting close to matching the amount of core games that they made on the GC (they may be easier but they are core).
Uh... They've made like... 9 first party games, only two of which were any good. (this isn't fact, but really I am not bothering to think of any good ones besides Galaxy and Prime (which I don't like prime, or galaxy for that matter, but they're considered good)

Not to mention, Dare I say, # of games =/= Quality of games.

P.S. Now that I think about it, how will Metroid: Other M play? I mean, it will be hard being made by Team Ninja but we don't know anything about genre or stuff like that.
It will play like Metroid Prime 2 mixed with Wind Waker's broken dodge battle system (you know the one, where you waited till they glowed, pessed 'A' and it rolled around them and killed them one hit?)

Although the physical gameplay may be boring, repetitive and really in fact just plain ****ty, it WILL look very stylish.Aswell as perhaps include a system where you can time a hit AFTER a finishing blow in order to do a "stylish" move, getting you more points from the crowd, and upon reaching 100 you get to spi the roulette to get a random effect, such as 3 hearts filling all your HP, and 3 flowers filling your MP bar so you can do Powerbounce again. Don't forget to equip badges.

With Samus talking and doing "finishing blows" and ninja stunts it might take away from the Metroid feel.
Metroid Gaiden Calibur Wars 3: Forever.

However, the game will probably have many other things going for it, and might be targeting a different gaming audience.
It's like brawl!

**** it's gonna suck.

I'm probably in the wrong area but is anyone REALLY exited for halo ODST?
Lol smashboards.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
For those worrying if this will be abandoning everything Metroid, you have to keep in mind that one of the major guys handeling it is the guy who directed the original Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid fusion, and Zero mission, and the reason he wanted Team Ninja's help was because he was not good with 3D.

In terms of story it will be between Super and Fusion, and in terms of linearity it will be more like fusion but with more exploration.

Here is the interview with the creators - http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3174587&p=44

P.S. I love how the topic can instantly change to Metroid without warning

Snake6523

Smash Ace
I wasn't sure if you guys were ready for this, but I think you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNK2L8-V5dQ&feature=related
Holy ****, he's so asian I thought it was sho till I heard his voice. Then I realized he actually looks different too, but god****, he's so asian.

For those worrying if this will be abandoning everything Metroid, you have to keep in mind that one of the major guys handeling it is the guy who directed the original Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid fusion, and Zero mission, and the reason he wanted Team Ninja's help was because he was not good with 3D
Well, not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure no matter what they did as long as it had Samus, or SOMEONE in some kind of Varia suit etc. Involved the term Metroid and something to do with them, or not even that just the title. It would be metroid.

Given that it's not Metroid Tetris.

Okay, let me rephrase this, It's pretty much always gonna be metroid as long as the title says so, and it remains something to do with a man in a suit that shoots things(or doesn't actually, as long as he could) in (roughly)space.

P.S. I love how the topic can instantly change to Metroid without warning
I don't want to bother looking, but I am willing to bet real cash that it wasn't smash before that.

And that if something interesting comes up, metroid could be dropped, like that.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
omgomgomgomg.
High School Musical is coming to Red Deer.

edit: double post, but that was just way to important to have to wait.

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
wtf man samus. Her gender is the only thing seperating her from the 100 other space marines. Also. Other M is still going to be a shooter, i'm guessing what was shown in the trailer wass a GoW-esque finishing move. I do hope they have a melee system though.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
first the math troll and now this
you sound like you have the best teachers Jarret
Yup, all my teachers are da bomb.

like that, but longer and more detailed.

K so I decided to type in "ignorance is bliss" on google because I was bored, and found this:

http://www.philosophistry.com/archi...ce_is_bliss_what_should_intellectuals_do.html

holy ****, reading the comments was like taking a crash course on philosophy.
if anyone is bored and feels like reading something interesting, that link be the way.

Stevo

Smash Champion
omgomgomgomg.
High School Musical is coming to Red Deer.

edit: double post, but that was just way to important to have to wait.
what is it with red deer and High school musical?

My 1 asian roomate/friend loves HSM and comes from red deer, and just recently i met someone else from red deer and they are obsessed with it as well. (they both happen to be asian, so is it a red deer asian thing?)

I dont understant!

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
Carl didn't trip, a lot of people associate Atheism with Darwin's theory of Evolution

Top Bottom